Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='rybrad']Odds are good that they will be in time for a pre-load. They say day of release to cover themselves but the 3 Steamworks games I have pre-ordered have all been early enough to pre-load.[/QUOTE]

hmm rybrad, could we add Deus Ex:HR Augmented Edition for 40USD into the title?
haha everyone's jumping on Amazon deal while GMG still offers a pretty good deal (with the referral)

[quote name='wilflare']hmm rybrad, could we add Deus Ex:HR Augmented Edition for 40USD into the title?
haha everyone's jumping on Amazon deal while GMG still offers a pretty good deal (with the referral)[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Deus Ex should be added to the thread title. Not sure if the OP ran in to a character limit though, Dead Island is abbreviated.

[quote name='DizoAZ']Agreed, Deus Ex should be added to the thread title. Not sure if the OP ran in to a character limit though, Dead Island is abbreviated.[/QUOTE]
Yea that is what happened. I try to fit as much stuff in there as I can while still keeping it descriptive. I had Arkham City in there since it had just came up for pre-order.

Anyway, switched it to the DX AE as requested by you guys.

I want to grab Dead Island but I'm waiting to see if Steam pulls a Deus Ex and offers TF2 items at the last minute. :p

[quote name='Flunkie']I want to grab Dead Island but I'm waiting to see if Steam pulls a Deus Ex and offers TF2 items at the last minute. :p[/QUOTE]

They probably will. What steam game doesn't come out with TF2 items these days?

Space Marine update:
[quote name='GMG']For those asking about Space Marine, it doesn't look like we'll have the game up before it's released, sorry :( /Rob[/quote]

Bought Deus Ex: HR AE and it didn't give me a code to unlock the GoTY edition of the first game. They were kind enough to just credit my account the price of the GoTY edition, so that's not a bad trade. I used a referral link when I purchased, but it didn't work for some reason and they refuse to provide credit after the fact though, so that part sucks. :(

if they refunded you the price of GOTY edition, you got yourself a even better deal :D
i rather have that then the GOTY itself haha.

but yess the referral part :(

[quote name='wilflare']if they refunded you the price of GOTY edition, you got yourself a even better deal :D
i rather have that then the GOTY itself haha.

but yess the referral part :([/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, it worked out well except for the referral part. I already own the GOTY on Steam so it was just going to go back for a few bucks in trade in. Still a bummer that I couldn't get the credit for both of us, but they were pretty adamant about not being able to apply the credit if it didn't auto apply.

What the hell is up with the site? I keep getting back to back "Damn it captain something's gone wrong" messages with a note saying that it's because of heavy load from the free games being offered. Are they offering them again, or is something actually wrong? I remember a couple of months back they had the game for free, not sure if they're doing it again.

[quote name='atreyuevr']What the hell is up with the site? I keep getting back to back "Damn it captain something's gone wrong" messages with a note saying that it's because of heavy load from the free games being offered. Are they offering them again, or is something actually wrong? I remember a couple of months back they had the game for free, not sure if they're doing it again.[/QUOTE]
Seems to be working fine for me in the past few purchases I have done lately. I would recommend contacting their support team, they are very helpful. Details for contacting them can be found in the FAQ section of the second post in this thread.

[quote name='rybrad']Seems to be working fine for me in the past few purchases I have done lately. I would recommend contacting their support team, they are very helpful. Details for contacting them can be found in the FAQ section of the second post in this thread.[/QUOTE]

The main page won't show up for me for some reason. Gonna clear my cache.

EDIT: Fixed it. Anyone who gets this error and can't figure it out, just clear your browsing temporary files (cookies, cache, history, etc.). Fixed it for me. =]

Copied from the Green Man Gaming Twitter:

"Getting an error message when trying to access the site? We're working on it, but it looks like its only effect a few users! /Rob"

As an FYI, I just made a purchase on GMG with no issues. For those of you who experienced issues earlier, I would recommend trying your transaction again.

Went ahead and bought Assassin's Creed Rev. Green Man just stole a pre-order from Gamestop. Downside is, I guess I have to go back in the store to get my $5 back.

[quote name='rybrad']Soooooo Eurogamer says Arkham City IS GFWL, no idea which is accurate so wait and see I guess...[/QUOTE]

Hope it gets cleared up soon. If it is GFWL I'll probably go ahead and pre-order from GMG. If not, I've got some thinking to do. :D

Can't wait for Dead Island, and from what I seen of it I really like it. Hopefully my code comes in like on Saturday or whatnot so I can preload (internet is slow as fuck, 125 kb/sec max download :cry:).

Also I hope they do another $34 deal on Saints Row 3. If they don't that's ok I will just grab it at K-mart.

From GMG's Facebook:
"We'll be turning off most of our vouchers and end of the day today. If you've been waiting until the last minute to use one, NOW WOULD BE THE TIME! /Rob"

So probably only a few more hours left to use the current vouchers. They said they'll have more later on down the road but not right away. Still torn on Arkham City. Think I'll just wait it and see how the GFWL situation ends up. Should be new vouchers at some point before the game releases.

[quote name='Flunkie']So READY-UPDEA-ISLAN will work up until it releases? Still holding out here.[/QUOTE]

their facebook suggested something along those lines.
game-specific codes will still work after today

[quote name='Killbomb']From GMG's Facebook:
"We'll be turning off most of our vouchers and end of the day today. If you've been waiting until the last minute to use one, NOW WOULD BE THE TIME! /Rob"

So probably only a few more hours left to use the current vouchers. They said they'll have more later on down the road but not right away. Still torn on Arkham City. Think I'll just wait it and see how the GFWL situation ends up. Should be new vouchers at some point before the game releases.[/QUOTE]
I would definitely just wait. They will almost surely be doing new vouchers as that is a big part of their marketing.

Damn. I want to buy Hard Reset, but they don't have it up yet. It would be nice if they had it available before these coupons expire. Hopefully they'll get Serious Sam 3.

I already bought DXHR and Dead Island for $37 and $34 respectively, so GMG can just take my money.

Bought Tropico 4 before and now installing through Capsule. Download was pretty fast, but then it has to check files, piece files together, and now it's installing. Install is slow and is bogging my system down. Kinda annoying compared to Steam which might take 10 seconds to get up and running but runs smooth once it starts.

Install is probably gonna take 20 mins. Really reminds me of PSN vs XBL (capsule vs steam).

If you want to buy games without this dead codes, just buy from http://www.ultimatumgamekeys.com,
all the games are cheap and you get an additional 5% off if you like them on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/UltimatumGames.net
UltimatumGames has lot's of good deals like
Red Orchestra 2 (pre-order) only for $29.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (VPN) only for $23.99
Dead Island (pre-order) only for $36.99
Battlefield 3 (pre-order) only for $29.59
Warhammer 4000 Space Marine (pre-order) only for $33.99 and many more...!

This site is legit,found them on Facepunch.com , check out this 14 pages thread about them - http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1114415

[quote name='mikey11']If you want to buy games without this dead codes, just buy from http://www.ultimatumgamekeys.com,
all the games are cheap and you get an additional 5% off if you like them on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/UltimatumGames.net
UltimatumGames has lot's of good deals like
Red Orchestra 2 (pre-order) only for $29.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (VPN) only for $23.99
Dead Island (pre-order) only for $36.99
Battlefield 3 (pre-order) only for $29.59
Warhammer 4000 Space Marine (pre-order) only for $33.99 and many more...!

This site is legit,found them on Facepunch.com , check out this 14 pages thread about them - http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1114415[/QUOTE]

Sketchy...

Where are all these CD-Key websites coming from lately? This is like the 3rd one I've seen in the past week including GreenManGaming. If these keys are so cheap for everyone to obtain, why doesn't Steam just lower the prices?

[quote name='atreyuevr']Sketchy...[/QUOTE]

Not really. I have ordered a couple of keys from them, usually for games I have passing interest in and just want to play. I never buy games I really want from places like that because I don't want to lose games that I really want in case Steam decides to crack down on games purchased from cd-key mills. If they ever do, they can take Dirt 3 or Call of Juarez BiB. I'll live. I've played them both as much as I am going to play them really and for the prices I got on them (10-12) I'll just view it as a long rental. ;)

Thanks to the OP as well. I just pre-ordered Batman Arkham City for $32. Can't beat that!

[quote name='DizoAZ']Where are all these CD-Key websites coming from lately? This is like the 3rd one I've seen in the past week including GreenManGaming. If these keys are so cheap for everyone to obtain, why doesn't Steam just lower the prices?[/QUOTE]

They get the keys from foreign countries and those promo codes for AMD. The Dirt 3 key I purchased was an AMD code. So apparently someone purchased an ATI video card that came with a free Dirt 3 key, decided they didn't want it and sold it to the CD-Key website who turned around and sold it to me for $12.

[quote name='avwjase']Not really. I have ordered a couple of keys from them, usually for games I have passing interest in and just want to play. I never buy games I really want from places like that because I don't want to lose games that I really want in case Steam decides to crack down on games purchased from cd-key mills. If they ever do, they can take Dirt 3 or Call of Juarez BiB. I'll live. I've played them both as much as I am going to play them really and for the prices I got on them (10-12) I'll just view it as a long rental. ;)

Thanks to the OP as well. I just pre-ordered Batman Arkham City for $32. Can't beat that![/QUOTE]

Not talking about the site. =P I'm talking about the sneaky advertising that some people (I wouldn't dare call them CAGs) do on these forums, in threads that aren't meant to be used in such a way. But meh... It looks like every other CD key site popping up. I guess I could say that the site itself is sketchy too, in the way that it presents itself. Crappy pictures and half-assed price text placed in those pictures, just terrible presentation. Just me nitpicking, but in all seriousness this advertising bs in threads like this is truly annoying.

[quote name='DizoAZ']why doesn't Steam just lower the prices?[/QUOTE]

HAH! Simply put, because they CAN have their prices so high and still have people who'll buy their games. They're Steam, that's why they don't.

I bought Tropico 4. I was saying before it took forever to install through capsule (and it really did).

I've found if you go to the capsule games directory you can launch Tropico 4 without launching Capsule at all. Not sure if this works with all their capsule games.

Been having a rare freezing issue (hard graphics lock with music still playing) with Tropico 4, seems specific to my Win7 machine. Updated mobo drivers which helped. Now trying to run it as an administrator which hopefully will fix it.

Just received mine as well. Just to let everyone know, when I registered the product it has NA/ROW at the end of the title. Reading some forums on steam, that mean North America/Rest of World.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back