Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='mattcube64']^^ Sorry, Im on my phone so I can't check; will that code work on Batman AC? And did we decide if you can ignore the "capsule client" forever after downloading the game, or would you have to always use Capsule when playing Batman?

Thanks!![/QUOTE]
No to your first question (just tried); yes, you can ignore Capsule for Batman: AC.

Since GMG ran out of Dead Island keys they are offering a 20% discount on most games using voucher "GREEN-MANGA-MING1"

I just tried it on Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition

Retail: $59.99
-16% promo
-20% voucher
=$40

pretty good deal if you ask me

[quote name='mattcube64']Lol, sorry...

Yes you can ignore it?

Or yes you have to use it?

Either way, Sadface the code doesn't work anyway...[/QUOTE]
You can ignore it. I asked them about this on Twitter awhile ago. Sorry my previous post wasn't clear, edited it after I posted it but too late I see.

Whoa, somewhat unrelated, but I just went to GMG to see what my trade-ins were worth. For some reason, everything was worth 4 times the price it usually trades in! I just got $6 for Deus Ex and $18 for MnB Warband.

[quote name='rybrad']You can ignore it. I asked them about this on Twitter awhile ago. Sorry my previous post wasn't clear, edited it after I posted it but too late I see.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the quick response! Glad to see that it won't require Capsule. Hopefully you can just download and then launch the .exe from Steam with no problem.

Heads up, too! Code seems to be working now on Batman! ;) I just tried it with no problem; can't pass up free! Thanks, GMG and all those wonderful people who have used my referral!

6127915163_acca8f3333_z.jpg

[quote name='mattcube64']Thank you for the quick response! Glad to see that it won't require Capsule. Hopefully you can just download and then launch the .exe from Steam with no problem.

Heads up, too! Code seems to be working now on Batman! ;) I just tried it with no problem; can't pass up free! Thanks, GMG and all those wonderful people who have used my referral!
[/QUOTE]
Oh awesome thanks for posting that, helped me figure out what the issue was for me. They do those trade-in bonus offers on the homepage now where you get bonus credit on certain games, that was making the voucher say it wasn't working. I will update the OP accordingly.

[quote name='SiMMENS']Since GMG ran out of Dead Island keys they are offering a 20% discount on most games using voucher "GREEN-MANGA-MING1"

I just tried it on Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition

Retail: $59.99
-16% promo
-20% voucher
=$40

pretty good deal if you ask me[/QUOTE]

Hmm thanks I can get Batman Arkham City for $34 hmmmmmm I think it will use Games for Windows Live so I could stack on achievements xD

[quote name='aznguyen316']Hmm thanks I can get Batman Arkham City for $34 hmmmmmm I think it will use Games for Windows Live so I could stack on achievements xD[/QUOTE]

Did anybody ever hear if it was using GFWL for sure?

[quote name='Killbomb']Did anybody ever hear if it was using GFWL for sure?[/QUOTE]
Hard to say at this point. GMG says no, Eurogamer says yes, both say they heard it straight from publisher. We won't know for sure until the publisher issues an official statement I imagine.

[quote name='Mike211']cant buy call of juarez the cartel getting error 404.:cry:[/QUOTE]
I got the same thing on AC: Revelations and sent them a question on it. I'll let them know about Call of Juarez as well.

[quote name='Mike211']cant buy call of juarez the cartel getting error 404.:cry:[/QUOTE]

That's divine intervention for buying a shit game, trust me.

[quote name='Maynard']That's divine intervention for buying a shit game, trust me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Thank god I rented that game on the XBox and wanted my $8 back. Oh wells.

I might get Dead Island. It's a hot item locally here...

[quote name='Killbomb']Did anybody ever hear if it was using GFWL for sure?[/QUOTE]

Well the cover of the boxed PC version says it's GFWL and not just GFW, so I'd assume the digital versions will be as well.

Did anyone else just get an email with two activation keys from GMG regarding Dead Island? I just got one around 7pm today stating that I can download it now. I already received my key from before and have been playing. I saw a post elsewhere that it is the Bloodbath Arena DLC, but I have two activation keys and am curious what each is... did they accidentally send me another game key?

The first key appears to be the Bloodbath though I am too worried to try the second one in case I lose a legit key that I could sell.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Did anyone else just get an email with two activation keys from GMG regarding Dead Island? I just got one around 7pm today stating that I can download it now. I already received my key from before and have been playing. I saw a post elsewhere that it is the Bloodbath Arena DLC, but I have two activation keys and am curious what each is... did they accidentally send me another game key?

The first key appears to be the Bloodbath though I am too worried to try the second one in case I lose a legit key that I could sell.[/QUOTE]

I got one also thought about selling the second key but idk

Edit Decided to leave the key alone. Don't want to screw over a company that gave me such a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received 2 keys today as well. I activated my Bloodbath DLC and the 2nd key said I already owned the product. I emailed GMG and let them know they may have send me a 2nd game key by mistake. I'm not going to take advantage of this company, they're already providing great deals such as the referral link thing and 20% off coupons on top of already discounted prices. Never know, GMG may give a credit to your account for being honest about it.

May want to read this Steam thread about getting 2 keys today.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2108846

I bought Men of War Vietnam Special, can't log in to Capsule. Just keeps rejecting my password. Works on the website...

And nevermind... I'm in. Guess maybe the authentication server was overwhelmed or something.

The second key is the same exact key as the original key they emailed you when you pre-ordered. It is your game key so no GMG did not send an extra key. The first key in this new email I believe is the bloodbath DLC key but I wanted to make sure of it in this thread. But I crossed check the 2nd key which is actually the steam full game activation key against my original GMG order email and it is the same key.

I think someone asked earlier in this thread about Football Manager 2012. It is now up for pre-order and you can use the code GOALS-GOALS-GOALS if you miss the code in the OP.

Edit: Does anyone know if this game is Steamworks? I don't follow this series at all so I don't know much about it and the GMG page doesn't mention Steam. I thought I saw something about it being Steamworks before but a confirmation either way would be helpful.

Edit 2: Looks like extra Dead Island keys are being revoked in the next 72 hours: http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2011/09/revoking-dead-island-keys/. No account bans or anything stupid like that but I imagine this will be a PR nightmare if a bunch of people sold their "extra" key.

Hey, the GMG thread I made over at NeoGAF has Rob from GMG answering questions. Apparently this is why Assassin's Creed Revelations, Driver, and other Ubisoft games are getting 404'd errors:

[quote name='WaywardGMG']Ubisoft games were being sold in the US, but due to a contract issue we had to remove them from sale. For some reason this is bringing up 404s instead of a 'not available in your region page'

If you purchased one of our titles from America before that - do not fear, keys/downloads will be honoured and working fine for all the Ubisoft titles.

I very much want to explain the refund policy but it's real busy over here today with Dead Island problems so I'll have that conversation on Monday ;)[/QUOTE]

:cry: I'm hoping it's temporary! I wish i had bought AC and Driver :cry:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443036&page=11

[quote name='applesauce']Hey, the GMG thread I made over at NeoGAF has Rob from GMG answering questions. Apparently this is why Assassin's Creed Revelations, Driver, and other Ubisoft games are getting 404'd errors:

:cry: I'm hoping it's temporary! I wish i had bought AC and Driver :cry:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443036&page=11[/QUOTE]
Pretty lame, especially that they are just posting that on Gaf and not on their official channels. I have a feeling they are going to be burning up a bunch of goodwill they earned with how things have gone the last week or so.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='NightZombie']I'm planing on buying one game from GMG, which one should I get? Dead Island or Red Orchestra 2? Also, are they the cheapest on GMG?[/QUOTE]
RO2 is the cheapest I have seen widely available. Dead Island is the same price as Amazon I believe. If you use the 20% off code (good through Monday) on RO2 + pre-order discount, that would be the most bang for your buck right now.

[quote name='rybrad']RO2 is the cheapest I have seen widely available. Dead Island is the same price as Amazon I believe. If you use the 20% off code (good through Monday) on RO2 + pre-order discount, that would be the most bang for your buck right now.[/QUOTE]

Well, GetGamesGo has it for $23.99, is it cheaper anywhere?

[quote name='NightZombie']Well, GetGamesGo has it for $23.99, is it cheaper anywhere?[/QUOTE]

thats the cheapest price ive seen and it looks legit since eurogamer does own them.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']thats the cheapest price ive seen and it looks legit since eurogamer does own them.[/QUOTE]

I bought Men of War: Assault Squad off of them on a sale they were having, it was $7.49. The key they gave me successfully registered on Steam. Don't know much about EuroGamer, but it sounds like a legit company, but from my experience alone I'd say they are definitely legit.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I ALREADY AUTHORIZED CHARGES TO GMG WHY ARE YOU STILL DECLINING ME URGH

Dang ridiculous credit cards[/QUOTE]

You should just use PayPal and make sure that the email address on the PayPal account matches the email on your GMG account. It'll make your like a lot easier.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Yeah it would, but I want to link Paypal to my bank account like I want a needle in my eye. My Amazon card gives me points.[/QUOTE]

Good point. In that case, damn you Amazon!

[quote name='RollingSkull']I ALREADY AUTHORIZED CHARGES TO GMG WHY ARE YOU STILL DECLINING ME URGH

Dang ridiculous credit cards[/QUOTE]

You need to call your credit card to have them approve the transaction. I tried using my MC and it kept getting declined, so I tried another card...declined too. But 1 minute later I get a call from my bank stating they just found someone using my card to make an international purchase.

After I told them to let it go through they told me to just wait 5 minutes for them to reactivate my cc. I have tried using PP with GMG, and it's horrible. I waited weeks to get a real response, and nothing. It took them another week to reply and I was told that I didn't used my original PP e-mail, so when they claimed that I changed it (mind you I had the correct PP e-mail from the beginning when I registered) they can't do anything else about it. It would be some kind of fraud.

After getting accused of PayPal fraud I pretty much gave up on GMG. PP worked on my first transaction, so I don't see why all of a sudden it's not working anymore.

That and I remember Paypalsucks.com and a bunch of drama way back in their inception. how much of it was valid? I don't even recall, but it mostly makes Paypal a name I do not particularly trust.

Luckily, my Mastercard is pretty chill. I just should probably not use either of these cards for dinner tonight until I get the phone calls.

[quote name='rybrad']Looks like the code is dead right now for me. If anyone else tries, let me know and I will update the OP accordingly.[/QUOTE]

GREEN-MANGA-MING1 Still working for me. Took Game of Thrones down to $31.95 from the $39.95 full price. Didn't buy it of course, but it worked.

[quote name='atreyuevr']GREEN-MANGA-MING1 Still working for me. Took Game of Thrones down to $31.95 from the $39.95 full price. Didn't buy it of course, but it worked.[/QUOTE]

I did this and bought Game of Thrones for that price acouple days ago. Hopefully it is good!

It looks like they'll have a Clash of Heroes pre-order page up soon (it goes to a 404 error right now). Hopefully there will be a 20% off code to stack on the 15% off pre-orders, making it close to $10.

[quote name='Mikerrrr']It looks like they'll have a Clash of Heroes pre-order page up soon (it goes to a 404 error right now). Hopefully there will be a 20% off code to stack on the 15% off pre-orders, making it close to $10.[/QUOTE]
If you are in the US, don't count on it. They aren't selling Ubisoft games to US customers anymore due to contractual issues. Instead of hiding the games they just 404 if they aren't available for you.

So, are we expecting any more decent titles in the next couple months? I still have about $45 in referral credit, and with their severe discounts, that can put a good dent in the purchase of two games.

I was hoping we'd see Rage before release, but it doesn't look to be happening. Maaaaaybe EA will hop on board? BF3 could be worthwhile.

Unfortunately, without Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft, or Activision, GMG really doesn't have access to any big hitters.

I guess maybe Saints Row The Third? But that's not on the same level as the other titles. Hmm.

/talking out loud

[quote name='mattcube64']So, are we expecting any more decent titles in the next couple months? I still have about $45 in referral credit, and with their severe discounts, that can put a good dent in the purchase of two games.

I was hoping we'd see Rage before release, but it doesn't look to be happening. Maaaaaybe EA will hop on board? BF3 could be worthwhile.

Unfortunately, without Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft, or Activision, GMG really doesn't have access to any big hitters.

I guess maybe Saints Row The Third? But that's not on the same level as the other titles. Hmm.

/talking out loud[/QUOTE]
Saints Row is about it as far as a sure thing goes. Really sucks because they were gaining a lot of momentum with all of their deals too.

bread's done
Back