Gran Turismo 5 black friday & cyber monday week deals

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
The pre-order deals section is now COMPLETE.
See Post #4 for the archived pre-order and retailer exclusive pre-order cars deals. Post #4 is here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7776753&postcount=4

Post Release Date Deals Section
The deals in this section DO NOT come with pre-order bonus cars unless explicitly noted.

Standard Edition Deals

Walmart (online only) standard ed. $49.99
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11991856

Amazon gt5 standard ed. $53.99 & part of B1G1 50% off
http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Playstation-3/dp/B002BSA1C6

Kmart (in-store week of 28/11/10) $15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+ LIVE

Kmart (in-store only from 24/11/10 - 27/11/10): GT5 standard ed. w/ $25 gaming coupon DEAD
Must be a Shop Your War Reward Member

Toys r us:
Thursday 10:00 pm - Friday at 1:00 pm states you'll get a $20 gift card

GT5 Bundles
Walmart.com cyber monday week (LIVE as of 28/11/10)
ps3 + ps3 remote + 2 games from list (including gt5 standard ed) + 1 blu-ray film from list. Total: $388
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=15128060

Best Buy 28/11/10 - 4/12/10
Select eligible Sony TV eg. Sony 46" LED HDTV (KDL-46NX800) $1299.99 + Free 160 PS3 system + Free Gran Turismo 5 + Free Bluray Grown Ups. Total: $1299.99
Alternative TVs:
Sony - BRAVIA / 55" Class / 1080p / 240Hz / 3D LED-LCD HDTV // Model: KDL-55HX800 for $2199.98
Sony - BRAVIA / 46" Class / 1080p / 240Hz / 3D LED-LCD HDTV // Model: KDL-46HX800 $1,699.98
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electro...00050017.c?id=pcmcat227100050017&DCMP=rdr1430

Warning: it is NOT recommended that you purchase the Meijer bundle b/c the wheel is crap.
Meijer.com GT5 bundle: GT5 standard edition & Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel. Bundle total: $79.99
Meijer.com: http://www.meijer.com/s/gran-turismo-5-for-playstation-3/_/R-136942

Stealth cars pack from European Signature Edition
Purchase at your own risk
Ebay.com stealth cars pack $20
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...57362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_5641wt_1141
Audi R10 TDI Stealth (European region exclusive)
Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth
Honda NSX GT500 Stealth
Mazda 787B Stealth (European region exclusive)
McLaren F1 Stealth
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Steath
(Does not include Joey Logano NASCAR)
Directions from the seller: "Hi! we don't know until the Gran Turismo 5 is released. 80 % it will be region free, but in case it is region locked, you can just create a free European account on PlayStation Network, download the cars on you PlayStation 3 and after that used them normally in the game under your Canada/USA account. We had tried before with a different DLC code and it work flawlessly. Thank you for the question."

Where you can still purchase GT5 Collector's Edition (in stock):

Buy.com Collector's Edition w/ free shipping for continental U.S. $$94.99 after $5 off $75 coupon ($99.99 reg. price)
http://www.buy.com/prod/gran-turismo-5-collectors-edition/q/loc/108/216550822.html

Buy.com $5 off $75 coupon: http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=83125283
More buy.com coupons: http://www.dealigg.com/story-Buy-com-Coupons-15-off-200-10-off-175-5-off-50-more-1

Amazon.com $99.99
http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6HEKQ

Kmart.com (NOT sold in stores) $99.99

Sears.com $99.99
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05837562000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

Target through amazon.com or target.com $99.99
http://www.target.com/Gran-Tourismo-Collectors-PlayStation/dp/B003O6HEKQ/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

Bestbuy.com or select b&m locations $99.99

Sonystyle.com $99.99
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666238185

FYE (in-store only) Collector's Ed. w/ 10% off for FYE rewards members. $99.99 or $89.99

Gamestop.com and in-store $99.99

Retailers Out of Stock for Collector's Ed.

Newegg.com $99.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1&cm_re=gran_turismo_5-_-79-261-251-_-Product

Updates
24/11/10: Updated retailers that have CE in stock; Added Meijer.com gt5 + wheel bundle. Thanks liveinky !!!
27/11/10: Added best buy tv/ps3/gt5 bundles and walmart ps3 bundle
01/12/10: Amazon $10 credit w/ purchase of gt5 standard. ed.
03/12/10: Standard ed. @ Walmart for $49.99
09/12/10: Amazon credit dead, but gt5 is now part of b1g1 50% off sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i went to Kmart and im a member with the shopyourway rewards thing and i got no $25 coupon, i was planning on using it on black Friday but even if i got the coupon i couldn't have so whatevs.

Just want to ask and, if not, reconfirm that the codes will not work with a US GT5 disc then?
meaning that, the codes will activate on a EU account but not work when you pop in your US GT5 disc right?

in other news, i missed the UPS truck so i will be getting my GT5 copy on Friday.

FUUUUCCKKKK
YEAAAH

[quote name='halopower67']Yeah i went to Kmart and im a member with the shopyourway rewards thing and i got no $25 coupon, i was planning on using it on black Friday but even if i got the coupon i couldn't have so whatevs.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have used the coupon on BF anyway, because it won't activate until the following Sunday.

[quote name='cRodz']Just want to ask and, if not, reconfirm that the codes will not work with a US GT5 disc then?
meaning that, the codes will activate on a EU account but not work when you pop in your US GT5 disc right?

in other news, i missed the UPS truck so i will be getting my GT5 copy on Friday.

FUUUUCCKKKK
YEAAAH[/QUOTE]

That's right......it will download, but it wont show up inside the game...

Well that sucks.
Going to see if i can get my refund lol i should have known better

going to see if UPS is willing to ship my package this evening since it is still 2pm here.

hopefully...

Finally, got my CE today, had to drive 4 miles in 7 inches of snow, but the drift practice was worth it, and no lines. I'm loading it now, talk to you in a few days..............

[quote name='pun123']Finally, got my CE today, had to drive 4 miles in 7 inches of snow, but the drift practice was worth it, and no lines. I'm loading it now, talk to you in a few days..............[/QUOTE]
Does and when the CE exclusive car pack download voucher expire?

[quote name='pun123']Finally, got my CE today, had to drive 4 miles in 7 inches of snow, but the drift practice was worth it, and no lines. I'm loading it now, talk to you in a few days..............[/QUOTE]
later bro

[quote name='MikeE021286']I just got back from Kmart....

no $25 coupon :(

Nice, I wish they wouldn't have some things as gaming coupons, then use SYWR, then go back to coupons, etc.

Makes it very confusing. I'll probably be waiting for these credits forever, like I have been with the CoD: BO SYWR points that they screwed up. It's annoying that no associates here have any idea what's going on with these coupons/points promos. I asked the guy about a gaming coupon and he said "nope". He had no idea what I may have even been referencing.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from my KMart in Gainesville, FL. There was another guy there looking for GT5 as well. They didn't have it on the floor yet, but the clerk in electronics went into the back to find it for the other guy. When he came out the guy asked him about the coupon. The clerk told him, it should print on the receipt. It didn't print, so he immediately returned the game. At this point, I went out to my car, and logged into CAG on my iPhone (couldn't get a consistent signal in the store) and found this post.

I went back in and told the clerk what needed to be done to get the coupon. He signed me up for the Rewards program and the coupon printed when I made the purchase. So it sounds like this is even more confusing. It's not points that later turn into Rewards. It's a coupon that will only print if you're part of the Rewards program.

Also, does anybody know if the coupon is valid at Sears as well? I was looking for Rock Band 3 and my Kmart does not seem to carry it.

[quote name='andjuan']I just got back from my KMart in Gainesville, FL. There was another guy there looking for GT5 as well. They didn't have it on the floor yet, but the clerk in electronics went into the back to find it for the other guy. When he came out the guy asked him about the coupon. The clerk told him, it should print on the receipt. It didn't print, so he immediately returned the game. At this point, I went out to my car, and logged into CAG on my iPhone (couldn't get a consistent signal in the store) and found this post.

I went back in and told the clerk what needed to be done to get the coupon. He signed me up for the Rewards program and the coupon printed when I made the purchase. So it sounds like this is even more confusing. It's not points that later turn into Rewards. It's a coupon that will only print if you're part of the Rewards program.

Also, does anybody know if the coupon is valid at Sears as well? I was looking for Rock Band 3 and my Kmart does not seem to carry it.[/QUOTE]

lol, Wow!

Thanks for the info. Well I'm gonna go and return my copy as soon as I get off work and then just re-buy it with my rewards card...I'm glad that it's not points though, and is actually a coupon that I will physically have.

I got the regular edition from amazon, got my 10 dollar video game credit but still no voucher code for the Mercedez-Benz car anybody in the same boat???

dont feel like contacting amazon but looks like i might have to

[quote name='bobright']I got the regular edition from amazon, got my 10 dollar video game credit but still no voucher code for the Mercedez-Benz car anybody in the same boat???

dont feel like contacting amazon but looks like i might have to[/QUOTE]

Same here, and the promo was explicitly mention on the page when I ordered a few days ago. That was after it disappeared, and then showed back up again.

I made a PDF of the page right before I ordered so the timestamps match. So if they give me trouble about it I have some proof, but it's not looking good.

[quote name='bobright']I got the regular edition from amazon, got my 10 dollar video game credit but still no voucher code for the Mercedez-Benz car anybody in the same boat???

dont feel like contacting amazon but looks like i might have to[/QUOTE]

In the same boat here. Will give Amazon a day or two before hassling their CS.

[quote name='notwen']In the same boat here. Will give Amazon a day or two before hassling their CS.[/QUOTE]

I thought it takes them up to 2 days once the game ships to get the codes out. I am gonna wait until monday before bothering with an email. I can't imagine they can run out of codes...

BOO! Just got my CE from BB instore pick up. Opened it up and the fucking books is damaged, outer box is perfect, but some how at the plant where it was packaged it is as if they struggled to get the book into its place pushed it in and the cardboard tore up the bottom of the back cover and a couple of other pages.

The car is also awkwardly inserted, when removing it from its slot, again two edges of cardboard meet and if not carefully removed will cause damage. For $100 plus tax I'd expect more care.

*pictures will follow
*pictures added
bottom of inside cover of box where damage to book occurred.
inside of back cover
back of book that was aggressively inserted into the box

I'd love for this to reach Sony for a replacement but I won't hold my breath.

[quote name='NegativeZero']BOO! Just got my CE from BB instore pick up. Opened it up and the fucking books is damaged, outer box is perfect, but some how at the plant where it was packaged it is as if they struggled to get the book into its place pushed it in and the cardboard tore up the bottom of the back cover and a couple of other pages.

The car is also awkwardly inserted, when removing it from its slot, again two edges of cardboard meet and if not carefully removed will cause damage. For $100 plus tax I'd expect more care.

*pictures will follow
*pictures added
bottom of inside cover of box where damage to book occurred.
inside of back cover
back of book that was aggressively inserted into the box

I'd love for this to reach Sony for a replacement but I won't hold my breath.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks. Hopefully this is not the case for all.

My Walmart and Buy CE's shipped. I have to stop at GS and do a buy and return for the dlc.
Anyone know how the Walmart dlc code works? They ship it or email you the code?

for anyone that cares, I was wondering where my merc code was at, so I got on live chat and I told him if the code came with the box and said let me check.
Then he said sorry for not sending it to you and gave me a code. Just giving you a heads up for anyone that wants it.

[quote name='Rosterking']for anyone that cares, I was wondering where my merc code was at, so I got on live chat and I told him if the code came with the box and said let me check.
Then he said sorry for not sending it to you and gave me a code. Just giving you a heads up for anyone that wants it.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'm trying right now to start a chat with them while my update downloads, which just started woo.

[quote name='Rosterking']for anyone that cares, I was wondering where my merc code was at, so I got on live chat and I told him if the code came with the box and said let me check.
Then he said sorry for not sending it to you and gave me a code. Just giving you a heads up for anyone that wants it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, was able to get a code as well thru chat.. I have a feeling I'll get another one thru e-mail within a few days..

[quote name='jr1016']Thanks, was able to get a code as well thru chat.. I have a feeling I'll get another one thru e-mail within a few days..[/QUOTE]

for amazon?

I just got my Splatterhouse code, where the hell is my GT5 Stealth SLS?

Check the user reviews for GT5 on Metacritic. A lot of jealous MS fanboys are giving it 0's and the rest are 10's from actual people that have played it.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/gran-turismo-5/user-reviews

Here are some examples-
BadGenome Nov 24, 2010 0 This game is crap, which is par for the course when it comes to PS3 exclusives. I hate everything about it! All you do is drive stupid cars! In Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360 exclusive!) you can drive cars but also go on adventures and kill hookers! I wish I could give this -100000 points. Forza is way better!

GodOfWar_3ever Nov 24, 2010 0 Sooooo **** horrible is this game...with this don't bother . Are there no airplanes or boats in this game. Driving cars no fun at all...but better is Forza 3 the cars in that are more great in very much ways like my grammar. PS3 retarded suckers. Sony retarded suckers. Microsoft is best. Go Forza ! I no have words to GT5 describe patheticness. Why this game you play when you can have masturbate instead ? Also this game from Japan like Sony who is also Japan. Japan games very bad are such as Metal Gear and Shadow of the Colossus. No surprise that GT5 is pathetic also. Uncharted 2 also very suck. God of War big suck. Only xbox 360 best. All xbox game better than ps3 game combined. Halo is best. Killzone suck. GT5 is very bad. I played for 40 hours gameplay and 20 hours online game. GT5 very horrible and only sell 300 copy

Ordered my CE from buy.com and it arrived today. Actual GT5 box is pristine but the diecast car that came had multiple broken pieces. The dash was loose inside of the display case, along with the rearview mirror, also the car wasnt even connected properly, the diecast top to the bottom of the frame of the car. Everything else included was perfect besides this... should I complain to buy.com or what?

[quote name='Luketaru']Ordered my CE from buy.com and it arrived today. Actual GT5 box is pristine but the diecast car that came had multiple broken pieces. The dash was loose inside of the display case, along with the rearview mirror, also the car wasnt even connected properly, the diecast top to the bottom of the frame of the car. Everything else included was perfect besides this... should I complain to buy.com or what?[/QUOTE]

I would complain- Hope my 3 turn out ok-

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm torn between Holland SteelBook and EU Signature Edition, decision... decision![/QUOTE]

I'd love to hear the story behind your signature picture.

FU best buy called and before I came to verify is my preorder GT5 in stock and they said yes.

I drove through traffic after a disappointing clear bra install that left my hood with swirls that I spent 3 days detailing the entire car and now have to fix their Fups.

I arrive and pickup the expendables blu ray on the shelf and walk to the ps3 aisle and see only the SD ver is out of sale. NO big deal I got my preorder CE ed on hold.

I go to the customer service line and the lady grabs a copy from the counter right behind her and starts to ring it up. I said wait that's the SD ed I preorder the CE. She looks puzzled and then mumbles something we are sold out of that. Then her face changes to where she is about to shat herself. Yep how can you sell out a preorder item on opening day?

She quickly leaves the counter to track down some other BB member and I don't like where this is going. She comes back and states that the store didn't get in any CE shipments in. She begins to babble some other excuses/back peddling from her previous statement about selling out. Only thing she offered was I applied my preorder towards the SD ed. or I could check back on next Tuesday.

Then I question another BB member who was working in the gaming section he mentioned that the CE shipment was the one that got robbed in Montreal according to corporate. I smell rat.

Okay why did I preorder a game when it's not available on opening day/week?

Thanks BB for ruining my thanksgiving holiday and stuffing me with a big FU.

Can somebody explain to me what is this Holland SteelBook edition? How much is it? Thanks in advance. PS the fanboy comments/reviews posted above are disturbing...

I ordered the standard version from Amazon with release day shipping and it didn't arrive today. Amazon fail. I guess I'll have to wait until Friday before they deliver it now.

I got a regular and CE edition order from amazon with release date delivery on 2 separate orders. They both arrived this morning.

They should've sent you an email regarding it being shipped with tracking number (mine were UPS next day saver). Have you check? I would definitely call Amazon and let them know about it.

After reading the damaged book in the CE, I'm dropping the balls on the CE (I was going to get both, but now I'm just going to stick with the standard edition).

Those worrying about the Amazon code, I just got it in my e-mail this morning. FYI, this was from a preorder for the standard version that I placed back in Oct. 2009.

didn't get my gt5 from amazon yesterday as they promised so i ended buying a copy from a local sears (couldn't wait). i got my sleath slr code e-mailed to me w/ promo credit this morning. The game is awesome so far very realistic great graphics lots too do.

can't see this game being lower than a 9.5 unless people don't realize its a sim and come into it thinking they make a turn at 180mph with no braking. you gotta appreciate how realistic the cars react and get the enjoyment of knowing its almost as driving the actual car. different type of enjoyment than arcade racers like BLUR because i like that game because i get this insane feeling of speed and crazy crap happening all around knowing the cars don't really handle nothing like this in real life.

You get a different kind of enjoyment from a sim than an arcade racer.

Pre-ordering the CE from bestbuy.com w/ free shipping to home went fine.
The CE shipped on Nov. 24 and should arrive here in a couple of days.
I received my redemption code for the nissan gt-r by email. Thanks bestbuy.com !!!

I got my amazon car bonus code email late yesterday, same code as I got through the amazon help chat. It's cool they were able to give it to me early and it's the same code so people aren't out trying to ebay multiples.

[quote name='waiwaiet']It is weird, but on walmart.com they are still offering NSX for CE....is that true?[/QUOTE]

I just ordered the Regular edition from Walmart w/ the NSX preorder, but do not know if/how I'll get a code.

On a side note, I was able to return my Best Buy preorder yesterday without having to buy the game (kept the preorder box and DLC code), and picked up my preorder at Gamestop with the DLC code printed on the receipt (I plan to return that $65.xx copy next week). I had the Amazon preorder as well (from September 2009) and just received the code in my e-mail today. So I have 4 of 5 US pre-order cars (as GS gives two cars), hoping to get the Walmart one even though I was late to order it.

[quote name='iwannadie']I got my amazon car bonus code email late yesterday, same code as I got through the amazon help chat. It's cool they were able to give it to me early and it's the same code so people aren't out trying to ebay multiples.[/QUOTE]
Yup, same thing happen with me when I got the e-mail it was the same code they gave me yesterday through chat.

Are all the DLC codes unique? i requested to chat with amazon for my code but then the connection failed on their server.. so they sent me a email saying sorry for the inconvenience and sent me a code in that email.. then a little later i got the official amazon preorder email with the code. Same code though.

I wouldnt mind trying a gamestop code if someone already used one, ill give em my used code and see if it sitll works?

If anyone wants to give me their gamestop code Ill give you my amazon code and we could try it.

oh shit it worked! my friend has the gamestop ce and i created a user account and logged into his psn, went to the downloads and downloaded the additional cars, then went back to my user account and the game added the cars!! wooooo

So yeah find someone willing to do it.
2vuwmit.jpg

The sls amg at the bottom is my original amazon car, those above are all gamestop cars.

[quote name='ginyu']FU best buy called and before I came to verify is my preorder GT5 in stock and they said yes.

I drove through traffic after a disappointing clear bra install that left my hood with swirls that I spent 3 days detailing the entire car and now have to fix their Fups.

I arrive and pickup the expendables blu ray on the shelf and walk to the ps3 aisle and see only the SD ver is out of sale. NO big deal I got my preorder CE ed on hold.

I go to the customer service line and the lady grabs a copy from the counter right behind her and starts to ring it up. I said wait that's the SD ed I preorder the CE. She looks puzzled and then mumbles something we are sold out of that. Then her face changes to where she is about to shat herself. Yep how can you sell out a preorder item on opening day?

She quickly leaves the counter to track down some other BB member and I don't like where this is going. She comes back and states that the store didn't get in any CE shipments in. She begins to babble some other excuses/back peddling from her previous statement about selling out. Only thing she offered was I applied my preorder towards the SD ed. or I could check back on next Tuesday.

Then I question another BB member who was working in the gaming section he mentioned that the CE shipment was the one that got robbed in Montreal according to corporate. I smell rat.

Okay why did I preorder a game when it's not available on opening day/week?

Thanks BB for ruining my thanksgiving holiday and stuffing me with a big FU.[/QUOTE]
Wow, exact same thing happened to me... Was expecting to pick it up yesterday from Best Buy then someone from the store calls and is like "We got a small shipment and don't have any in any more. We still have the regular one though, you can cancel if you want." I was so pissed :bomb: I just decided to cancel and order from Amazon since they magically restocked on the CEs and that's where I originally wanted to order from to apply my $20 credit from Black Ops but I was too late to preorder. Funny thing is they still sent me the GT-R code a bit later even though I cancelled XD

gt5 pre order car codes are the same?

someone pm who has used their amazon stealth sls code & ill pm u my code (i already used it so no risk for me) and see if its the same.

I tried my friends code and it did not work, you have to use their psn log in and download the cars, then go back to your account and gt5 will add them.

vic_x51 which version did you get? i have the amazon one .

bread's done
Back