Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Got my Dead Island key as well. One interesting thing I noticed in the email is:
You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 09 Sept. 2011 at 00:00.

Hope that doesn't mean we'll have to wait until Friday until it unlocks...

[quote name='nitzerebb6']Got my Dead Island key as well. One interesting thing I noticed in the email is:
You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 09 Sept. 2011 at 00:00.

Hope that doesn't mean we'll have to wait until Friday until it unlocks...[/QUOTE]

Lets hope not, but the steam page says 3 days and 12 hours. Hopefully its the 6th instead of the 9th.

I was quite pleasantly surprised when I got my Dead Island activation key today... even more happy when it preloaded onto steam with no troubles. I have to admit, going with them made me just a bit nervous, but now I can certainly say I will probably shop at GMG again if they continue to run deals this smooth. Thanks to the OP and GMG for that. :)

However, I too noticed the September 09th release date. I figured it was due to a different date here in the states and in the UK, and when I looked it up that speculation was confirmed. Since the site is UK based them giving us a date that matches doesn't surprise me, I'm sure it's an automatic email that everyone got who preordered with only the slight variation of the different keys.

It makes me wonder though, how exactly does Steam handle keys that came from a different region in a case like this? I kind of assumed all keys are usually created equal, but I'm something of a PC noob, so I'm not the most knowledged on the subject... Does it unlock based on the region your live... or is it perhaps unlocked on Steam no matter where you live based on whatever country unlocks it first?

If anyone has purchased similarly, can you tell us how it turned out? Deus Ex:HR, for example, which had a release date of the 23rd in the US and the 26th in the UK. Thanks for any and all assistance!

Got my Dead Island key, preloading now! As far as people are concerned about September 9th, the game should activate on the 6th. If you are preloading it that means all it needs to do is unlock, which for NA is the 6th. The email with the 9th was probably automated for UK or something.

For this asking about unlock times, it should unlock at the appropriate time for your region. All other Steamworks games I have bought from them have unlocked at my regions correct time (US) despite what their emails or site says.

If you don't get an e-mail from GMG just check your account and click download on Dead Island. Your Steam code will be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished my pre-load of Dead Island earlier today. Hope it unlocks right at midnight so I can get a few hours in before I have to be in bed for an unusual early work day on Tuesday.

Hopefully they get that Football Manager 2012 & Lord of the Rings: War in the North pre-order up. Really looking forward to them.

[quote name='jj5206']has the Dead Island deal ended or will it still be going on today (Saturday)?[/QUOTE]

It should work until Monday, I think.

quick question, do you get the pre-order bonuses on Steam when you pre-purchase this game with GMG and redeem the code on Steam?

[quote name='jj5206']quick question, do you get the pre-order bonuses on Steam when you pre-purchase this game with GMG and redeem the code on Steam?[/QUOTE]

We will not get The Ripper 2.0 blueprints, as that is a pre-order bonus for select retailers, of which GMG was not one.

According to the GMG page however, we will get the Bloodbath Arena DLC at no cost, which I'm assuming will come in the form of another activation key to register on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='humidore']Ordered Dead Island, but they said they're out of keys. Got a note saying they should email me one within 3 days...shucks[/QUOTE]

ditto

I bought Dead Island this afternoon and got a key no problem, so that is strange. Preloaded and ready to rock.

My first purchase from this site was Deus Ex: HR, and for some reason I got a $5 credit after I purchased the game. So I used the same coupon code on Dead Island, used my $5 credit, and got it for $28. Damn I love this site!

I just bought Dead Island on the greenmangaming website for $34, apparently it's still working, my referral if you want, http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=vabuteze
I used the code READY-UPDEA-ISLAN at checkout and it still worked, get it while you can I guess. I got my key instantly as well, not sure what was wrong with some of the previous posters, maybe they got some more keys in.

Just got an e-mail from GMG about trade-in-values, and the TIVs of games I'd gotten from their promotions had skyrocketed. Managed to pick up DX:HR Augmented for free; was this a TIV error or what?

[quote name='cadeSILVER']Just got an e-mail from GMG about trade-in-values, and the TIVs of games I'd gotten from their promotions had skyrocketed. Managed to pick up DX:HR Augmented for free; was this a TIV error or what?[/QUOTE]

Very awesome. Traded in Tower Bloxx and Men of War and got Dead Island for $22 after credit and discount. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='cadeSILVER']Just got an e-mail from GMG about trade-in-values, and the TIVs of games I'd gotten from their promotions had skyrocketed. Managed to pick up DX:HR Augmented for free; was this a TIV error or what?[/QUOTE]

Wow, good lookin out. Traded in Men of War (TIV 8.97) and Necrovision (TIV 11.97) and snagged Deus Ex for $19.06. Now I'm kicking myself for not grabbing the other promo games!

Also if anyone still wants Men of War, you can snag it for $2.00 at getgames.

Off to Steam! and hoping this POS computer can run Deus!

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates, was out of town most of the weekend. The codes should work on Dead Island through today/very early tomorrow morning. After that you will still be able to get it for 15% off but may as well get it now.

@wilflare: They are still unsure when they are getting it. If you want it for release I would get it from D2D with the CAG 15% off code which brings it down to around $38.

Missed out on the main trade-in thing as well, only managed to get M&B: Warband for $17, but hey, it helped me get DE:HR for $17, not bad. Now I'll just have to wait for it to download, which is taking forever... ahh!

So are they out of activation codes for Dead Island? I'm thinking of getting that now and activate on steam, but don't want to install a whole new software...

[quote name='jj5206']So are they out of activation codes for Dead Island? I'm thinking of getting that now and activate on steam, but don't want to install a whole new software...[/QUOTE]

Well, when I ordered, they were out, but they sent the code to me about 15 minutes later saying they got a fresh batch of codes, so I think you should be fine. I'm also jealous of the people who got in on the insane trade in values, I think I only got two bucks for those trade ins.:whistle2:(

[quote name='jj5206']So are they out of activation codes for Dead Island? I'm thinking of getting that now and activate on steam, but don't want to install a whole new software...[/QUOTE]

No extra software, just activate via steam with the code

[quote name='ForKChop']Can someone send me an invite to greenmangaming please? xalaga AT gmail DOT com[/QUOTE]

Emailed you my referral link! Thank you!

... but you don't have to use it. You can sign up without it.

Just purchased Dead Island and signed up with OPs referal link. $34 and $5 credit. Now just need something to waste $5 on.

Just ordered now and got a code for Dead Island instantly. Thanks everyone!

If anyone wants a referral link for a $5 credit, I have one.

[quote name='Killbomb']Apparently they are trying to get both of these.[/QUOTE]

I know, but just sad that they didn't come early enough to be bought with all of those discount codes. =/

I'm not gonna lie, they often have some good pre-order deals so hopefully we'll see Rage on there soon - with a pre-order discount.

I bought Deus Ex HR from them because the price was great, as they often are in there. And I'm currently on the fence about Red Orchestra 2, because I'm in the mood for a good WW shooter, and at the low price that it's currently on GMG, I'm just waiting for someone to take my referral link for an extra $5 off. So it goes without saying that my code's in my sig and anyone can use it if they please ;)

[quote name='atreyuevr']And Skyrim and RAGE and... =[[/QUOTE]

Hard Reset is coming too
Nuclear Dawn

read somewhere it might be early next week!

[quote name='docvinh']Well, when I ordered, they were out, but they sent the code to me about 15 minutes later saying they got a fresh batch of codes, so I think you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

For those that are curious, I placed an order for Dead Island about and hour ago and I still haven't gotten a code. They must really be sold out now.

[quote name='WebScud']For those that are curious, I placed an order for Dead Island about and hour ago and I still haven't gotten a code. They must really be sold out now.[/QUOTE]

from their facebook

We've run out of keys again - The publisher is busy trying to make us some more - We should have more keys for DI and RO2 by 1pm tomorrow. Please note that if you can't wait you CAN automatically refund yourself - but they ARE coming, and you'd be craaazy not to wait! /Rob

[quote name='WebScud']For those that are curious, I placed an order for Dead Island about and hour ago and I still haven't gotten a code. They must really be sold out now.[/QUOTE]

i guess i'll hold off then. Thanks for letting us know...

[quote name='wilflare']from their facebook[/QUOTE]

Ah. Well, that's quicker than the three days the mention post-check out. And the man's right -- for the price, it's worth the wait.

bread's done
Back