uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spoderman']New Groupees 1c bundle:

http://groupees.com/1c

Page is up, bundle isn't live yet. Starts soon.[/QUOTE]
"Game titles include:

Ascension to the Throne (DRM-Free)
Men of War Vietnam: Special Edition (Steam)
Konung 3 Ties of the Dynasty (DRM-Free)
King's Bounty: Platinum Edition (Steam, GOG)

Plus Bonus Incentive."

[quote name='spoderman']New Groupees 1c bundle:

http://groupees.com/1c

Page is up, bundle isn't live yet. Starts soon.[/QUOTE]

well that didn't take long. For those that don't want to wait through the video:

4 for $4

Ascension to the Throne
Konung III Ties to the Dynasty
Men of War: Vietnam Edition
King's Bounty: Platinum Edition

Nothing that really interests me:whistle2:?

EDIT: to late, Detruire beat me to it

It's likely $1 minimum (says so in youtube description). The "$4 minimum" in the video is probably a mistake.. or they left out that you can buy less games for $1 minimum, and all 4 for $4.

[quote name='Detruire']Bah... King's Bounty again. I was hoping that it was at least in a tier of its own, but it sounds like it won't be. >_

I'm liking the recent trend of including GOG keys with these bundle games.

That said, I already own all of these. Wouldn't mind having KB:p on GOG, but unless it can be had for a buck, I'll probably pass on this bundle.

[quote name='The End']I'm liking the recent trend of including GOG keys with these bundle games.

That said, I already own all of these. Wouldn't mind having KB:p on GOG, but unless it can be had for a buck, I'll probably pass on this bundle.[/QUOTE]

King's Bounty has to be in the $4 tier. As much as I want it to be in the $1 tier, they'd be dumb to price it that way.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Crossworlds has never been in a bundle, ever.[/QUOTE]
Armoured Princess and The Legend have, though.

Combine that with me already owning Platinum on Steam (and having traded a key for it from a GMG bundle at some point) I'm sick of seeing it take up space that could otherwise be filled with a game that I don't own. ;)

[quote name='spoderman']King's Bounty has to be in the $4 tier. As much as I want it to be in the $1 tier, they'd be dumb to price it that way.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. They'd be pretty stupid to do it any other way.

Unless it turns out to be a Build-A-bundle. But there doesn't appear be to be any indication of that.

[quote name='The End']Completely agree. They'd be pretty stupid to do it any other way.

Unless it turns out to be a Build-A-bundle. But there doesn't appear be to be any indication of that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's not a build a bundle. However, there is supposed to be another bundle in build a bundle format coming up soon.

Meh. Re: Crossworlds -- if you've already played through AP I doubt Crossworlds is worth it. It simply 'augments' the base AP campaign so you'd have to play through it again.

[quote name='Mooby']Meh. Re: Crossworlds -- if you've already played through AP I doubt Crossworlds is worth it. It simply 'augments' the base AP campaign so you'd have to play through it again.[/QUOTE]
False, it also adds two new campaigns and an editor (you can make your own campaigns, basically).

"The third release in the series includes the Orcs on the March expansion (which is the expanded version of Princess in Armour campaign, with totally rebalanced orcs), the two new independent campaigns Champion of the Arena and Defender of the Crown and an editor with help system. The editor allows the user to create additional content for the game and alter it in any way."

Dang, even though I bought KB:pE DRM-free from Tony last year for $5 and I got MOW:Vietnam from some bundle, this is still a decent deal

konung and acension intrigues me... but at $4.. I'll wait and see what the bonuses are. I already have all the KB games and they're fantastic! They play slow as many turn based strategies do, but the music is great and so is the gameplay!

Meh. Only missing Crossworlds from the KB series, I have all the MoW games, and anything DRM free will just get lost in the recesses of my hard drive at this point.

Just played about 20 minutes of Crow from the recently ended greenlight bundle. There's no way that this game gets greenlit. I like the atmosphere of the game, and the graphics are decent enough, but the actual gameplay is pretty bad.

The gameplay consists of movement by clicking on an area of the screen to fly in that direction. I found movement to be mildly frustrating in that it was pretty difficult to turn on a dime. If you want to turn around, you've gotta turn in a great arc. As you fly around though, you spot the occasional gem on the ground that you click on to grab. This unlocks upgrades if you collect enough of them. So like 5-10 minutes of my playtime was spent looking for gems.

As for the battles, the only one that I got into I stumble upon somewhat accidentally. So I'm not even sure what triggered it. While in battle though, there is no freedom of movement. Or at least, there wasn't in the battle that I got into. The videos made look like you could swoop all over the place and attack people. So perhaps it would have been like that if I had played more. But the battle that I got into was kinda like a rail shooter. I was just moving around a defined track in a never ending loop until I won (or died, I guess). To attack, you swipe the cursor across the screen in a slashing motion (obviously originally done with a swipe of the finger on a touch screen).

All in all, pretty dull. I'm sure this sort of thing might be acceptable in a mobile game, but it just aint cutting it on the PC.

I will say though, the game did excel in at least one area. The music was really good. So much so that after closing out the game, I immediately went to the instal folder to see if I could find any music files. Turns out that the soundtrack is included in a folder aptly named "Remastered Soundtrack" in the instal folder.

The game was a minor bust, but I feel it was worth the $0.75 just to get the music. So, could be worse I guess.

[quote name='Detruire']"Game titles include:

Ascension to the Throne (DRM-Free)
Men of War Vietnam: Special Edition (Steam)
Konung 3 Ties of the Dynasty (DRM-Free)
King's Bounty: Platinum Edition (Steam, GOG)

Plus Bonus Incentive."[/QUOTE]

Interesting... looks like a bundle I would enjoy. The two DRM-free games got mixed reviews, but they look like they're up my alley. Regarding the special edition of Men of War: Vietnam -- this just adds a few new maps? Anyone know if they're worth the upgrade if you already own the base game?

Will probably pick it up. Have the King's Bounty games, other than Crossworlds, like everyone else.

The two DRM free games do look decent though.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmm, I have all these on GG with the 1C bundle, including Crossworlds, so $4 is a lot to pay for 2 steam keys.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the multiplayer key for Men Of War Vietnam from the GamersGate 1C bundle registers on Steam. So you already have a key for that. That's how I got my copy of the game.

[quote name='The End']Actually, the key for Men Of War Vietnam from the GamersGate 1C bundle registers on Steam. So you already have a key for that. That's how I got my copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, didn't know that. Got mine free from Gamefly so I guess I have an extra MOW: Vietnam steam key. Thanks for the info.

Me and my bud are looking for something to multiplay together. Is Greed the only multiplayer game in the bundle? Any thoughts?

Also does the 1C collection from GG include all of the 1C bundle games?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Izod517']Greed isn't bad. It's not great but it's decent.[/QUOTE]

I have all of these from a Meridian4 complete pack I bought from Steam for $20 back when Steam used to have real sales. Still haven't played half of them but I did like Obulis, Scratches, and Larva Mortus. Rip is good old fashioned fun (esp. Rip 3). Greed is just OK and Vigil is way out there (no way you can complete it without a walkthrough). And by now even my dog owns Shadowgrounds.

[quote name='Spyky']Me and my bud are looking for something to multiplay together. Is Greed the only multiplayer game in the bundle? Any thoughts?

Also does the 1C collection from GG include all of the 1C bundle games?[/QUOTE]

Greed has bad controls and there is nothing fancy about the loots for the game.

I thought there already was a 1C and Meridian4 bundle.
There is, it's called Indie Gala. ZING

No but seriously. From the M4 I have Grotesque Tactics, Scratches, Greed, and Shadowgrounds. Are any of the rest worth playing at all?

[quote name='iSerra']Greed has bad controls and there is nothing fancy about the loots for the game.[/QUOTE]

Maybe for KBAM but Controller controls for Greed are fine. The loot is indeed lackluster making it feel a bit like a worthless trudge. I admittedly only played for a couple of hours - but coop makes it better. For $1 it's a solid 2-3 hours of good wasted coop time without feeling overly invested.

So which of these (if any) are worth getting:

Larva Mortis
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Scratches - Director's Cut
Obulis
Vigil: Blood Bitterness

I keep buying these without giving it much thought, so I'm taking a moment to ask before I blindly buy something:whistle2:k

[quote name='iSerra']Groupees Build A Meridian 4 is also live. http://groupees.com/meridian4

All games have steam keys except Shadowgrounds (COG).[/QUOTE]

The good thing is that each game in the Meridian bundle only costs $.40 (not the normal $.75 for Build-a-Bundles). Once you go above three games, it becomes 3 for $1... so you could pick up 6 games here for $2. Even if they're not great games, that's a pretty solid deal.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So which of these (if any) are worth getting:

Larva Mortis
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Scratches - Director's Cut
Obulis
Vigil: Blood Bitterness

I keep buying these without giving it much thought, so I'm taking a moment to ask before I blindly buy something:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Obulis is a fun little physics-based puzzle game. You click on chains to release balls that roll and bounce around, with the goal of getting them into vases. The difficulty is a bit uneven, with some levels being quite easy and others being very challenging, but if you like puzzle games, it's a solid one to pick up.

I own Scratches but haven't really had a chance to play it yet; it certainly looks interesting, though, and it got decent reviews. Don't know much about the other games.

Meridian 4 bundle unlocked RIP Trilogy, next bonus is Grotesque Tactics 2. That's nice of them I guess. I like the genre but I haven't heard good things about the series' attempts at humor.

[quote name='DonaldBlank']How's the penguin game? Been thinking of getting that fom gala for a while now.[/QUOTE]

It's multiplayer only and I've heard it's dead.. but maybe CAG can revive it temporarily ;)

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']Obulis is a fun little physics-based puzzle game. You click on chains to release balls that roll and bounce around, with the goal of getting them into vases. The difficulty is a bit uneven, with some levels being quite easy and others being very challenging, but if you like puzzle games, it's a solid one to pick up.

I own Scratches but haven't really had a chance to play it yet; it certainly looks interesting, though, and it got decent reviews. Don't know much about the other games.[/QUOTE]

will have to think about it I guess, as even if it's a great deal, no point if I don't play them ever. If someone only wanted one of these, and has some indie keys to unload, I wouldn't mind doing a trade. I know it's only $1 for 3 games, but still;)

[quote name='DonaldBlank']How's the penguin game? Been thinking of getting that fom gala for a while now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spoderman']It's multiplayer only and I've heard it's dead.. but maybe CAG can revive it temporarily ;)[/QUOTE]

You can play single-player with bot penguins, but it's pretty bad. I stopped playing it after 20-30 minutes. For $0.40 though...

[quote name='seamoss']You can play single-player with bot penguins, but it's pretty bad. I stopped playing it after 20-30 minutes. For $0.40 though...[/QUOTE]

Might be fun to set up a BGCQ event for the game. I'm thinking of grabbing it just for that.

Seriously? None of you have mentioned Crash Time II (part of the Alarm für Cobra 11 series)? Ya'll suck!
^_~
It seemed decent from what I played of it, and certainly worth this price.

[quote name='asheskitty']Seriously? None of you have mentioned Crash Time II (part of the Alarm für Cobra 11 series)? Ya'll suck!
^_~
It seemed decent from what I played of it, and certainly worth this price.[/QUOTE]

I think it was in at least one prior bundle so many people already have it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think it was in at least one prior bundle so many people already have it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was in a bundlestars bundle. I already have it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think it was in at least one prior bundle so many people already have it.[/QUOTE]

Aah, I bought these (Alarm für Cobra 11, Crash Time 1-3) individually some time back (from GG I think, summer sale). ...back when I wouldn't have expected anything that was released on X-Box 360 (not XLBA) to wind up in an indie bundle...

[quote name='spoderman']Yeah it was in a bundlestars bundle. I already have it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, people actually buy those! They've always looked interesting but failed to have enough "I want it!" to overcome their (somewhat justifiable) high price.

[quote name='asheskitty']Aah, I bought these individually some time back (from GG I think). ...back when I wouldn't have expected anything that was released on X-Box 360 (not XLBA) to wind up in an indie bundle...

Wow, people actually buy those! They've always looked interesting but failed to have enough "I want it!" to overcome their (somewhat justifiable) high price.[/QUOTE]

Well.. to be fair.. I didn't actually buy the bundle. Someone dropped some codes in a thread and I redeemed them ;).

2 of the Bundlestars bundles were pretty good though, but most of them have too many repeats.

[quote name='spoderman']Well.. to be fair.. I didn't actually buy the bundle. Someone dropped some codes in a thread and I redeemed them ;).

2 of the Bundlestars bundles were pretty good though, but most of them have too many repeats.[/QUOTE]

So my recollection of "too many repeats was correct"... I think if they split their bundles into two at half the price, I probably would have bought one by now...

bread's done
Back