Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Woodlands']Confirmed: Tomb Raider is one key.[/QUOTE]

Well, that kind of bites...
...since I own most of Crystal Dynamics TR games since Anniversary (from Retail) + also LC: GOL from Steam.
Only TR by CD that I don't own is TR 2013.
I am missing ALL of the Core-developed TR's.

[quote name='etcrane']Hmm, Tomb Raider is sold out .. anyone think it will come back in stock before the end of the sale?[/QUOTE]

It's been sold out once already and was restocked, might happen again.

[quote name='etcrane']Hmm, Tomb Raider is sold out .. anyone think it will come back in stock before the end of the sale?[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't, I wouldn't stress it. It's been $12.50 before, and with TR 2013 out they have more reason to discount the older ones. I feel confident we'll see it at at $12.50 on the Steam Summer Sale in 8-10 weeks.

[quote name='asheskitty']I feel confident we'll see it at at $12.50 on the Steam Summer Sale in 8-10 weeks.[/QUOTE]
That bundle isn't available on the Steam store any longer.

[quote name='asheskitty']If it doesn't, I wouldn't stress it. It's been $12.50 before, and with TR 2013 out they have more reason to discount the older ones. I feel confident we'll see it at at $12.50 on the Steam Summer Sale in 8-10 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Square-Enix is VERY aggressive at price-slashing, so I look forward to seeing TR Collection & TR 2013 price-drop or hit a big-time sale... ;)

[quote name='Detruire']That isn't same as the GMG bundle.[/QUOTE]

It's better! When that hits 75% off, it'll be $17.50 for all the TR including the latest. :mrgreen:

[quote name='eXTechno']The Voucher ends May 13[/QUOTE]

Meaningless, GMG has nearly constantly had some code for 20% or more for over six months.

[quote name='asheskitty']If it doesn't, I wouldn't stress it. It's been $12.50 before, and with TR 2013 out they have more reason to discount the older ones. I feel confident we'll see it at at $12.50 on the Steam Summer Sale in 8-10 weeks.[/QUOTE]

He was talking about Tomb Raider 2013 being OOS

[quote name='spoderman']He was talking about Tomb Raider 2013 being OOS[/QUOTE]

#-o

...but it's Square Enix... it's going to be $10 in no time...

~*confusedkitty*~

This may have been answered already.

You get Bound in Blood for free if you pre-order the new Call of Juarez game, is the BiB voucher for a Capsule version or a steam version?

[quote name='emwearz']This may have been answered already.

You get Bound in Blood for free if you pre-order the new Call of Juarez game, is the BiB voucher for a Capsule version or a steam version?[/QUOTE]

I'm not positive but I'd assume Capsule. The copy of "Risen" I got for preordering Dead Island Riptide was for Capsule yet their actual store page for Risen has the steam version available to buy.

[quote name='asheskitty']#-o

~*confusedkitty*~[/QUOTE]

[looks at my watch]

Wait - is it (no) time yet?
Is TR 2013 $10 yet...? ;)

[quote name='asheskitty']#-o

~*confusedkitty*~[/QUOTE]

... $10 with some other SE games... Squeenix pack v2 FTW!

I just wished the Tomb Raider Collection deal wasn't that insane...

Now I'll have (again) to buy games I'm never going to play :p (I'm not even sure TR I,II and III aged quite well).

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I don't know if anyone else saw this but GMG now carries a Mafia II complete pack.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/mafia-ii-complete-pack/

Crossing my figures that it hits 75% off![/QUOTE]

The GMG homepage is advertising it for 78% off at 11.65 (which would bring it to $9.32 with the discount code). Of course, when you go to the Mafia 2 store page, it still shows it at being full price. Perhaps the sale hasn't kicked in yet?

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']The GMG homepage is advertising it for 78% off at 11.65 (which would bring it to $9.32 with the discount code). Of course, when you go to the Mafia 2 store page, it still shows it at being full price. Perhaps the sale hasn't kicked in yet?[/QUOTE]
Holy fuck! I am SO jumping all over this deal! Just wish it was the Digital Deluxe Edition instead of the regular, but WHO CARES for less than $10! :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

Edit: Deal is LIVE! $9.32 for this collection is epic! For those wondering, you get separate Steam keys for the base games and DLCs (7 keys total).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD'][looks at my watch]

Wait - is it (no) time yet?
Is TR 2013 $10 yet...? ;)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, this waiting is taking far longer than my attention span, let's hack into their computers to set the GMG clock forward by two months. :lol:

[quote name='juanjava']... $10 with some other SE games... Squeenix pack v2 FTW![/QUOTE]

This! :mrgreen:

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I don't know if anyone else saw this but GMG now carries a Mafia II complete pack.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/mafia-ii-complete-pack/

Crossing my figures that it hits 75% off![/QUOTE]

Ooh, nice find! ~$10 complete is okay, but honestly kinda high for an almost 3-year old game that wasn't received very well.

...it also reminds me that I should finally play Mafia 1, now that my computer's good enough. :lol: I actually have it installed! It's aged very well.

I know this isn't the best place for this but it has worked before with no complaints. I just bought the XCOM/NBA2K13 pack for $16.24. I have no interest in NBA so if anybody wants it for around $8 PP I'll email you the Steam key, just PM me. Thanks.

[quote name='asheskitty']...it also reminds me that I should finally play Mafia 1, now that my computer's good enough. :lol: I actually have it installed! It's aged very well.[/QUOTE]

Great, great game! When I played it about two years ago it was on a 4-5 year old PC so I don't think you'd have any problems running it on any recent PC. For Mafia II on the other hand, I'm waiting till I upgrade my PC this summer (still runs but sort of stutters occasionally).

[quote name='asheskitty']
...it also reminds me that I should finally play Mafia 1, now that my computer's good enough. :lol: I actually have it installed! It's aged very well.[/QUOTE]

Mafia 1 is great - what are you waiting for? :p

EDIT:
[quote name='seamoss']Great, great game! When I played it about two years ago it was on a 4-5 year old PC so I don't think you'd have any problems running it on any recent PC. For Mafia II on the other hand, I'm waiting till I upgrade my PC this summer (still runs but sort of stutters occasionally).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I thought Mafia 1 was fantastic.
I really liked Mafia 2 (base game w/ no DLC) - but w/ so much of a big world, it should've been filled in w/ side-quest stuff to do...

[quote name='MysterD']I really liked Mafia 2 (base game w/ no DLC) - but w/ so much of a big world, it should've been filled in w/ side-quest stuff to do...[/QUOTE]

I must be the last person on this planet that doesn't mind (and many times actually prefers) a linear game, assuming it has a good story. Frankly, I got bored with GTA3 half-way through...

[quote name='seamoss']I must be the last person on this planet that doesn't mind (and many times actually prefers) a linear game, assuming it has a good story. Frankly, I got bored with GTA3 half-way through...[/QUOTE]
I have no problem w/ a linear game - I liked most of the COD's & Max Payne series.
It just felt w/ such a big map and game-world, there could've and should've been side-stuff to do in Mafia 2.
But, yeah - Mafia 2 did tell a really good story.

[quote name='seamoss']I must be the last person on this planet that doesn't mind (and many times actually prefers) a linear game, assuming it has a good story. Frankly, I got bored with GTA3 half-way through...[/QUOTE]

You're not, I'm way more likely to finish a linear game with a decent story than an open-world one.

I like them both... it really depends what I'm in the mood for. I find that in open-world games, I tend to get lost a bit and just mess around with the side quests rather than actually completing the main story missions. Linear games force me to stay on the main path, and I'm usually fine with that, as long as there's a reason to go back and replay the game later (to complete challenges, find the items I missed, or simply because the story/gameplay is so awesome that I want to experience it again).

The thing about open world games is that you can play them linearly if you wish. That's the beauty of them. Also, plenty of RPGs are technically open world so maybe it's open world action games you guys don't like?

[quote name='The End']If you bite, let us know if it's a unified key.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mephistox3120']Edit: Deal is LIVE! $9.32 for this collection is epic! For those wondering, you get separate Steam keys for the base games and DLCs (7 keys total).[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it isn't.

[quote name='mephistox3120']
Edit: Deal is LIVE! $9.32 for this collection is epic! For those wondering, you get separate Steam keys for the base games and DLCs (7 keys total).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The End']If you bite, let us know if it's a unified key.[/QUOTE]

Its been confirmed as separate keys on the previous page through an edited post, I'll just quote it here so it isn't as hidden.

[quote name='Detruire']Sounds like it isn't.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='akmgmer']Its been confirmed as separate keys on the previous page through an edited post, I'll just quote it here so it isn't as hidden.[/QUOTE]

Oh cool. Thanks guys.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The thing about open world games is that you can play them linearly if you wish. That's the beauty of them. Also, plenty of RPGs are technically open world so maybe it's open world action games you guys don't like?[/QUOTE]

It's just the "I'm cool because I'm killing cops and throwing people out of cars" games that I don't like. The linear aspects provide some justification for the criminal activity (although it's usually money), but other than that GTA is senseless nihilism. Killing Sephiroth is way more gratifiable than running over 20 cops in an ambulance.

Open-world games are good, but they're definitely made better with the inclusion of normally unattainable powers unless you play through the story (i.e. Skyrim). And that's another area that GTA fails in, since you can enter in cheats to unlock everything and become invincible from the start. Granted that you can do the same in Skyrim, but that requires opening the dev console and spawning objects, and that's more work for less.

[quote name='Blade']It's just the "I'm cool because I'm killing cops and throwing people out of cars" games that I don't like. The linear aspects provide some justification for the criminal activity (although it's usually money), but other than that GTA is senseless nihilism. Killing Sephiroth is way more gratifiable than running over 20 cops in an ambulance.

Open-world games are good, but they're definitely made better with the inclusion of normally unattainable powers unless you play through the story (i.e. Skyrim). And that's another area that GTA fails in, since you can enter in cheats to unlock everything and become invincible from the start. Granted that you can do the same in Skyrim, but that requires opening the dev console and spawning objects, and that's more work for less.[/QUOTE]

For me, it's the same difference whether I'm killing cops or trolls or elves or orcs, etc. The fact that you can cheat is really a non issue for me. You don't have to, so if you don't like it, why do it?

Blade clearly has warmer feeling towards cops than I do.
I'm *trying* to put it politely here, but what I really want to say is
the enforcement dogs of The Man

Cheating usually sucks the fun out of it quickly.

[quote name='MysterD']It just felt w/ such a big map and game-world, there could've and should've been side-stuff to do in Mafia 2.[/QUOTE]

"Buy our DLC!"

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']For me, it's the same difference whether I'm killing cops or trolls or elves or orcs, etc. The fact that you can cheat is really a non issue for me. You don't have to, so if you don't like it, why do it?[/QUOTE]
This. You can cheat in a lot of games, but why? Useless to judge a game based on the availability of cheats. In that case, you can make your own guns in Borderlands and give them whatever stats you want...

[quote name='Idiotekque']This. You can cheat in a lot of games, but why? Useless to judge a game based on the availability of cheats. In that case, you can make your own guns in Borderlands and give them whatever stats you want...[/QUOTE]

I'd also add that if you're going to cheat, try to keep it as limited as possible, e.g. just to get you past that game-stopping mission. Or say in the BL2 context, don't give yourself gear (since loot-finding is so central to the game), give yourself money so you can freely buy and try any random vending machine items you encounter or to respec often. (To the non-BL2 players, money is pretty useless is BL2, getting items is all about chance and effort.)

bread's done
Back