Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I never tried. I just used it KB/M and it felt fine for me.[/QUOTE]
A driving game? Fine on KB/M? I want some of what you're smoking, man.

[quote name='Idiotekque']A driving game? Fine on KB/M? I want some of what you're smoking, man.[/QUOTE]

Well I think Motoki got it running using his wireless x-box wheel so you might want to ask him.

[quote name='Idiotekque']A driving game? Fine on KB/M? I want some of what you're smoking, man.[/QUOTE]

I'm 35 years old. I just bought a gamepad about a year ago. Until then, EVERYTHING was Kb+M. Everything was great, but couldn't enjoy games like Dirt or Grid properly. Games like Need for Speed were ok with Kb+M, but not the "hard" ones.

Now, I must recognize I love playing with the gamepad. I takes some time to get used to it (My last console was a SNES) but is worth it. That beign said, I'll NEVER play a FPS with a gamepad.

[quote name='juanjava']I'm 35 years old. I just bought a gamepad about a year ago. Until then, EVERYTHING was Kb+M. Everything was great, but couldn't enjoy games like Dirt or Grid properly. Games like Need for Speed were ok with Kb+M, but not the "hard" ones.

Now, I must recognize I love playing with the gamepad. I takes some time to get used to it (My last console was a SNES) but is worth it. That beign said, I'll NEVER play a FPS with a gamepad.[/QUOTE]
I love KB/M, but I just can't play racing games and platformers without a controller.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I love KB/M, but I just can't play racing games and platformers without a controller.[/QUOTE]

Same.

Add FIGHTING games to the list, too - i.e. Street Fighter series; MK series.

[quote name='MysterD']Same.

Add FIGHTING games to the list, too - i.e. Street Fighter series; MK series.[/QUOTE]
Right, same here. Guilty Gear X2 local multiplayer with Xbox controllers; awesome.

[quote name='zenii']How is the online community? I was interested in that game too, but I don't want to buy it only to find out that nobody plays anymore...[/QUOTE]

seems like games fill up fast, Ive been playing in the lower bracket so perhaps things are different at higher levels. Im not too sure however, Ive just put in a few hours at this point still a lot im trying to get adjusted to.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I own the American release of Euro Truck Simulator, known here as Big Rig Europe:

www.amazon.com/Meridian4-1611-Big-Europe-Download/dp/B0030EFV98

I've played it for a few hours and I'm not really sure I would recommend the first at all. I mean I enjoyed it for the awful driving physics, but if you are looking for a big rig simulator that drives well this is not the one. Otherwise it is semi-sim in that you need to pump gas and things like that, but unless you can appreciate bad games I would not recommend the first.

Now, they could have made vast improvements in the second, but I highly doubt it.

The best big rig sim I've played so far is Rig n Roll and I would recommend that one if you are in the mood for a big rig game.[/QUOTE]

I think ETS2 is vastly improved, from what I've read.

PC Gamer gave it a great review: http://www.pcgamer.com/review/euro-truck-simulator-2-review/
As did Destructoid: http://www.destructoid.com/review-euro-truck-simulator-2-243592.phtml

Seems the economic system and leveling and stuff is highly compelling.

I can play fighting games better on keyboards then controllers, personally.

MK especially is easy for me with the keyboard, as far as fighters go. The numpad layout is a perfect match for the MK button configuration.

It goes fight stick -> keyboard -> controllers. I just can't, for the life of me, do stuff like f,d,d/f, f,d,d/f well with gamepads.

While I'm usually in the camp of kb+m for FPSes, Borderlands 2 controls better with a controller.

[quote name='mrsamsa']I think ETS2 is vastly improved, from what I've read.

PC Gamer gave it a great review: http://www.pcgamer.com/review/euro-truck-simulator-2-review/
As did Destructoid: http://www.destructoid.com/review-euro-truck-simulator-2-243592.phtml

Seems the economic system and leveling and stuff is highly compelling.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, those reviews make is sound really good. I'll probably try to finish the first one though and then get this one later on when it's like $5. Who knows, maybe it will be bundled...lol

[quote name='elessar123']I can play fighting games better on keyboards then controllers, personally.

MK especially is easy for me with the keyboard, as far as fighters go. The numpad layout is a perfect match for the MK button configuration.

It goes fight stick -> keyboard -> controllers. I just can't, for the life of me, do stuff like f,d,d/f, f,d,d/f well with gamepads.

While I'm usually in the camp of kb+m for FPSes, Borderlands 2 controls better with a controller.[/QUOTE]

off topic a bit, but I just got MK for my vita, control scheme is great, analog stick is a bit too touchy at times but once i settled into the game, everything is feeling very very natural.

[quote name='huldrelok']off topic a bit, but I just got MK for my vita, control scheme is great, analog stick is a bit too touchy at times but once i settled into the game, everything is feeling very very natural.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was really great too. One of the few fighting games I try and do the extra stuff in and I was super freaking proud when I beat the bonus challenge tower, my girlfriend didnt seem to understand my elation when I finished the last challenge

[quote name='ddearce']King's Bounty : The Legend is at 2.49 (I think you can apply the 20% off code) should i get it? its been a bundle of King's Bounty or at least the platinum version on sale?

What do you think Cag's, it is worth it?[/QUOTE]

It was bundled. I think it was indiegala. You can check the trading forum for better prices. But whatever you decide, is a good purchase. King's bounty series is high on my top list of games. Just be sure to like the genre first

[quote name='juanjava']It was bundled. I think it was indiegala. You can check the trading forum for better prices. But whatever you decide, is a good purchase. King's bounty series is high on my top list of games. Just be sure to like the genre first[/QUOTE]

It was in Indie Gala 11 and Be Mine 5. For that reason, I'd say wait. This game is definitely bound to end up in another bundle.

Thank you all for your answers!.
I think im gonna get the bundle of Indie Gala, i like the genere, it's been a while since I played something similar, the latest similar game I can remeber is Final Fantasy Tactics.. god i loved that game... and the soundtrack.. ohhh lord the soundtrack.

Is GMG ever going to let any of the free games from a few weeks ago be traded in? Or is this the new normal, with that last previous free game still not tradable.

[quote name='Rirse']Is GMG ever going to let any of the free games from a few weeks ago be traded in? Or is this the new normal, with that last previous free game still not tradable.[/QUOTE]

They've made freebies trade-inable before, but they're usually only like 25c - $1 tops.

[quote name='ddearce']Thank you all for your answers!.
I think im gonna get the bundle of Indie Gala, i like the genere, it's been a while since I played something similar, the latest similar game I can remeber is Final Fantasy Tactics.. god i loved that game... and the soundtrack.. ohhh lord the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]
I'm a huge FFT fan, and I'd have to say that King's Bounty feels very very little like FFT. That said, I love King's Bounty too.

I bought the Platinum Edition for $2.50 ages ago (before it was ever in all these bundles), and I'd say the games are worth way more than what you can get them for. I've easily got 100 hours into the Legend and I haven't even finished it. There is a ridiculous amount of stuff to do, especially if you fight all the enemies (like I do).

I think every single game that they gave away has been made trade-able in the past, except for Earth 2160. Most, if not all the freebies from last week will probably be made trade-able, just give it more time (as in 2-3 more weeks).

[quote name='spoderman']I think every single game that they gave away has been made trade-able in the past, except for Earth 2160. Most, if not all the freebies from last week will probably be made trade-able, just give it more time (as in 2-3 more weeks).[/QUOTE]

As far as I can see, GMG seems to be moving away from its trading gimmick. All the games I have left on there are worth $0.50 each (including some "non-trivial" games I actually bought like Tomb Raider Anniversary). I think they are fnding that they are making much more money through big markdowns & cash back on pre-orders than with nickel-and-dime trade-ins. So I would not expect each of these games to be worth more than $0.50, if that.

Deals of the Week:

NBA 2K13 is 60% off until 1700 GMT February 19th (tomorrow!)

From 1700 GMT February 19th, Borderlands 2 will be 60% off for 24 hours! Plus when you buy it you'll get a voucher for 30% off of any one Borderlands 2 or XCOM Enemy Unknown DLC.

From 1700 GMT February 20th, XCOM Enemy Unknown will be 60% off for 24 hours! Plus when you buy it you'll get a voucher for 30% off of any one Borderlands 2 or XCOM Enemy Unknown DLC.

For the savviest bargain-hunters out there, other deals available until 1700 GMT February 22nd include:

Civilization V: Gods & Kings - $7.49
Outcry - $3.23
Dark Sector - $2.48
Gear Grinder - $0.99
Trapped Dead - $2.48
Deadly 30 - $1.23
Faces of War - $2.49
The Mark - $1.23
AirBuccaneers - $7.49
Zeno Clash - $2.49

For the full range of deals make sure to check out the website yourself! You may even be able to use our voucher too.

[quote name='ddearce']King's Bounty : The Legend is at 2.49 (I think you can apply the 20% off code) should i get it? its been a bundle of King's Bounty or at least the platinum version on sale?

What do you think Cag's, it is worth it?[/QUOTE]

Crossworlds has never been in a bundle. Tony had Platinum for $6 10-12 months ago.

[quote name='Rirse']Is GMG ever going to let any of the free games from a few weeks ago be traded in? Or is this the new normal, with that last previous free game still not tradable.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually more interesting in playing these ones. And sheesh, it was what, a whole week ago.

[quote name='asheskitty']Crossworlds has never been in a bundle. Tony had Platinum for $6 10-12 months ago.[/QUOTE]
Tony actually had it for $5 and it gave a $5 coupon towards another 1C game, so it was basically $2.50. That's where I bought it ages ago.

[quote name='hal']D'oh!

Got excited by the XCOM sale. I checked my Steam library and, well, you know the rest...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you figure you have more than enough in your backlog and can wait until some later sale.

Good for you, exercising some willpower. I daresay I and many others here could take inspiration from your strength.

:applause:

GMG still hasn't fixed my payment issues (I can't even pay by Paypal for whatever reason). Is there anyone that can buy NBA 2k13 for me if I Paypal gift them $10? It's $9.60 after the coupon.

[quote name='gilby']Yeah, you figure you have more than enough in your backlog and can wait until some later sale.

Good for you, exercising some willpower. I daresay I and many others here could take inspiration from your strength.

:applause:[/QUOTE]

I read that as, "checked my Steam library" and I already owned it :doh:.

[quote name='asheskitty']I read that as, "checked my Steam library" and I already owned it :doh:.[/QUOTE]

That's the joke!

[quote name='Gxray']GMG still hasn't fixed my payment issues (I can't even pay by Paypal for whatever reason). Is there anyone that can buy NBA 2k13 for me if I Paypal gift them $10? It's $9.60 after the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I knew I should've used a different payment method...Oh well. I heard there were many features from the PC version anyway...

[quote name='asheskitty']I read that as, "checked my Steam library" and I already owned it :doh:.[/QUOTE]

It used to bother me when I did that, now I just laugh cause it happens so often.....wait, I think that's worse. :cry:

[quote name='bshirk']$1.60 for Disciples II Gold. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

I can finally save 40cent from it, bought! I think that I should grab Imperium Romanum as well...

I'm a big fan of Disciples 2....bought the original back in the day. Getting it for cheap as well, as I didn't buy the indie bundles as didn't like half the stuff in those bundles. For 1+ you can do much worse, though it is a bit dated now.

[quote name='shrinerr']Cheapy tweeted out 3 hours ago that BL2 would be 19.20 with code, so price is correct.[/QUOTE]

Is this the cheapest BL2 (PC) has been?

I just wanted to say, that the "payment process error" at GMG is getting annoying.
Every time... every time...

[quote name='bshirk']Does anyone recommend Dark Sector for $1.99?[/QUOTE]

How much is your time worth? Its not even a terrible game, but there are much better and still affordable games

Dark Sector was one of the first decent gears of war clones. It was decent but not as good as Gears of War 1. It was worth playing 5 years ago and had a neat glave mechanic. It did drag on quite a bit even back then and I struggled to finish it. In 2013, I'd say you should pass. Pick up Binary Domain or Spec ops for a few bucks more.

Of course I value my time more than money so take it for what it's worth.

I think it's certainly worth that price. I got it when it came out and enjoyed the campaign enough to complete it twice for achievements. The multiplayer was awful but I doubt there's even anybody playing it now.

bread's done
Back