Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Sn0w']Cool, hope they get it soon.[/QUOTE]

When this happens they usually get the keys after the sale is over. Then people rage even more.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']When this happens they usually get the keys after the sale is over. Then people rage even more.[/QUOTE]

lol, I hope that is not the case.

[quote name='rybrad']Seriously, they don't make the keys for games so they have an inventory just like a physical retailer.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was venting. But they run a digital goods service. How difficult would it be for them to automate restocking of keys, especially prior to a sale? Or even purchase them wholesale on an as-needed basis. That I don't understand.

So very tempted on Hitman: Absolution for $30, but I have so much else to play on my PC including ACIII. Not sure how long it will take for this game to get below $30...

I must be on a streak of bad luck. I tried three different credit cards and even PayPal, but I could not for the life of me get the order at GMG to go through for Spec Ops: The Line this afternoon :(

[quote name='vince_carter']grabbed spec ops, thanks OP

and i thought GMG did away with the vouchers? not that i'm complaining[/QUOTE]
Due to the popularity of vouchers they are back, I doubt we have seen the last of the credit/cash back deals though.

[quote name='facls']Got Spec Ops a couple of hours, but received no key so far.[/QUOTE]

Just look under "Keys" while logged into your GMG account. It's under your username.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Just look under "Keys" while logged into your GMG account. It's under your username.[/QUOTE]

Not there yet. And nothing by email either.

just leaving this here :whistle2:# if anyone's interested in a hitman sniper challenge key, i'd trade mine for a sonic 4 ep1 or ep2 key which amazon is currently selling.

let me know in pm in case.

edit: done

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='facls']Not there yet. And nothing by email either.[/QUOTE]

I'm not doubting you, but are you sure the purchase went through. I received a purchase confirmation screen that had my key right there in addition to the follow up confirmation email and the key now also resides in my account.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I'm not doubting you, but are you sure the purchase went through. I received a purchase confirmation screen that had my key right there in addition to the follow up confirmation email and the key now also resides in my account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it went through. Got the PayPal confirmation email and an SMS confirmation from my credit card company. The game is there on my Games list on GMG, but no keys for it show up when I click on downloads or keys. On the Keys page, all my other Steam keys from GMG games are there, including the Hitman Absolution one which I received today.

My guess is that they put Spec Ops back on the store but still don't have the keys for everyone. I'm gonna wait until tomorrow until I send them a message.

GMG is giving me a "Order not Complete" notice for Hitman Absolution even though I'm doing everything right.

Would it be possible for someone to buy the game for me for steam through GMG, and I could pay them back with buying $29 worth of something from steam?

I'd appreciate it greatly.

Is there any known time frame for when GMG gets more keys in for games out of stock? I would love to pick up Guild Wars 2 with the 20% off coupon but they are out of keys right now.

[quote name='Saejin8']GMG is giving me a "Order not Complete" notice for Hitman Absolution even though I'm doing everything right.

Would it be possible for someone to buy the game for me for steam through GMG, and I could pay them back with buying $29 worth of something from steam?

I'd appreciate it greatly.[/QUOTE]

I tried PayPal and four different credit cards and I can't buy Spec Ops: The Line from GMG this evening. Rage :bomb: I'm ordering from the U.S. but apparently nothing's accepted or all of my accounts' "security" measures are barring me from buying. Bleh! :(

Update: I guess I need to file a support ticket with em...
http://slickdeals.net/f/5030880-HOW...ccount-so-you-can-use-credit-cards-and-paypal

Yeah, I've been through this before with GMG, with PayPal not working when their having a great sale. It seems to be working now though, as I was able to purchase Spec Ops, but I know what a bummer this is. Therefore if anyone wants to get Spec Ops but is unable to, you can PM me and I will purchase the game and PM the Steam code to you in exchange for $6 PayPal.
Just a few things though; first of all as I am currently overseas PayPal might charge a small fee, which must be absorbed by you in addition to any other fees. Also, there are no guarantees; if it doesn't work this time around then there's nothing I can do. And finally as the deal ends in 1 hr, I will only be purchasing for those who PM me in the next 45 min. Please guys, don't make me regret doing this.

Edit: After looking around a bit, it seems that GMG doesn't allow purchasing multiple copies of the same game, and since I've already purchased Spec Ops, I will be unable to purchase it for anyone else. Sorry.

No buzz for Shad'O at $2.20? Game seemed to have some potential, although I haven't seen a whole lot in terms of reviews. Also could end up in an indie bundle someday though.

[quote name='Necrotron']No buzz for Shad'O at $2.20? Game seemed to have some potential, although I haven't seen a whole lot in terms of reviews. Also could end up in an indie bundle someday though.[/QUOTE]

I'd be all over it, but the problem with games bought from GMG that require Capsule are a bit of a no-no. Their client is shoddy and has a lot of problems with certain games. As a rule of thumb, you should stick to buying games from them only when they come with keys which can be activated on a 3rd party client like Steam or Origin.

Sleeping Dogs is $13.60 today (use code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R)

Too bad that site won't let me buy though - My 2 PayPal accounts and 2 cards are all declining them for some reason.

Submitted a ticket for Hitman (I bought at $36 this summer) for a price match. They have credited me 6.75. Happy with that. I like knowing that I don't get screwed because I pre-ordered.

Looks like Spec Ops got extended another day.

20% off voucher GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R, excludes some titles that already have a deal
Expires Friday, November 23, 2012 at 7am EST

Daily(ish) Deal
Awesomenauts $4 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Bang Bang Racing $4 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Sleeping Dogs $13.60 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Spec Ops: The Line $6 (Steamworks) with above voucher code

I'm wondering if I missed something. The original post says borderlands 2 season pass is 18 but it's 23 on the page and the 20% off doesn't work with the season pass.

[quote name='kazunori']Did Spec Ops just revert to its original price? It was $6 when I was looking a few minutes ago, and now it's back to $29.99.[/QUOTE]
Looks that way, the slide even had a timer on it with 20 hours left...
[quote name='aus_nacht']I'm wondering if I missed something. The original post says borderlands 2 season pass is 18 but it's 23 on the page and the 20% off doesn't work with the season pass.[/QUOTE]
They keep changing if it works with the voucher or not, I changed the OP back to $23 and will leave it that way.

[quote name='rybrad']Looks that way, the slide even had a timer on it with 20 hours left...

They keep changing if it works with the voucher or not, I changed the OP back to $23 and will leave it that way.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I'll keep trying then.

[quote name='Severose']I'd be all over it, but the problem with games bought from GMG that require Capsule are a bit of a no-no. Their client is shoddy and has a lot of problems with certain games. As a rule of thumb, you should stick to buying games from them only when they come with keys which can be activated on a 3rd party client like Steam or Origin.[/QUOTE]

Unless you can only get it from GMG, like High School Dreams.

Hmm, Sleeping Dogs at $13.60, that stomps Amazon's $20. Tempting, I'd buy it if I felt like I'd get around to playing it anytime soon, still tempting. There's a demo on steam, if you're undecided.

I loved the Sleeping Dogs demo. Looking forward to this one. Was going to pick this up on console for $30 but this is a better deal than if I had bought it, beat the game and resold it.

Sleeping Dogs for less than $14 on my desktop system is an easy impulse buy.

Still want to pick it up for my 360 at some point, but this will hold me over until this Winter when it hits GF for $15

Tried every payment method I know, and none are accepted. This after I call my bank (said it didn't seem to be declined from their end, nothing they could do) and PayPal (said it would work in 30 minutes, still doesn't work). Oh, well, $20 from Amazon is still a good deal, right?

[quote name='bradmanuel']Tried every payment method I know, and none are accepted. This after I call my bank (said it didn't seem to be declined from their end, nothing they could do) and PayPal (said it would work in 30 minutes, still doesn't work). Oh, well, $20 from Amazon is still a good deal, right?[/QUOTE]
$20 is still a good deal. I would contact GMG support, people have been reporting they are able to fix some purchasing issues with their account, worth a try at least.

Couldn't resist Sleeping Dogs at that price. Thanks gents.
[quote name='Hibiki Rush']Tried to get Sleeping Dogs, no go on 4 cards. How is this website still around?[/QUOTE]
I couldn't either. Ended up using paypal.

[quote name='Severose']I'd be all over it, but the problem with games bought from GMG that require Capsule are a bit of a no-no. Their client is shoddy and has a lot of problems with certain games. As a rule of thumb, you should stick to buying games from them only when they come with keys which can be activated on a 3rd party client like Steam or Origin.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good point. Yeah, I'd rather only buy it if it came with a steam key. Guess I'll wait until the next opportunity.

[quote name='warreni']Hm. What do we think the odds are SD will go lower by Christmas?[/QUOTE]

It's a buck short of 75% percent off. For it to go lower would require an MSRP drop or greater than 75% off. It's 3 months old right now.

bread's done
Back