Grand Theft Auto (GTA) IV Special Edition

Nice,

I placed my preorder long ago. Hopefully they shouldn't give me smack since I orderd it waaay in advance.

I'm suprised people who are ordering after are even getting to pricematch at all. That's kind of shady if you ask me.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Woulda been nice if they would have included something like the original GTA and GTA II with the SE, that would be slightly enticing (especially since you can download them for free on the Rockstar website).[/quote]

Not valuable!

[quote name='PyroGamer']So stupid. Hopefully I'll be able to buy this for $20 a couple months after release, like with Halo 3 Legendary.[/quote]I doubt it'll be that cheap, but considering I picked up Halo 3 LE for $60 just by waiting a few months, I'm leery of plunking down the extra $30.

OTOH, I had no interest in getting Halo 3 until it got good and cheap (I hate the Halo series and can't believe so many chumps love it) but jumped on the $60 LE since my cat needed a helmet and it would allow me to laugh like Nelson at the suckers who paid $130 in fear of never getting it. (Today, they're stacked up everywhere with discount stickers on them.) I am looking to get GTA1V, so it's decision time.

still thinking if i should just preorder or just go get in the stores release date. not even sure if i want on ps3 or 360

I've got a $25 gc to Best Buy that I'm planning on using for this, but I'm still on the fence to preorder or just pick up in the store. The stupid poster that they're offering isn't tempting at all. I was hoping for something cooler than that.

What's everyone's suggestion.... wait and pick up in store with the gift card or just order it online and have it delivered? I never know how long the game will take to get to me.

Hmmm, thinking about this. Anyone have any word on how limited it will or will not be? I got burned with halo legendary ($99 still hurts)...

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']I've got a $25 gc to Best Buy that I'm planning on using for this, but I'm still on the fence to preorder or just pick up in the store. The stupid poster that they're offering isn't tempting at all. I was hoping for something cooler than that.

What's everyone's suggestion.... wait and pick up in store with the gift card or just order it online and have it delivered? I never know how long the game will take to get to me.[/quote]

Best Buy does NOT have any Pre-order Bonuses, I don't think

I'm still on the fence about the special edition. At first I was planning to buy the 360 version because of the episodic DLC for it. Now I've dealt with a broken 360 and DRM issues with the replacement unit, on top of the fact that 8 of my co-workers now have PS3s and want to play the 15 different multiplayer online matches. Decisions, Decisions...

I've had mine pre-ordered on Amazon since back in November and thanks to their pricing snafu in early January where they changed the Special Edition price down to the Regular Edition price, I'm now getting the Special Edition for $59.99. :)

Thank goodness for the Amazon pricing guarantee!

bread's done
Back