Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'm in the same boat, looks great but I can't commit money to it yet. If I was buying a physical copy I'd have preordered a couple months ago when I saw footage of this.[/QUOTE]

You know what, I'm thinking about getting it and keeping the key. If the reviews are bad when it comes out, then I'll trade it.

[quote name='facls']You know what, I'm thinking about getting it and keeping the key. If the reviews are bad when it comes out, then I'll trade it.[/QUOTE]
I thought about doing that too.

I don't get charged any conversion fees via Paypal because you're paying them in US dollars. If there's any conversion it's on their end after I've made my payment. That's how it works as far as I'm aware, anything else wouldn't make sense to me. They bill me in US dollars and I pay them in US dollars. If that's not how it works then I'd like to know. I do get charged conversion from my Canadian funds to US but that's a whole different thing.

Checked my Paypal record for Borderlands 2 purchase from today. I was charged in US funds, they can't charge again for some kind of conversion to GBP. I don't see why it'd be any different via credit card. I have only shopped there with Paypal so what do I know...

If you're paying them in GBP then you'd have to pay a conversion fee from US, I have only ever been charged USD from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW I have been buying from them sporadically for quite some time via Paypal and I don't ever recall getting a conversion fee either.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I thought about doing that too.

I don't get charged any conversion fees via Paypal because you're paying them in US dollars. If there's any conversion it's on their end after I've made my payment. That's how it works as far as I'm aware, anything else wouldn't make sense to me. They bill me in US dollars and I pay them in US dollars. If that's not how it works then I'd like to know. I do get charged conversion from my Canadian funds to US but that's a whole different thing.

Checked my Paypal record for Borderlands 2 purchase from today. I was charged in US funds, they can't charge again for some kind of conversion to GBP. I don't see why it'd be any different via credit card. I have only shopped there with Paypal so what do I know...

If you're paying them in GBP then you'd have to pay a conversion fee from US, I have only ever been charged USD from them.[/QUOTE]

I live in Brazil and I never payed any conversion fees.

I now have 4 things pre-ordered from GMG, Dark Souls and Borderlands 2 today plus Darksiders 2 and Guild Wars 2 I pre-ordered during the steam sale week.

Thinking of picking of Arcania and Fall of Setarrif with this coupon but the "this game cannot be traded in" kind makes me wonder. Why not, GMG? Why not?

I want to order Dark Souls, Borderlands2, and Darksiders 2 but the CAG in me makes buying anything for more than 15 bucks like passing a bolder. I'm so beyond broke at the moment that the decision is easy.

[quote name='aus_nacht']I want to order Dark Souls, Borderlands2, and Darksiders 2 but the CAG in me makes buying anything for more than 15 bucks like passing a bolder. I'm so beyond broke at the moment that the decision is easy.[/QUOTE]
$15!? woah there big spender!

I dont want to get any of them either. Maybe if there were some good $5 sale games..

Payment issues

tengushee2 Aug 01 • Announcements

We are aware that many of our customers have been affected by the error message “Order Not Complete,” and that a large number of those orders were being falsely rejected by the system that we use. We would like to offer our collective apologies to everyone who had been affected, as we understand the level of frustration this has caused for a number of you.

We are now actively going through individual payment issues and we will keep you informed with the latest updates as soon as they happen. If you were unable to complete the purchase of a game, please do raise a ticket.

We know that this may have stopped you taking up our 20% voucher offer so when we resolve this issue we will create another code and send it out publicly on our blog. Please check back on our blog or follow us on Twitter for the latest news.

US banks

For those customers in the US, you may have experienced a different payment collection issue. Due to our name, ‘Green Man Gaming’ we have had some banks reject payment as they think we are a gambling site. We are in direct conversation with these banks but please continue to report this to us by raising a ticket as it helps identify those banks who we may not have spoken to yet.

Maybe it's just my particular bank that charges me the conversion fee whenever I use my card for overseas purchases such as GMG, Gamersgate, etc. Might have to set up a Paypal account for GMG and start saving that $1 or so on every purchase. :D

EDIT: Updated my old Paypal account with my bank information and ordered Borderlands 2 from GMG. Now let's see if I still get charged the conversion fee...

EDIT 2: The $1.08 extra charge for Sleeping Dogs just showed up on my account and they call it an "International Transaction Fee". Really hoping I can eliminate this with Paypal.

[quote name='hal']Sweet... I grabbed Borderlands 2 for $29 after the discounts and some freebie trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

How many trade-ins did you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Killbomb']Maybe it's just my particular bank that charges me the conversion fee whenever I use my card for overseas purchases such as GMG, Gamersgate, etc. Might have to set up a Paypal account for GMG and start saving that $1 or so on every purchase. :D

EDIT: Updated my old Paypal account with my bank information and ordered Borderlands 2 from GMG. Now let's see if I still get charged the conversion fee...

EDIT 2: The $1.08 extra charge for Sleeping Dogs just showed up on my account and they call it an "International Transaction Fee". Really hoping I can eliminate this with Paypal.

How many trade-ins did you have?[/QUOTE]

Do you have Chase? I used to have Chase and they were much more evil about charging a conversion fee. Wellsfargo never does online, only if it's a B&M business and I am swiping my card there at the actual international business.

I also get "Foreign Transaction Fees" from my CC. But I never really know what purchase it's from since on my statement it is just one collated line. But I know for a fact that GMG(UK), GoG (Europe), and any other place that is outside the US (even if they charge in US dollars) has a % off the price paid fee associated.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Do you have Chase? I used to have Chase and they were much more evil about charging a conversion fee. Wellsfargo never does online, only if it's a B&M business and I am swiping my card there at the actual international business.[/QUOTE]

I have Chase and use Paypal to pay and I have never seen this charge. I have 9 games from GMG.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Do you have Chase? I used to have Chase and they were much more evil about charging a conversion fee. Wellsfargo never does online, only if it's a B&M business and I am swiping my card there at the actual international business.[/QUOTE]

Nope...Bank of America.

[quote name='Killbomb']Nope...Bank of America.[/QUOTE]

Who is the other most likely to nickel and dime your ass to death bank after Chase. ;)

Yeah, I forgot about BoA, hate them even more. Have you guys ever tried loading paypal credit into your account first and then paying with that? Just wondering if that might be away to avoid any conversion fees.

Dark Souls pre-order is DOTD with a 20% off code WHATB-IGJAW-SUHAV, however it's cheaper (and doesn't stack with unfortunately) the 25% off code of PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN.

A shame because while I'm really on the fence due to the GFWL + dev studio saying it's a bare bones port (ie don't expect miracles) I would have bitten @ 25% + 20% off.

[quote name='Motoki']Dark Souls pre-order is DOTD with a 20% off code WHATB-IGJAW-SUHAV, however it's cheaper (and doesn't stack with unfortunately) the 25% off code of PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN.

A shame because while I'm really on the fence due to the GFWL + dev studio saying it's a bare bones port (ie don't expect miracles) I would have bitten @ 25% + 20% off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would have been an amazing deal, lol.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, I forgot about BoA, hate them even more. Have you guys ever tried loading paypal credit into your account first and then paying with that? Just wondering if that might be away to avoid any conversion fees.[/QUOTE]

If there's a way to do this, I'd love to know. I've wanted to do this before to avoid overdraft fees (I have an account I use specifically for buying games). AFAIK though, there's no such thing. :cry:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, I forgot about BoA, hate them even more. Have you guys ever tried loading paypal credit into your account first and then paying with that? Just wondering if that might be away to avoid any conversion fees.[/QUOTE]

I linked my Paypal account with my bank card and ordered Borderlands 2 last night so I guess I'll find out soon if that avoids the transaction fee.

[quote name='Motoki']Who is the other most likely to nickel and dime your ass to death bank after Chase. ;)[/QUOTE]

The international fee is the only thing they really hit me with. The stuff I use like a debit card and online bill pay are all free.

[quote name='atreyuevr']If there's a way to do this, I'd love to know. I've wanted to do this before to avoid overdraft fees (I have an account I use specifically for buying games). AFAIK though, there's no such thing. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Well, if you confirm and validate your account you can. At least if I understand what you want. I can go and add money from my bank account to my paypal balance. So let's say I want to have a paypal budget of $50 for the next 3-4 months for my bundle purchases. I just transfer 50 bucks from my bank to paypal and will have the $50 in paypal credit sitting in my account whenever I need it. When I pay for anything through paypal, it will default to my paypal credit until I run out or don't have enough - then when I try to pay for something it will show something like:

Paypal Credit: $1
Remaining Balance Withdrawn From: Wells Fargo Bank Account #

Then when I see that I know I am out of cash so I either don't make the purchase or know that my $50 have run out.

Tried to bite on GW2 at 20% off a week ago, but they kept denying my payments. Customer support got back to me after the coupon expired. Blessing in disguise, apparently.

I don't even know why I bought it though. Hopefully I can get in to it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, if you confirm and validate your account you can. At least if I understand what you want. I can go and add money from my bank account to my paypal balance. So let's say I want to have a paypal budget of $50 for the next 3-4 months for my bundle purchases. I just transfer 50 bucks from my bank to paypal and will have the $50 in paypal credit sitting in my account whenever I need it. When I pay for anything through paypal, it will default to my paypal credit until I run out or don't have enough - then when I try to pay for something it will show something like:

Paypal Credit: $1
Remaining Balance Withdrawn From: Wells Fargo Bank Account #

Then when I see that I know I am out of cash so I either don't make the purchase or know that my $50 have run out.[/QUOTE]

I swear, I tried for days to find such a feature, but all I could find is add money to my bank account (from PayPal). Where are you finding this?

[quote name='atreyuevr']I swear, I tried for days to find such a feature, but all I could find is add money to my bank account (from PayPal). Where are you finding this?[/QUOTE]

When I log in under the My Account tab the first sub tap is "overview" but right next to it is "Add Money"

now if I hover over "Add Money" it only shows the option to "Add Money from Moneypak" - but if I just click the "Add Money" sub tab directly it takes me to a page where I can add money from my bank account. Now I have a verified and validated account linked to my bank account, don't know if that makes a difference.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']When I log in under the My Account tab the first sub tap is "overview" but right next to it is "Add Money"

now if I hover over "Add Money" it only shows the option to "Add Money from Moneypak" - but if I just click the "Add Money" sub tab directly it takes me to a page where I can add money from my bank account. Now I have a verified and validated account linked to my bank account, don't know if that makes a difference.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was missing, thanks! =]

[quote name='atreyuevr']That's what I was missing, thanks! =][/QUOTE]

No prob, it's a pretty bad system IMO. I don't know why they don't have a "Add Money From Bank Account" option unless you click directly. Almost like they are trying to hide it. And what in the world is moneypak...lol

*sigh* And now Guild Wars 2 is sold out. I've been trying since Tuesday to buy it only to have my order repeatedly rejected on 4 different cards. I've yet to even hear back from support despite contact them after it first happened. I'm getting pretty close to just swearing off the site, heh.

[quote name='Cantatus']*sigh* And now Guild Wars 2 is sold out. I've been trying since Tuesday to buy it only to have my order repeatedly rejected on 4 different cards. I've yet to even hear back from support despite contact them after it first happened. I'm getting pretty close to just swearing off the site, heh.[/QUOTE]

They'll probably get more keys for GW2 in a couple of days. They've sold out twice before and got more keys relatively fast.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']No prob, it's a pretty bad system IMO. I don't know why they don't have a "Add Money From Bank Account" option unless you click directly. Almost like they are trying to hide it. And what in the world is moneypak...lol[/QUOTE]

Beats the hell outta me. Probably something from overseas like Rixty on GG. Wtf is Rixty? Lol

[quote name='Motoki']So apparently Greenman says Dawnguard will be up "in the near future".

http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/2537/?page=2#post-25016[/QUOTE]

I'll have to keep an eye out for it even though I haven't finished the main quest in the Skyrim after 120 hours. :D

Speaking of the Elder Scrolls, bought Morrowind GOTY the other day when Steam had it for 66% off and after the graphics and sound overhaul mod, it looks amazing.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad 75% off - $4.99
Steam activable.
Stackable with PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN -25% voucher, so the effective price is $3.75

Deal seems to be good, but I'm not sure if I want this game, because I still haven't even installed RO1, which I have got since January.

Thats a really great price for Red Orchestra 2

The game is completely different from Red Orchestra 1 (they went more infantry based with the second one)

I recommend it at that price because even though i really really suck at the game (ill be lucky if i get one kill in a 25 min match) i love it because of how realistic it is

by far one of the most realistic shooters out there, plus its made by tripwire who is a great developer (they are still supporting killing floor which is years old)

[quote name='poxi']Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad 75% off - $4.99
Steam activable.

Deal seems to be good, but I'm not sure if I want this game, because I still haven't even installed RO1, which I have got since January.[/QUOTE]
Hmm PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN voucher isn't working for me..:cry:

[quote name='cloretsfresh']Hmm PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN voucher isn't working for me..:cry:[/QUOTE]
Weird. I checked once again and it's working for me. Maybe because I haven't bought anything with it.

[quote name='poxi']Weird. I checked once again and it's working for me. Maybe because I haven't bought anything with it.[/QUOTE]
Looks like it. The code worked once I logged out.

[quote name='Syntax Error']RO2 is really a multiplayer game, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it has bots for AI matches, but they are horrible.

[quote name='poxi']Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad 75% off - $4.99
Steam activable.

Deal seems to be good, but I'm not sure if I want this game, because I still haven't even installed RO1, which I have got since January.[/QUOTE]

Sweet deal thanks!

I don't think that many are still playing RO1 - I remember less than a handful of populated (US) servers when I last tried it about a year or two ago.

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']Too bad the Digital Deluxe edition is $44.95 and not 75% off., but I'm still in for the base game at $3.75.[/QUOTE]

Honestly the DD is not worth it too much unless you are interested in the other game bonuses like the KF characters. I got the DD from Steam, but I am a KF whore :)

My friends want me to buy two borderlands 2 keys. Is it possible for me to make multiple accounts and pay with the same card since it won't let you order more than one copy.

How does the trading part works with Greenman gaming -- if I bought a game that I activated on steam, can I still use it to trade for another game, or would they take my steam key away if I trade it in?

bread's done
Back