GrimGrimoire preorder bonuses from NISA

I have it preordered, so hopefully it's good. It better be too, since I have 3 other games preordered that are coming out the same day... Lots of competition for my time!

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Ugh, these Atlas games are only popular because they are at the end of the PS2's lifespan. I see no reason to even rent this game.[/QUOTE]
Actually this game is published by NIS America, not Atlus.

I went ahead and pre-ordered the Silver Star Special. I also bought Atelier Iris 3 but didn't spend the extra money on any of the bonuses. I think it just depends on the game as to wether the bonuses are worth it or not. It should always be optional not forced. Especially when you are talking about a 15-20$ price difference. I also noticed they are taking Pre-orders for Persona 3 and it comes with the artbook and OST for 49.99. Not bad IMO.

Sounds interesting, I shrugged this off at first but I'll get it. Is it a Gamestop exclusive or something? I'd rather pick it up at Best Buy so I can use a $5.00 off coupon.

As it's published and distributed by NIS & Koei, respectively, I'd imagine that the print numbers for this are going to be higher than those of Odin Sphere. I really haven't had any difficulty tracking down an NIS game, I think they tend to overprint their games...

[quote name='Starky27']As it's published and distributed by NIS & Koei, respectively, I'd imagine that the print numbers for this are going to be higher than those of Odin Sphere. I really haven't had any difficulty tracking down an NIS game, I think they tend to overprint their games...[/QUOTE]

Every NIS game I've seen has ever dropped price, and not really gone up. All the Atelier games, Disgaea 2... can't think of what else they put out but it's probably dropped price too (I want to say Makai Kingdom but I don't know if Atlus published it).

I'm waiting on the drop for Atelier Iris 3, and I'll wait on this one too probably, got too many RPG's in the queue already.

But good to see it's getting good reviews.

Distributed by Koei? Thats bizzare. Like Roufuss said - Everything that NIS has PUBLISHED has dropped. They're no Atlus (and Even Atlus hasnt published anything mindnumbingly rare since DDS1 in 2005)

I like supporting them an awful lot, but it seems this time they're straight up taking advantage of their fans.

has anyone gotten this game? I ordered it from buy.com, but it has yet to ship (and now shows unavailable on their website) and other sites (amazon for example) either show it not yet or not at all.
I see there are still many copies up on rosenqueen, but haven't since this in a store either. Wondering if it is delayed.

[quote name='vherub']has anyone gotten this game? I ordered it from buy.com, but it has yet to ship (and now shows unavailable on their website) and other sites (amazon for example) either show it not yet or not at all.
I see there are still many copies up on rosenqueen, but haven't since this in a store either. Wondering if it is delayed.[/QUOTE]

Don't jump to conclusion so fast . If you package didn't ship, it probably just buy's crappy service. I know a mom and pop store that could of gotten both Hoshigami and GrimGrimoire yesterday, but they decided to pick it up today since there are many new release yesterday and bill total were too expensive. Like any other store, rpg sales are really bad. I think yesterday releases included those two, the bigs, harry potter, overlord, darkness, transformer, the hour of victory, final fantasy i psp, ratatouile and pokemon revolution.

Anyway, I got a delivery notification from NIS today, that my package have been shipped. I'm going to bet it's coming to my doorstep one weak later. That's how long it took for my last order of Artlier Iris 3, UPS ground from California to NY is pretty slow. I'm not too impatient I got to many games to play in meantime

If anyone preordered the Silver Star Special package, please post a picture of what the postcard package really looks like in real life when it arrives. I'm curious as to what that folder thing is made of, and whether it's worth the extra money.

ggbook.jpg

If anyone preordered the Silver Star Special package, please post a picture of what the postcard package really looks like in real life when it arrives. I'm curious as to what that folder thing is made of, and whether it's worth the extra money.

ggbook.jpg

aw man I cant wait to get my hand on this:

wallclockbig.jpg

I dont even have the time and money for this game, but I want dat clock!!

The crazy thing is, I went to two Gamestop's today, both only received two copies a piece and had already sold 1. One store told me that they aren't stocking this one in big numbers since it's a niche title on a "dead" system, and this was a store that generally gets big numbers of everything, niche or not since they are a big volume store.

[quote name='Roufuss']The crazy thing is, I went to two Gamestop's today, both only received two copies a piece and had already sold 1. One store told me that they aren't stocking this one in big numbers since it's a niche title on a "dead" system, and this was a store that generally gets big numbers of everything, niche or not since they are a big volume store.[/quote]
Seems to be the same story in my area. GS's store locator shows 1-3 copies (which, in my experience, means only one copy) at some locations. The one I went to said they only received the one copy. Obviously I didn't buy it.

BB's site shows it arriving next week. I'l pick it up there.

my ebgames has my preorder, surprisingly, I am the only person that preordered it so they only got one copy. I guess EB decided that this game wasn't going to be a hot seller and decided to only fulfill preorders.

[quote name='62t']Got mine today. Dont know if i am going to start since I am really enjoying Rogue Galaxy[/quote]
Did you order the one with the bonus postcards? How's the quality of the postcards, especially of the folder thing that holds the postcards?

[quote name='eau']Did you order the one with the bonus postcards? How's the quality of the postcards, especially of the folder thing that holds the postcards?[/QUOTE]

They're real postcards printed on heavy weight paper. The outside 'book' is a little thicker, but the binding is so tight I dare not try and open this thing too much in case the cards are designed to fall out easily...

Also, found a thread on GameFAQs that indicate they screwed up on the Soundtrack CD...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=937039&topic=36361482

[quote name='Starky27']They're real postcards printed on heavy weight paper. The outside 'book' is a little thicker, but the binding is so tight I dare not try and open this thing too much in case the cards are designed to fall out easily...

Also, found a thread on GameFAQs that indicate they screwed up on the Soundtrack CD...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=937039&topic=36361482[/quote] Oh! Crap!

I was considering ordering it because the postcard book looks like a decent bonus...until I read about the screwed up CD part. I'll keep the money first...

Lucked out and got this used for $28 shipped off eBay (as used as a game can be in 3 days), made my purchase decision much easier. That whole "can't save in the middle of a campaign" part is going to make this an almost unfinishable game for me, but I'm willing to give it a shot based on what I've seen so far.

hmm... I might buy this game tomorrow...

NIS will be selling it directly at AX.

no tax plus all profits go to their pockets.

we recently discovered that the OST that went out to everyone was burned as a data cd, not an audio. which means it wont play in any regular cd players and can only be ripped/played by programs like itunes (or maybe JUST itunes).

so right now we're trying to figure out a fix, but we don't want to sell what's basically a faulty product like that. unfortunately, this came to light right as we were getting ready to slave away at anime expo (where we'll stay until this coming tuesday) so the solution is a bit slow in coming.

so please be patient and bear with us while we try and figure out whose head to put under the guillotine.

looks like it is good idea to not get the special edition for now

Just finished Day 2 of the 4th cycle. This game is fun and I like the fact that it stresses quick, efficient battles. Still haven't got the hang of handling Alchemy though, the units aren't really anything that's strong enough to stand on their own, though I love the Chimera animations. Only thing that I'm somewhat bummed about is the lack of reward for completing the Trial stages...

[quote name='botticus']Which $5 coupon is that?[/quote]

Oh, my bad, I thought the Gampro coupon was still valid. I didn't realized it expired in June. I guess if you still have a GCC. Any new Gampro coupons for July.

[quote name='MadFlava']Oh, my bad, I thought the Gampro coupon was still valid. I didn't realized it expired in June. I guess if you still have a GCC. Any new Gampro coupons for July.[/quote]GGCs are expired too. It's all over! Nothing new yet. Thats why I went ahead and snatched it off eBay for a decent deal.

[quote name='Starky27']Just finished Day 2 of the 4th cycle. This game is fun and I like the fact that it stresses quick, efficient battles. Still haven't got the hang of handling Alchemy though, the units aren't really anything that's strong enough to stand on their own, though I love the Chimera animations. Only thing that I'm somewhat bummed about is the lack of reward for completing the Trial stages...[/QUOTE]

Glad someone else is actually PLAYING this game, instead of talking about soundtracks ;).

I'm nearly finished with it. A small warning - the game is *very* short compared to most RPG's. But wait, this isn't an RPG at all, is it ;). I'm on Day 5 of the 4th cycle and it has taken me about 11 hours to get there. Chimeras are OK, but nothing beats the Dragons.

The story is interesting and the battling is fun, though I seem to have settled on a combo that wipes out most everything pretty easily. The bonus missions spice things up because they have specific requirements (forcing you to use units you will otherwise ignore). However, is it true there's nothing for the bonus missions? I only did the first one. There also doesn't seem to be any reward, or, as far as I can tell, any record, even, of the scores you get in the normal missions either (maybe if you play them again?). When you finish you get a score and a rank and accompanying fireworks (if you do well), etc... But then all I see when I select them again are the emblems for the difficulty levels ("Sweet", "Easy", and "Normal"). I always play normal so all three come up colored in after the mission. I suppose if you do easy then normal will still be grayed out. I wonder how easy the "Sweet" level is ;). I haven't tried an easy mission yet, but the normal level is just about right.

Here are some grimgrimoire postcard I took. I hope mod won't takes this down. It's a lot of postcards in one book.

[quote name='io']The story is interesting and the battling is fun, though I seem to have settled on a combo that wipes out most everything pretty easily. The bonus missions spice things up because they have specific requirements (forcing you to use units you will otherwise ignore). However, is it true there's nothing for the bonus missions? I only did the first one. There also doesn't seem to be any reward, or, as far as I can tell, any record, even, of the scores you get in the normal missions either (maybe if you play them again?). When you finish you get a score and a rank and accompanying fireworks (if you do well), etc... But then all I see when I select them again are the emblems for the difficulty levels ("Sweet", "Easy", and "Normal"). I always play normal so all three come up colored in after the mission. I suppose if you do easy then normal will still be grayed out. I wonder how easy the "Sweet" level is ;). I haven't tried an easy mission yet, but the normal level is just about right.[/QUOTE]
The only unlockable in this game is a Hard difficulty, but there is no record kept of how well you do on a level (so it's kinda pointless for that end score). Also, just started cycle 5. I like the missions where you have to race to build up a force to go knock out the enemy's Dragon or Chimera nest before they can use it on you. Love the use of rumble in this game too, as those two monsters make the controller shake whenever they move. Gives you that nice 'oh crap' feeling when your base is lacking on defense and you can't see where the thing is coming from...

In regards to the soundtrack, received an email from RQ today stating they are reprinting the CDs and will be sending it to all of those that preordered bundles that included the CD, free of charge w/ no return on the 1st CD either.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']So when I'm done with this ungodly cold, this would be a fun game to pick up then?[/QUOTE]
I guess it really depends on if you like RTS games or not. Like io said, it's very short to play through the story missions (15 hours) and then you've got all the extra missions you can play through as well. The story and artwork is great and the gameplay is pretty smooth given the console controls. The $39.99 tag makes it easier to swallow, but again you'll likely get 25-30 hours out of it (unless you're going to go back through it on hard mode). So I don't if that's something you'll enjoy, but I've found it worthwhile...

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I've never played an RTS before. :/[/QUOTE]
go pickup warcraft 3, starcraft, and any Westwood C&C games have one of the greatest gaming experience.

bread's done
Back