Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

So they basically exchanged Xcom for Alan Wake and Stellar Impact for Civ V?

Bummer

Last edited by a moderator:
Mea cupla from the GMG head honcho:

Hi, I'm Paul Sulyok, Founder and CEO of Green Man Gaming. On behalf of the team here, I'd like to take a moment to apologise to all of you who experienced issues trying to purchase from GMG in the last 24 hours. The GMG 666 Sale promotion is proving to be much more popular than we initially anticipated - despite significantly increasing our capacity in preparation for the sale, we unfortunately still underestimated demand for the offers available.

To put this into perspective, GMG is currently running more than double the absolute highest traffic spike that we saw in 2012, and over 10x the normal traffic level that we have seen in 2013.

Clearly this is no excuse and so we've had the whole team working hard to increase capacity and remove barriers to you getting to our deals.

I am very aware that you may have missed out on some of the great deals we've been offering in the 666 Sale promotion. Rest assured we are working closely with our publishing partners to bring back some of the deals affected.  We will post all information about these deals on our Twitter stream @greenmangaming and also on our Blog http://blog.greenmangaming.com.

Finally, as a small digital retailer trying hard to make our way in this market, we really appreciate your ongoing support and hope that we can welcome you back again very soon. Thanks and enjoy the rest of our Sale.

Paul

Mea cupla from the GMG head honcho:

Hi, I'm Paul Sulyok, Founder and CEO of Green Man Gaming. On behalf of the team here, I'd like to take a moment to apologise to all of you who experienced issues trying to purchase from GMG in the last 24 hours. The GMG 666 Sale promotion is proving to be much more popular than we initially anticipated - despite significantly increasing our capacity in preparation for the sale, we unfortunately still underestimated demand for the offers available.

To put this into perspective, GMG is currently running more than double the absolute highest traffic spike that we saw in 2012, and over 10x the normal traffic level that we have seen in 2013.

Clearly this is no excuse and so we've had the whole team working hard to increase capacity and remove barriers to you getting to our deals.

I am very aware that you may have missed out on some of the great deals we've been offering in the 666 Sale promotion. Rest assured we are working closely with our publishing partners to bring back some of the deals affected. We will post all information about these deals on our Twitter stream @greenmangaming and also on our Blog http://blog.greenmangaming.com.

Finally, as a small digital retailer trying hard to make our way in this market, we really appreciate your ongoing support and hope that we can welcome you back again very soon. Thanks and enjoy the rest of our Sale.

Paul
Where do I get an apology for them replacing XCOM with Alan Wake? ;)

http://se.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1hhjbs/gmg_deals_active_for_the_next_6_hours_defiance/caue7nx

So they probably aren't real just and we got trolled by GMG :p

I'll probably wait for steam sale anyways, hoping it will hit magical 5€ for base game. :)

Almost bought it for 6,39€ but I need to use steam funds too :p
Well, just in case they aren't purposefully trolling us, the background image for sale 8 just appeared:

http://wizzywizzyweb.gmgcdn.com/media/backgrounds/666-Promo_Super-Takeover08.jpg

Starting to get tired of the "poor widdle us, we're just a tiny company trying to make a living in the big bad internet" shtick.  I have yet to enjoy an smooth, easy preorder from them, be it invalid keys, incorrect regions, non-existant customer service, or just sending out the keys a day or two after a title launches.   fucking fix it!  You keep giving me good deals, and i'm going to keep trying to give you my money.  

Somebody get these guys some rocket scientists  Preferably before July 9, when my Brave New World preorder is supposed to release.

Starting to get tired of the "poor widdle us, we're just a tiny company trying to make a living in the big bad internet" shtick. I have yet to enjoy an smooth, easy preorder from them, be it invalid keys, incorrect regions, non-existant customer service, or just sending out the keys a day or two after a title launches. fucking fix it! You keep giving me good deals, and i'm going to keep trying to give you my money.

Somebody get these guys some rocket scientists Preferably before July 9, when my Brave New World preorder is supposed to release.

You've been rankled to this degree and you still fucks wit' 'em? I wouldn't.

My only beef is my purchase of the Worms Revolution season pass: it doesn't automatically add new DLCs to my account.

I'm convinced Team 17 flubbed this in some way cause, y'know, Team 17.

You've been rankled to this degree and you still fucks wit' 'em? I wouldn't.

My only beef is my purchase of the Worms Revolution season pass: it doesn't automatically add new DLCs to my account.

I'm convinced Team 17 flubbed this in some way cause, y'know, Team 17.
You sure you dont have all the DLC? I got the Season Pass (from GMG) back in december and i got all the new DLC that got added

You sure you dont have all the DLC? I got the Season Pass (from GMG) back in december and i got all the new DLC that got added

Yeah I got it first day (extremely rare for me) and I had to wait for someone to manually turn their key like a bad breakup on Seinfeld. I did get the CP auto-added albeit 2 weeks after release.

Steam doesn't indicate that I own the SP. it just lists the individual DLCs. What does it show for you?

Yeah I got it first day (extremely rare for me) and I had to wait for someone to manually turn their key like a bad breakup on Seinfeld. I did get the CP auto-added albeit 2 weeks after release.

Steam doesn't indicate that I own the SP. it just lists the individual DLCs. What does it show for you?
It lists each individual DLC for me as well. but i think that's how it's normally done, does the same thing for Saints Row 3 (only other Season Pass i own).

Probably would be smarter to list "Season Pass" in their to ensure you get all the DLC you should be getting

So far my only bite has been LotR: War in the North. I heard mixed reviews, but figured 75% off is the best I can expect from Steam, and the extra 10% (even though only $0.50) went ahead and pushed me over. Eyeing Baldur's Gate: Enhanced on Steam but eh, not too sure

Should have waited a few months when it hits an indie gala we bundle everything paradox buy 15 crap games for 1.50 happy hour
This is what's holding me back from pulling the trigger. It does look really fun though! I do still have a $2 credit so it's 'almost' like it's only 71 cents! I'm quite torn and only have 42 minutes to decide.

New deals are up. I was really hoping for a 75% off on Sniper Elite 2's Kill Hitler DLC but it's only 50% off. On the other hand, Rotastic is $2 and comes with $2 GMG credit back if you're into that sort of thing - and who isn't?

New deals are up. I was really hoping for a 75% off on Sniper Elite 2's Kill Hitler DLC but it's only 50% off. On the other hand, Rotastic is $2 and comes with $2 GMG credit back if you're into that sort of thing - and who isn't?
I already have 2 dollar store credit... so free game?

Just did that. Never heard of Rotastic, but $1.99 for a $2 credit? No brainer.

This is what I did.

the cave 3.75

Then I kept rolling over the 2 dollar loyalty credit

Worms ultimate for 1.74

Rotastic for free (after the credit)

Luxious for .49

Sniper Elite 1.00 (its on sale for 2.99, only shows up in search.  comes with 2 Credit too)

This is what I did.

the cave 3.75

Then I kept rolling over the 2 dollar loyalty credit

Worms ultimate for 1.74

Rotastic for free (after the credit)

Luxious for .49

Sniper Elite 1.00 (its on sale for 2.99, only shows up in search. comes with 2 Credit too)
Yeah I like the way you think. I'ma grab Sniper Elite 1 and Kill Hitler for sure.

***HEADS UP TO THOSE INTERESTED IN SNIPER ELITE V2.***

If your interested in sniper Elite v2, you are better off buying the spiral groove bundle from indie royal.  youll also get a few more games for 6 dollars total.  Then go on and get the DLCS from GMG. 3 of them will be 50 cents each, and the kill hitler will be 1.99 as long as you buy them in individual transactions to keep applying the 2 dollar credit you keep getting.  In the end you will pay 10 dollars and pick up a few free games.

You do realize that post from gamefaqs that you;ve been pimping is from December of 2012 right? It was patched numerous times since then
I know, but the points are still valid. The game is still buggy, and the updates are still few and far between. The game being buggy wasn't even the point of linking it anyways, that's just one more point against BGEE.

bread's done
Back