Great Deals at Blockbuster

squido

CAG Veteran
I found some great deals at Blockbuster. The store that I went to was in Calgary, Bonavista location.

There is currently a buy 2 get 1 free used sale, and they dropped a lot of there prices. I only really looked at 360 games though.

I picked up the following:
The Club $14.99
Two Worlds $14.99
Kingdom Under Fire !Free!

And I bought Dark Messiah of MOM for $9.99 new!

Some other used deals:
Simpsons $7.99 (9.99 new)
Transformers $7.99
The Darkness $7.99
Jericho $7.99
Viva Pinata $4.99
Tons of kids games for cheap (Hairy Potter, Ratatouile, Cars, Party Animals - all around $7.99). I might go back and grab some of these.

And a lot of new games can be found for $10-20.

Hopefully this isn't old news, but I was there Tues night when they were putting the stickers on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also at one of the Calgary locations (around westbrook mall) and the only decent deal there was:

Viva Pinata $7.99 (new)
but they also had a used one there for $7.99 so I'm sure it's actually less for the used ones.

I got Virtua Fighter 5 Online for 9.99, was quite happy. There was other great deals there too but nothing that really perked my interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely YMMV. One of mine in Orleans (Ottawa) didn't have anything too groundbreaking. Jericho was still 40 or something like that, The Club was 20. Rock Star's Table Tennis was 9.99, that was the only thing that tempted me. Hopefully they'll set some stuff up soon.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Also is N3 worth $9.99? What does it play like?[/QUOTE]

It plays like Dynasty Warriors mixed with pure evil.

lol, N3 isn't as fun as Dynasty Warriors IMHO, although they are very similar. N3 drags on a little bit and there's no historical background to enhance the enjoyment of the game. To me, N3 is a great demo but not a lot more. For 10 bucks you could try it, but in all honesty I think it will be on the shelf before you know it. Put that 10 bucks towards a better game or get something better for $9.99, like Project Sylpheed (not that I've played that one, but I hear good things).

I saw Mass Effect used there about a week ago for $25. B2G1 was still on then and it was supposed to have ended a few days earlier. Still, I couldn't find anything else (and have opted to get the CE for $40 new in the US) to get with ME, which has almost always been the case with BBV sales.. I can find one great game, nothing else, though. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Also is N3 worth $9.99? What does it play like?[/quote]

For what it's worth I picked up N3 for 4.99 used at EB a little while ago. It was after their red tag sale so I'm fairly sure that's still the going price. It's worth 10 though IMO, it's a cool game if you like fighting a ton of guys at once.

I have a weird story. I stopped by Blockbuster yesterday looking for games, and they had a 30% off used DVDs. I asked about Blu-Ray and the guy said they weren't included, but that he would give me a discount just because he could. He said a few times that he would probably get in trouble for it later. So on my receipt it says $4.75 credit. That's pretty weird but I got a good BD for $18, just a nice guy I guess.

Damn... I might have to go check and see if they have the Simpsons game. I've wanted that for quite some time... and for $8-10 that's pretty awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

Okay... "Hairy Potter" made me laugh out loud. :applause: That's gonna be stuck in my head for days.

But to keep on topic, Gamefly's got some sweet deals going on right now too and on popular titles. Shipping's free for members. You can still buy from them if you're not a member but you'll pay for shipping so it's something to take into account. I've always been impressed with the quality of the games I buy from them. They seem to actually give a damn about quality control.

Just a few I dug up.

Mass Effect $22.50
Bioshock $22.50
Assassin's Creed $16.20
Devil May Cry 4 $18.00
Harvey Birdman $16.20
Bully $21.50

BTW... I have a coupon code for a free gamefly trial that I got with the last game I bought from them if anyone wants it. I'm already a member so it does me no good. I'll PM it to the first taker.

[quote name='ryauda2006']BTW... I have a coupon code for a free gamefly trial that I got with the last game I bought from them if anyone wants it. I'm already a member so it does me no good. I'll PM it to the first taker.[/quote]

We don't have gamefly in Canada. Thanks for the offer though!

Bummer... maybe someday. They seem to be growing rapidly. You never know.

You might not be able to sign up for an account but I'm pretty sure you can still buy used games from them if you wanted to. Not 100% positive on that one but it's worth investigating all the same.

Anyway, if anyone else wants this free trial code just let me know.

Well recently I got
PGR3 - 5$
PGR4- 10$ ( brand new)
Splinter Cell Double Agent -10$
Kameo - 10$ ( now it's 8 )
Assasin's Creed - 25$ ( pricedrop)

[quote name='ryauda2006']

Just a few I dug up.

Mass Effect $22.50
Bioshock $22.50
Assassin's Creed $16.20
Devil May Cry 4 $18.00
Harvey Birdman $16.20
Bully $21.50[/quote]

Any idea how much is shipping ?

[quote name='turgore2008']Any idea how much is shipping ?[/quote]

I really doubt gamefly ships to Canada. Your best bet is to go on the site and try to order it and see what if anything it quotes you

[quote name='magiic']I really doubt gamefly ships to Canada. Your best bet is to go on the site and try to order it and see what if anything it quotes you[/quote]
then theres always goomba :p

[quote name='turgore2008']Any idea how much is shipping ?[/QUOTE]

I went on their site and went to the store (not logged into my account) and went through the purchasing process and when I got to where it calculated shipping costs it said "free."

I thought non-members had to pay for shipping but if my current experiment is to be trusted, it looks like shipping is free for everyone. A sweet deal apparently just got a little sweeter.

Ya learn something new every day.

I saw an XBOX 360 Pro for $249.99. It's an old box without the "Go Pro" label, so it's likely the pre-Falcon unit.

Also saw DS Lite hard cases for $1.00, PS3 Memory Card Adapters for $2.00, and 360 Wireless Headsets for $10.00. YMMV.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I saw an XBOX 360 Pro for $249.99. It's an old box without the "Go Pro" label, so it's likely the pre-Falcon unit.

Also saw DS Lite hard cases for $1.00, PS3 Memory Card Adapters for $2.00, and 360 Wireless Headsets for $10.00. YMMV.[/quote]

Which BBV is this? I want a xbox!

Blah, I was just in BBV this afternoon.. wish I'd known about the wireless headsets.. that's a steal.. guess I'll venture back over there tomorrow. :razz:

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I saw an XBOX 360 Pro for $249.99. It's an old box without the "Go Pro" label, so it's likely the pre-Falcon unit.

Also saw DS Lite hard cases for $1.00, PS3 Memory Card Adapters for $2.00, and 360 Wireless Headsets for $10.00. YMMV.[/quote]

Yeah, PS3 memory card adapter was $4.99 where I went, still quite a deal though!

I went to my local BBV on Monday, pretty good deals. Just that the games I were looking for weren't there.

I picked up Table Tennis, Stranglehold and Saint's Row for 20 bucks total (tax included), so that was pretty sweet. Table Tennis and Stranglehold are awesome games, specially for the price. Saint's Row I just got, for the heck of it. I already have GTA4, but it's a nice alternative.

Definitely going back there again to get more stuff. They have pretty good prices on their used games now. Too bad I have most of the things that I wanted from there.

Wireless headsets are still $60 at the BBV across from Hazeldean Mall in Kanata.. didn't check Centrum.

[quote name='turgore2008']You said "Hairy Potter " LOL[/QUOTE]

HA! I play too much Munchkin, I guess :D

If you know what that card is you are as big of a nerd as I am.

Also saw DS Lite hard cases for $1.00, PS3 Memory Card Adapters for $2.00, and 360 Wireless Headsets for $10.00. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I saw an Xbox Pro for $249.99 also. It had the Forza2 and Marvel:UA games included. Killer deal!

Also, some clerks with do the Buy 2 Get 1 Free with these PPV sales and others won't.

the bbv in waterdown, ontario dropped the price of dead or alive 4 and condemned: criminal origins yesterday...$5 each. good deal for good games.

I got Suikoden Tactics and GrimGrimoire for $5 ech @ Sandalwood location and again at North Park location in Brampton, Ontario.

[quote name='zeze']I got god of war and GrimGrimoire for $5 each[/quote]

are these brand new or used?

[quote name='cm matty']the bbv in waterdown, ontario dropped the price of dead or alive 4 and condemned: criminal origins yesterday...$5 each. good deal for good games.[/quote]
sweet ...DOA4 is on my optional list ( only buy it if it is an amazing price ) since I allready played it.
I got the orange box for $25 and saw gears of war for the same price.

i can't wait till futureshop enters this business and the competition really heats up .

bread's done
Back