GrimGrimoire new at GS for $29.99

bardockkun

Eating Hot Dogs Horizontally
Feedback
4 (100%)
Was at Gamestop today and saw GrimGrimoire new for $29.99 today. Marked down from $39.99, considering you can find it.

On the website it can only be found used (for $24.99) on the post below this (thanks Botticus).

[quote name='boihookantsbell']question, how did you find grim grimoire on the gamestop website?[/QUOTE]
You need to click on the 'Show backordered used products that may be available in stores' link at the bottom of the search results page. Unfortunately you need to search for something with results to get the link to show up first...

This game kinda sucks. It's like a side-view RTS. But once agian, it's got GORGEOUS 2D graphics from Vanillaware...not as breathtaking as Odin Sphere, but pretty goddamn incredible. The character portraits and voicework are also top notch. I just felt it was kind of dull--and it's definitely tricky playing an RTS with a PS2 controller. Should have made it for the Wii!

GrimGrimoire for Wii would be very interesting, wouldn't be surprised at all if that does happen except for the fact that Atlus doesn't seem terribly interested in making games for Wii, or ports in general.

By the way I scanned one at Wal-Mart today for $40, was hoping it would be $20 as somebody once reported.

[quote name='freshzen']GrimGrimoire for Wii would be very interesting, wouldn't be surprised at all if that does happen except for the fact that Atlus doesn't seem terribly interested in making games for Wii, or ports in general.

By the way I scanned one at Wal-Mart today for $40, was hoping it would be $20 as somebody once reported.[/QUOTE]
Atlus has nothing to do with GrimGrimoire. Vanilla Ware made it and NIS published it. On the other hand Atlus ported Trauma Center from DS to the Wii and is releasing the sequel on Wii.

[quote name='tomatotyrant']This game kinda sucks. It's like a side-view RTS. But once agian, it's got GORGEOUS 2D graphics from Vanillaware...not as breathtaking as Odin Sphere, but pretty goddamn incredible. The character portraits and voicework are also top notch. I just felt it was kind of dull--and it's definitely tricky playing an RTS with a PS2 controller. Should have made it for the Wii![/quote]

Actually, it kinda doesn't suck. And actually, the controls are quite well done considering it is a RTS on a console. All the battles take as little as 10-15 minutes to maybe a max of 45 minutes for some of the longer ones. Perfect length for a fun RTS with a cool, light-hearted story. I was very impressed with how they handled the controls and the units and was surprised on the depth it has considering its a console RTS.

Well, one of my local stores had a used copy so I just swung by and picked it up. It was in pristine condition - looks like it's never been played. Unfortunately, the store that had it was the only one around me that refuses to stack the Edge card with coupons, so I lost out on $2.50 additonal savings I should have gotten - but I'm just being nit-picky now. ;) Used a local $5 off used coupon to get it down to $20, and I consider that a steal considering the condition of the game.

Thanks OP! :)

bread's done
Back