= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I passed on these when they were on sale at GOG since I would much rather have them on Steam. Grabbing the bundle when I get home from work.

Really interesting package, snatched it even though I already own Resonance and The Blackwell Deception from past bundles... I think my next attempt at backlog crunching will be all adventure focused :)

Anybody think there's a chance that Primordia will be a bonus? I kinda hate to pony up for this because the only thing I'm missing is The Blackwell Bundle (and Puzzle Bots, but I have no interest in that).

[quote name='warreni']Anybody think there's a chance that Primordia will be a bonus? I kinda hate to pony up for this because the only thing I'm missing is The Blackwell Bundle (and Puzzle Bots, but I have no interest in that).[/QUOTE]

I though maybe it would be but the shiva or da new guys is more likely

[quote name='warreni']Anybody think there's a chance that Primordia will be a bonus? I kinda hate to pony up for this because the only thing I'm missing is The Blackwell Bundle (and Puzzle Bots, but I have no interest in that).[/QUOTE]

100% doubt it. If it were to be included, it'd be in the $5 tier.

[quote name='spoderman']100% doubt it. If it were to be included, it'd be in the $5 tier.[/QUOTE]

That being the case, I'll wait for the inevitable flood of key sales in the group buy forum and see if I can score a cheap bundle there.

[quote name='juanjava']I'm only missing resonance and deception. I'll pass. But is an amazing bundle! Groupees are doing great lately.[/QUOTE]

So long as you ignore the last bundle, I agree.

[quote name='Eldredpe']So long as you ignore the last bundle, I agree.[/QUOTE]

What makes the last bundle any worse than this one? Both are entirely made up of duplicates from previous bundles.

[quote name='gilby']What makes the last bundle any worse than this one? Both are entirely made up of duplicates from previous bundles.[/QUOTE]

Lower end games in most people opinion I think. Anything that was previously in a Indie gala bundle seems like it wears a scarlet letter.

Looks like the only game I currently have out of this newest bundle is Blackwell Deception so I think I am in at the $5 level.

Edited: For anyone comparing prices on Steam and doing the 75% off math etc etc it looks like Deception is included in the Steam Blackwell bundle. You still get more games here for the same $5 of course. I'm just saying that the bundles are not the same.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Lower end games in most people opinion I think. Anything that was previously in a Indie gala bundle seems like it wears a scarlet letter.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I'd consider the Broken Sword or Commandos games as lower end compared to the Wadjet Eye stuff.

But, yes, Indie Galas do go cheaper than Indie Royales. I'll agree that more people may have skipped the bundles these games were in.

Still, I'd give both games a plus for great quality games and a minus for being all duplicates.

[quote name='gilby']I'm not sure I'd consider the Broken Sword or Commandos games as lower end compared to the Wadjet Eye stuff.

But, yes, Indie Galas do go cheaper than Indie Royales. I'll agree that more people may have skipped the bundles these games were in.

Still, I'd give both games a plus for great quality games and a minus for being all duplicates.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not the Broken Swords, but I consider Commandos to hold very little value, and I think most people would likely agree.

And the Wadjet Eye stuff is newer, and have all been part of Indie Royale bundles where they more or less headlined their respective bundles, so there is very little resell saturation with them, as most people bought those bundles they've been in because they wanted the Wadjet Eye game.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Maybe not the Broken Swords, but I consider Commandos to hold very little value, and I think most people would likely agree.[/quote]

A matter of opinion, of course.

And the Wadjet Eye stuff is newer, and have all been part of Indie Royale bundles where they more or less headlined their respective bundles, so there is very little resell saturation with them, as most people bought those bundles they've been in because they wanted the Wadjet Eye game.

WadjetEye games are newer, but they also are very decidedly old school as far as their design, more old school than the Broken Sword games. Take out the voice acting, and it is something that could have been put out over 20 years ago.

Certainly you can argue about saturation, but Commandos is probably saturated because it was a part of indie gala, which there were a lot of cheap, happy hour copies bought and distributed.

[quote name='TheLongshot']A matter of opinion, of course.

WadjetEye games are newer, but they also are very decidedly old school as far as their design, more old school than the Broken Sword games. Take out the voice acting, and it is something that could have been put out over 20 years ago.

Certainly you can argue about saturation, but Commandos is probably saturated because it was a part of indie gala, which there were a lot of cheap, happy hour copies bought and distributed.[/QUOTE]

It's also far less expensive without being in a bundle. I believe steam had the commandos bundle on sale for 2.99 and broken sword was 1.99. The Blackwell bundle alone hasn't been as cheap as those two combined.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's also far less expensive without being in a bundle. I believe steam had the commandos bundle on sale for 2.99 and broken sword was 1.99. The Blackwell bundle alone hasn't been as cheap as those two combined.[/QUOTE]

Except for GOG's buy 5 games for $10 last year, where I had gotten the Blackwell bundle and Resonance for $4. Granted, no Steam key.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']You also didn't get Gemini rue and puzzle bots plus whatever bonus lays ahead ;)[/QUOTE]

Gemini Rue has been in a few bundles, so there are probably plenty of keys out there. I have mine through Bundle In A Box.

Edit: as Motoki has pointed out, it has been in 3 bundles previous to this.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's also far less expensive without being in a bundle. I believe steam had the commandos bundle on sale for 2.99 and broken sword was 1.99. The Blackwell bundle alone hasn't been as cheap as those two combined.[/QUOTE]

Yet.

Both of those sale prices were after those games hit bundles. Other games that have been very cheap in bundles have also since seen some huge discounts in Steam sales. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wadjet Eye games hit similar discounts in the next Summer Sale.

[quote name='jshackles']Surprisingly, I do not.[/QUOTE]

I didn't actually get any of the four bundles it was in, but I was able to get a cheap extra from one of them.

[quote name='Motoki']Does anyone not have Gemini Rue by now? It's only been in 4 bundles.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have it yet either or any of the games in this bundle. I only buy bundles when there are two or more games that I don't already own that I would actually play. Bought one for me and gifted one to a friend. :) I hope that Primordia is the second bonus. That'd be nice. :D

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Is it a desura key?[/QUOTE]

I don't think any of the admins have stated if it is, I think it's likely they'll give us a Desura key though.

[quote name='Motoki']Meh I might throw $1 at Groupees for The Shivah if it's a Desura key because I passed on the IR and BiaB bundles it was in.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='Motoki']Meh I might throw $1 at Groupees for The Shivah if it's a Desura key because I passed on the IR and BiaB bundles it was in.[/QUOTE]

I decided to throw in a dollar anyways, because I don't have Puzzle Bots.

The only games I lack are Puzzle Bots and The Blackwell Deception. I have an order comfirmation for The Shivah from 2009...I just need to find the installation file since the download link has expired.

[quote name='eugaet']The only games I lack are Puzzle Bots and The Blackwell Deception. I have an order comfirmation for The Shivah from 2009...I just need to find the installation file since the download link has expired.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes. Expiring download links. Those were the days. :roll:

If nothing else, if you still have the purchase confirmation email you could always contact Wadjet Eye. Most developers are pretty good about that sort of thing and are aware of the unfortunate expirations from some of the services they had used to sell the games.

[quote name='Motoki']If nothing else, if you still have the purchase confirmation email you could always contact Wadjet Eye. Most developers are pretty good about that sort of thing and are aware of the unfortunate expirations from some of the services they had used to sell the games.[/QUOTE]
I can confirm that Dave Gilbert is really good about replacing expired keys. Just e-mail him at [email protected] with your confirmation e-mail and he'll hook you up.

I really wish that Da New Guys was the bonus game -- it's the only WEG title I don't own yet.

I'll do the same.

Which makes this bundle exactly like the last one. I grabbed both at the minimum solely for a single bonus game.

Da New Guys has been added as a bonus game at 4,000 sales, and the sale has been extended a few more days. :applause:

The Shivah is both a Desura key and DRM-free, so DNG will probably be the same.

[quote name='Wapcaplet']Da New Guys has been added as a bonus game at 4,000 sales, and the sale has been extended a few more days. :applause:

The Shivah is both a Desura key and DRM-free, so DNG will probably be the same.[/QUOTE]

You know, I almost regret owning all these games already (except The Shivah) because this is a pretty darn good bundle right here. And this is coming from somebody who's only lukewarm on the whole point n click adventure genre.

Great avatar BTW.

[quote name='The End']Great avatar BTW.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Long time lurker (has it really been 10 years?), very occasional poster.

[quote name='Motoki']Anyone have any thoughts on the Da New Guys? I passed on the IR it was in and it looks, err, interesting.[/QUOTE]
Da New Guys: Day of the Jackass is actually the second game in the series; the first was released as freeware. Get it here to see if the style is up your alley:

http://www.iceboxstudios.co.uk/da-new-guys

Edit: There's also a demo of Day of the Jackass here:

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/demos/DNG_demo.exe

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed Da New Guys. It's a bit different from most of Wadjet Eye's output, and some of the puzzles stumped me for quite some time, but the game has a ton of humor that's not quite like anything else out there. I'd say if it's the only game you're missing, it wouldn't be a bad idea to throw a dollar in for it.

So far as Wapcaplet's post to the first freeware game, I haven't played that one, so I can't compare it to the game in the bundle.

[quote name='The End']You know, I almost regret owning all these games already (except The Shivah) because this is a pretty darn good bundle right here. And this is coming from somebody who's only lukewarm on the whole point n click adventure genre.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I have every single WEG game (also except for The Shivah & Primordia), multiple copies of most of them, and many of which I've bought from WEG directly for a much higher price (but then I really like P&C adventures). Goes to show that if you wait long enough, everything will be dirt cheap eventually. Not that I regret buying them in the first place, but still... In fact, I'm pretty surprised that they've "only" sold ~3000 bundles so far, but then I'm guessing many people already have (most of) these games anyway.

[quote name='Motoki']Anyone have any thoughts on the Da New Guys? I passed on the IR it was in and it looks, err, interesting.[/QUOTE]

I've had it installed for awhile, I just haven't actually started playing it.

bread's done
Back