= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest avoiding Yatagarasu. It's buggy as hell and crashes a lot for me on Windows 7 64 bit. Saw another posted on a different forum mention the same thing.

EDIT: control panel -> region and language -> location -> Japan seems to have fixed most of the crashing, still crashes when I try full screen mode though..
I have a strong feeling this will solve the problem: http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2675769

I'll test it out today, anyways.

Actually, they previously stated that indie bundle purchasers would get a Steam key. Looks like they're going back on their word.

"Essentially what Saana said. It's not necessarily just Desura buyers only, usually, early supporters who buy directly from the developer site also get rewarded with a key once the game shows up on Steam. Same deal with, for example, indie bundle adopters."

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/114203390/846942156141420856/
lol, they told me that on Twitter "@AlphaProspector got a 'dev' tag on the forum b/c he has access to the GL stats. He doesn't speak for Nyu Media", considering that quote.

The immediately backlash they got was hilarious. It pretty much forced them to rethink their stance or look like total douchebags.

Trade her in for a new waifu? I hope they battled it out really good.
I have two waifus now, Riley Mason and Tanner Mayes. They battle very much good yes, for HONOR.

Tumblr has fallen far if that's what warrants a NSFW warning these days.
Tumblr is 90% sexual gifs. Where have you been?

Got this for the two Steam games, especially because I wanted Cherry Tree High back during the summer sale. I went and bought a few extra cards to craft the badge, and ended up getting the sweat emoticon and a decent background, and the background sold netting me the cost of the games plus some extra. If the sweat emoticon sells, I will be ecstatic. I just wish there were more sim games like this on Steam.

Paypal doesn't like me right now, won't let me complete payment for anything. Probably because I'm logging in with my phone, but still. Hope this gets fixed before this bundle is up. Really never even heard of these games before this bundle, but desperately want them due to my condition as a hoarder.

I have no idea WTF is going on, but this is pretty awesome ^_^
It would make a great game. Picture having the choice between all of her crazy personalities, such as a cyborg ninja, a candy fiend, a fashion monster, an alien, or that gelatinous blob her face morphs into in PonPonPon. The sheer ridiculousness that happens to be canonically accurate (and somehow really cute) would make for a great platformer. I have yet to see a doujin Harajuku game.

And if anyone disagrees, then...
kyaryyy.gif

At this rate the bundle will run out of bonuses tomorrow.
they've added bonuses in the past after the original number had been unlocked. I expect they always hold at least 1-2 in reserve so as if the bundle fails it doesn't look as bad (2/3 unlocked is better than 2/5 for example), and vice versus if it succeeds they create additional demand with new ones.

Disappointed by all the DRM-free bonuses.
I kind of am too but OTOTH I was actually hoping that Jisei and Kansei would be bonuses even though I normally despise DRM free games in bundles because these are prequels to Yousei.

Besides, maybe Sakei Visual will pull an Aldorlea (your favorite!) and add them to Desura later then give keys to Groupees after the bundle is over.

Speaking of which, could he hurry up and add Laxius Force to Desura already. :p

So I had no problem firing up Yatagarasu, runs in fullscreen with English locale fine (YMMV, obviously). The game is almost entirely in Japanese, of course, so you'll see random characters instead of the kanji that should be there if you don't set your locale to Japan and download the necessary language pack from Windows.

As far as the game goes, I'm liking it. You can tell it's fairly low budget, and a few of the stages are pretty funky looking, but for the most part the game is very clean. Very nice character art, well done sprites with excellent animation, pretty good music, etc. Combat is pretty standard for classic Japanese fighters, can't complain. I can immediately tell it's relatively simple compared to some other fighters, but that isn't too bad of a thing in my opinion. It feels a little more like classic Street Fighter, in that you can't pull of ridiculous endless combos and you have to choose your attacks a little more wisely. I'm not an expert at these games by any means, though, so I could be wrong.

I played through arcade mode once. The game can be tough as you progress (as with any game of this genre), but I was able to beat it with only 2 or 3 lost matches, so it's not too ridiculous. All in all, fun little fighter! I wish we could get the better version through this bundle, but for 75 cents, solid game.

Arcade Screenshots:

D11h47X.png

6kf13Oc.png

vyoZv97.png

PHvTBdw.png

2SNwtwm.png

QBqdHIV.png

YkECXt6.png

kmjgOZ6.png

dOEKZYc.png

d11Fxgf.png

Spoder and I figured out netplay too. You have to open up ports "50055 to 50057 UDP" to host a game, then it works. Scratch that, you can just set the UPnP setting to auto open the ports through the launcher. I'm not sure how the game treats ping though. We had 160ish, and the game was in slow motion. I think that's how it works with fighting games like this, since it's syncing your actions, and ping makes everything slow down so it can keep in sync. Not sure... People with low lag may have no problem, but being in Maui, Spoder and I couldn't get less than 160.

Spoder Ownage:

5aubLyE.png

Kci73Wb.png

AD7wsSK.png

tl;dr, Yatagarasu is worth the 75 cents, in my opinion. My favorite Japanese fighter is Guilty Gear X2 Reload, so I think my standards are relatively high.

Spoder and I figured out netplay too. You have to open up ports "50055 to 50057 UDP" to host a game, then it works. Scratch that, you can just set the UPnP setting to auto open the ports through the launcher. I'm not sure how the game treats ping though. We had 160ish, and the game was in slow motion. I think that's how it works with fighting games like this, since it's syncing your actions, and ping makes everything slow down so it can keep in sync. Not sure... People with low lag may have no problem, but being in Maui, Spoder and I couldn't get less than 160.
Nah, that's definitely not normal.. the game was basically unplayable for us in netplay, poor implementation of it.

It's an ok game for 75 cents, but pretty much every fighting game I've played on PC is better than Yatagarasu, I don't think its worth wasting time on.. but maybe it'd be a fun time waster if you can get netplay to work correctly.

Let's blame Valve.

Come on valve, why you hating on doujin games!?
Actually, that's fair. Fcuk you, Valve.

Nah, that's definitely not normal.. the game was basically unplayable for us in netplay, poor implementation of it.

It's an ok game for 75 cents, but pretty much every fighting game I've played on PC is better than Yatagarasu, I don't think its worth wasting time on.. but maybe it'd be a fun time waster if you can get netplay to work correctly.
gaem iz 2 scari 4 spoda

Honestly though, it's a solid fighter. Even if it isn't at the same level as some other games, those other games also aren't 75 cents. If you like the genre or want a fun local co-op game, Yatagarasu is perfect for the price.

Actually, that's fair. Fcuk you, Valve.

gaem iz 2 scari 4 spoda

Honestly though, it's a solid fighter. Even if it isn't at the same level as some other games, those other games also aren't 75 cents. If you like the genre or want a fun local co-op game, Yatagarasu is perfect for the price.
Yeah, but fighting games are different.. you've gotta invest a lot of time in them to be any good or compete with other people.. and, well.. I just don't think it's worth the time when there are so many better fighting games out there.

Yeah, but fighting games are different.. you've gotta invest a lot of time in them to be any good or compete with other people.. and, well.. I just don't think it's worth the time when there are so many better fighting games out there.
Eh, you only have to invest time into them if you want to play competitively online. That's not really my thing, so that doesn't factor in at all for me. I like playing story/arcade mode (which you don't have to be a god to beat) and local co-op, where you're playing against your friends who are just as sucky as you. I've played Guilty Gear, Vanguard Princess, etc with friends tons of times, and I'm happy to add another one to the collection to screw around with with friends since we played those to death and got kinda tired of them.

If either of those things appeal to you, there's really no time investment there.

Speaking of Anime style fighting games, Banzai Pecan is actually a decent game. The dev had it up on Greenlight but then people were like 'EWWW Anime. *DOWNVOTE* and he got fed up and took it down.

Probably it was just 100 different Mooby alts.

So I had no problem firing up Yatagarasu, runs in fullscreen with English locale fine (YMMV, obviously). The game is almost entirely in Japanese, of course, so you'll see random characters instead of the kanji that should be there if you don't set your locale to Japan and download the necessary language pack from Windows.

As far as the game goes, I'm liking it. You can tell it's fairly low budget, and a few of the stages are pretty funky looking, but for the most part the game is very clean. Very nice character art, well done sprites with excellent animation, pretty good music, etc. Combat is pretty standard for classic Japanese fighters, can't complain. I can immediately tell it's relatively simple compared to some other fighters, but that isn't too bad of a thing in my opinion. It feels a little more like classic Street Fighter, in that you can't pull of ridiculous endless combos and you have to choose your attacks a little more wisely. I'm not an expert at these games by any means, though, so I could be wrong.

I played through arcade mode once. The game can be tough as you progress (as with any game of this genre), but I was able to beat it with only 2 or 3 lost matches, so it's not too ridiculous. All in all, fun little fighter! I wish we could get the better version through this bundle, but for 75 cents, solid game.

Arcade Screenshots:

D11h47X.png

6kf13Oc.png

vyoZv97.png

PHvTBdw.png

2SNwtwm.png

QBqdHIV.png

YkECXt6.png

kmjgOZ6.png

dOEKZYc.png

d11Fxgf.png

Spoder and I figured out netplay too. You have to open up ports "50055 to 50057 UDP" to host a game, then it works. Scratch that, you can just set the UPnP setting to auto open the ports through the launcher. I'm not sure how the game treats ping though. We had 160ish, and the game was in slow motion. I think that's how it works with fighting games like this, since it's syncing your actions, and ping makes everything slow down so it can keep in sync. Not sure... People with low lag may have no problem, but being in Maui, Spoder and I couldn't get less than 160.

Spoder Ownage:

5aubLyE.png

Kci73Wb.png

AD7wsSK.png

tl;dr, Yatagarasu is worth the 75 cents, in my opinion. My favorite Japanese fighter is Guilty Gear X2 Reload, so I think my standards are relatively high.

1) Arcade difficulty level option? Scores? Unlockables or some kind of carrot for da bunny teeth?

2) I didn't expect it to look so lovely.

3) What's the deal with the resolution in Guilty Gear on GOG? I have to use a magnifier to play. Other than that, it's superlative.

4) Cogent review.

5) I want more themed bundles from Groupees.

• Arcade difficulty level option? Scores? Unlockables or some kind of carrot for da bunny teeth?
  • I didn't expect it to look so lovely.
  • What's the deal with the resolution in Guilty Gear on GOG? I have to use a magnifier to play. Other than that, it's superlative.
  • Cogent review.
  • Yes. Yes. No, sadly.
  • It didn't expect you to be so hideous.
  • That's just how it is with these games, playa. Fullscreen it tho.
  • Cogent review of a review.

Paypal doesn't like me right now, won't let me complete payment for anything. Probably because I'm logging in with my phone, but still. Hope this gets fixed before this bundle is up. Really never even heard of these games before this bundle, but desperately want them due to my condition as a hoarder.
lol, same reason i'm buying this bundle

off topic: found out why I'm broke, when I bought World of Tanks gold for my son, they apparently decided to charge me 15 times, contacted ultimatepay who told me I must've used a bookmark, lmao, told them I used the damn buy gold button on World of Tanks, hopefully they'll give me my damn money back.

So, anyone who plays world of tanks, be careful buying gold.

Also

spray-can2.jpg

Kickstarting my new game: Waifu Defenders! I expect $50,000 in pledges alone from the CAG community.
DAFUQ?

Does Mooby have an alt that I'm friends with? I've had "Waifu Defender: Excellent Star Rainbow Yes!" playing as a non-Steam game for a couple hours... Not even kidding.

Bought Ether Vapor Remaster (been on my wishlist since it came to Steam) and Cherry Tree High... Been playing EVP and I just can say I love that game. It is really awesome!

DAFUQ?

Does Mooby have an alt that I'm friends with? I've had "Waifu Defender: Excellent Star Rainbow Yes!" playing as a non-Steam game for a couple hours... Not even kidding.

You haven't played anything today according to my Steam client. It says you're currently online though.

You haven't played anything today according to my Steam client. It says you're currently online though.
It was a non-steam game. Sadly, "Waifu Defender: Excellent Star Rainbow Yes!" is not a real game. He just added Yatawhatsit as a non-Steam link and then named it that so it would show up as playing that when he was in chat.

So which games would y'all recommend from the bundle?
The only one's I'd recommend against are War of the Human Tanks (bundled constantly) and Cafe 0, which is the cheaper version with no voiceovers. Everything else seems to be a solid mix of VN, shmup, and fighting/action games. Just depends on what your tastes are.

There's no need to change the system locale. A long time ago, Microsoft released an obscure tool called the AppLocale Utility, which allows you to run specific applications in their native locales without changing your system settings. The Download is here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13209

It's pretty simple to use: Install it, start up the Microsoft AppLocale wizard, click Next. Make sure the "Launch an Application" bubble is filled in, Browse to the YatagarasuLauncher.exe file or the Yatagarasu4.exe file (or drag and drop the exe into the space next to the Browse button), click Next. It should auto-detect the language as 日本語, click Next. Click "Create a Shortcut to always run this application with AppLocale," then click Next. It'll start up the program and place a handy shortcut in the Microsoft AppLocale Start Menu folder. Just move the shortcut to a more convenient place and use it to start the game and/or launcher in the future.

There's no need to change the system locale. A long time ago, Microsoft released an obscure tool called the AppLocale Utility, which allows you to run specific applications in their native locales without changing your system settings. The Download is here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13209

It's pretty simple to use: Install it, start up the Microsoft AppLocale wizard, click Next. Make sure the "Launch an Application" bubble is filled in, Browse to the YatagarasuLauncher.exe file or the Yatagarasu4.exe file (or drag and drop the exe into the space next to the Browse button), click Next. It should auto-detect the language as 日本語, click Next. Click "Create a Shortcut to always run this application with AppLocale," then click Next. It'll start up the program and place a handy shortcut in the Microsoft AppLocale Start Menu folder. Just move the shortcut to a more convenient place and use it to start the game and/or launcher in the future.
Ah, nice info. I heard of that before, but couldn't get it to work on my last laptop (total piece of virus infested shit). I'll try that out on the Japanese apps I have, thanks.

If you bought La Mulana from Groupees then the Steam key is supposed to come from Groupees, not Desura.

Check your Groupees account and if the La Mulana Steam key is not there then contact Groupees and if that gets nowhere you can try contacting Playsim or their rep on Steam Lemenza's Curry

If you bought La Mulana from Groupees then the Steam key is supposed to come from Groupees, not Desura.

Check your Groupees account and if the La Mulana Steam key is not there then contact Groupees and if that gets nowhere you can try contacting Playsim or their rep on Steam Lemenza's Curry

My post is somewhat in response to Idio stating that both Groupees and Desura distributed a Steam key and that it happens rarely.

I can't find any record of that post so maybe it was all a dream...

I think what's happened to some people is that they bought La Mulana in the Groupees bundle and got a Desura key from that, as well as a Steam key later on when La Mulana got on Steam. However, if you redeemed your Desura key at Desura at the time of the Groupees bundle, then you may have an extra Steam key for La Mulana in your Desura collection. I just checked and my Groupees La Mulana Steam key is different from my Desura La Mulana Steam key, so I ended up with two Steam keys for the game from one "purchase".

I'm guessing the devs gave everyone who already had the game registered on Desura a Steam key (whether they actually bought it from Desura or redeemed their Groupees key) when their game got on Steam. But after that, they cut it off, so if you redeemed your Groupees Desura key later on you got zilch.

Moral: redeem your Desura keys early!

^ Yup, this is how Steam keys for Greenlit games are often dealt with. Then you have the rare instances (like La-Mulana) where Groupees gives you a key AND Desura gives you a key...

Aha. I knew I didn't read Word Up! magazine.

My post is somewhat in response to Idio stating that both Groupees and Desura distributed a Steam key and that it happens rarely.

I can't find any record of that post so maybe it was all a dream...
That's what the mods want you to believe, anyway...

I think what's happened to some people is that they bought La Mulana in the Groupees bundle and got a Desura key from that, as well as a Steam key later on when La Mulana got on Steam. However, if you redeemed your Desura key at Desura at the time of the Groupees bundle, then you may have an extra Steam key for La Mulana in your Desura collection. I just checked and my Groupees La Mulana Steam key is different from my Desura La Mulana Steam key, so I ended up with two Steam keys for the game from one "purchase".

I'm guessing the devs gave everyone who already had the game registered on Desura a Steam key (whether they actually bought it from Desura or redeemed their Groupees key) when their game got on Steam. But after that, they cut it off, so if you redeemed your Groupees Desura key later on you got zilch.

Moral: redeem your Desura keys early!
I redeemed my La Mulana Desura key as soon as Groupees posted them and I still don't have a Steam key for La Mulana connected to my Desura account. I guess it's a YMMV sort of thing. *shrug*

bread's done
Back