Great, i think im about to RROD for the first time

dgwillia006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Yesterday my RE5 (I assumed it was the disc) kept giving Disc Unreadable error (The second time i tried restarting, my 360 was making loud clunking and vibrating noises when on the main Logo, then when i took the disc out started fine), then the third time it froze right after the Capcom screen, with the disc drive making the loud noise.

Tried it a 4th time after wiping the disc off, everything worked fine, so i tried other games, all of them worked fine.

But this is the part that really scared me. Just turned my 360 on this morning, and right after the Xbox Logo, before going to the Dashboard, for a split second the screen turned all Blue and well......strange (Kind of hard to describe, barely saw it for a split second).

I was planning to trade it in for the FF13 Bundle on monday, should i be pre-emptive and go grab a memory card to copy my saves, then trade it in tonight?

(For some reason ever since that RE5 issue the first time, when i turn my 360 on, it makes the usualy noise, then makes a strange vibrating noise that always scares me)

I love these threads, especially the progression of updates as the Xbox slowly climbs into its death bed. I wish we had a sticky thread entitled "The Death of an Xbox."

[quote name='BingoBrown']I love these threads, especially the progression of updates as the Xbox slowly climbs into its death bed. I wish we had a sticky thread entitled "The Death of an Xbox."[/QUOTE]

Lol, i also love my luck. Was planning to trade it on Monday night for the FF13 Bundle anyway, then THIS happens. Either my 360 is jealous or im one lucky guy. (At the fact it decided to happen when i had enough funds to get a new one easily). Judging from what people told me in another topic, looks like ill be off to gamestop with it later today.

Sucks that such a fun console with great software has to have shitty hardware. If it wasn't for Mass Effect 2, 1 vs 100, etc. then I would have switched to PS3 already.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yesterday my RE5 (I assumed it was the disc) kept giving Disc Unreadable error (The second time i tried restarting, my 360 was making loud clunking and vibrating noises when on the main Logo, then when i took the disc out started fine), then the third time it froze right after the Capcom screen, with the disc drive making the loud noise.

Tried it a 4th time after wiping the disc off, everything worked fine, so i tried other games, all of them worked fine.

But this is the part that really scared me. Just turned my 360 on this morning, and right after the Xbox Logo, before going to the Dashboard, for a split second the screen turned all Blue and well......strange (Kind of hard to describe, barely saw it for a split second).

I was planning to trade it in for the FF13 Bundle on monday, should i be pre-emptive and go grab a memory card to copy my saves, then trade it in tonight?

(For some reason ever since that RE5 issue the first time, when i turn my 360 on, it makes the usualy noise, then makes a strange vibrating noise that always scares me)[/QUOTE]

Ya know a lot of Re5 Discs have had problems. Mine did. Capcom replaced it and I havent had an issue since.
Cant explain your blue screen or vibratin' sound tho.
FTR I never heard of anyone getting a blue screen prior to a RROD,,.. but then again I cant help but think: "Microsoft.. , Bluescreen,.. makes sense."

bread's done
Back