Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

trying to buy dishonored for 22.50, but surprise, surprise I am having troubles using PayPal on the greenmangaming site. If anyone would be interested in possibly letting me pay them with PayPal and then buy it for me on greenmangaming.com (assuming you are able to buy things from the site), pm me, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Last night I was able to use my Chase Visa to purchase Skyrim with the voucher, but for some reason I can't buy X-Com with the same card today. Pretty annoying, and it sucks for GMG. I know it's not their fault, and they're losing business.

[quote name='flashburn']Anyone pick up Lego LOTR? Is it actually available now? Or is it a pre-order through Steam?[/QUOTE]

Went ahead and bought it, and indeed it is a "pre-release" currently and not playable.

[quote name='flashburn']Anyone pick up Lego LOTR? Is it actually available now? Or is it a pre-order through Steam?[/QUOTE]

The game was supposed to be released on November 13, but the publisher announced a delay on the release date. Some people are saying it will be out Tuesday, but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

I thought these vouchers were limited to one use per account ?... However I picked up Dishonored this morning and then just now picked up Doom 3 BFG and it worked both times just fine.

Is it just this particular voucher that can be used multiple times or was I mistaken and they are always like that ? If so I missed out on a couple deals before thinking I could only use them once.....:cry:

[quote name='AdvOfJet']I thought these vouchers were limited to one use per account ?... However I picked up Dishonored this morning and then just now picked up Doom 3 BFG and it worked both times just fine.

Is it just this particular voucher that can be used multiple times or was I mistaken and they are always like that ? If so I missed out on a couple deals before thinking I could only use them once.....:cry:[/QUOTE]
They are almost always multiple use.

[quote name='rybrad']They are almost always multiple use.[/QUOTE]

Great information for me for the future .. just wish I wouldn't have got the wrong idea in my head previously ... argh ..

Got XCOM, but the payment process was certainly annoying. My Chase Visa and Paypal wouldn't work, but my Capital One Visa did. Even then, I got an email warning me about an international transaction.

Picked up Galaxy on Fire 2 for $3.75 with some of my credit. Still mulling over Book of Unwritten Tales and Doom 3 BFG. Have a feeling they will both hit 75% off before the year's out.

[quote name='Glomerate']I really hope they get Dishonored back in stock, I was about to pull the trigger on that this morning...[/QUOTE]
There's a guy in the steam deal thread who worked out a way to get it from Gamersgate for something like $19.50. It was posted some time Friday morning I think.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']There's a guy in the steam deal thread who worked out a way to get it from Gamersgate for something like $19.50. It was posted some time Friday morning I think.[/QUOTE]

Probably with the IGN discount which most people no longer have since GG abrubtly yanked it. I think there's a couple stragglers who haven't had the plug pulled yet but it should be soon.

I think those sort of deals from GG will be dried up from now on.

[quote name='Greyghost']Probably with the IGN discount which most people no longer have since GG abrubtly yanked it. I think there's a couple stragglers who haven't had the plug pulled yet but it should be soon.

I think those sort of deals from GG will be dried up from now on.[/QUOTE]
It involved buying blue coins multiple times and getting a discount each time, not sure if the IGN thing was involved.

[quote name='Greyghost']Probably with the IGN discount which most people no longer have since GG abrubtly yanked it. I think there's a couple stragglers who haven't had the plug pulled yet but it should be soon.

I think those sort of deals from GG will be dried up from now on.[/QUOTE]
I think it was cheaper via the .uk site than on the .com site. Buy using the .uk site, 5% G2PO discount and IGN discount, I got it down to 19,096 coins or $19.10. With the discount on buying blue coins and the coin "payback", the real cost for me was more like $18.

Edit: The .uk part had nothing to do with it since the base price it lists there comes out to $25 anyway.

So is it official that the codes no longer work on Borderlands 2's season pass? Would grab it for under $20, but will hold off since I'm just starting for now otherwise.

can anyone confirm that the borderlands 2 season pas DOES NOT come with the mechromancer DLC? because 25% off works on that so I might just get that for now

This is as low as I've seen the PC version of Xcom get. Which therefore raises the next question - honestly, how soon do people think it'll be until Xcom reaches $20? $15?

I have a ginormous backlog - so I have lots of other games to play - but I kinda want to finish my own personal holiday shopping soon, too.

Just wonderin'....

[quote name='Bizzquik']This is as low as I've seen the PC version of Xcom get. Which therefore raises the next question - honestly, how soon do people think it'll be until Xcom reaches $20? $15?

I have a ginormous backlog - so I have lots of other games to play - but I kinda want to finish my own personal holiday shopping soon, too.

Just wonderin'....[/QUOTE]

2k drops prices like sorority girls drop their panties...i dont think it will be long

[quote name='Drabelincoln']2k drops prices like sorority girls drop their panties...i dont think it will be long[/QUOTE]

Oh, sure. They'll drop their panties and the next day you find out you've got DRM...

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']It involved buying blue coins multiple times and getting a discount each time, not sure if the IGN thing was involved.[/QUOTE]
It was just buying 20,000 coins (one purchase) for $19.50 and then buying Dishonored from gamersgate.co.uk (where it's just over $23 without any discount, and apparently $19.10 with IGN + G2PO discounts).

Without the 15% you can still buy 20,000 blue coins + 3x1,000 blue coins for roughly $22 (use G2PO code each time) from Gamersgate.com and then buy Dishonored from Gamersgate.co.uk. Still a bit cheaper than GMG was, and that's not including the couple of dollars of store credit you get for purchasing/reviewing/rating it.

For 2K lately, the digital PC panties haven't been dropping as low as the console panties.

Console and PC digital have been more or less equal for Borderlands 2 (AFAIK- I'm not interested in that game so I could be wrong). Max Payne 3 has been much cheaper on console, especially on 360 for some time now. The cheapest XCom for PC is still a few bucks higher than console sales (~$28 to $25). I can't think of any other major 2k release right now but it seems like 2K games aren't getting bigger discounts on PC than console as we're used to.

This is just me but I expect PC downloads to be significantly cheaper than their boxed console counterparts . I went with XCom on PS3 instead of PC for that reason. XCom will definitely get cheaper and I plan on getting it for PC too when it goes under $10, which it will but 2K seems to be just ever so slightly more stubborn about dropping it as fast as I would have expected.

[quote name='Severose']Oh, sure. They'll drop their panties and the next day you find out you've got DRM...[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I just now realized I posted my 2K rant in the GMG thread, not the Steam one.

Hey, we're discussing panty dropping in the context of cheap prices. What was I supposed to think?

I think 2K has become one if not the greatest publisher in the last 2 or 3 years in regards to quality titles they are releasing. Even though the price isn't dropping as fast on the digital titles that we would like. That tells me only one thing. They're still selling well. And rightfully so, they have some great games out there.

Also they probably have more control over digital pricing instead of brick and mortar stores because brick and mortar normally buy in bulk then can do whatever the hell they want with them. Digital is different.

At least 2K isn't Activision and some of there 5 year old games still won't get digitally priced under $10. I'm sure in the next 2-5 months these games we love will be 50%-66% off.

when you take into account that the only competitors to 2K company size wise are EA and activision, there is no contest. 2K is the last hope for gamers everywhere.

[quote name='stupidproz1']I think 2K has become one if not the greatest publisher in the last 2 or 3 years in regards to quality titles they are releasing. Even though the price isn't dropping as fast on the digital titles that we would like. That tells me only one thing. They're still selling well. And rightfully so, they have some great games out there.[/QUOTE]

Man, I just got done listening to this on Invisible Walls (gametrailers.com). #1 thing to be thankful for this holiday (per Shane Satterfield)? 2K

I think we're all looking for some publisher to hold up against EA and Activision and say "see - this is how you make money and earn consumer credibility." 2K is it right now.

[quote name='powersurge']The coupon in the OP still works. Galaxy on Fire 2 HD (steam) for $3.75! GET! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for Galaxy, thanks!

This was tweeted yesterday morning:

Hi all, we've temporarily run out of Dishonored keys due to immense popularity of our deal. We're working to get more but no ETA. -Love GMG

[quote name='vince_carter']Has skyrim ever been cheaper than this?[/QUOTE]

Only physical copies and that was $10 from the Microsoft Store this weekend and $10 from the TRU clearance

[quote name='lolDragoon']This was tweeted yesterday morning:

Hi all, we've temporarily run out of Dishonored keys due to immense popularity of our deal. We're working to get more but no ETA. -Love GMG[/QUOTE]
If you're worried that they may not be back in stock, you can buy Dishonored from GamersGate for about $21.85 if you're willing to jump through a few hoops.

(1) Buy 23,000 blue coins from GamersGate using coupon code G2PO for each coin purchase transaction. Total cost: $21.85 ($23-5%)
(2) Go to Dishonored from Gamersgate.co.uk (not the .com address) and it should be about 23, 870 blue coins. Apply coupon code G2PO to it again. Now it should be about 22,680 blue coins. By the way, your standard .com account login works just fine here. Also, blue coins are universal and it doesn't matter if you bought them from whichever domain.
(3) Pay for Dishonored with your 23,000 blue coins. Get code, activate via Steam.

bread's done
Back