Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

So how does the playfire thing even work? I linked my account or whatever and the next day it says I earned like 40 achievements and it loaded ~$8 into my account. 

?

Played YAZD. OMG, what a boring game. Unlocked a couple achievements for the rewards and then closed it. You just need to run in circles shooting on the same direction. Reached the 7th level without buying anything (achievement). Is exactly the same over and over again, only a bit faster. They achieved the impossible: make shooting zombies a boring experience.

Played YAZD. OMG, what a boring game. Unlocked a couple achievements for the rewards and then closed it. You just need to run in circles shooting on the same direction. Reached the 7th level without buying anything (achievement). Is exactly the same over and over again, only a bit faster. They achieved the impossible: make shooting zombies a boring experience.
Hey, at least it has playfire rewards that might work :D

RRDDD and YAZD, why only now. I played when they came out :(
Has anyone actually gotten the 'play for the first time' on games they've, you know, played before? Like how sticklery is it? If I haven't played a game for two years or just idled on SAM for cards is it still going to count that?

I feel like it should be 'play for the first time since the Playfire promotion started'. :p Of course if a game has cards we are going to, ahem, play it right away.

Speaking of which, they are giving 50 pence reward for starting up Goat Sim for the first time. I know some CAGs here have it and have played it. Not play either, play.

I noticed the April Fool's voucher doesn't have that 10 dollar/pound/euro minimum. I just bought a cheap DLC with it and it worked with the 22% off. Enjoy it while you can.

God help me, I bought Goat Simulator (with 20% off.) It is hilarious, and terrible, and awesome. No regrets. #fakecag

I was able to get all the playfire achievements with minimal difficulty - except the Flappy Bird one which caused me nothing but pure rage and only gives $.10 anyway. Pretty good deal for the game since that GMG credit is going straight back into Dark Souls 2 anyway. #doublefakecag

God help me, I bought Goat Simulator (with 20% off.) It is hilarious, and terrible, and awesome. No regrets. #fakecag

I was able to get all the playfire achievements with minimal difficulty - except the Flappy Bird one which caused me nothing but pure rage and only gives $.10 anyway. Pretty good deal for the game since that GMG credit is going straight back into Dark Souls 2 anyway. #doublefakecag
I'm still working on them myself, but the game is pure awesomesauce lathered on awesomebread with a big slice of awesomeat n cheese.

:bouncy:

Edit:

Also 10 of my friends own the game already and most of them are CAGs. FAKECAGs Stand up and Revolt!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok I'm in. Let me at that goat!

I'm still working on them myself, but the game is pure awesomesauce lathered on awesomebread with a big slice of awesomeat n cheese.

:bouncy:

Edit:

Also 10 of my friends own the game already and most of them are CAGs. FAKECAGs Stand up and Revolt!
I guess I don't have enough CAG buddies. We need to do another "everybody add me" love-fest.

Real talk though...if not for the "hype" I would consider this game first-rate bundle fodder, but sometimes it is worth it to be able to play a game at release when more people are talking about it, stuff is still being discovered, etc.

I guess I don't have enough CAG buddies. We need to do another "everybody add me" love-fest.

Real talk though...if not for the "hype" I would consider this game first-rate bundle fodder, but sometimes it is worth it to be able to play a game at release when more people are talking about it, stuff is still being discovered, etc.
The best is when there's a good sale right around launch, so you get in on a deal and are able to be part of the conversation with all the people who bought day 1. That happened to me with Wolf Among Us, it was a nice change of pace from when I was extremely late to the Walking Dead party. :bouncy:

Looks like my obnoxious emote is contagious.

How high did you get on Flappy Goat? I was able to get a 6 so that's close enough to keep me playing.

Did you do the slo mo trick to get a better frame rate? My comp slows to a crawl without it. Also slowed to a crawl in space.

So I sent in my first support ticket (missing rewards for linking Steam account, installing Vulcan beta and playing The Cave for the first time), played some games for the first time, and got three of the five Super Sanctum achievements (the last one was finishing all the levels on hard, I can't even imagine how long that takes). Hopefully now that they "fixed" the system (it tracked my games/achievements much quicker than back in February), I'll be getting a good amount of credit. Wish me luck. :bouncy:

Damn you all with your Goat Simulator talk and pictures in the friend feed. I want to buy this thing now. I don't know why.
Me too must try to resist. I have feeling I might fail...

So I sent in my first support ticket (missing rewards for linking Steam account, installing Vulcan beta and playing The Cave for the first time), played some games for the first time, and got three of the five Super Sanctum achievements (the last one was finishing all the levels on hard, I can't even imagine how long that takes). Hopefully now that they "fixed" the system (it tracked my games/achievements much quicker than back in February), I'll be getting a good amount of credit. Wish me luck. :bouncy:
I have still have missed most rewards, even if it has tracked days ago.
:(

Back up to 23.50 already. Time to decide what to buy--I don't like sitting on GMG credit. Feels like it could be taken away at any moment.  :whistle2:&

Considering Thief (if it gets a sale), Shadowrun Returns (but wouldn't get the DLC just yet, obviously,) and M&M X: Legacy. I'd grab Legacy right now if they were selling the normal version. Not sure why they only have the deluxe, which I can't care about in the slightest.

Thoughts on these or other suggestions for recent-ish titles that haven't had much of a sale? I'm a lot more okay with splurging when it's free money.

Me too must try to resist. I have feeling I might fail...

I have still have missed most rewards, even if it has tracked days ago.
:(
I see you failed, as did I. About to start playing and experiencing the Goat Simulator.

Back up to 23.50 already. Time to decide what to buy--I don't like sitting on GMG credit. Feels like it could be taken away at any moment. :whistle2:&

Considering Thief (if it gets a sale), Shadowrun Returns (but wouldn't get the DLC just yet, obviously,) and M&M X: Legacy. I'd grab Legacy right now if they were selling the normal version. Not sure why they only have the deluxe, which I can't care about in the slightest.

Thoughts on these or other suggestions for recent-ish titles that haven't had much of a sale? I'm a lot more okay with splurging when it's free money.
How about Goat Simulator?

How high did you get on Flappy Goat? I was able to get a 6 so that's close enough to keep me playing.

Did you do the slo mo trick to get a better frame rate? My comp slows to a crawl without it. Also slowed to a crawl in space.
Well, I had given up but now I'm trying again :lol: and I managed to get 3. I guess I'll keep trying out of sheer obsessive compulsion. And it's even harder playing with a 360 controller since it uses the left trigger and I can't figure out how to remap the gamepad.

The game runs ok for me, although I have motion blur and AA disabled. But it definitely doesn't run as well as a game with this graphical quality should.

Well, I had given up but now I'm trying again :lol: and I managed to get 3. I guess I'll keep trying out of sheer obsessive compulsion. And it's even harder playing with a 360 controller since it uses the left trigger and I can't figure out how to remap the gamepad.

The game runs ok for me, although I have motion blur and AA disabled. But it definitely doesn't run as well as a game with this graphical quality should.
lol, I found a glitch that makes you get random acheevos...lol... I heard the flappy goat music playing while it was going on and was hopeful I was going to get it. The game runs fine for me except when I was in space and when I play Flappy Goat. When I play flappy goat I have to hit F to do slow motion and zoom in to not see the goats in the windows, otherwise it slows to a crawl for me.

Well I got 18 out of 21 achievements today and played 5 hours so I'd say I got my money's worth.  I still need two for the Playfire rewards (Flappy Goat and Jumping on all the trampolines in one go) and I also need to find the rest of the golden goats.

All in all, yes it's a very stupid game, but it's an extremely well made stupid game iMO.  Doing the quests in game and getting the achievements has been a blast and a ton a fun.  Once I figure out where all the golden goats are and I get 2,000,000 plus in one session I'll be done with the main quests.  i will say the appeal will likely fade once I do all that, but I'll probably be a good 6-8 hours in to the game by then and I feel it was a great time I spent with it.  

Real games, not stupid crap. :)
388995ccbb8ecff1b0071cc365a341f4c1714df2b016bb128b0acc706703e9b7.jpg

Baah, the best I goat is a 4 on Flappy Goat. I can't bleat that, it's udderly impossible =/

These puns are baad huh?

I've got my money's worth tonight. This game's fun as hell.

I also think this is the best debut deal on a game I've ever bought.

$9.99 - 20% = $8

less $6.50 potential Playfire rewards

less 60c in Steam cards

= 90c

Which most people should have in Playfire credit anyways

Baah, the best I goat is a 4 on Flappy Goat. I can't bleat that, it's udderly impossible =/

These puns are baad huh?

$9.99 - 20% = $8

less 60c in Steam cards

= 90c

I was able to luck out and get 12! Good enough for me. I'm one goat statue short of the last achievement and I swear I've gone to every single place there was one (using a guide) . I even double and triple checked. I'll give it a rest for today and go back and do another search in a few days. That and the 2,000,000 points in a session and I'll be 100% with the game. Only achievement I didn't technically do was the mattress jumping one, but it glitched me into outerspace and gave me credit for it randomly.

Edit:

And I give up on the Goat Statues. I got them all, I know I did, but I'm still at 29/30. The only thing I can think of is I got one of them during a time trial. I wonder if that is where the glitch is? Anyone know if there's a way to delete my save and start over on the statues?

Double Edit:

You can reset your save in the options menu, but it did no good. According to the guides I read there is a golden statue missing in my game and it just isn't there. Very weird. If any of you guys are able to get that achievement let me know. I know they initially had 27 statues and now have 30 so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility they have moved this statue, but it might just be a glitch. I'll wait a while to see if they sort it out, but if not I might just have to SAM that last one since the one missing in my game is a very easy/simple one.

Triple Edit:

Turns out the guides are outdated. Found the last one I had missed before on the new save and then got the rest again. 21 out of 21 Achievements on Day 1!

fuck Flappy Goat... Seriously.
LMAO! For once in my life I feel like a good gamer! My score of 12 put me at 800something out of at least 30K people who have played Flappy Goat.

Flappy Goat hints:

1.Zoom in and press F to enter slo mo mode - doesn't slow Flappy Goat down, but gives you better frame rate.

2. Turn off sound or remove headphones. Seriously, music gets irritating and for some reason I did a lot better with no music just watching the screen.

3. Use the keyboard. Controller trigger buttons are just not good for this type of game.

4. Time your flaps so that you fall a tiny bit below the ladder you are trying to clear right before you flap above it.

Other hints - don't do the queen of goats or devil goat stuff before you go to play. The first time I played it my computer slowed to a crawl and I had to restart. Every starting getting all weird and demonic and creepy around the TV and it started raining dead goats outside of the windows. I was seriously like WTF this Flappy Goat shit is demonic! Then I realized they mapped the game key "R" to the same key that activates your devil powers and summons goats for sacrifice so that explained the hell I was summoning around the TV and the raining goats.

I was able to luck out and get 12! Good enough for me. I'm one goat statue short of the last achievement and I swear I've gone to every single place there was one (using a guide) . I even double and triple checked. I'll give it a rest for today and go back and do another search in a few days. That and the 2,000,000 points in a session and I'll be 100% with the game. Only achievement I didn't technically do was the mattress jumping one, but it glitched me into outerspace and gave me credit for it randomly.

Edit:

And I give up on the Goat Statues. I got them all, I know I did, but I'm still at 29/30. The only thing I can think of is I got one of them during a time trial. I wonder if that is where the glitch is? Anyone know if there's a way to delete my save and start over on the statues?

Double Edit:

You can reset your save in the options menu, but it did no good. According to the guides I read there is a golden statue missing in my game and it just isn't there. Very weird. If any of you guys are able to get that achievement let me know. I know they initially had 27 statues and now have 30 so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility they have moved this statue, but it might just be a glitch. I'll wait a while to see if they sort it out, but if not I might just have to SAM that last one since the one missing in my game is a very easy/simple one.

Triple Edit:

Turns out the guides are outdated. Found the last one I had missed before on the new save and then got the rest again. 21 out of 21 Achievements on Day 1!
I do believe I will be passing on this game... but I found this post to be riveting...

What the hell's wrong with me? :lol:

These puns are baad huh?

$9.99 - 20% = $8
less 60c in Steam cards
= 90c

Yeah, exactly! I did want this game anyway, but being a CAG I would have waited as long as it took for a good deal. But then after doing the math I was like, holy crap I can't *not* do this.

Thanks for the tips. Didn't realize you could zoom in, and while my framerate seemed fine, it was a little more predictable with slow-mo on. I finally just got it with a score of 11, after considerable harm to my thumb, and mental status. My general strategy was to start "under" the next set, then jump through sort of diagonally upward. Also, I noticed I tend to do better when, after getting through the first couple of ladders, my mind starts to wander and pure instinct takes over. :lol:

More proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlYlNF30bVg

(funniest part is at 1:00)

(apologies to everyone who couldn't care less about goats, although I have to question what led you to become the bitter, jaded goat hater you are)

Even though I have more than enough in playfire credit (Trying to get Dark Souls 2 as cheap as possible.), My wife refuses to let me use it towards this.  

She pretty much told me its Goat Sim or DS II  Even though I'd get 4.50ish back in rewards?

Note to self, do not let the wife, know how much is in my rewards account.

bread's done
Back