Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Sorry if this was already covered. But if I purchase Final Fantasy 14 through GMG will I need to download GMG's client to play it or does it just run through the Square Enix client?

Sorry if this was already covered. But if I purchase Final Fantasy 14 through GMG will I need to download GMG's client to play it or does it just run through the Square Enix client?
To the right of the description on GMG:

The Capsule Client will not be required to download the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn client for Early Access before 27th August. Customers will receive instructions by email on how to download the client directly from Square Enix in the near future. From 27th August onwards, the Capsule Client will be required to download the game.
Only says download regarding Capsule. Usually (always?) it will say specifically if Capsule is required to play.

Ahh ok thats why splinter cell wasnt working. Oh well.

also I forgot to add the voucher on an order and GMG credited me the difference. Used that for final fantasy. Pretty fast response fron their CS. GMG doing good things

THEY RUN SHIT
who run shit i actuallly facebook them about lost planet extreme conditions colonies ediiton if they getting it they said yup willl be and then max payne they say no we wont getting steam key for it but they do get it now fucking lies hehe or maybe rockstar found out i want steam key so they say we shall give to them muahah.

Looks like that voucher just expired

Not as tempting anymore
Yeah, that's kinda crazy. I actually used it on Mortal Kombat successfully, but couldn't get it to apply to Puddle. Boo, GMG...dislike.

Ok, new code has been posted.

GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB

Edit: Huh, GMG has shifted their prices slightly since I posted them. Can anyone confirm that RE:ORC is now $6.99 (before it was listed as $7.50). I can't actually see the price on the page since I already own it. I'm going off of SGS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's kinda crazy. I actually used it on Mortal Kombat successfully, but couldn't get it to apply to Puddle. Boo, GMG...dislike.

GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB

Edit: Huh, GMG has shifted their prices slightly since I posted them. Can anyone confirm that RE:ORC is now $6.99 (before it was listed as $7.50). I can't actually see the price on the page since I already own it. I'm going off of SGS.

yes

The last time I owned (or played, I think) a Mortal Kombat was 1996 -- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I was 10.

Very tempting.
I think the last time I played one was Mortal Kombat Trilogy on the N64...which also happened to be 1996.

I'm in on this one.

GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB

Best price ever!

Couple notables...

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (Steam) - $10.19 ($8.15)

Reus (Steam)- $4.99 ($3.99)

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Steam)- $6.99 ($5.59)

Puddle (Steam) - $3.05 ($2.44)

Toilet Tycoon (Crapsule) - $2.47 ($1.98)

20% off voucher: GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB
Hmmm...Is this the cheapest Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has been anywhere?

Also - is this game going to drop G4WL and move to strictly Steamworks?

EDIT:

Hmm....anyone know what's the cheapest RE:ORC - Complete Pack and/or ALL its DLC has been anywhere?

Hmmm...Is this the cheapest Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has been anywhere?

Also - is this game going to drop G4WL and move to strictly Steamworks?

EDIT:
Hmm....anyone know what's the cheapest RE:ORC - Complete Pack and/or ALL its DLC has been anywhere?

I just read some reviews. Seems to be a very awful game. Not a bad port, a bad game

I just read some reviews. Seems to be a very awful game. Not a bad port, a bad game
Yes, I knew reviews weren't so hot for it already.

I was wondering what the best prices for base game only, Complete Pack, and all the DLC alone has been.

EDIT:

Still didn't played RE5... At that price RC looks great... How's the game? Mortal kombat looks great too, but I'll wait 75% + voucher ;)
MK: Komplete PC is just flat-out awesome.

RE4 and RE5 PC were awesome.

RE4 PC definitely wasn't the best port (graphics + CG video quality weren't that hot; PC version requires Controller b/c the KB/mouse controls are atrocious). RE4 PC was probably the better game of the two b/c at that it was so fresh and new, though.

RE5 PC was actually VERY good PC port (graphically and control-wise, actually). While it seems fine w/ KB/mouse this time around - I was just too used to the game-style w/ a gamepad from RE4 - so, I went back to that. The game itself was awesome & graphics were really good at that time even. The gameplay was pretty good...though, AI wasn't always that great for the girl (Sheva) - one of my few complaints of that game....that and that RE5 PC uses G4WL.

And as you know - ain't played RE:ORC yet.
I'm waiting for RE6 PC + RE: Revelations to price-drop some more.

I have REORC on Xbox. Last time it was on sale I said this:

"The game isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It's a serviceable third-person cover shooter in the Resident Evil universe with a nice mix of characters, character upgrades, and great zombie shooting physics. It's nothing special, it's not doing anything that similar games of the genre aren't doing, and it has its flaws, but it's still a solid game (for that price)."

Yes, I knew reviews weren't so hot for it already.

I was wondering what the best prices for base game only, Complete Pack, and all the DLC alone has been.

EDIT:

MK: Komplete PC is just flat-out awesome.

RE4 and RE5 PC were awesome.

RE4 PC definitely wasn't the best port (graphics + CG video quality weren't that hot; PC version requires Controller b/c the KB/mouse controls are atrocious). RE4 PC was probably the better game of the two b/c at that it was so fresh and new, though.

RE5 PC was actually VERY good PC port (graphically and control-wise, actually). While it seems fine w/ KB/mouse this time around - I was just too used to the game-style w/ a gamepad from RE4 - so, I went back to that. The game itself was awesome & graphics were really good at that time even. The gameplay was pretty good...though, AI wasn't always that great for the girl (Sheva) - one of my few complaints of that game....that and that RE5 PC uses G4WL.

And as you know - ain't played RE:ORC yet.
I'm waiting for RE6 PC + RE: Revelations to price-drop some more.
$9.99 for complete during summer sale and i lost 14bucks for not ccheapassing

RE:ORC is playable but the enemies are bullet sponges and the basic shooting mechanics are unsatisfying. Plus, GFWL.

There's a lot of spit polish there but RE6 had a lot of spit polish too and neither were particularly good. I beat RE6 and played a lot of Mercs though. I couldn't bring myself to see RE:ORC to the end.

RE:R didn't have spit polish and wasn't good either.

RE:ORC is playable but the enemies are bullet sponges and the basic shooting mechanics are unsatisfying. Plus, GFWL.
Pretty much, especially on higher difficulties (no need for better AI, just give the enemies more HP!). I thought the gunplay while shooting zombies was pretty awesome though, but maybe that's just me.

Great, now I'm gonna have that old song stuck in my head....

[yells]
MORTTTTTTTTTTTTTAL KOMBATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!
This song is gonna get stuck in your head?

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/john-vale-1/mortal-kombat-theme-song[/soundcloud]

The Mortal Kombat Theme?

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/john-vale-1/mortal-kombat-theme-song[/soundcloud]

Is this the one?

Mor-tal!! Kom-bat!!

bitch you know you love this shit

Man Mortal Kombat is tempting. The last MK game I owned was the first one on Snes though I did rent a couple of the later ones but still. Gonna have to grab this I think as I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Mortal Kombat is a SHIT port...I got it and got it working right but I had to do more then I think I should have to do to get it working.  As others may have said before the cut scenes look like steaming youtube videos at times as well...lazy lazy port.

Mortal Kombat is a SHIT port...I got it and got it working right but I had to do more then I think I should have to do to get it working. As others may have said before the cut scenes look like steaming youtube videos at times as well...lazy lazy port.

Abe's always there to take one for the team. Thanks.

Mortal Kombat is a SHIT port...I got it and got it working right but I had to do more then I think I should have to do to get it working. As others may have said before the cut scenes look like steaming youtube videos at times as well...lazy lazy port.
The videos DO look worse than the actual in-game graphics. But what problems were you having getting it to work? It loaded up just fine for me, even set itself to appropriate settings for my PC.

The videos DO look worse than the actual in-game graphics. But what problems where you having getting it to work? It loaded up just fine for me, even set itself to appropriate settings for my PC.
Direct 3D errors...I had to go into the dxdiag for Mortal Kombat and adjust the video memory to 1024. I'm currently using my laptop which has Nvidia 650M in it, plenty powerful enough to run this game. However, shitty ports like this one...and Sega are culprits of it too...they only tend to pick up my on board GPU, Intel HD 4000...and its takes a ton of bullshit to get it to pick up the 650M.

If you look in the SPUF forums for d3d error...you'll see lots of people have the same issue and it sill hasnt been patched.

I havent played it on my desktop, I havent been near my desktop in like 2 months so I can't speak for playing it on a system without Nvidia optimus. I just get annoyed because it SHOULD work....I can play Skyrim, Metro Last Light and all kinds of new shit on here with no issues and good FPS...and this and other shoddy ports just have issues.

I definitely just picked that up.

I've been waiting for a sub $5 price. :)
It's well worth the price.. just don't add it to the back of your backlog ;)

You're better off playing the co-op while GFWL is still running.. but you've got nearly a year to do that (unless Microsoft changes the shutdown date).

I definitely just picked that up.

I've been waiting for a sub $5 price. :)
It's well worth the price.. just don't add it to the back of your backlog ;)

You're better off playing the co-op while GFWL is still running.. but you've got nearly a year to do that (unless Microsoft changes the shutdown date).
Just picked it up myself. Kinda convenient timing as I'm currently doing a RE playthrough. Just finished Revelations and starting up 4 right now (which will I never played on PC before). I'm not much of a co-op/multi player beyond BF3 or Forza on 360, so server loss on G4WL doesn't affect me. I'll still boot this up in the next few days regardless.

Great, now I'm gonna have that old song stuck in my head....

[yells]
MORTTTTTTTTTTTTTAL KOMBATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

bitch you know you love this shit
It's older than you think. The "Mortal Kombat" theme song is an edit of 2 Unlimited's 1991 hit Twilight Zone.
[customspoiler="Twilight Zone"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNHxoxLgFU[/customspoiler]

You can also hear samples at the beginning of their '93 hit Tribal Dance (my fav 2 Unlimited song).
[customspoiler="Tribal Dance"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC7b9f-NwTA[/customspoiler]

24 Hour Deal:
75% off Resident Evil 5 (Steam) - $4.99 ($4.00)

20% off voucher: GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB

GMG :bow: The leading light of digital distribution.

It's older than you think. The "Mortal Kombat" theme song is an edit of 2 Unlimited's 1991 hit Twilight Zone.
[customspoiler="Twilight Zone"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNHxoxLgFU[/customspoiler]

You can also hear samples at the beginning of their '93 hit Tribal Dance (my fav 2 Unlimited song).
[customspoiler="Tribal Dance"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC7b9f-NwTA[/customspoiler]
Cool. Not my bag but I try to absorb as much music-lore as possible.

@MindLink

Yup, that's the MK song. :D

@The MK:KE PC port

I have a desktop PC w/ i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit...and it runs flawless on my PC at 60 FPS.

I had to turn off SSAO to keep it running flawlessly. 

bread's done
Back