Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Well I've been trying for over an hour(across two days) to checkout and can't get it to work. I'm getting this error every single time:

"Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue."

First of all, they misspelled authorized... just throwing that out there. More importantly I've tried everything I can think of, including using paypal funds directly(so it's not any bank issue), and it's still failing on the final purchase screen.

I've purchased through them no less than 2 times before, with these same accounts and settings... Once that was only about 2 months back... so what's wrong?[/QUOTE]

Exact same here, I've also purchased in the past from them. I recall reading somewhere that this has happened to others at various times as well. Ohh well, I didn't really *need* anymore games as I have a backlog of several hundred...

[quote name='diphu']Exact same here, I've also purchased in the past from them. I recall reading somewhere that this has happened to others at various times as well. Ohh well, I didn't really *need* anymore games as I have a backlog of several hundred...[/QUOTE]

I'd take GMG's statement at face value. (gasp)

As always, complain to your bank. I've worked on semi-major sites that require payment backends and there's no end to the nonsense that can happen even with perfectly valid details. Random blocks are fairly common. As for the banks, their code is even worse frequently relying on a random mashup of half a dozen languages coded years apart.

Hell, my bank decided to flag a linode payment that I've been making for two years non-stop as fraud while letting a 1.2k laptop order from a company I've never done business with before pass without batting an eye. It's a mess.

[quote name='Mooby']They didn't misspell 'authorised' that's the English spelling -- and a perfectly legitimate one.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Authorised is no more of a misspelling than colour, mum, centre, dialogue, or programme.

[quote name='Bios Element']I'd take GMG's statement at face value. (gasp)

As always, complain to your bank...[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to use funds from my paypal account, with no luck. There's no other bank involved here, and paypal has worked fine in the past, and is probably working fine for others.

25% off most games with voucher code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6
Expires Friday, December 14, 7am EST

35% off voucher, good for future purchase, when pre-ordering select games, full list of eligible games

Daily(ish) Deal
Upcoming Daily Deals
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $36 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG40-4DIJU-TT4PB
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition $28 (NOT Steamworks but you get a Steam key from GMG) with voucher code GMG30-06DO3-LTVV9
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare $9.37 (Steamworks)
Dead Island GOTY $4.95 (Steamworks)
[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']I'm trying to use funds from my paypal account, with no luck. There's no other bank involved here, and paypal has worked fine in the past, and is probably working fine for others.[/QUOTE]
You should file a support ticket with GMG, they are the only ones that can give you the answers you are looking for.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']I'm trying to use funds from my paypal account, with no luck. There's no other bank involved here, and paypal has worked fine in the past, and is probably working fine for others.[/QUOTE]

Paypal does the same thing, it's a bank in everything but regulation.

[quote name='Terlan']Any idea on how long the chivalry deal will last or at least when it should kick over to being regularly priced again?[/QUOTE]
7 EST Tuesday morning; will be on sale again Thursday theoretically.

[quote name='Detruire']Exactly. Authorised is no more of a misspelling than colour, mum, centre, dialogue, or programme.[/QUOTE]

Man, just look at all those misspelled words! How are you even allowed to post on the internet! ;)

My favorite, though, is theatre. *sigh* I still feel compelled to apologize to my junior high teacher whenever I see her for what happened during that fateful spelling bee back in the day. None of my actions were justified: yelling/throwing things/setting the school on fire, etc.

[quote name='Motoki']I was always partial to arse myself.[/QUOTE]

Decent short guide to British slang.
Arse - This is a word that doesn't seem to exist in America. It basically means the same as ass, but is much ruder. It is used in phrases like "pain in the arse" (a nuisance) or I "can't be arsed" (I can't be bothered) or you might hear something was "a half arsed attempt" meaning that it was not done properly.

To anyone getting the error I listed before:

I changed computers entirely, and then used directly from paypal funds, and it worked. Then tried to get Chilvalry from that same computer using my bank card and it blocked me again. So for some reason my bank is blocking it now, when it wasn't before, and *somehow* GMG stores(or assigns) the payment failure to your computer. I've cleared *all* my internet history and even tried changing browsers, and for some reason it still gives me that error on this PC, even when using paypal funds. It makes no sense to me.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']To anyone getting the error I listed before:

I changed computers entirely, and then used directly from paypal funds, and it worked. Then tried to get Chilvalry from that same computer using my bank card and it blocked me again. So for some reason my bank is blocking it now, when it wasn't before, and *somehow* GMG stores(or assigns) the payment failure to your computer. I've cleared *all* my internet history and even tried changing browsers, and for some reason it still gives me that error on this PC, even when using paypal funds. It makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Did you try Chrome Incognito? Sometimes it works to trick sites you are on a completely different computer?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Did you try Chrome Incognito? Sometimes it works to trick sites you are on a completely different computer?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I'll try that out next time. I've decided to wait on Chivalry anyway.

Thanks OP, I got Chivalry. Been meaning to get this game for a while.

By the way, I was looking at my games and noticed I had two games (Earth 2160 & Company of Heroes) just added to my library on GMG. Did I miss something or is it a glitch?

25% off most games with voucher code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6
Expires Friday, December 14, 7am EST

35% off voucher, good for future purchase, when pre-ordering select games, full list of eligible games

Daily(ish) Deal
Upcoming Daily Deals
A Game of Dwarves $4 (Steamworks)
War of the Roses $11.25 (Steamworks)
War of the Roses: Digital Deluxe Edition $13.12 (Steamworks)
ARMA II: Combined Operations $19.50 (NOT STEAM) with voucher code GMG35-O90RW-Q2CD2
Fallout: New Vegas $10 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG50-MZRFC-P9H77

Anybody know whats going on with Borderlands 2 Season Pass? I show no price in NA.

Also Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 should be 30% off tomorrow in EU. What price will that be. Will 35% voucher stack with that?

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Anybody know whats going on with Borderlands 2 Season Pass? I show no price in NA.

Also Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 should be 30% off tomorrow in EU. What price will that be. Will 35% voucher stack with that?[/QUOTE]

No because their 30% off will be with a coupon, and you can't use two coupons in a single purchase.

[quote name='hollowfreak']How do steam preorders work with GMG, do we get a key upfront or do we have to wait for it?[/QUOTE]

You have to wait. They're usually sent on release day, or a couple of days before if preload is available for that title.

New Dailies - Batman AC : GOTY $7.49 ($5.62 after 25%) and Risen 2 $9.89 ($7.41'ish after 25%), both Steamworks.

Don't know why I'm biting on Batman, my 360 CE is sitting here staring at me...oh well, double dipping FTW...

[quote name='facls']You have to wait. They're usually sent on release day, or a couple of days before if preload is available for that title.[/QUOTE]

Or more likely, everyone who buys the game on day of release will get the key and folks who pre-ordered will sit there without one waiting for a day or two while GMG gets their key delivery together.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

So BL2 Season pass is supposed to be 30% off tomorrow with a voucher, but we can use the 35% off one today and get it for ~$19.50. Is there any reason to wait? The 35% off expires on the 14th so it shouldn't hurt...the only thing I was waiting on was to see if there was a price adjustment before the voucher went live. The Season Pass has been listed at $23 in the past, but vouchers did not work on that price point.

[quote name='Lexxon']So BL2 Season pass is supposed to be 30% off tomorrow with a voucher, but we can use the 35% off one today and get it for ~$19.50. Is there any reason to wait? The 35% off expires on the 14th so it shouldn't hurt...the only thing I was waiting on was to see if there was a price adjustment before the voucher went live. The Season Pass has been listed at $23 in the past, but vouchers did not work on that price point.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the fence because I'm wondering if Steam will have it for 50% off during the winter sale. Do I chance waiting to save an additional $4.50+? Hmmm, decisions....

AFAIK this is the cheapest Risen 2 has gotten and the price tracking sites seem to back that up. If you like RPGs at all I'd definitely recommend it this price, just know that it's a more story based RPG and isn't completely Sandbox like Skyrim, though the world does open up a lot once you get a ship.

Don't stress over the DLC, the game itself is complete and the DLC just feels tacked on IMO.

Steam is currently selling it for $30 retail so even if it goes 75% off on the Winter sale it won't go significantly lower than the price GMG is selling now when you count the voucher.

Grabbing Risen 2 with the 35% code (might as well use it since it now runs out quick) so $6.43 is a good price. Not as good as Amazon with the student coupon mistake a few weeks ago, but good enough for me!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Grabbed Arkham City GOTY. Going to trade in my PS3 version at GS for $25.[/QUOTE]

I bit on Risen 2, couldnt resist anymore (hope I dont regret since DLC is missing).

I wonder, Batman Arkham City GOTY has a separate key for GOTY DLC or its only one key for game + dlc? Thanks

[quote name='Wario64']Batman is $4.87 with code WINTR-SRVEY-42012[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that!

And sorry to be that guy, but have they loosened any of the three separate forms of DRM that it had at launch (SecuROM, GFWL, Steamworks)?

[quote name='mokmoof']Thanks for that!

And sorry to be that guy, but have they loosened any of the three separate forms of DRM that it had at launch (SecuROM, GFWL, Steamworks)?[/QUOTE]
sadly, no.

[quote name='ochentay4']I bit on Risen 2, couldnt resist anymore (hope I dont regret since DLC is missing).

I wonder, Batman Arkham City GOTY has a separate key for GOTY DLC or its only one key for game + dlc? Thanks[/QUOTE]

One key only

[quote name='SuiCide_KiNg_213']Stupid Question. Whats does Steamworks mean?. Just recently got into PC gaming and I came across the term quite a bit. Any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Steamworks essentially means that when you buy the game, wherever you buy it, you just get a key that you can redeem through Steam (Valve Software's megalithic distribution platform). Some games come with Steam keys but can also be activated and played in other ways, but Steamworks games can only be activated and played through Steam.

Man, I am glad I waited on buying Arkham City! Worked out to $2.50 after I spent the last of my GMG credit. Turns out that credit was pretty good since I also got Kingdoms of Amalur for free! :whistle2:D

I doubt GMG will be giving out $5 in free trade-in credit anytime soon.

All I need is Steam or GMG (too bad Amazon doesn't carry Betheusda) to come through with a killer Skyrim sale and I'm set. Otherwise, I'll have Walking Dead (want $5) and Skyrim (want

Batman:AC is pure awesome. If you liked AA, I think you'll love AC. At $5 the 3-activation limit is easier to stomach. A year ago it was having serious framerate issues in DX11 but ran just fine in DX9.

[quote name='asheskitty']FYI, GMG only allows you to buy a game once per account.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I'm shit out of luck then and GMG won't see any money for me. fuck my bank.

[quote name='nategator']Man, I am glad I waited on buying Arkham City! Worked out to $2.50 after I spent the last of my GMG credit. Turns out that credit was pretty good since I also got Kingdoms of Amalur for free! :whistle2:D

I doubt GMG will be giving out $5 in free trade-in credit anytime soon.

All I need is Steam or GMG (too bad Amazon doesn't carry Betheusda) to come through with a killer Skyrim sale and I'm set. Otherwise, I'll have Walking Dead (want $5) and Skyrim (want

Huh, I now have 2 entries in my Steam Library, one for the regular, and one for the GOTY Arkham City. I guess that means I effectively have 6 activations for it now right? (I owned the game without any DLC, I thought it would just give me the DLC like it usually does and just overwrite the base game)

bread's done
Back