Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition $59.99 at BB

no dice in Glen Burnie, MD. AC:B still rings up at full price, too. I'm keeping a close eye on that one, though.

Checked my local store but it wasn't in stock. They checked the computer and it also said that it was in stock but the guy couldn't find any. He even checked the back.

So either it's an error, somebody hoarded them all, or BB is hoarding them.

[quote name='jennytellia']here is a link for the GT5 collectors inventory checker just need the zip or city/state

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olste...searchmode

None in Nashville TN. I can drive to KY to get it but I would rather just pick it up from Gamestop( I think they have one in stock). These things sell on ebay for $160(with 12 bids) so they are harder to find and rare.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the link, you just saved me the hassle of driving to any BB near my house or work

YMMV with the stock link. It shows all stores in stock in my area but when I had them check their stock on their in-store system none of them had them and I was told they had been sold out since launch day.

[quote name='captainsmirk']thanks for the link, you just saved me the hassle of driving to any BB near my house or work[/QUOTE]
The stock locator is not always accurate and if they have 3 items or less available it will show up as "unavailable".

As much as it sucks you're better off going to the store.

Didn't see any at the Broadway location in Tucson, but I did pick up an AC: Brotherhood CE.

Thanks for the headsup!

[quote name='jennytellia']here is a link for the GT5 collectors inventory checker just need the zip or city/state

None in Nashville TN. I can drive to KY to get it but I would rather just pick it up from Gamestop( I think they have one in stock). These things sell on ebay for $160(with 12 bids) so they are harder to find and rare.[/QUOTE]

They must of updated their counts overnight. I checked my zip yesterday (37211) around 7pm and every store had them available.

[quote name='jimijumper']nothing within at least 250 miles of me...oh well[/QUOTE]

Figures, I just moved away from MA a couple months ago. Always sucked finding things on slickdeals, and never ever being able to find them in store :/

Thanks for the link but you might wanna check the bidders on that auction you mentioned. Zero bidder is the high one and another bidder with 11 feedback are going back and forth on bidding. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a no payment sale.

I snagged 1 and used the 10% off coupon to get it for $53.99+tax. They had 2 left at my store that were in great condition. The sticker on the shelf had them at $99.99 still.

[quote name='hlb96']I snagged 1 and used the 10% off coupon to get it for $53.99+tax. They had 2 left at my store that were in great condition. The sticker on the shelf had them at $99.99 still.[/QUOTE]

what 10% coupon? where?

[quote name='narec']what 10% coupon? where?[/QUOTE]

Rewards Zone coupon. The BBRZ thread is somewhere on the first few pages here.

Glad to know the coupon does work on clearance items, too bad there are none available for me in a 100 miles radius.

Yeah, I searched the tracker for the 20 closest stores and all showed unavailable. Then I put in a zip code like 50 miles out and searched the 20 or so closest to that, and all out. Looks like most if not all of the state of IL is out. Sucks cause I held off on this game cause of my backlog, knowing I want it badly all the same, hoping a deal would hit, and there's nothing I can do to get this. I guess I'll sit back and wait for a deal at some point on the regular version.

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']anyway in hell to price match at target? since my target still seems to have a few left[/QUOTE]

same here....i saw one in my target but i'm hoping amazon matches....odds are much better of that happening.

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']anyway in hell to price match at target? since my target still seems to have a few left[/QUOTE]
Nope, they only match advertised deals and will try to find any way possible to avoid a PM.

[quote name='JoNJoN']Thanks for the link but you might wanna check the bidders on that auction you mentioned. Zero bidder is the high one and another bidder with 11 feedback are going back and forth on bidding. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a no payment sale.[/QUOTE]

Figures. Still though, I have been looking for one of these for a while and they have been higher for a new copy on Ebay. Amazon was also out last time I checked (other sellers have it though 134.99 was the lowest). I just bought a Ps3 for this and a few other exclusives and as an American I demand the fanciest version of a material possession! I have my Forza 3 (CE of course) to keep me warm right now though. Any way that's my sob story.

The End.

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']I doubt amazon will price match since it is so hard to find....[/QUOTE]

I doubt Amazon will PM since... they're OoS.;)

Would love to find one at this price. I'm a big GT fan, but due to financial hardships I wasn't able to pick up the $100 CE at launch.

If I could find it at this price, I could burn some BB giftcards! I hope to find one. Good luck all.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Would love to find one at this price. I'm a big GT fan, but due to financial hardships I wasn't able to pick up the $100 CE at launch.

If I could find it at this price, I could burn some BB giftcards! I hope to find one. Good luck all.[/QUOTE]

I'm detecting some irony between your sig banner and your message.

lol seeifIcare

yeah as usual BB's website is um inaccurate? None to be found at my local store..that product/store locator isn't to be trusted..and the usual do not call applies.

for those who found one..did you have them search the back or was it in the ps3 section or in that lock box at the front?

[quote name='Japakneez']If you guys have the SKU number you can ask your store to do a search[/QUOTE]

SKU is on the first page. I found mine on the sales floor.

[quote name='sgaldis']I don't know if it's been confirmed that the AC:B LE has systemwide or not...?[/QUOTE]
Not at my store. It's still $99 (scanned), while CoD:BO Prestige scanned at $80.

[quote name='koberulz909']when you search the sku, does it show up at all? at my bestbuy in store the game didn't even come up[/QUOTE]

i didn't bring the sku but when the guy searched in store, all that came up was the normal GT5..prologue, strategy guide

I bought my GT before Christmas, so I got the price match adjusted today and checked the Assassins Creed at my store and it still rings up as 100. Thanks for the heads up on this though, OP!

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I bought my GT before Christmas, so I got the price match adjusted today and checked the Assassins Creed at my store and it still rings up as 100. Thanks for the heads up on this though, OP![/QUOTE]

LOL doesn't help me or others who couldn't find this, but to the people who actually bought this shortly after launch, this is a good point. Absolutely crazy that you could price adjust something like this at the store you bought it from to nearly half the price it came out for within about a month of release. That's insane.

was @ the Broadway location in Tucson again today, didn't see any GT5, but even more AC Brotherhoods out, and I got the last copy of Black Ops Prestige.

I have wanted GT5 for a while, but could never justify this price for the regular version :/ Hope I find it soon.

[quote name='mrosnwo']LOL doesn't help me or others who couldn't find this, but to the people who actually bought this shortly after launch, this is a good point. Absolutely crazy that you could price adjust something like this at the store you bought it from to nearly half the price it came out for within about a month of release. That's insane.[/QUOTE]
Haha, I didn't mean to brag or anything (if that's what it sounded like). I just thought I'd point it out if anyone was in the same boat as me - buying an overpriced collector's at launch lol (thankfully I still had the receipt too...). I have to say though, I would have been pretty damn depressed if I bought this less than a month ago not knowing about the $40 drop.

Check this out....I go to the one on 23rd in NYC they have no GT5 CE but its cool. Then I see a New Vegas CE guide clearly labeled 17.49 50% off. I take it to the register and the girl tells me its $38. I'm like no sweetie its 17.49 check urself. She goes n comes back n says it rings up 38. I'm not trying to hear it so she goes back n gets a guy worker. They leave for awhile n come back w the same story. I go back to check where I found the book and the price tags are gone!!!! I go right to her n ask to speak to a manager! She senses that I was the wrong guy to fuck with and 30 secs later I get the guide for 14.14!!! What a retarded bitch!!I was willing to pay the correct price of 17.49 n she pulls the price sticker off!!I got the last laugh though and highly recommend NOBODY gives these jerks business at this location!

The 23rd street store is the worst managed store I have ever been too. They will not price match anything unless the other store is within 4 blocks of the store. When you do speak with a manager he will just keep making excuses and has no desire to maintain customer satisfaction. I was unable to get them to price match their own website. So it does not surpise me in the slightest that they would try to pull one over on you.

I am actually a fan of Best Buy. The stores in the Atlanta area are always very helpful and go out of their way to help me find good deals and are usually very willing to price match anything I bring in. So i was shocked when i had so much trouble with this store once I moved.

bread's done
Back