= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy fuck, I actually checked Groupees to see if that was really the new bonus. It's sad that they have that kind of reputation...

I totally wanted that anime shark game. Damn you idi for getting my hopes up.

Anyway the real next bonus is posted Cafe 0 for Android. Description at Google Play says it's fully voiced. That version is free to download and try but you must buy the full version via IAP. Hopefully we are getting the full version here.

Anyway the real next bonus is posted Cafe 0 for Android. Description at Google Play says it's fully voiced. That version is free to download and try but you must buy the full version via IAP. Hopefully we are getting the full version here.
Is this the first time Groupees has offered an Android game? I know some past games have had android version, but they weren't included in the bundle. I wonder how it will work downloading from them (humble makes it simple with their app).

Is this the first time Groupees has offered an Android game? I know some past games have had android version, but they weren't included in the bundle. I wonder how it will work downloading from them (humble makes it simple with their app).
Pretty sure it will just be straight download the apk and then they never update it like Gala does. I wish Google play let developers issue keys that players can redeem. They have a sort of process like that in place for redeeming print magazine subscriptions for digital but nothing like that for games AFAIK.

Heads up -- 1 game minimum going on right now for those of you still on the fence.

Edit: New bonus at 12,500: Dysfunctional Systems Episode 1: Learning to Manage Chaos (Desura), a VN from the maker of Juniper's Knot.  It's Bonus #6 of 8 now.

I can confirm that the android version of Cafe 0 provided in the Groupees bundle does have voice acting in it, while the PC/Desura version that you have to pay for doesn't.

Kind of ridiculous how the Android version provided as a free bonus is better than the PC version that you have to pay for.. and if you don't have an Android phone, you can use an Android emulator to play it on PC..

Woot! I actually have been wanting Dysfunctional Systems. Should be a Desura key too, awesome.

[customspoiler= idiotsreaction.gif ]
tumblr_miat0tVWUi1ry46hlo1_500.gif
[/customspoiler]

Well I guess I will be playing a lot more visual novels than I'd originally expected, but Dysfunctional Systems actually looks really cool. Apparently it is the first in a series of episodes, which is disappointing, but for a bonus I'm definitely not complaining ^_^

If anyone was wondering why we get the voiceless PC version of Cafe 0 in the bundle, yet the android version is a fully voiced bonus.. I messaged the developer on Desura and got a few responses.

Response 1: "Actually it's the groupees staff who decided to give it as a bonus. I just sent email to them to discuss about this matter.
Sorry but I can't decide it by myself."

Response 2: "They told me that they want to give it to people who bought cafe or make it as a bonus. But then after I sent the apk, they didn't tell me which one they will choose.
Also, when I give the full version in the bundle, there was no plan to give the android version. Groupees staff told me that the full version works in multiplatform and might do better. I have deluxe version for multiplatform too, but I don't have 3 os to check one by one, so for in case, I give the full version like what they suggested.

Groupees staff asked me to add android version at the middle of the promotion. At first I refuse it since the version I use at google play use in app purchase and there is no way to give the app for free with google in app purchase system.
But then I think I might convert the iOS ver to Android version and distribute the apk, This is however, needs time to be done, and actually I just finished making this a few days ago. and this one is uncompatible with the version at Google Play."

Response 3: "And also, groupees asked cafe 0 to join the promotion 24 hours before the promotion is started. They're pretty rush and I didn't get enough time to think about full and deluxe."

Response 3: "And also, groupees asked cafe 0 to join the promotion 24 hours before the promotion is started. They're pretty rush and I didn't get enough time to think about full and deluxe."
When did that promotional composite image go up? Could that prove that this is a lie?

If anyone was wondering why we get the voiceless PC version of Cafe 0 in the bundle, yet the android version is a fully voiced bonus.. I messaged the developer on Desura and got a few responses.

Response 1: "Actually it's the groupees staff who decided to give it as a bonus. I just sent email to them to discuss about this matter.
Sorry but I can't decide it by myself."

Response 2: "They told me that they want to give it to people who bought cafe or make it as a bonus. But then after I sent the apk, they didn't tell me which one they will choose.
Also, when I give the full version in the bundle, there was no plan to give the android version. Groupees staff told me that the full version works in multiplatform and might do better. I have deluxe version for multiplatform too, but I don't have 3 os to check one by one, so for in case, I give the full version like what they suggested.

Groupees staff asked me to add android version at the middle of the promotion. At first I refuse it since the version I use at google play use in app purchase and there is no way to give the app for free with google in app purchase system.
But then I think I might convert the iOS ver to Android version and distribute the apk, This is however, needs time to be done, and actually I just finished making this a few days ago. and this one is uncompatible with the version at Google Play."

0dW3kAe.jpg

I feel really, really bad for Groupees. Setting up this bundle must have been absolutely exhausting.

First off Guncraft Steam keys are up if you bought Be Mine 8

Also Dysfunctional Systems Desura/DRM Free is up as a bonus to the current bundle and the next bonus, which is J-POP, has a counter up now.

Oh and re: Cafe 0, I know Spoder is getting all Y U NO GIV JYAPENEZE VOYSE on principle, but have you guys actually played Cafe 0? It's not worth squabbling over. It's really short and repetitive and wants you to make a very narrow rigid set of choices, without being explicit about that, in order to get a specific ending. Then you have to do that 5 more times to get the real ending. If you make any mis-steps you get the 'bad ending' which is basically 'HAHA YOU SUCK START OVER SUCKER!!'.

The story is basically
The main characters friend all suck and one of them killed her.
but you don't get to find that out until you go through the game to get a very specific ending in a very specific way 6 times.

The trick they don't tell you is you have to be rigidly consistent. If you start with talking to one friend you can't switch or you'll get the bad ending. If you start off being apologetic you can't switch and be unapologetic on your next reply or you'll get the bad ending etc.

Then there's a lot of doing the same thing over talking to the same weird guy who says the same stuff every day yadda yadda.

Really, if you don't get to hear Japanese voiceovers you ain't missin' much. In fact if you don't play you ain't missin much. If you're dying to know the story I suggest Youtube or Google a walkthrough. Much less frustration and repetition.

I seriously hope we hit the 13000 bundle mark, Meishi Smile is one of my favorite artists and he is all around a really cool dude. I got a signed copy of his EP when he played in LA a month back

Meishi Smile - .exe is unlocked. Next bonus is Satazius at 14,000.

Steam, but yet another cheap shmup? Eh. I think I'll have more fun playing the Meishi Smile songs in Audiosurf than I will with Satazius.

IR=get it in the first 5 minutes or you're paying $5.50 for 3 games you don't want and one you sort of do.

I'm happy enough to have it. It's not DRM free, or music or a youtube video or some other lame crap so I'll take it, they I will probably listen to Business Card Smile at least once to check it out.

I don't even count Indie Royales as bundles. The one it was in sucked anyways. Monday Night Combat and Gentrieve 2?
Why mention the 2 worst games in it, if you're not going to mention the good ones? lol

Knytt Underground and The Real Texas were in it. The bundle was pretty good at the time.

Anyway, no one really talked about SATAZIUS much even when it was in an IR. Game isn't known for being particularly good, and I'm betting most of us probably won't play it.

IR=get it in the first 5 minutes or you're paying $5.50 for 3 games you don't want and one you sort of do.

I'm happy enough to have it. It's not DRM free, or music or a youtube video or some other lame crap so I'll take it, they I will probably listen to Business Card Smile at least once to check it out.
Learn to use Twitter mobile notifications. I've never paid $5 for an IR.

Why mention the 2 worst games in it, if you're not going to mention the good ones? lol

Knytt Underground and The Real Texas were in it. The bundle was pretty good at the time.
Because if you're gonna pay $4-6 for a bundle, and 33-50% of the games in it are crap, I wouldn't call it a very good bundle. To each his own, I suppose.

Because if you're gonna pay $4-6 for a bundle, and 33-50% of the games in it are crap, I wouldn't call it a very good bundle. To each his own, I suppose.
I wanted both of the games I listed, and sold off Monday Night Combat for $1 IIRC, so I basically paid $3 for those two games along with the other stuff. IMO that's a good deal. Bundle value should be judged on how much you're willing to pay for the games you actually want from it, not based on how many crappy games are in it..

Groupees adds a lot of crap games to their bundles, but the main advantage in the current bundle is that you can choose what games you want from it rather than buying them all, but that's not the case for all of their bundles.

I wanted both of the games I listed, and sold off Monday Night Combat for $1 IIRC, so I basically paid $3 for those two games along with the other stuff. IMO that's a good deal. Bundle value should be judged on how much you're willing to pay for the games you actually want from it, not based on how many crappy games are in it..

Groupees adds a lot of crap games to their bundles, but the main advantage in the current bundle is that you can choose what games you want from it rather than buying them all, but that's not the case for all of their bundles.
Obviously bundle values aren't the same for everyone, but there's a reason why LOTS of people think IR sucks. You basically are required to sell shit if you want it to ever be worth it, and even then, many of the bundles are littered with repeats and total crap. By that same reasoning, other bundles are still better, since you could simply sell them off and make money (instead of only making money back on your overpriced IR purchase).

And the difference between IR and Groupees is that if you're gonna spend $4-5 on a Groupees bundle, there are almost always tiers. Plus you get all the bonuses regardless of tier. Hell, the higher tiers are usually more worth it anyways (but obviously not always, I've skipped a few Groupees).

I applaud your eternal defense of Indie Royale... [customspoiler= but as always... ]
hipster-ariel-meme-generator-dude-it-sucks-45119d.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Obviously bundle values aren't the same for everyone, but there's a reason why LOTS of people think IR sucks. You basically are required to sell shit if you want it to ever be worth it, and even then, many of the bundles are littered with repeats and total crap. By that same reasoning, other bundles are still better, since you could simply sell them off and make money (instead of only making money back on your overpriced IR purchase).

And the difference between IR and Groupees is that if you're gonna spend $4-5 on a Groupees bundle, there are almost always tiers. Plus you get all the bonuses regardless of tier. Hell, the higher tiers are usually more worth it anyways (but obviously not always, I've skipped a few Groupees).

I applaud your eternal defense of Indie Royale...
lol it's not so much me trying to defend them as much as I'm trying to state the obvious. Most people get annoyed by IR because the "average price" doesn't usually drop much, and tends to get high pretty fast if you're not willing to use twitter mobile notifications. If it weren't for that, many more people would buy them. For me that doesn't matter, because I get them for $3.99 most of the time. At $5-6 I can agree that they're not worth it.. but you've gotta learn how to get the best price which isn't difficult at all.

As far as repeats go.. pretty much every bundle site has them these days. Some IR bundles are good, while others suck, just like bundles provided by Groupees, Indie Gala, Humble Bundle, etc.

To say all of their bundles suck is silly.

I'm not sure why you would care about having to resell games from bundles though, you tend to overprice spare indie keys frequently, and manage to sell them off.. so why would that matter to you? I mean, if people are willing to buy your overpriced keys.. why wouldn't they be willing to buy IR bundles? ;)

lol it's not so much me trying to defend them as much as I'm trying to state the obvious. Most people get annoyed by IR because the "average price" doesn't usually drop much, and tends to get high pretty fast if you're not willing to use twitter mobile notifications. If it weren't for that, many more people would buy them. For me that doesn't matter, because I get them for $3.99 most of the time. At $5-6 I can agree that they're not worth it.. but you've gotta learn how to get the best price which isn't difficult at all.

As far as repeats go.. pretty much every bundle has them these days. Some IR bundles are good, while others suck, just like bundles provided by Groupees, Indie Gala, Humble Bundle, etc.

To say all of their bundles suck is silly.
I think most people dislike IR because even at $4, their game lineups are often weaker and fraught with more repeats than the other bundles for the price. Add onto that that not everyone is awake or available when they drop, meaning the bundles are $5-6 to most people unless they're dedicated in following them, and they become even less appealing. Even at $4, though, there are a small handful of bundles out of their lineup that I can say I would have grabbed had I been around when they dropped... I really dislike their lineups. It's usually one game I want, one I'm on the fence about, and three that are total swill, almost every time. That's not an accident on their part, either.

And yeah, every bundle has repeats, but IR is one of the worst offenders along with/behind HIB. HIB is cheaper though, so eh.

And it may be a silly point to some, but their pitiful music offers are absolutely silly at $8. I enjoy getting music from indie bundles, and I actually listen to it a lot of time (I've even caved on a Groupees bundle or two that I was on the fence about just for the music bonuses), and Gala and Groupees are great about that. IR, not so much.

To the people who like IR, though... that's cool. They're about games, about fun, so if they're fun for you, more power to you.

[customspoiler= Us bundle aficionados do enjoy ourselves a bit of good old-fashioned fisticuffs, though! ]
2ZdpU7W.png
[/customspoiler]

I think most people dislike IR because even at $4, their game lineups are often weaker and fraught with more repeats than the other bundles for the price. Add onto that that not everyone is awake or available when they drop, meaning the bundles are $5-6 to most people unless they're dedicated in following them, and they become even less appealing. Even at $4, though, there are a small handful of bundles out of their lineup that I can say I would have grabbed had I been around when they dropped... I really dislike their lineups. It's usually one game I want, one I'm on the fence about, and three that are total swill, almost every time. That's not an accident on their part, either.

And yeah, every bundle has repeats, but IR is one of the worst offenders along with/behind HIB. HIB is cheaper though, so eh.

And it may be a silly point to some, but their pitiful music offers are absolutely silly at $8. I enjoy getting music from indie bundles, and I actually listen to it a lot of time (I've even caved on a Groupees bundle or two that I was on the fence about just for the music bonuses), and Gala and Groupees are great about that. IR, not so much.

To the people who like IR, though... that's cool. They're about games, about fun, so if they're fun for you, more power to you.
You've gotta be kidding me. One of the worst offenders for repeats? They don't have THAT many repeats. Have you forgotten Bundle Stars? Even Indie Gala has more, but Indie Gala has happy hours for most bundles so most people don't mind that. There's also the Greenlight Bundles. Sure, IR have some repeats, but not anywhere near as many as you're making it out to be..

Most people don't consider their music offers when purchasing IR bundles. I think it's mostly there if you want to make a generous purchase to IR/the devs.

Humble Bundle are usually good, only reason I listed them is for their android bundles which aren't that good (and tend to have more repeats), and some of their weekly deals.

You've gotta be kidding me. One of the worst offenders for repeats? They don't have THAT many repeats. Have you forgotten Bundle Stars? Even Indie Gala has more, but Indie Gala has happy hours for most bundles so most people don't mind that. Sure, IR have some repeats, but not anywhere near as many as you're making it out to be..

Most people don't consider their music offers when purchasing IR bundles. I think it's mostly there if you want to make a generous purchase to IR/the devs.

Humble Bundle are usually good, only reason I listed them is for their android bundles which aren't that good (and tend to have more repeats), and some of their weekly deals.
Bundlestars has more repeats for sure, but they've kinda established their niche as the "good value if you skipped these games in other bundles"/"second chance" site (isn't their name supposed to imply that?). I guess I don't see them in the same light as other bundles (hence why I didn't mention them), but in a way I still like their setup more than IR because it's 10 games for $5 or 3 games for $1, usually. Gala has a good bit of repeats too, but they're so ridiculously cheap vs the amount of games given that their bundles are way more appealing and easy to swallow even if you already own a few of the games.

And I mentioned the music thing because some of their competitors offer music for no extra cost. Some people (like me) like that and it sways our opinion more than others. It's just one more thing I dislike about IR. If I'm paying more for an IR bundle than most other bundles, and they still want me to pay more for a single album of or around the same quality of the two or more albums Groupees and Gala are giving for no extra cost? Eh.

If I was just looking at one point, that would be one thing. I'm looking at those points + price, which is what kills IR for me and a lot of other people. They have their gems once in awhile though. I wish I was around early to grab the Sniper Elite V2 one.

The irony of the "bundle repeats" argument is that it'll repeat itself several times over on the next page or two.

Repeatrecursionception.

You've gotta be kidding me. One of the worst offenders for repeats? They don't have THAT many repeats. Have you forgotten Bundle Stars? Even Indie Gala has more, but Indie Gala has happy hours for most bundles so most people don't mind that. There's also the Greenlight Bundles. Sure, IR have some repeats, but not anywhere near as many as you're making it out to be..
But that's the point, if you're going to have crap filler and/or repeats then at least be cheap (happy hour) or let us pick (build a bundle) or don't force us to buy the whole damned thing (tiers).

Bundle Stars usually just does a straight $5 but it's buy it or don't buy it. At least it doesn't give you that GOD DAMN IT I COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT CHEAPER AND NOW I CAN'T :twoguns: :headache: :bomb: :wall: :cry: :fridge: feeling.

And I should not have to sign up for Twitter phone notifications just to get a damned bundle at the minimum price. Nobody else makes you do that. Besides, I don't want my phone blowing up every two seconds for Twitter notifications. I'd have to create a whole new separate twitter account just for Indie Royale. Ain't Nobody Got Time For That ®.

7a8u.jpg

Key

Asian chic = Spoder

Sweet Brown = Everyone else

[customspoiler Us bundle aficionados do enjoy ourselves a bit of good old-fashioned fisticuffs, though!]
2ZdpU7W.png
[/customspoiler]
What's happening in this scene?

It looks like an interracial, bare-knuckle bout taking place smack-dab in the midst of a gay orgy, but that seems too mundane to be true.

Not that there's anything wrong with pugilistic pride.

Somethin' wrong with regular fighting though: it's barbaric.

But that's the point, if you're going to have crap filler and/or repeats then at least be cheap (happy hour) or let us pick (build a bundle) or don't force us to buy the whole damned thing (tiers).

Bundle Stars usually just does a straight $5 but it's buy it or don't buy it. At least it doesn't give you that GOD DAMN IT I COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT CHEAPER AND NOW I CAN'T :twoguns: :headache: :bomb: :wall: :cry: :fridge: feeling.

And I should not have to sign up for Twitter phone notifications just to get a damned bundle at the minimum price. Nobody else makes you do that. Besides, I don't want my phone blowing up every two seconds for Twitter notifications. I'd have to create a whole new separate twitter account just for Indie Royale. Ain't Nobody Got Time For That ®.
Indie Royale don't tweet that much after a bundle is over with (it's a pretty rare occurence). Basically, turn on mobile notifications when there are currently no bundles running, and once a new one goes live, turn it off. You'll get around 5 tweets notifying you of the new bundle, and that's it.

I barely use twitter, I think most CAGs probably use it more than me, but I use it for stuff like that because it's simple and doesn't take much effort.

It's also good for stuff like Steam key drops, so mobile notifications are beneficial in more CAG-like ways than just tracking IR.

bread's done
Back