Grand Theft Auto V - 11/14 New trailer released! We're bouncin' now!

I'm considering going for 100% now opposed to my usual tradition of waiting a few months later and doing it then since it appears it's easy to 100% going off the requirements. Not looking forward to the Knife Flights though as I'm terrible with that particular plane. The letters and alien ship parts will be time consuming but not hard. If nothing else I'll at least start up a new save and knock out some requirements.

I hope online is a combination of RDR and Max Payne 3.

I enjoyed the Gang Wars and TDM of MP3, and if you know me, you'll know I can't stand TDM much at all.

So, I have started playing GTA V finally. I haven't had a ton of time to play but I have a question. At times, I'll get done with a mission and then be completely unsure what to do next. I see side quest stuff on the map, I switch to Michael and all I see is side quest stuff. Then back to Franklin, same deal. How do I make it proceed to the next mission in the story? I get a bit confused at times. Like, at one point you have to go home as Michael for a quest to begin. How am I suppose to know that? I may be missing something obvious so I am prepared to be embarrassed lol.

each character has a color...

michael is blue

franklin is green

trevor is yellow

when you look on the minimap.. any  Big letter is usually a story mission... and go off the color to pick the character...

also be sure to go to settings and change your weapon reticule to  Complex... the default weapon reticule is a tiny white dot..

I'm sorry for mis-interpreting for what you said, but there's really no reason to get so hostile/dickish.

I feel like all the mini-games are great (with an exception to yoga). They add to the immersion to the game, and actually are truly fun, and some could even be games in their own right (tennis even was, with Rockstar table tennis.) Even if you don't like them, nobody's forcing you to play them, there's plenty of other shit to do. Are you really gonna find fault with that in GTA V? With this and your earlier complaints about online, it looks like you're really trying your hardest to not like the game.

Also, it seems you rate games by how much "pure fun" they seem to you. If you can't explain why you find a certain game more "pure fun" than another or the elements that make something more "pure fun" than something else, then there's not much discussion to be had.
I rate games based off of how they play, story, music and graphics. GTA plays really well and it is a really good game, but the story isn't really that compelling and the music is not great. Things like the heists are fun but honestly they all break down into big shooting galleries. I never found fault with how much stuff is in GTA. I just don't believe adding in random stuff makes it the best game ever. Sleeping Dogs was more fun because of the fighting engine, the ability to jump from cars and bikes, and chasing after people. Red Dead Redemption was a better game because of the music and story and frankly the gameplay was more fun. I loved the stories/music/gameplay in Bioshock 1-infinity.

GTA reminds me of a really fleshed out flash game. It has a lot of stuff that's fun to do, but that doesn't mean it's a great game in my mind. There's nothing wrong with that. I wasn't even the one getting hostile. I stated my opinion of the game and I had 3 people call me names and/or say I was wrong. Last time I checked an opinion is not fact. I've never said GTA was a bad game at any point. All I said was it's not one of my favorite games ever and I pointed out some things I didn't like. If you find GTA games to be among your favorites games I have no issues with that. I just don't see this being a game I'll look back on and go "I need to play that again".

Last edited by a moderator:
I rate games based off of how they play, story, music and graphics. GTA plays really well and it is a really good game, but the story isn't really that compelling and the music is not great. Things like the heists are fun but honestly they all break down into big shooting galleries. I never found fault with how much stuff is in GTA. I just don't believe adding in random stuff makes it the best game ever. Sleeping Dogs was more fun because of the fighting engine, the ability to jump from cars and bikes, and chasing after people. Red Dead Redemption was a better game because of the music and story and frankly the gameplay was more fun. I loved the stories/music/gameplay in Bioshock 1-infinity.

GTA reminds me of a really fleshed out flash game. It has a lot of stuff that's fun to do, but that doesn't mean it's a great game in my mind. There's nothing wrong with that. I wasn't even the one getting hostile. I stated my opinion of the game and I had 3 people call me names and/or say I was wrong. Last time I checked an opinion is not fact. I've never said GTA was a bad game at any point. All I said was it's not one of my favorite games ever and I pointed out some things I didn't like. If you find GTA games to be among your favorites games I have no issues with that. I just don't see this being a game I'll look back on and go "I need to play that again".
Well alright then, you don't like the game, most people do. There's not really any reason to continue to clogging up this thread about this anymore, the rest of us can continue to enjoy the game.

I'm considering going for 100% now opposed to my usual tradition of waiting a few months later and doing it then since it appears it's easy to 100% going off the requirements. Not looking forward to the Knife Flights though as I'm terrible with that particular plane. The letters and alien ship parts will be time consuming but not hard. If nothing else I'll at least start up a new save and knock out some requirements.
You're probably gonna re-consider after the triathlons. That last one takes like half an hour and it'll probably give you carpal tunnel.

I did all the triathlons last night. The last one wasnt too bad. During the bike ride guys always speed up way past you but i think thats the way its designed. When i was starting to the third stage, running, i was pretty far ahead and even then near the goal a couple guys were catching up but they never passed me. It always says to watch your stamina, but mine never went down at all through out the 27 minutes it took. Probably only applies for those who dont have their character full stamina.

oh geez just read in oct game informer that online play has voice recognition when yo uare doing a robbery you talk into your mic to make the person giving you the money to go fast  :bow:

just boggles my mind how yo ucan't enjoy the story in this game i think its AMAZING. you have a young kid not really going in any direction and no father figure in his life and then you got a older guy that thinks he is done with his career and never really had a true son then he finds one in unexpected way. Why would you judge a game on the soundtrack i will admit the soundtrack don't have well knowing songs but i love alot of the not well knowing songs on this game.

I'm almost done with the game. It is an awesome game through and through. It's a technical achievement and all, but it's just a great game. Not much else. I don't even feel like this is a top 5 game for me. I've never been a huge GTA fan though so that could be part of it. Trevor has been hilarious. Love Franklin and Michael was good too, but there is just something missing. Plenty of games even this year that have been better overall in my opinion. Bioshock infinite and Splinter Cell Black List come to mind
bioshock was good but the story was a let down and got boring after awhile. splinter cell was nothing special. Gta v and last of us is my two best games of year by far. ninja you just seem like a gta hater ad that shows with all you said. I can tell you are not a gta fan or you would not mind all the stuff you said which makes the game suck.

each character has a color...

michael is blue

franklin is green

trevor is yellow

when you look on the minimap.. any Big letter is usually a story mission... and go off the color to pick the character...

also be sure to go to settings and change your weapon reticule to Complex... the default weapon reticule is a tiny white dot..
Thanks man, this game is so fun!

Don't understand as to why people are getting so angry over someone having a different opinion over this game. It's a discussion board. People will disagree with you. If you don't like it and can't discuss it like adults, just move on. No need to argue about it like kids.

On topic, I finished the game and enjoyed it very much. Michael was probably my favorite character followed by Franklin. Trevor got a bit annoying as the story went on.

I do really like the game but it seems like the little things that get annoying. For instance....

There is a base jump on top of a building, seems like there is no way to get to it unless you go all the way to get a helicopter, then fly all the way over there, and land on top of the building. Why isnt there a little icon by the door to instantly go to the top? Unless im missing something, but there are no stairs either. There was an icon like that in GTA IV to get to the top of the empire state building.

EDIT: Actually i just found a parachute at ground level near a building for one of the base drops. So maybe i just missed the parachute near another building.

Sometimes you die too easy. I was driving to a base jump on my ATV, took me like 5 minutes just to get their after avoiding the cops and my ATV just tips over once and i die instantly. Ive gotten into bigger car crashes and survived, or fell off 10-20 feet cliffs and survived, but my ATV tips over and i fall 2 feet to the ground and im instantly dead.

Cops can be annoying, i once had someone call the cops on me for honking my horn more than once. I tried to talk to someone and said hi, how ya doing and they call the cops on me. I jack a guys car... kill him, nothing. But i bump a guy off his ATV and cops are after me.

Oh and for some reason Franklin on the character select wheel shows 1, like he still has a mission left, but when i look on the map there is nothing. I dont know why it shows the 1.

EDIT: I think the 1 mission for Franklin that i wasnt seeing was a street race.

I do really like the game but it seems like the little things that get annoying. For instance....

There is a base jump on top of a building, seems like there is no way to get to it unless you go all the way to get a helicopter, then fly all the way over there, and land on top of the building. Why isnt there a little icon by the door to instantly go to the top? Unless im missing something, but there are no stairs either. There was an icon like that in GTA IV to get to the top of the empire state building.

EDIT: Actually i just found a parachute at ground level near a building for one of the base drops. So maybe i just missed the parachute near another building.

Sometimes you die too easy. I was driving to a base jump on my ATV, took me like 5 minutes just to get their after avoiding the cops and my ATV just tips over once and i die instantly. Ive gotten into bigger car crashes and survived, or fell off 10-20 feet cliffs and survived, but my ATV tips over and i fall 2 feet to the ground and im instantly dead.

Cops can be annoying, i once had someone call the cops on me for honking my horn more than once. I tried to talk to someone and said hi, how ya doing and they call the cops on me. I jack a guys car... kill him, nothing. But i bump a guy off his ATV and cops are after me.

Oh and for some reason Franklin on the character select wheel shows 1, like he still has a mission left, but when i look on the map there is nothing. I dont know why it shows the 1.

EDIT: I think the 1 mission for Franklin that i wasnt seeing was a street race.
oh god yeah the cops coming after you after dumb shit drives me insane. Like not even really killing anybody either. Then one star turns into 2 and it's not "hard" to get rid of them just time consuming. and then I have to drive to my mission or whatever and I usually feel over it :/

I'd like to know what your top 5 are at this point.
Of all time? In no particular order

Bioshock 1

Bioshock Infinite

Halo 1

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Far Cry 3

Honorable mentions to Bioshock 2, Red Dead Redemption, Halo 2, Driver 1 and the Splinter Cell Series.

I finished the game last night. Decent enough ending. I'm glad there are some sensible people in this thread. Why do all the people that disagree with me keep stating that I'm saying GTA 5 sucks? I've never once stated that this game sucks. It doesn't. It was a good game. It wasn't one of my favorite games. End of story.

just boggles my mind how yo ucan't enjoy the story in this game i think its AMAZING. you have a young kid not really going in any direction and no father figure in his life and then you got a older guy that thinks he is done with his career and never really had a true son then he finds one in unexpected way. Why would you judge a game on the soundtrack i will admit the soundtrack don't have well knowing songs but i love alot of the not well knowing songs on this game.
I'm considering the soundtrack as a whole not just the radio stations. The cinematic music goes along with that. Music is very important in games. The story was pretty ridiculous honestly. Especially some of the last few missions. 1/2 the game is spent with Trevor and Michael just yelling at each other. Why is the story amazing to you? The heists were supposed to be a really big deal in the game but there were so few that they felt insignificant. Plus you would always do the same thing. Some bogus scouting before the heists and then you steal some cars for it. Lester does everything else. The writing and atmosphere was awesome. Very funny stuff but the story itself was just so ridiculous at times that it lost me quick.

Speaking of money, i did earn a cool 10.7 millions dollars through the stock market. It was a random event where
some guy needed a ride to the airport, after i dropped him off he gave me the tip to buy stock in Tinkle.
So i bought the stock and watched it keep going up and up and up. Seems like it changes every 30 seconds. So i kept watching it as it rose. It was pretty cool. Eventually it stopped moving, didnt go up or down. Thats when i sold it all.

Speaking of money, i did earn a cool 10.7 millions dollars through the stock market. It was a random event where
some guy needed a ride to the airport, after i dropped him off he gave me the tip to buy stock in Tinkle.
So i bought the stock and watched it keep going up and up and up. Seems like it changes every 30 seconds. So i kept watching it as it rose. It was pretty cool. Eventually it stopped moving, didnt go up or down. Thats when i sold it all.
Thanks for the tip. I already completed all the lester missions before the end of the game so i need some more money.. I really want that golf course

I think that guy that gives the stock tip is located somewhere along the highway on the west coast. Vague as hell I know but that's what I recall.

I think that guy that gives the stock tip is located somewhere along the highway on the west coast. Vague as hell I know but that's what I recall.
Better than nothing. Thanks.

The random events in this game are pretty freaking awesome. The ones out in the country blow away the ones in the city by a long shot so far.

Having a blast so far with this game. I think I am 6 hours or so in, and I am heading into my first heist mission. I probably am "way behind" for being 6 hours in, but I've been mesing around a lot.

Anybody else that's lived in LA/the valley trip the fuck out at all the recognizable places they have in this game? The Getty looks uncanny. They even have it down to this strip club on Sunset I went to many years back. The exact outside is the same on Sunset Blvd. Bunch of parts of Long Beach and Santa Monica pier area/PCH makes me nostalgic for that place. Not that i live too far but still. I feel like if you've been to these parts it's a whole other game haha. Even a fucking carwash that's on Ventura Blvd is in this game. So ridiculous. love that detail. Sucks most people won't pick up on it :(. but so cool for those that have been there.

Online is going to be released tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont think ill get 100% by then. But only time consuming things i need is hunting, and 25 stunt jumps. The rest are activities and knife flights. Right now im at 89.52%

The great thing about this game is you can save and load the game off anywhere you want. Its like pausing the game and then unpausing it the next day. So if you are trying to do something risky like fly under a bridge, or stunt jump, you should save before doing these because if you crash and die you can just load it up and be back before you attempted it.

Maybe this is why i was arrested for honking my horn.... i was playing as the black man!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/the-franklin-conspiracy-why-gamers-decided-the-police-in-gt

I can totally see that being true. Personally I barely get the cops called on me while I am Michael. I even killed a guy near the airport. With Franklin I think I drove on the sidewalk without hitting anybody and 2 stars. It's probably just random luck....but maybe not. I don't see Rockstar ever confirming this and just laughing about it under their breath. love it. 

I went hunting today and did about 4-5 challenges, and then a cougar snuck up on me and was able to wrestle me to the ground before i could switch guns and shoot at it. So i died. I walk out of the hospital, hail a cab and go right back to the hunting grounds. I jump out of the taxi and this cougar is right by the taxi and jumps on me right when i get out. Luckily i pressed LS+RS in to withstand the damage long enough to be able to get up and shoot the mother fucker. Then i see all the challenges i passed before were reset. :bomb: Why do i have to do these challenges all over again? Seriously!

EDIT: So i guess the best thing to do is end the hunting whenever you complete a challenge or two. Or if you are feeling risky, just end it when you hear a cougar and you will teleport back to the trailer. Then you can just start hunting again.

Ha, I was just coming here to see if anyone had any information about when it's being activated.

Too bad it's not Midnight. Was hoping to maximize my day off.

I've had a request pending for the CAG crew for awhile now. Anyone know who does those?
Sorry to hear that. Although I've been posting the link, unfortunately I have no control over the group. Due to this, I will cease to post the link, until I know the the pending requests are accepted.

I played this morning when the servers went up. Not a lot of people were on. Already on level 6. The character creation isn't good. Also, the texture pop ins are obvious in the intro. It's night & day, comparing to the occasional pop in that you see from time to time in SP.

On the plus side, you DON'T have to visit an ATM to deposit & withdraw your money. You can do it over your in-game phone.

Anyone down to play, I'll be on later. My GT is Don CMoney. If you send a request, just send a message that reads "CAG." So I'll know you're from the forum.

Haha, it's hard to make a good looking white person in character creation. They all look like they have down syndrome or are pedos. My first chick came out looking like white trash complete with bruises. It was too unnerving so I re-rolled.

It says on the page, have some patience. Our crew will set up its infrastructure in a bit, there will be more help than having just one person working with invites. So I'm 62.7% done, am I close to the end? Knowing Rockstar I'm guessing maybe 75% would be the end and the rest is all the other stuff in the game lol.

Haha, it's hard to make a good looking white person in character creation. They all look like they have down syndrome or are pedos. My first chick came out looking like white trash complete with bruises. It was too unnerving so I re-rolled.
Is there any way to edit your character after the fact?

Edit: I posted what I thought was a fix to the freezing issue but it froze again after completing the race at the beginning.

bread's done
Back