Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I'm getting Condemned as well, can't pass it up at that price. Have you played Hell Yeah! or Asgard yet? I'm debating between which one I should get out of those two[/QUOTE]
I got Asgard a month back, and I had a lot of fun with it. For that price it should be very easy to get your moneys worth of enjoyment out of it. Also I heard it was badly optimized but I never had a single issue or crash with it.

[quote name='Stonekeep']The engine was badly optimized. And the controls... but I've already said that.[/QUOTE]
Well I played with a 360 pad so I didn't have any issues with the controls so I can't really comment on that.

[quote name='LazyTriangle'] Have you played Hell Yeah! or Asgard yet? [/QUOTE]

Oh no, not at all. They are on The Great Backlog Pile.

For the record, Viking runs 25-30 FPS with AA on low on my GTX 260. Poorly optimized, yes, but in practical terms it doesn't matter. I played with a controller just fine -- no clue on the funky controls complaint.

[quote name='vince_carter']well that's lame[/QUOTE]
image.php

So what's up with it telling me the 20% off code is invalid?

EDIT: Never mind. Copy/paste was putting an extra space after the code which messed things up. Condemned is bought, what's the word on Viking? Yay or nay?

LOTR: War in the North for $4 after coupon. Looks to be somewhat mediocre but as an avid LOTR fan, I'll probably enjoy it. Is it worth picking up now, considering that it'll probably be a while before I get around to it? Or is there any chance it goes cheaper in the near future?

[quote name='aronater']LOTR: War in the North for $4 after coupon. Looks to be somewhat mediocre but as an avid LOTR fan, I'll probably enjoy it. Is it worth picking up now, considering that it'll probably be a while before I get around to it? Or is there any chance it goes cheaper in the near future?[/QUOTE]

This is the cheapest it's ever been I think and the only other time it was this price before was the same situation, $4.99 sale with 20% off at GMG.

[quote name='aronater']LOTR: War in the North for $4 after coupon. Looks to be somewhat mediocre but as an avid LOTR fan, I'll probably enjoy it. Is it worth picking up now, considering that it'll probably be a while before I get around to it? Or is there any chance it goes cheaper in the near future?[/QUOTE]

It has a decent reputation for being an enjoyable ARPG with coop.

[quote name='theemadgamer']wha? the Friday sale is over??[/QUOTE]

Seems like it...I was just going to check out the games and see what I wanted, but they all went up in price.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']Seems like it...I was just going to check out the games and see what I wanted, but they all went up in price.[/QUOTE]

24-hr sales start/end at 1600GMT. Friday's sale ended 90m ago.

Definitely worth the price. If you're looking for a competent ARPG and you're a fan of LOTR it's a no-brainer. I've played it through once and intend to go through a second time with a different character.

[quote name='hal']Definitely worth the price. If you're looking for a competent ARPG and you're a fan of LOTR it's a no-brainer. I've played it through once and intend to go through a second time with a different character.[/QUOTE]

Good enough for me, I'll prolly pick it up.

Just noticed the Spellforce collection. Sorry if it's been discussed before in this thread (been real busy at work and haven't been able to keep up), but is there a general consensus on it at this price?

Thanks

[quote name='jkimrey']Just noticed the Spellforce collection. Sorry if it's been discussed before in this thread (been real busy at work and haven't been able to keep up), but is there a general consensus on it at this price?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

No idea which one you're talking about. Spellforce 1 Platinum (steam) had been $1 on the IndieGala Store.

If anyone could help me purchase lord of the rings war in the north i would greatly appreciate it. I can pay via paypal or amazon gift card code.

[quote name='soulkyo']During the Winter sales it was 9.99 with BAA on Amazon, so it was like 5 a piece. Still, great deal on GMG. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Yes. And $7.50 is the lowest I've seen AC:GOTY solo. Imo, the problem with that bundle is that I really can't believe there are too many people interested in AC that don't already have AA (it's been $5 for years).

[quote name='asheskitty']Yes. And $7.50 is the lowest I've seen AC:GOTY solo. Imo, the problem with that bundle is that I really can't believe there are too many people interested in AC that don't already have AA (it's been $5 for years).[/QUOTE]

But they were separate keys, weren't they? You could just sell AA to a CAG that didn't have it (like me back then :lol:)

They should have been separate keys. That'd be too much hassle for me. I have a really low tolerance for bipeds. ...and PayPal hates me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']They should have been separate keys. That'd be too much hassle for me. I have a really low tolerance for bipeds. ...and PayPal hates me.[/QUOTE]

Lol, in my case I hate PayPal. I can't gift money, only send for goods or services. The taxes kill my CAG's sole purpose.

How is the LotR: War in the North PC version? I rented it on 360 when it came out and had a pretty good time playing it solo as the dwarf. Would be cool to go through it again in co-op on PC. Not if it's super bad port though.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']How is the LotR: War in the North PC version? I rented it on 360 when it came out and had a pretty good time playing it solo as the dwarf. Would be cool to go through it again in co-op on PC. Not if it's super bad port though.[/QUOTE]

It has some stuttering issues with some AMD cards, but I fixed that on my PC by playing in windowed mode. I also had to use Tunngle to get the online multiplayer working properly with my friends, but other than that.. It's a decent port. Runs at a stable 60+ FPS.

[quote name='soulkyo']During the Winter sales it was 9.99 with BAA on Amazon, so it was like 5 a piece. Still, great deal on GMG. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it just standard Arkham City in the bundle, though?

[quote name='bshirk']Wasn't it just standard Arkham City in the bundle, though?[/QUOTE]
IIRC, there was a AA GOTY+AC GOTY bundle, and an AA GOTY + AC vanilla + Mortal Kombat Kollection bundle.

[quote name='Detruire']IIRC, there was a AA GOTY+AC GOTY bundle, and an AA GOTY + AC vanilla + Mortal Kombat Kollection bundle.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I checked my Amazon page and got AA GOTY and AC Vanilla for $7.50. I think was during a Gamespot show or something.

[quote name='Mooby']For a day, maybe two during the big winter sales on Amazon they were selling AA GOTY + AC GOTY for $10.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks, that explains it.

Guys, any of you are having problems buying in GMG?.
Im trying to buy two games for like 3 hours now and the payment process gives me an error.
I already called my bank and visa and they told me that everything is fine, they never received an authorization request from GMG.
Any of you are having similar problems?

Thanks!

[quote name='ddearce']Guys, any of you are having problems buying in GMG?.
Im trying to buy two games for like 3 hours now and the payment process gives me an error.
I already called my bank and visa and they told me that everything is fine, they never received an authorization request from GMG.
Any of you are having similar problems?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

FWIW, I've been able to resolve all of my payment-related issues on the GMG website by disabling Ad-Block and NoScript and then going through checkout again. So if you use either of those, try temporarily disabling them and see if that helps.

Hi, thank you for your answers.
I opened a ticket in GMG, they answer me : "we made some amendments to your account" and asked me to try again.
I did, and I manage to get "sword of stars 2", but when i tried to get Alan Wake the same error pop up.
So, it seems that is something in their end, so, if anyone is having similar issues, report it via the support section.

bread's done
Back