Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony - Gen. Discussion & Info (Fall/1600 Pts)

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well we all knew it was coming and more info is coming in now. Title has been confirmed form IGN.com.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/986/986532p1.html

Official Description:

G[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]rand Theft Auto IV's second downloadable episode, The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price. [/FONT]

Old speculation:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/...-dlc-details-andquotsoonandquot-rockstar.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']Are we sure that's the name?[/QUOTE]

Nah, nothing officially has been announced yet so the name isn't final.

Yep. So much for those rumors from that 'Gamefork' twitter user. Well, as much as I'd like to see Packie again...think we'll see Brucie this time around?!

It's definitely going into a realm most gamers are going to question if they want to go to it or not.

Rockstar isn't getting better, they've always been great.

Awesome! I can't wait.

Gonna be hard to top L&D in my mind though, I loved cruising with the moto gang...I don't even want to think what your posse will be this time!:cold:

Looking forward to some more electro-choc though.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Waitwaitwait, what happened to it being called Blood and Clovers or something like that? Now it's about a gay guy?[/QUOTE]

Yea what's the opposite to a macho biker gang lol.:lol:

Sounds cool. I might actually get the disc instead of the DLC. Wonder if the Disc will have a full 1000 achievements or not. I hope we get a trailer at E3.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Sounds cool. I might actually get the disc instead of the DLC. Wonder if the Disc will have a full 1000 achievements or not. I hope we get a trailer at E3.[/QUOTE]

i doubt the 1000... it's genna be like the shiviring isles expansion for Oblivion where it's 250 per DLC.

I dont know why anyone would have believed that bit about Pakie's family. Rockstar all but confirmed on GameTrailers awhile back that there was significance to the "Impossible Trinity" achievement during the 'Museum Piece' mission in Niko's story. After showing TLaD had you play out a 2nd perspective of that meeting, it was pretty much a given that the next DLC would be from the 3rd perspective, enter Luis.

In any case, I'll be buying. TLaD was just the right amount of GTA for me. The mainline GTA's tend to have too much 'filler'. I thought Niko's story started to drag after 3 Leaf Clover and similarly, I thought Vice City lost steam after taking over the mansion.

Kinda cool that they are putting out a disc. If I hadnt already played TLaD, I'd have gone the disc route just for the sell-back aspect.

Grr. I was holding out on buying GTA:IV until they released the DLC + Original game on same disc. Looks like i'll be waiting a lot longer now since these two won't be paired on the original game.

I'm surprised Microsoft is letting them use the word Gay in the name since they were forcing people with the word gay in their gamertag to change it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i doubt the 1000... it's genna be like the shiviring isles expansion for Oblivion where it's 250 per DLC.[/QUOTE]
It might be 1000, I believe the Shivering Isles disk just installed the DLC onto the hard drive, this is a standalone game.

I fucking love this title and Rockstar for naming it that. Its not as much funny as it is a mixture between funny and awesome.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Awesome! I can't wait.

Gonna be hard to top L&D in my mind though, I loved cruising with the moto gang...I don't even want to think what your posse will be this time!:cold:
.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what Rockstar are going to do to push the envelope of censorship in this one. They showed a penis in TLAD. What are they going to show here? And will there be "dating" of a different kind?

Sweet, now I don't have to find another copy of GTA IV to play LatD. I will just buy this on disk which makes me wonder will you be able to access original GTA IV content if you have saved data from it on your system?

i'll be paying another 20 bucks for this and be playing it on day 1. i really liked L&D and how the story happens parallel to the event in GTA4, wonder what the timeline will be for homosexual tony.

This game sounds pretty gay. :cool:

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm surprised Microsoft is letting them use the word Gay in the name since they were forcing people with the word gay in their gamertag to change it.[/QUOTE]

Gamertags with the word "gay" in them don't make tens of millions of dollars for Microsoft.

[quote name='hufferstl']The rockstar hype wagon should be taking off any day now...[/QUOTE]

what makes you think that? I would love to see a trailer.

I haven't bought the DLC lost and damned yet, but does anyone know if they are having any deal of the weeks soon for this?

Also artwork of Gracie Ancelotti (wallpaper version at official website.)

bb_480x360.jpg

That is a great trailer. I hope they eventually release an affordable combo-pack with all the episodes instead of getting nickel & dime'd, considering I still haven't finished the full-game.

[quote name='seen']That is a great trailer. I hope they eventually release an affordable combo-pack with all the episodes instead of getting nickel & dime'd, considering I still haven't finished the full-game.[/QUOTE]

They are releasing TLAD and TBOGT on one disc for 40 bucks. Not a better deal than that. Im going to try to get the disc version even though i already bought TLAD as DLC.

[quote name='seen']$40 bucks???? Are the two combined longer than the gameplay/story of GTA 4? Expensive, sheesh.[/QUOTE]

They're $20 each on XBLA, so it's the same price for the disc version, and you're saved the hassle of having to download them (and furthermore, the disc version doesn't even require you to own the original GTA4; it's 100% standalone).

Picked up TLAD when it was $15 last week and have yet to play it (though watching Sons of Anarchy made me wish I had more time). This looks cool as well; wonder if they're changing the physics model to take out those structures of it it's just a cutscene / layout swap.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im using this wallpaper as my PC and Xbox 360 background. I dont know who she is but she makes my bottle pop! :D

desktop3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

you'll find out later in the story thats really a man

bread's done
Back