Grand Theft Auto V - 11/14 New trailer released! We're bouncin' now!

All I've ran into are people wanting to kill me. So, if anyone wants to do some Co op, please feel free to add me. I'm also looking to join some CAGs for a crew!

GT: BeFlatLine

When i was able to play online, a race and a mission or two, i was the only person in the lobby. Later i tried to play more but i could never connect to any races or deathmatches, and was eventually kicked back to single player story.

Is the CAG Crew mostly PS3 or Xbox 360? I don't see any of you guys on Xbox 360.

I'm done for now but I'm definitely up for doing missions. You definitely need extra gunmen for a lot of them. My gamertag is SpokkerBones. 

I can't even get it to load the first dam race, it just says launching session
same here, let it sit for 5 min one time, then my second attempt I let it go half an hour then just turned it off and watched tv. Oh well. I'll be trying again in the morning.

Is the CAG Crew mostly PS3 or Xbox 360? I don't see any of you guys on Xbox 360.

I'm done for now but I'm definitely up for doing missions. You definitely need extra gunmen for a lot of them. My gamertag is SpokkerBones.
So I've read there are 2 CAG Crews, CAG Payne and Cheap Ass Gamer, have no idea what console dominates one or the other. Haven't heard any specifics if you can just be "in" the crew with friends on different consoles or if the crew benefits will carry between versions. To bad there wasn't a crew named CAG X, you know, for Xbox players then a Crew named CAG P, CAG 3, or something like that for ps3. Anyone want to make one? I'm more of a follower....lol. If I had more time than just an hour here or there to play games I would do it.

I can't even get it to load the first dam race, it just says launching session
I had that happen all 6 times I tried today. I made sure to sumbit it for the Amazon trade-in value shortly after. If this isn't completely fixed by the end of the week it's gone. It's inexcusable to have it where it's completely unplayable, especially when there was a 2 week delay and they were clearly aware of sales numbers. You can't even leave lobbies without having to dashboard and restart the game. Plus, they now have tip warnings while the game loads. Some of them indicate penalties for being a lousy player, including quitting out of games. I'm wondering if my 6 dashboards have already hurt my status in the game.

I'd just rebuy months later, especially if there's a complete edition like they had with IV.

Delete any previous characters created, and clear system cache.

Mine worked flawlessly after I did this. I tried all fucking day to no avail until I did this, though.

My friend is still having issues after doing this, so it's really hit or miss.

I'd wait until next week when everything is sorted out. The connection issues I can live with because it was expected. But deletion of characters I cannot.

After playing for a few hours I got a character up to rank 9 only to find him deleted today. Had $50K and a few race wins under my belt. Thanks cloud. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd wait until next week when everything is sorted out. The connection issues I can live with because it was expected. But deletion of characters I cannot.

After playing for a few hours I got a character up to rank 9 only to find him deleted today. Had $50K and a few race wins under my belt. Thanks cloud.
Wow. What the deuce!? Sorry to hear, man.

So I've read there are 2 CAG Crews, CAG Payne and Cheap Ass Gamer, have no idea what console dominates one or the other. Haven't heard any specifics if you can just be "in" the crew with friends on different consoles or if the crew benefits will carry between versions. To bad there wasn't a crew named CAG X, you know, for Xbox players then a Crew named CAG P, CAG 3, or something like that for ps3. Anyone want to make one? I'm more of a follower....lol. If I had more time than just an hour here or there to play games I would do it.
CAG Payne is ours. I searched for Cheap @$$ Gamer on the Social Club and nothing came up. I'm on the Xbox by the way, feel free to add me if you want. I noticed in GTA Online we can join our crew, so it should let us just hop in one anothers games.

haven't been able to even start the intro mission for online. OH WELL. Just finished the  game! Now I can have fun!
last mission was fucking boring as shit. wow that was anticlimactic.

haven't been able to even start the intro mission for online. OH WELL. Just finished the game! Now I can have fun!
last mission was fucking boring as shit. wow that was anticlimactic.
Guess it depends on
Which ending you got. I think kill trevor and michael endings are meh. Option C is like 2-3 times longer and probably the best ending out of them all IMO.

Guess it depends on
Which ending you got. I think kill trevor and michael endings are meh. Option C is like 2-3 times longer and probably the best ending out of them all IMO.
I actually picked option C. I did like the ending but I was more talking about the missions themselves as in you have to kill those 3 guys and kidnap that one guy. I thought it was going to be more difficult but I just used an rpg/sniper and was done with it. escaping the gangs was easy too. I guess I was expecting more of a crazy 5 star wanted ending like I'm so used to in GTA's but oh well. It was fine just not that extravagant as I thought it would be.

One thing I did notice and like about the game was if you planned your heist more tactical or stealth like. Your heist would pretty much go without much of an attention. There was no "oh noes all of a sudden something went wrong." I liked that.

All I've ran into are people wanting to kill me. So, if anyone wants to do some Co op, please feel free to add me. I'm also looking to join some CAGs for a crew!

GT: BeFlatLine
There's an option I saw last night where you pay $100 and other players can't hurt you while on foot. Hold down the back button on xbox until the menu pops up and turn on "passive mode"

I actually picked option C. I did like the ending but I was more talking about the missions themselves as in you have to kill those 3 guys and kidnap that one guy. I thought it was going to be more difficult but I just used an rpg/sniper and was done with it. escaping the gangs was easy too. I guess I was expecting more of a crazy 5 star wanted ending like I'm so used to in GTA's but oh well. It was fine just not that extravagant as I thought it would be.

One thing I did notice and like about the game was if you planned your heist more tactical or stealth like. Your heist would pretty much go without much of an attention. There was no "oh noes all of a sudden something went wrong." I liked that.
I was expecting the same ending as you. Several stars and more action. It was a decent ending but I just wished the final missions had been more difficult.

Those of you still having issues with GTA Online -- try deleting the GTA Title Update you downloaded originally, and clear your system cache as well. Then try going in via the character selection screen on the single player story pause menu.

Best bet to make it in is by creating a new character. My friend was having issues being unable to get his race with Lamar to start since launch, and he did these steps and got in/everything loaded without a hitch.

Tried the cache clearing and deleting the title update still am not able to do the first mission. Am I supposed to delete my character I made too? How do I do that? *sad face*

Tried the cache clearing and deleting the title update still am not able to do the first mission. Am I supposed to delete my character I made too? How do I do that? *sad face*
Through the single player pause menu, go to "Online" then "Choose Character" -- delete whatever is there.

Characters that were made (and stuck) prior will pretty much be in a neverending loop in the first mission/race until a patch is put through.

It's not a 100% guarantee for everybody, but it's worked for 2 of my friends now who have been stuck previously, so it may or may not work for you.

I did what you said HydroX and delete my character and deleted the cache. I had to retry it about 3 times but I eventually got in. Had a blast for 6 hours.

How long did you wait before giving up at the launching session screen? I've done it twice and been at that screen for 10 minutes each time and nothing. Sigh. Guess I'm just unlucky.

I only had issues on launch day. I never had to do anything strange to get it working though.

I'm gonna try to jump in the new CAG crew, it doesn't say Payne haha.

Someone needs to make a crew logo of Cheapy D that I posted a little earlier.

One weird thing I've noticed with online is that I get moved to different lobby's after each mission. I'll attempt to invite the room to a race or whatever and there will be nobody in the room.

Haven't gotten to invite the other crew members yet though.

My first real mission online I'm driving to the location and the GPS disappears. Then we players disappear. Then the car disappears. Then the game disappears. Timedout and kicked me to SP.

That is with the newest patch. Think I'll give the some more time.

When I first started GTAO all the windows and lights of buildings would show up but not any walls. That was kinda funny.

I've not made it into GTA online yet.  Tried clearing cache, deleting the update, deleting characters and creating new ones, etc.  Hope this newest patch lets me get in, because in with glitches is still better than I've gotten so far.  :)

Bought my firt apartment last night. I should have waited and bought one for 300k. Apparently all the mid level apartments look the same inside. I'm hoping the more expensive ones are nicer. I wish we could buy houses with swimming pools how ever.

Bought my firt apartment last night. I should have waited and bought one for 300k. Apparently all the mid level apartments look the same inside. I'm hoping the more expensive ones are nicer. I wish we could buy houses with swimming pools how ever.
Did you farm for the money? I wanna crew up with some CAGS, we would get extra points.

Also, what do the Job Points do??

Yeah, Violent Duct is the best on Hard. 9k for about three minutes of work and about 1100 Xp. JP is job points which will be used later on. 

Clearing the cache worked for me, if anyone else is still stuck on "Launching Session". I combined that with deleting the title update and making a new character and made it on.

With that said, can someone briefly summarize what makes this different than GTA4's multiplayer and why it's being treated like the second coming of Christ? Co-op missions and races aren't anything new, and I don't know enough people on Xbox Live or care enough to join a crew/clan. I got killed by a player while trying to buy clothes after finishing up Lemar's training, and had to go all the way back to buy clothes again. I just said "meh" and turned it off. I know about Passive mode, I just don't care enough to turn it on to buy some clothes.

To be fair though, that's been my overall reaction with the single player too, but I was actually looking forward to GTA Online because of how big of a deal it's supposed to be.

Still nothing works. How long should I wait to start the race before giving up? I've waited the most probably like 10 minutes
For me, it was pretty quick when it worked so I wouldn't wait longer than a minute or two. I would just quit out to the home screen and go back in. That seemed to be working for me until the next freeze...then I'd do it again.

I still cant get past the "launching session" either. Guess I'll just wait it out, I still got plenty to do in single-player anyway.
double whammy for me. I went to do the Lester missions and to invest in the right stocks. bam. Down for maintenance. lol. oh well. I have an insane backlog and ridiculous school workload to get to. RIGHT? JK *keeps trying GTAV online*

Finally beat the game! That last heist too!

I went with the
ending where Franklin kills Trevor, prob the default ending but it felt like the right thing to do.

bread's done
Back