Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='nosferatu51']I can click on View Keys for the Cave or My Keys and neither have it. It's acting like it should be there though. Anyone else have an issue?

**I realize the release date says 1/23, but I assumed that was UK time. Bad assumption?[/QUOTE]

The game won't be available on Steam until Wednesday at 3 PM Eastern US time. I got an email with my key on Tuesday and it also shows up in my list of keys at GMG. When did you preorder it?

[quote name='Idiotekque']This looks interesting for $0.64. Actually has pretty good reviews and is likened to Mount & Blade. Plus that sexy bitch Joan of Arc is in it. Those graphics though... Released in 2012. I have to laugh at that.

Maybe I'll install Capsule to play it. Maybe.[/QUOTE]

I bought that game at least 8 years ago, it's a Dynasty Warriors kinda game for pc. Back then it was good, now you can go with DW6 and that's it.

i know i could wait for a steam sale but getting Omerta: City of gangsters for 40% and get $3 gmg credit for $25.50 i couldnt resist and been watching gameplay videos and looks like my type of game. empire build and tactical combat similar to xcom. Also i love the tropico series so it should be good.

anyone else getting it? also i wonder if gmg will give the steam keys early if we can pre-load the game.

FYI, the SEGA Retro Bundle is on sale at 75% off for $21.08 (prior to voucher):
  • Jet Set Radio
  • NiGHTS into DREAMS
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Space Channel 5 Part 2
  • Crazy Taxi
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 1
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 2
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 3
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 4
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 5
I'm also excited for the 25th according to their blog...
(Been waiting on Condemned at a good price. Someone tell KaOTiK he can stop beating the orphans. ;))

Condemned has been on sale a bunch of times before. But I say the more the merrier. More people need to experience this amazing game. (imo)

I bought MDC4. I can wait on Nights going down in price more even though 5$ is an amazing price

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Sometimes I wonder why Sega doesn't push to license or release some of their other Dreamcast games.[/QUOTE]

i'd pay full retail for a shenmue port

[quote name='Neuro5i5']FYI, the SEGA Retro Bundle is on sale at 75% off for $21.08 (prior to voucher):
  • Jet Set Radio
  • NiGHTS into DREAMS
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Space Channel 5 Part 2
  • Crazy Taxi
(Been waiting on Condemned at a good price. Someone tell KaOTiK he can stop beating the orphans. ;))[/QUOTE]

Is this a single steam key or individual keys ?

Got my keys for DmC earlier today. When I added the keys to my Steam library, it only seemed to download for a few seconds before saying "Pre-load complete". Wouldn't be surprised if I have to download the rest after the game launches.

Anyone know if its easy to get refund on a pre-order? I pre-ordered the South Park game from GMG (which of course means they already took my money) but with all the THQ/Ubisoft madness today, i think i'd just rather get my money back than risk how the game might be changed to meet "ubisoft standards".

[quote name='mkaliaz']Anyone know if its easy to get refund on a pre-order? I pre-ordered the South Park game from GMG (which of course means they already took my money) but with all the THQ/Ubisoft madness today, i think i'd just rather get my money back than risk how the game might be changed to meet "ubisoft standards".[/QUOTE]

No clue what will happen in this situation, but GMG isn't authorized to sell Ubisoft games to North America. That kinda makes that extra awkard. :dunce:

The acquisition bids still need to be approved by the bankruptcy court. I imagine the new owners will start tacking these issues next week.

[quote name='asheskitty']No clue what will happen in this situation, but GMG isn't authorized to sell Ubisoft games to North America. That kinda makes that extra awkard. :dunce:

The acquisition bids still need to be approved by the bankruptcy court. I imagine the new owners will start tacking these issues next week.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, didn't realize the Ubisoft/NA thing. Your right. That makes this even more screwy.

Not meaning to start ranting, but this is why its pretty BS for GMG to take people's money on a pre-order when there is a potential for things like this to occur.

[quote name='groz24']I'd be all over a Skies of Arcadia port. One of the most fun games I played on the Gamecube.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see some PC ports of Shenmue series and Skies of Arcadia.
Never played those...

[quote name='Fluxy']on the first page it says virtua tennis is 2.99.... how is it 2.99, the only coupon i see is 20% off[/QUOTE]

That sale ended two days ago I think.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']An incredible n00b question but if I buy Sonic Generations on my laptop, can this be transferred when I buy a proper desktop that'll run it?[/QUOTE]

Sonic Generations flat-out REQUIRES Steam.
You have to tie the key to your Steam account.

Any PC you activate Steam on - you can install, redownload, or do whatever you want for w/ the games you own for self-usage.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']An incredible n00b question but if I buy Sonic Generations on my laptop, can this be transferred when I buy a proper desktop that'll run it?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but you'll probably have to actually prove that you're friends with Sonic for them to let you do that.

[quote name='MysterD']Sonic Generations flat-out REQUIRES Steam.
You have to tie the key to your Steam account.

Any PC you activate Steam on - you can install, redownload, or do whatever you want for w/ the games you own for self-usage.[/QUOTE]
Sweet! Thanks!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yes, but you'll probably have to actually prove that you're friends with Sonic for them to let you do that.[/QUOTE]
No one ever believes I'm really his friend. :whistle2:(

Dammit, If only I could figure out how to get steam to stop giving me a blue screen of death everytime I try to download a game.......I havent been able to play a PC game in forever because of that crap and google doesnt help at all.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']
Someone tell KaOTiK he can stop beating the orphans.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I'm surprised someone remembered I've been beating the orphans :D

[quote name='Neuro5i5']FYI, the SEGA Retro Bundle is on sale at 75% off for $21.08 (prior to voucher):
  • Jet Set Radio
  • NiGHTS into DREAMS
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Space Channel 5 Part 2
  • Crazy Taxi
(Been waiting on Condemned at a good price. Someone tell KaOTiK he can stop beating the orphans. ;))[/QUOTE]

meh at the sega retro bundle. You could get the same games on amazon for 10$ in december.

75$ of Condemned is sexy as hell, though.

[quote name='KaOTiK']LOL, I'm surprised someone remembered I've been beating the orphans :D[/QUOTE]

Yes and no, some people like to ignore an inconvenient truth. I ran into some film students Monday working on a Kony 2012 KaOTiK 2013 video to raise awareness. ;)

Speaking of which. How about taking up the cause for a Viva Pinata deal? :D

[quote name='asheskitty']Yes and no, some people like to ignore an inconvenient truth. I ran into some film students Monday working on a Kony 2012 KaOTiK 2013 video to raise awareness. ;)

Speaking of which. How about taking up the cause for a Viva Pinata deal? :D[/QUOTE]

lol :D Do they even have that on Amazon yet? Hmmm

[quote name='mkaliaz']Anyone know if its easy to get refund on a pre-order? I pre-ordered the South Park game from GMG (which of course means they already took my money) but with all the THQ/Ubisoft madness today, i think i'd just rather get my money back than risk how the game might be changed to meet "ubisoft standards".[/QUOTE]
I don't think there's a problem getting refunds on preorders at GMG, as long as they haven't issued your key yet. Give it a shot.

I've read of someone requesting a refund and they didn't respond til a few days later, after the key was issued. Not sure what happened with that.

Does anyone know when on Friday the Condemned deal actually goes live? I don't want to miss it ... even though this'll be my 3rd time buying it digitally, 2nd time it was in a bundle and it was the only one without a steam key.

Edit: Thanks Stonekeep.

Last edited by a moderator:
GMG's blog was a bit off with their info. Those 75%-off deals for Friday (Condemned, Renegade Ops, etc.) are live now.

Condemned is an instant-buy for $3. Bashing in a mentally unstable bum's head with a lead pipe has never been so satisfying.

[quote name='Insomniac_34']GMG's blog was a bit off with their info. Those 75%-off deals for Friday (Condemned, Renegade Ops, etc.) are live now.

Condemned is an instant-buy for $3. Bashing in a mentally unstable bum's head with a lead pipe has never been so satisfying.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Bought it from my mobile :D

[quote name='Insomniac_34']GMG's blog was a bit off with their info. Those 75%-off deals for Friday (Condemned, Renegade Ops, etc.) are live now.

Condemned is an instant-buy for $3. Bashing in a mentally unstable bum's head with a lead pipe has never been so satisfying.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, I might have missed them otherwise. Bought Asgard with some credit I had rolling around. I see you guys talking up Condemned but I can't get a good feel for what the game is about.

[quote name='hal']Already has Asgard, Hell Yeah!, and Renegade Ops.

Condemned for $3 was an easy buy.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting Condemned as well, can't pass it up at that price. Have you played Hell Yeah! or Asgard yet? I'm debating between which one I should get out of those two

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I'm getting Condemned as well, can't pass it up at that price. Have you played Hell Yeah! or Asgard yet? I'm debating between which one I should get out of those two[/QUOTE]

I played the Hell Yeah demo on steam. As a platformer I was underimpressed. It wasn't bad, it just didn't appeal to me. I understand some people like the art/humor of it, I am not in that set. IIRC jumping was a tad floaty.

I have Viking. I've played through the first third of it (3 islands, I finished the first) in 5-6 hours. It's an okay ARPG. The Norse mythology is a nice change from the usual. It doesn't do anything wrong, it just lacks that certain pull. It got a significant graphical overhaul in the PC port (though don't expect anything special, but way better than middling 360 graphics). It is 30 FPS capped.

At the price, I don't think you can go wrong with either if they appeal to you.

It is capped at 30fps and badly optimized, and the controls are awkward.
Still a good game, but Spartan was better.
256px-SpartanTWbox.jpg

bread's done
Back