Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Updated the OP to reflect the Borderlands 2 price reduction (again).
[quote name='gnargnargnar']Risen 2 is $26.76 today with the 20% off code. I've been wanting it since release, and that is the best price I remember seeing -- I just don't know if I have $27 worth of want for it.[/QUOTE]
I would wait for sub $20 range unless you really like the exploring aspect of it. I got it on release and was pretty disappointed by the quality.

[quote name='Steve77']I updated the OP, the links for Borderlands 2 and Dead island are dead.
Please someone approve my edit, thanks[/QUOTE]
Your edit shows you taking the links out, they both still work and are still a deal...

[quote name='rybrad']Your edit shows you taking the links out, they both still work and are still a deal...[/QUOTE]
for me they are taking me to a 404 page, other than the other links which still direct me to the right site... maybe its only me? Dunno

[quote name='Steve77']for me they are taking me to a 404 page, other than the other links which still direct me to the right site... maybe its only me? Dunno[/QUOTE]
Do you live outside the US? Also, in the future, instead of removing links if they are dead try to find the link on their site by searching and post it!

Edit: I appreciate the thought by the way, people rarely edit the OP besides me so it is nice to see some effort.

Borderlands is back to $49.99 and you can still use 20% off to get it for $40.00. Best deal for a single copy right now I think.

Borderlands-2---Top-Offer-Box_.jpg

Edit: If you buy BL1/BL1 GOTY you get a 10% off voucher for BL2. You don't get it if you buy them together. But it doesn't stack with 20% off so you're better off just using that in any case.

Had a $5 credit lying around (believe it was from that free game they let you trade-in a few months back) so got Borderlands 2 down to $35. Not too bad. I bought the 1st game when it was $5 on a Steam and must've put a good 50 hours into it. Don't mind showing Gearbox some more support by buying this one sooner (though always nice to save some cash as well).

re: Risen 2

[quote name='rybrad']
I would wait for sub $20 range unless you really like the exploring aspect of it. I got it on release and was pretty disappointed by the quality.[/QUOTE]

I liked it but if someone goes in expecting a sort of Skyrim sandbox experience then you will definitely be disappointed. I guess it's more along the lines of the Witcher 2 in that you can do a little exploring but you are limited in that. The world does open up a good bit once you get a ship but there's no sailing the high seas.

I enjoyed and it thought it was fun. It had a (mostly) good sense of humor and there's not a ton of pirate games out there.

It's slightly on the short-ish side for an RPG, but that could be a good thing for some.

Combat was okay, could have been better but I am not much of a combat person anyway. I did think the difficulty was too hard in the beginning and too easy in the end but that's Piranha Bytes for you.

All that being said, if someone waited this long you might as well wait a little longer for it to go cheaper at this point.

[quote name='LurkerLito']I have to give props to GMG. I wasn't going to preorder this game at all cause I wasn't willing to spend $60 on it or $54 with that 10% discount steam is giving for the weekend for owning the original Borderlands. At $40 though, it's just at the max I am willing to buy it for on release day.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands 2 is one of the few games I would gladly pay MSRP for at launch if there was no other choice.

Hmmz, you guys think Dark Souls is worth it for $31.xx? Can I get this game cheaper anywhere else? The only reason I hesitate is that I remember an interview where the developers of the game admitted they were having trouble with porting it to the pc.

[quote name='dejeckt']Hmmz, you guys think Dark Souls is worth it for $31.xx? Can I get this game cheaper anywhere else? The only reason I hesitate is that I remember an interview where the developers of the game admitted they were having trouble with porting it to the pc.[/QUOTE]
trouble? They said it would be horrible period. Im waiting for $5 or less

[quote name='Larce80']trouble? They said it would be horrible period. Im waiting for $5 or less[/QUOTE]

Got a source for that? I read the opposite. Unlocked fps, better resolution, powerful PCs will be able to run it better than the consoles, plus the extra content it comes with.

[quote name='Larce80']trouble? They said it would be horrible period. Im waiting for $5 or less[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I guess I wait on it till patches/update come out for it; shame kinda wanted to see the game in better graphics.

Just talked my buddy into pre-ordering some games, and we are getting Invalid Code with both of the 20% off codes. Hope it isn't dead, thought it was until the end of July.

@rybrad you rock my world! I never thought I would get such a great price on Borderlands 2. I had to cancel my preorder on Amazon where I thought the $53 was the lowest I'd get. Thanks so much for posting!

Man trying to decide should I get Borderlands 2 from here with the Discount or should I pre order from gamestop to get their exclusive (Creature Slaughter Dome). Any thought on this?

I highly doubt the game will get any patching after the initial release (unless of course it's a patch to prevent your computer from a spontaneous combustion when playing the game). I will wait till the Steam Winter Sale or perhaps sub $20-ish price. On the other hand I do want to show Namdai that their is a good market for these kind of games on the PC, but it appears their execution of the port is pretty lackluster :cry:

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Man trying to decide should I get Borderlands 2 from here with the Discount or should I pre order from gamestop to get their exclusive (Creature Slaughter Dome). Any thought on this?[/QUOTE]

Personally I feel saving $20 trumps most pre-order bonuses. The Slaughter Dome sounds a bit like the Mad Moxxi DLC for the 1st game, which wasn't something I cared too much for.

[quote name='V878']Personally I feel saving $20 trumps most pre-order bonuses. The Slaughter Dome sounds a bit like the Mad Moxxi DLC for the 1st game, which wasn't something I cared too much for.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and it's likely the Slaughter dome will be released as purchasable DLC later.

i agree, i cant purchase anything, am getting some paypal error

[quote name='Orgymang']It would be nice if the site actually allowed you to purchase things...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']the code for sleeping dogs didn't work for me, i ended up getting borderlands 2 for 40 at the end[/QUOTE]

did they give you a Steam key for Borderlands 2 right away or do you have to wait for the release day to get it?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']did they give you a Steam key for Borderlands 2 right away or do you have to wait for the release day to get it?[/QUOTE]
in the email you get you're told the key will be made available to you at release, i ask them on twitter and they told me that the keys for preorders will be send out a few days before release date

You guys should read this. It will really make the folks here that already pre-ordered Darksiders 2 feel good about their decision and anyone on the fence should probably get it at these prices. This is a hell of an endorsement.
http://icrontic.com/article/darksiders-ii-and-the-triumphant-return-of-pc-gaming

Looks like the collectors edition really was a limited edition. This is one CE that we won't be finding on clearance in a year.
http://www.gamersbliss.com/2012/07/30/darksiders-ii-collectors-edition-sold-out/

[quote name='Blaster man']You guys should read this. It will really make the folks here that already pre-ordered Darksiders 2 feel good about their decision and anyone on the fence should probably get it at these prices. This is a hell of an endorsement.
http://icrontic.com/article/darksiders-ii-and-the-triumphant-return-of-pc-gaming

Looks like the collectors edition really was a limited edition. This is one CE that we won't be finding on clearance in a year.
http://www.gamersbliss.com/2012/07/30/darksiders-ii-collectors-edition-sold-out/[/QUOTE]
I dont see anything special, of course the PC version should look better.

"On the question of graphics options, I was told by both Fitzloff and Everett that the PC version will have a fully tweakable config file as well as the standard in-game graphics options for various resolutions, settings, and options. However, if you want to get really deep, the config file will be there."

just like most port jobs...

"The only consolation (har) to console players was the Xbox 360 controller at every desk. In the development build we played, the keyboard and mouse controls were not implemented yet, although I was reassured on multiple occasions by both Fitzloff and Cureton that the keyboard and mouse controls for PC are being tweaked specifically for PC gamers and are not tacked-on console controls."

yea Im sure they will...not

I cant see how a classic port job is the "return of PC gaming". Article is nothing but hype

[quote name='Blaster man']You guys should read this. It will really make the folks here that already pre-ordered Darksiders 2 feel good about their decision and anyone on the fence should probably get it at these prices. This is a hell of an endorsement.

http://www.gamersbliss.com/2012/07/30/darksiders-ii-collectors-edition-sold-out/[/QUOTE]

Nice read thanks for posting. Now im not sure if I want it on Xbox or PC.

Kinda need some advice-

1. Preorder thru Best Buy and maybe get the 10 savings code (it cost about 10 in gas to drive to BB), but can PM within 60 since im Silver
2. Preorder thru GMG and get it cheap

I think I might preorder it from GMG before this code expires. Looks like there is 2 DLC packs coming out after the Arguls Tomb so the Season pass wouldnt be worth (and the SR3 season pass kinda pissed people off). If I get it thru GMG i can always buy the DLC packs and still pay just the same amount probably.

I do want a physical copy and would like to be able to sit on my couch and play. The potential to PM a copy to 40-50 and maybe get the instore pickup $10 code would be sweet and still have a physical copy. I also have 60 in RZ certs to pay for it.

I may just preorder from both places cause I cant decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Larce80']I dont see anything special, of course the PC version should look better.

"On the question of graphics options, I was told by both Fitzloff and Everett that the PC version will have a fully tweakable config file as well as the standard in-game graphics options for various resolutions, settings, and options. However, if you want to get really deep, the config file will be there."

just like most port jobs...

"The only consolation (har) to console players was the Xbox 360 controller at every desk. In the development build we played, the keyboard and mouse controls were not implemented yet, although I was reassured on multiple occasions by both Fitzloff and Cureton that the keyboard and mouse controls for PC are being tweaked specifically for PC gamers and are not tacked-on console controls."

yea Im sure they will...not

I cant see how a classic port job is the "return of PC gaming". Article is nothing but hype[/QUOTE]

So you don't think that they are going to work with the mouse/keyboard controls and it's a bunch of lies?

It's definitely hype but it sure looks good. I know I'm looking forward to the game.

edit: LOL I saw you posted in the comments section. You're really negative about Darksiders aren't you? Did you hate the first one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hey, hi. I wrote that article. Thanks for linking it.

I tried to convey how committed the developers are to PC gaming, but of course there's always going to be negative nancies and naysayers out there in the internet hate machine.

If you want to buy the console version, go for it. It's not going to somehow suck. My only point was that it was very refreshing from my perspective in the gaming industry to see developers take PC so seriously and treat it with the respect it deserves. Don't be such a dick.

These guys are offering the minimum features that should be in any port. Its not new. Its not a PC game. Its certainly nothing close to "the triumphant return of PC gaming"
(does it even need one?). Attention grabbing title but Im sure most wont take it seriously. Last week the controls werent even in and it ships in 2 weeks...yea Ill believe it when I see it.

If you want a good example of a port look at saints row 3.

Why do some people insist on playing every PC game with a M/KB, get a fucking controller already. Some games are just built for controllers, stop being an elitist douchebag and buy one.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Why do some people insist on playing every PC game with a M/KB, get a fucking controller already. Some games are just built for controllers, stop being an elitist douchebag and buy one.[/QUOTE]

Well I had the Batarang controller for 360 and it shit out on me for some reason. Called Power A and they said it voided the warranty since I used it on my PC. So IDK, dont really understand how it would just mess up. It plugged in fine and worked perfectly then all of a sudden it wouldnt work in my Xbox or PC.

I was sort of thinking I wanted the PC version as it sounds gorgeous, and I have a controller, but then I got an email tonight that my $70 CE from Sears is processing...but it won't show up til the 16th! I need this game on day 1!

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Why do some people insist on playing every PC game with a M/KB, get a fucking controller already. Some games are just built for controllers, stop being an elitist douchebag and buy one.[/QUOTE]

Accept that you have your preferences and others have theirs. To each his own.

Why approach the subject in a douchebag way trying to push your preferences on others?

[quote name='icronticprime']Oh hey, hi. I wrote that article. Thanks for linking it.

I tried to convey how committed the developers are to PC gaming, but of course there's always going to be negative nancies and naysayers out there in the internet hate machine.

If you want to buy the console version, go for it. It's not going to somehow suck. My only point was that it was very refreshing from my perspective in the gaming industry to see developers take PC so seriously and treat it with the respect it deserves. Don't be such a dick.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing there is an embargo of some sort and you can't tell us what you would rate it on a scale of 0 to 100 based on the 10 hours you played of it?

Wow, theyre really trying to sell more Darksoul copies..$6.50 trade in bonus when you buy it, comes down to $32.99 for me. Cant use voucher though :D
Ill get it later at $5

bread's done
Back