Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition $59.99 at BB

Found a copy of GT5 still labeled as 99.99 but rang up 59.99. Now the debate begins to keep it or sell it to a friend. The community on here seems to have races on a weekly basis.

Thanks OP :)

If no one can find them at best buy. The Sony store in NYC has plenty but for retail. Just a heads up, i know it isn't a deal.

had tons of brotherhood, but no GT5 collector's even though it said in-stock online. now if you search it you can't find it on the website? They even checked the "common room" for me.

Weird. All the ones in LA are showing up as in stock. Gonna go tomorrow and see. Hopefully they have at least 1
Nevermind. Now it's saying there's none.

No luck around H-Town, though I did find one store in our inventory that said they had 2, but the store couldn't find it. Lame.

Maybe Fry's will price match it.

For anyone in the North Haven, CT area....I was at the Enfield, CT BB looking for this...they were oos...had the guy look up to see where the closest in stock store was and the inventory locator said that there are 2 copies at the North Haven, CT store...that's about a 90 minute drive for me too far to take a chance of it not being in stock...

this was around Noon on Saturday....

EDIT:
also, I forgot to mention the Orange, CT sore also showed as having 2 in stock....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VyseArcad1a']No luck around H-Town, though I did find one store in our inventory that said they had 2, but the store couldn't find it. Lame.

Maybe Fry's will price match it.[/QUOTE]

Longview? Yeah, that's my fault. I had them look two-three days ago for a store xfer and the employee doing it got put on hold... told they couldnt find one... then put on hold again... then they said a customer bought both just a few minutes ago. Im assuming an employee got them. I was really hoping to get one, lol. >.<

I doubt Fry's will price match it, since there's no ad and no way to prove it was 59.99 since it has been deleted from system.

If anyone is looking to get rid of their Apex book I am looking to buy. You can CML for a trade, Id be willing to pay about $12 shipped via media mail.

Just PM me if youre interested.

I checked this afternoon. The sku search is unreliable. I had customer service check locations and apparently, there's still a store in Maine with 7 copies.

edit/update: The sku search on the first page is unreliable. The CSR needs to do a sku search on their terminal to see what's in the region. Store to store shipping is a no-go for now, so you might want to try in a couple weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I happened to be in Best Buy today and decided to check for this after striking out last week. I got lucky and saw they were back in stock so I picked one up. This was at Millennia Mall in Orlando, FL.

[quote name='vivman1107']I happened to be in Best Buy today and decided to check for this after striking out last week. I got lucky and saw they were back in stock so I picked one up. This was at Millennia Mall in Orlando, FL.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about a possible restock of this. If there were any to be had in a distribution center/warehouse, I'm sure the recent spike in sales of basically every copy left last week would've forced these out the door in a hurry. If anything, the highest volume stores or stores that moved the most copies of these would be the lucky ones to receive any lingering copies(in theory, unless stores are allowed to order them individually on their own, then it's the smart ones that will get lucky).

[quote name='vivman1107']I happened to be in Best Buy today and decided to check for this after striking out last week. I got lucky and saw they were back in stock so I picked one up. This was at Millennia Mall in Orlando, FL.[/QUOTE]

You got to be kidding me. I was just in there Friday night and they were bone dry. How many were left do you remember?

Checked out every store in the area, saw 30+ Assassins Creed LE's, but not a single Gran Turismo =/. Atleast i managed to trade in some games there to pre-order a last minute LBP2 Collectors Edition ^_^

[quote name='JoNJoN']You got to be kidding me. I was just in there Friday night and they were bone dry. How many were left do you remember?[/QUOTE]

There were maybe 3 or 4 left. Good luck.

[quote name='dyeknom']I doubt Fry's will price match it, since there's no ad and no way to prove it was 59.99 since it has been deleted from system.[/QUOTE]

Since that store still shows up as having one in their system and I know the SKU, I bet I can get them to call and price match it. If not, oh well, i tried. I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Not quite as good as this deal, but for those like me who didn't luck out at BB you should know that gamestop dropped it to $80[/QUOTE]

yes... but like BB... finding one is the hard part.

[quote name='SakBee']Man... I dunno if this is still worth it for $60. With my current backlog, Gran Turismo 10 will be out by then... and IF I buy it, should I actually keep it sealed?[/QUOTE]
Of course, if you're not going to play it.
However, I don't really recommend buying it, if you don't plan on playing.
Don't think it'll rise that much in value.

I went back to the Atascocita store that said had 2 (well, now 1) in stock to try to find it and had 2 employees try to find it, but to no avail. I was walking my way out... when I found it on a bottom shelf near the front of the store with a $99.99 price tag on it.

Got it for $53.99 + tax since I traded in a few games toward it and got the 10% off coupon. Guess it was meant to be. :D

I lucked out last week, got it with buy 2 get 1 free with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE and Castlevania LE for $120 or $40 a piece. There is 1 left in Council Bluffs, IA.

[quote name='eau']Try this:

*snip link* since I'm new and can't quote a link?[/QUOTE]

Worked for me (front page link didn't). Except.... unavailable everywhere near me.

bread's done
Back