Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Syntax Error']The Impulse client thing isn't a deal-breaker for a great sale but it is an unnecessary PITA and drops them down off my regular list of sites to check. For a dollar or two difference, I'd rather go with the place that doesn't make me jump through hoops but, for a deep discount, I'll accept the install/uninstall polka.[/QUOTE]
It's a total deal breaker for me, never shopping there/installing that garbage again.

[quote name='arschloch']It actually wasn't a big deal. It's true that I had to download and install Impulse just to get the the product keys. After I got the keys from Impulse and entered them into Steam, I simply uninstalled Impulse. Total amount of time spent: 10-15 minutes. No big deal.[/QUOTE]

Had a similar experience - not a huge hassle but an unnecessary one. Still, can't see myself buying much of anything from them in the future unless they have some really great deals.

A little off-topic, but gamestreamer.com is running a nearly identical deal on Paradox games, including Crusader Kings II and Warlock and all of their DLC - and has it all in stock. Their site isn't the best. It barfed up technical error messages when I tried to pay via credit card (and I eventually gave up and just paid via Paypal). But it's legit, as I found it through a link on the official site for Warlock.

Edit: and to tie into the current discussion, you get all the Steam codes for your purchases right through the website. No need to install a client or anything.

[quote name='bVork']A little off-topic, but gamestreamer.com is running a nearly identical deal on Paradox games, including Crusader Kings II and Warlock and all of their DLC - and has it all in stock. Their site isn't the best. It barfed up technical error messages when I tried to pay via credit card (and I eventually gave up and just paid via Paypal). But it's legit, as I found it through a link on the official site for Warlock.

Edit: and to tie into the current discussion, you get all the Steam codes for your purchases right through the website. No need to install a client or anything.[/QUOTE]

I've never needed to install anything to get my keys from GreenManGaming. It's probably one of the easiest sites for me in that regard. Bought something this morning and it wasn't a problem.

That was in response to the discussion about having to deal with Gamestop's client (since they're doing a similar deal for CK2) to get Steam codes.

[quote name='stupidproz1']Kingdoms of Amalur is $8 today with coupon code. Not a bad deal for anyone who was waiting on the vanilla version for under $10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Origin =(

Anywhere you get KOA now will be Origin, only way to get it on Steam is to buy it on Steam. Since they were self published probably never gonna be another sale for it again on Steam.

[quote name='rybrad']Today's deals:
Tony mentioned awhile ago that KoA was going to have a deal in November with the game + DLC for $12. Not sure if that is still happening but something to keep in mind as the DLC is fairly decent.

Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning $8 with voucher code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R, requires Origin
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers $4 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R[/QUOTE]

But no Amalur DLC on sale :(

I dont even see that they carry it

[quote name='Drabelincoln']But no Amalur DLC on sale :(

I dont even see that they carry it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not worth it without them selling the DLC or the complete pack with the DLC included.

The Amalur DLC hardly ever goes on sale by itself. I've only seen it on sale twice, once at Gamersgate and once at Amazon and even then it was only half off so you are looking at another $10 just for the DLC.

If they would have sold the full complete pack that includes the DLC and then did 75% off and another 20% on coupon it would have been totally worth it, but not this.

As for Tiny and Big, I passed on the Indie Fort because of no Steam keys but I still can't bring myself to pay $4 for Steam Tiny and Big when I know it was dirt cheap in an indie bundle previously. :p

Are Hitman keys being issued yet? The preload has started.

Hmm, looks like they are not. I'm gonna wait to purchase cause usually with GMG you get your key faster if you order after they start issuing em.

[quote name='Davinatorman']Wow, that KoA deal is amazing. Is the dlc really any good/worth 4 extra bucks? Cause if not, I'm definitely jumping on this.[/QUOTE]

I've heard the DLC is pretty good, especially the Dead Kel one. So for $4 more to get the complete game and that deal is coming this Thursday or Friday I think so I would say it is worth the wait.

[quote name='Davinatorman']Wow, that KoA deal is amazing. Is the dlc really any good/worth 4 extra bucks? Cause if not, I'm definitely jumping on this.[/QUOTE]
The DLC is pretty well done and is north of 4 hours for each pack. I enjoyed the DLC more than the random sidequest shit in the main game so I would say it is worth the $4 since you have to use garbage Origin either way.

Thanks for the opinions, I'll wait for the Amazon deal. As for Origin, well, I guess in my opinion all the free games EA gave out somewhat makes up for the overall stupidity of it.

I thinnk it's worth noting that Tomb Raider is $36 after 20% promo code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R stacking with 10% off for pre-order up on Green Man Gaming now. We might see a 25% off code, but I just went ahead and pre-ordered since it's a great deal.

[quote name='g6grim']Sent in a support ticket to cancel my $30 Hitman Absolutiuon pre-purchase after seeing this review: http://www.pcgamer.com/review/hitman-absolution-review/.
Hopefully, this works and I'll then pick up the game when it's around $10 or so. Very disappointed since Blood Money is one of my all-time favourites.[/QUOTE]

Reviews seem to be all over the place for this game. Anyway, I'm going to keep mine especially since it ended up costing me under $20 after my XCOM credit.

I've read tons of user impressions/complaints and some of the reviews, my take on the situation matches this quote from a review (I think it was Edge review)

Hitman: Absolution is a slick, responsive and mechanically confident game - and on occasions it's one of the most satisfying stealth games in a year that already includes Dishonored - but a range of compromises to Hitman tradition mean it's still going to rub some people up the wrong way.

I've never played a Hitman game, I tried the Blood Money demo but I found it really awkward and unintuitive. Almost everything about Absolution sounds great to me aside from the questionable checkpoint system, so I'm gonna buy it considering the cheap price of $29.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']how can you be disappointed with one person opinion?[/QUOTE]
I'm not paying all that much attention to the overall score or even the glitches described in review, but rather some of the points that were made about gameplay shifting it's focus.
Just mentions of linear gameplay and smaller environments in a Hitman game make me not want to blindly pre-order but wait instead and make a more informed purchase decision.

All the reviews are out and there is a whole lot of user feedback as well, plus youtube gameplay. You can get started on making your informed decision now, if you want.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Several aspects of the PC gamer review have been debunked.[/QUOTE]
care to elaborate on that? I'm honestly curious and want to know

[quote name='buckythekat']care to elaborate on that? I'm honestly curious and want to know[/QUOTE]
This is the main thing, in addition to various user impressions that dispute some of PC Gamer's claims:

http://penny-arcade.com/report/edit...-pc-version-of-hitman-absolution-is-just-fine

A big thing I've read is that the game plays totally differently between Normal and Hard, and the other higher difficulties, that the AI is very stupid on Normal, so you can take that into consideration. I think reviewers usually play on Normal. There are less guards on Normal also.

Last edited by a moderator:
After gleefully discovering some CK2 patch since early summer got CK2 working on HD3000 graphics Macs, I decided to bite the bullet and grab CK2 Legacy of Rome DLC from GameStop. It wasn't bad. I was able to pay with paypal instead of giving them my CC. I bought on my mac just to see if they wouldn't force me to use the GameStop App to get my steam keys. No Dice. I had to install the GameStop/Impulse client on my machine to get my Steam keys. Overall experience, not bad. Really irked to have to install a damn client to get my steam keys.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I've read tons of user impressions/complaints and some of the reviews, my take on the situation matches this quote from a review (I think it was Edge review)

I've never played a Hitman game, I tried the Blood Money demo but I found it really awkward and unintuitive. Almost everything about Absolution sounds great to me aside from the questionable checkpoint system, so I'm gonna buy it considering the cheap price of $29.[/QUOTE]
Blood Money is one of the best games ever made. I recommend you take another swing at it.

Do note the carnival tutorial level sucks. It's an AWFUL lead. Understand that what it's trying to do is make you do one of everything you CAN do. The real game is sandboxy in style

[quote name='zeroskie']Pre-ordered Hitman on GMG. Anyone else having problems getting a key for Sniper Challenge?[/QUOTE]
If your in NA I believe you don't get a key for the Sniper Challenge.

I gave up on waiting for Absolution keys to start issuing and just bought it, would hate for the 10% preorder discount to expire early. I traded in some free game for 50 cents, too. Great price for a new release, I was reading on Neogaf and people were so mad that PC players could get it for half price.

[quote name='g6grim']Sent in a support ticket to cancel my $30 Hitman Absolutiuon pre-purchase after seeing this review: http://www.pcgamer.com/review/hitman-absolution-review/.
Hopefully, this works and I'll then pick up the game when it's around $10 or so. Very disappointed since Blood Money is one of my all-time favourites.[/QUOTE]

If you still want to get rid of it, I'll be keen to get it off you. Not in the US at the moment so the GMG deal comes up to about $35.++ for me even after the discount code.

[quote name='kazunori']If you still want to get rid of it, I'll be keen to get it off you. Not in the US at the moment so the GMG deal comes up to about $35.++ for me even after the discount code.[/QUOTE]
I think the UK version comes with a sniper challenge bonus, fyi. NA ones does not.

[quote name='kazunori']If you still want to get rid of it, I'll be keen to get it off you. Not in the US at the moment so the GMG deal comes up to about $35.++ for me even after the discount code.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, they actually went ahead and cancelled it already.
It's probably still a good game - just seems different from what I was excited about, so it can wait. I'm hoping to see an even better price since it was bundled with hardware.

[quote name='rybrad']Daily Deals
Spec Ops: The Line $6 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R, currently OOS
[/QUOTE]

Will it be back in stock? Later today?

Edit: Bought! Thanks for the great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boredasfook']Just got my Hitman: Absolution key this morning, so check your email's. Pre-loading right now 13.5GB.[/QUOTE]
Just checked my e-mail and I had mine too.

Why does GMG NEVER have anything I want to buy in stock when I go there (first Warlock, now Spec Ops)? So frustrating. Seriously, they are digital items, did they use up their internet connection for the month?

[quote name='Syntax Error']GMG tweeted that they are working on getting more keys.[/QUOTE]

Cool, hope they get it soon.

[quote name='darksurtur']Why does GMG NEVER have anything I want to buy in stock when I go there (first Warlock, now Spec Ops)? So frustrating. Seriously, they are digital items, did they use up their internet connection for the month?[/QUOTE]
Seriously, they don't make the keys for games so they have an inventory just like a physical retailer.

bread's done
Back