GRAW 2 - Gen Discussion - 3/4 Co-Op Collections 400pts ea.

how wiill this game compare to R6 Vegas, will this be a must buy?? you cant beat the price, but i dont want to buy a game i might not like, especially since i spent alot lately on mlb 2k7 and crackdown. hopefully some ign/gamespot reviews are out soon

That's frickin sweet about the headgear. I don't have Double Agent but I have R6:V. I was looking thru the headgear options and was suprised to see a ton of options, and now I know why there were so many.

[quote name='nharmon91']Im thinkin of fire up multi or GRAW 1 :) Is anyone even on it anymore?[/QUOTE]

I played MP with a buddy of mine (Co-Op Campaign) a week or two ago, didn't have too much trouble having people join up. I would fire up GRAW 1 again, if I knew I could FINALLY beat Co-Op Mission 1-4 with someone.

I only got to play through the Tutorial of GRAW 2 before work, but I like it a whole lot. IGN's review was right in saying that Mitchell still throws grenades like a sissy.

I went over to BB tonight and got a PM on the game for $34.99 thanks to Fry's ad and I must say that this game is one of the must owns for the 360 so far this year. I've played for a good ol' hour and a half and I must say that I am very impressed. So far I only played single player but the graphics are a huge upgrade from GRAW. Only thing that can use some work is that while you're in the debriefing and you're character is just sitting there like in the Jeep the graphics seem to be a little lacking. But that's it though, it's nothing major. I like the new addition of the Com-Cast where if you hold down RB you can scroll through your member's views over the shoulder by clicking the left thumbstick. It seems like a new gimmick that won't be used much but trust me, it's very useful. All in all, this is my mini-review of this game. I highly recommend it guys :)

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Damn why couldn't they have that kind of pricing on a game I actually want, like Crackdown?!?![/quote]thought the exact same thing.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
headgeargraw2.jpg

[/QUOTE]

I use that exact same head covering. The new face-masks are pretty cool too. I didn't know you got those from playing other Tom Clancy games I just liked it.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy'] I saw Ramo playing this earlier today. I had completely forgotten it was coming out. GRAW was the first WOW game for the 360 in my opinion, let me know if the game is solid guys-- I'll pick it up.[/quote]

I played that damn game all day yesterday that I didn't even check CAG or anything. I love it, but I really enjoyed GRAW to begin with. This one definitely is better. You still can't back against walls like in single player but you can still do the crouch and peek with the LB button which is just as good since it keeps you moving and not stuck to a wall. I went through the simulator tutorial and the first 2 or 3 parts of ACT 1 but then went into the Co-OP campaign with a buddy and those missions are hard as fuck with just 2 people. Once we got a few more in there is seemed easier butu most of them would run on their own and would always die around the same place in each mission so it would always be one guy left and half a mission to go. So, having a clan or a group of friends you play with regularly is pretty well invited to keep it fun. I didn't play any of the adverserial options so I can't say how they play but I'm sure they are fine.

[quote name='deadite76']If you link your Ubisoft account to your Live account you can get the exclusive "Nowhere" map:[/quote]
I don't know why but that proved to be harder for me to do that it should have been. It took me about an hour or more to actually get that done yesterday because I couldn't remember my Name or password for the Ubi site. But I finally got it done and Dl the map but didn't play it yet.

Thanks for the impressions Ramo, can't wait. I'll be hitting you up for invites sometime after I get it.

Does this game have facemapping like R6:Vegas does?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks for the impressions Ramo, can't wait. I'll be hitting you up for invites sometime after I get it.

Does this game have facemapping like R6:Vegas does?[/QUOTE]
No. But with the face paint and masks you never see the faces anyway.

[quote name='asianxcore']I played MP with a buddy of mine (Co-Op Campaign) a week or two ago, didn't have too much trouble having people join up. I would fire up GRAW 1 again, if I knew I could FINALLY beat Co-Op Mission 1-4 with someone.

I only got to play through the Tutorial of GRAW 2 before work, but I like it a whole lot. IGN's review was right in saying that Mitchell still throws grenades like a sissy.[/quote] Id play co-op with you this weekend on GRAW 1, you up for it? Hit me up with a PM if you want to.

I've never really played any of these tactical shooter games. I did play my way through the first Splinter Cell on the Xbox, great time. Loved that game. I've got Rainbow Six Vegas inbound for the 360 because watching some videos on that looked like it could be a lot of fun, and even somewhat similar to SC.

How does the Rainbow Six series and GRAW compare? I'd assume they're fairly different, but just wondering if R6 is something I enjoy, would GRAW be as well?

[quote name='daroga']I've never really played any of these tactical shooter games. I did play my way through the first Splinter Cell on the Xbox, great time. Loved that game. I've got Rainbow Six Vegas inbound for the 360 because watching some videos on that looked like it could be a lot of fun, and even somewhat similar to SC.

How does the Rainbow Six series and GRAW compare? I'd assume they're fairly different, but just wondering if R6 is something I enjoy, would GRAW be as well?[/quote]

R6 Vegas is more tactical, GRAW is a little more chaotic, but in a good way, after all you're in a war. If you like R6 you'll like GRAW. Try the demo's on the marketplace.

The main difference in the 2 is that R6 is usually more close quarters like in-doors or small outside areas. GRAW is straight up urban warfare with large open areas and enemies with some heavy weapons to blow you to pieces. I would say they are both tactical but it depends on how you play. In the co-op missions in GRAW you really need to have a plan in order to keep your team alive or have some really strong luck. If you have a team of 4 and everyone runs in seperate ways they will all find themselves alone and surrounded in no time. R6 is the same way but once you clear a hallway or a roof the enemies will not populate that area again because you will contain them to the next areas. In GRAW you can clear one area but since the maps are more open they can and will come around a different path and kill you from up high or from behind.

Thanks for the input guys. I always seem to forget about the marketplace demos--I'm still in "gotta buy it to try it" mode from last consoles and the Wii. I'll keep my eye on GRAW 2 and see if it's something I'd enjoy. :)

[quote name='daroga']Thanks for the input guys. I always seem to forget about the marketplace demos--I'm still in "gotta buy it to try it" mode from last consoles and the Wii. I'll keep my eye on GRAW 2 and see if it's something I'd enjoy. :)[/QUOTE]

Or, just wait a month or two until Ubi drops the price by $20 - $25 and it goes on sale, like all their other releases ;)

Quick question--does this game have online co-op with two players on the same console via split screen ala GoW? Also, for those of you who have both this and R6Vegas, which one do you prefer?

[quote name='Broccoli Storm']Quick question--does this game have online co-op with two players on the same console via split screen ala GoW? Also, for those of you who have both this and R6Vegas, which one do you prefer?[/QUOTE]
I believe it does support guests on one Gmrtg but I'm not 100% sure since I don't use it myself, but I swear i saw somebody doing that yesterday. It shows up as the same Name but twice and a P1 & P2 after it. But again I may have been seeing things.

I can't answer Q2 because I love both of them.

how is the multiplayer matchmaking in this one? I tried playing the demo, but after disconnects upon disconnects I just got frustrated. The first game did the exact same shit, plus it took forever to get into a multiplayer game...Has the retail version improved on this at all?

Hello all. I purchased this game earlier this week but really haven't had time to play it. I was wondering if any cags wanted to get some CO-op missions done tomorrow. I'll be free all damned day (ahhh spring break is great) just add me if you want (Frankysox) and we'll get down with some GRAW 2~!

The Matchmaking on this one is pure crap just like the first game. Multiplayer can be fun when it works, though there seems to be a new trend for idiotic hosts to keep on starting and cancelling a match until the room is full so you can't check any of the modifiers in the game lobby....................................

Leave it to ubisoft to make matchmaking suck.

single player is fun though, the visuals are great as well.

I thought it was way too soon for another GRAW game, so I had written this off. But a friend let me borrow his copy and I'll be damned if it isn't better in just about every way. I'm in love with the Ghosts again.

rented this today and the MP was lagging like crazy for me I hope I just got a bad server or something. The single player is gripping though, I had to force myself away from the game after beating the first act.

I don't know why, but the more I play GRAW the more inclined I am to say I'd give the edge to R6 Vegas, maybe I just like the cover system better and a less complex command interface?

I rented the game this weekend and I actually finished the single player campaign in about 6 hours on medium difficulty. The game IS damn fun though. I didn't even go online yet....I may try that.

I have yet to buy R6:Vegas, so I may need that also.

I highly recommend this game, even with the short single player. I guess I can go back and play on the HARDEST level....maybe evnetually.

[quote name='Zoglog']The Matchmaking on this one is pure crap just like the first game. Multiplayer can be fun when it works, though there seems to be a new trend for idiotic hosts to keep on starting and cancelling a match until the room is full so you can't check any of the modifiers in the game lobby....................................

Leave it to ubisoft to make matchmaking suck.

single player is fun though, the visuals are great as well.[/QUOTE]
Ubisoft titles don't have matchmaking. They have the player-created lobby system.

I'm loving this game so far. I guess I'm a little biased since the first GRAW is one of my favorite games for 360.

Just finished up Act 1 (Guarded Risk). I was a little disappointed how short it was. Hopefully that'll change a little bit with Act 2.

I do appreciate that the squad AI is a lot smarter than it was in GRAW 1. They actually take cover when put into "Recon" mode. Also at one point (during an assault) my Gunner attempted to flank out a pack of rebels. Also the Marksman I used didn't take random shots. If she couldn't get a shot off, she moved to a better/safer vantage point and took shots there.

Looking out the Helo door (Act 1) out towards Juarez was awesome. Everything looked great.

[quote name='asianxcore']I'm loving this game so far. I guess I'm a little biased since the first GRAW is one of my favorite games for 360.

Just finished up Act 1 (Guarded Risk). I was a little disappointed how short it was. Hopefully that'll change a little bit with Act 2.

I do appreciate that the squad AI is a lot smarter than it was in GRAW 1. They actually take cover when put into "Recon" mode. Also at one point (during an assault) my Gunner attempted to flank out a pack of rebels. Also the Marksman I used didn't take random shots. If she couldn't get a shot off, she moved to a better/safer vantage point and took shots there.

Looking out the Helo door (Act 1) out towards Juarez was awesome. Everything looked great.[/QUOTE]

In one part my squadmates got on top of a building to get a better shot. That is the first time I have seen teammate AI do that

[quote name='jlarlee']In one part my squadmates got on top of a building to get a better shot. That is the first time I have seen teammate AI do that[/QUOTE]

It's great and it makes things a whole lot less frustrating. I've only had to heal my squad mates twice so far (Guarded Risk). That only happened because I put them in a really terrible spot, while trying to take out an APC.

The length of Act 2 make up for how short Act 1 was. Also from the looks of it jlarlee, Act 3 does look mighty short. Oh well, the game is still fun.

I am enjoying the gameplay in GR 2 but on the SP side the story is lacking. I wish they would give more effort on creating a solid story. Mitchell is a dud of a character and there is no one interesting around him. The opportunity to plot a real action movie type scenario is missed out.

[quote name='jlarlee']whats your fav guns I have been siding with the 36-k[/QUOTE]

My fave weapons in the SP:

M107, M95, SR AS50 (Sniper rifles)
P90
MP5 (Sub-Machine Gun)

Just beat the game. Wasn't too difficult on Guarded Risk. Might have to try my hand at Elevated Risk sometime soon. Now that I have the SP beat, I can't wait to get some matches going in the MP.

I found that the SR AS50 sniper rifle in SINGLE PLAYER is the best gun. You can keep your distance, shoot through walls.....makes it almost TOO easy.

Great game....rental was short, but I may pick up as MP seemed fun also.

This weekend is a GRAW2 72-Hour Xbox Live Weekend:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/t/t...dwarfighter2xbox360/72hourweekend/default.htm

"From March 16-18, join the Ghost ranks for 72 non-stop hours of intense online action with the GRAW2™ Xbox Live® Weekend. Play online against the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® 2 game development team and the Frag Dolls, compete for fabulous prizes in the Universal Leaderboard Tournament, win prizes every hour in the Play & Win sweepstakes, and grab an exclusive gamerpic."

Click on link to register. Good luck CAGs!!!

My favorite weapon so far has to be the M14, as strong as the SCAR-H, as accurate as SCAR-H, but faster rate of fire.

Glad I rented this. Every fucking game I try to join I get booted because I am lvl 1. Haven't even been able to play MP yet because of this. Apparently you get "no points" for killing a level one, so I imagine it's a design flaw.

Why can't kicks be vote based...

edit: So played some Player Matches (we know how fun those are from other games..)

Now I don't feel so bad about being pissed, as the multiplayer is very annoying in general. Seems like its all spray and pray or camping.

bread's done
Back