= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Bundlestars are generally great for people who missed bundles. I bought most of them when I moved over to PC gaming. Like their most current bundle is very solid if you've missed a few other bundles.

This may be an odd question.. Does anyone know how Men of War Vietnam Special Edition activates on your account if you've already got the regular edition? Does it create an entirely new entry in your library, or does it "upgrade" your regular edition?

I'm wondering because I activated the regular edition on my account a while ago that I got for free from gamefly.

I tend to to do the following if/when I buy Bundlestars:

1. Check to see what games I have/what are repeats.
2. List the repeats in the trade thread to gauge interest.
3. Buy the actual bundle if I get enough interest in repeats to bring down the price I would pay for the games I want/need.

It's worked out okay for me so far, but I too bough most of the Crash Time games from the GG Summer Sale when they were dirt cheap. Still missing one or two I think.

[quote name='spoderman']This may be an odd question.. Does anyone know how Men of War Vietnam Special Edition activates on your account if you've already got the regular edition? Does it create an entirely new entry in your library, or does it "upgrade" your regular edition?

I'm wondering because I activated the regular edition on my account a while ago that I got for free from gamefly.[/QUOTE]

I can't be positive, but it looks like Steam treats the SE as a DLC add-on as far as I can tell.

[quote name='Izod517']I can't be positive, but it looks like Steam treats the SE as a DLC add-on as far as I can tell.[/QUOTE]

Does it have a separate key? Like one for MOW Vietnam and one for the Special Edition upgrade?

It's 1 key. I'm trying to find someone in the same situation (a lot of people got it free from gamefly) so I can figure out if I can redeem the key to my account and upgrade my old regular edition without any issues. I wouldn't mind it being a seperate entry either, but it would suck if it doesn't let me redeem it period.

Haven't bought the bundle yet, but this may be a deciding factor.

I have to say, I'm incredibly amused at the amount of effort some of you are putting into trying to/deciding to upgrade your MoW Vietnam to the Special Edition, given that I doubt many of us have put much time into it and given MoW's extremely tough reputation.

I was telling Fox last night that the version of Men Of War: Vietnam that came with the GamersGate 1C bundle is redeemable on steam. The GG version is supposed to be the Special edition, but the Multiplayer key that I used to redeem on steam only gave me the regular edition. I never even noticed that until I saw this current conversation.

Don't really care all that much personally. But just throwing that out there for anybody who might have seen Fox & my conversation about it a few pages back.

[quote name='The End']I was telling Fox last night that the version of Men Of War: Vietnam that came with the GamersGate 1C bundle is redeemable on steam. The GG version is supposed to be the Special edition, but the Multiplayer key that I used to redeem on steam only gave me the regular edition. I never even noticed that until I saw this current conversation.

Don't really care all that much personally. But just throwing that out there for anybody who might have seen Fox & my conversation about it a few pages back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Groupees keys are unique. All of the multiplayer keys (regardless of regular/special editions) will redeem the regular edition. The Groupees key redeems the Special edition.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']The good thing is that each game in the Meridian bundle only costs $.40 (not the normal $.75 for Build-a-Bundles). Once you go above three games, it becomes 3 for $1... so you could pick up 6 games here for $2. Even if they're not great games, that's a pretty solid deal.[/QUOTE]

It's not so exciting when there's only one game that you don't already own. :whistle2:(

Hello!
I'm trying to get an information about financial future in Central European Union coutries like Czech Republic. I've found a site przyszlosc finansowa and I'm surprised that post-russian countries are quickly growning and it's a good place to move business to. I recommend to everyone to read this article.

the Meridian 4 groupees bundle is incredible, I just got 11 steam games for just $2. Also, the Be Mine 8 is coming soon, can't wait to see what that will bring, groupees has been killing it lately

[quote name='LazyTriangle']the Meridian 4 groupees bundle is incredible, I just got 11 steam games for just $2. Also, the Be Mine 8 is coming soon, can't wait to see what that will bring, groupees has been killing it lately[/QUOTE]

I think you meant $4? Or $3.67 to be exact, unless you're counting the bonus games.

[quote name='shrinerr']Hate to ask, but can someone edit the OP to show the Meridian bundle with icon guide? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Taken care of, sorry about the delay, should be up to date now

Ok, I can answer my own question now. If you own Men of War Vietnam Regular Edition and activate the Special Edition, it adds the DLC to your DLC tab for the regular edition, and you keep/use the regular edition key.

[quote name='spoderman']Ok, I can answer my own question now. If you own Men of War Vietnam Regular Edition and activate the Special Edition, it adds the DLC to your DLC tab for the regular edition, and you keep/use the regular edition key.[/QUOTE]
Activate the Special Edition and you get the Special Edition DLC for your existing Regular Edition and the key gets flagged as used. Anyone with the regular edition key that is unused should activate this key instead.

[quote name='mephistox3120']Nope. Activate the Special Edition and you get the Special Edition DLC for your existing Regular Edition and the key gets flagged as used.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I just said.. I think you misunderstood how I worded it though. I meant you keep/use the regular edition CD key that's in your library, meaning nothing is replaced, all it does is add the DLC to your account.

[quote name='spoderman']That's exactly what I just said.. I think you misunderstood how I worded it though. I meant you keep/use the regular edition CD key that's in your library, meaning nothing is replaced, all it does is add the DLC to your account.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I had to read it a few times before I understood what you wanted to say.

[quote name='tebowdragon15']jw if i put steam key for men of war vietnam special editon but i have the men of war vietnam standard edtion what would happen?[/QUOTE]
In case the last few posts on the topic (at the end of the previous page) weren't clear enough:

- The DLC is added to your account.

Don't forget to click the "Donate to charity" checkbox on the side to give 10% of your payment to this bundle's charity, which is an orphanage for homeless kids in Haiti. 10% might not sound like much, but in my experience, every teensy little bit helps at places like these.

[quote name='Detruire']In case the last few posts on the topic (at the end of the previous page) weren't clear enough:

- The DLC is added to your account.[/QUOTE]

thanks sorry it was too many pages lol thanks for the info sorry

[quote name='spoderman']That's exactly what I just said.. I think you misunderstood how I worded it though. I meant you keep/use the regular edition CD key that's in your library, meaning nothing is replaced, all it does is add the DLC to your account.[/QUOTE]

What happens if you already own the Special Expanded edition and try to activate the GOTY Complete Season Pass edition before you activate the Super-Duper Platinum edition?

[quote name='Woodlands']What happens if you already own the Special Expanded edition and try to activate the GOTY Complete Season Pass edition before you activate the Super-Duper Platinum edition?[/QUOTE]

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

[quote name='crabbit']Don't forget to click the "Donate to charity" checkbox on the side to give 10% of your payment to this bundle's charity, which is an orphanage for homeless kids in Haiti. 10% might not sound like much, but in my experience, every teensy little bit helps at places like these.[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='Mooby']Oh man I'm having a hard time finding something outside of Larva Mortus I'd actually play.[/QUOTE]

Wait? You actually play games Mooby?!? I thought you just complained about them. ^_~

[quote name='crabbit']Don't forget to click the "Donate to charity" checkbox on the side to give 10% of your payment to this bundle's charity, which is an orphanage for homeless kids in Haiti. 10% might not sound like much, but in my experience, every teensy little bit helps at places like these.[/QUOTE]

What if I don't like children? :evil: ...except with a white basil sauce...

[quote name='asheskitty']What if I don't like children? :evil: ...except with a white basil sauce...[/QUOTE]
Then your charity will go towards fattening them up.

[quote name='asheskitty']Wait? You actually play games Mooby?!? I thought you just complained about them. ^_~
[/QUOTE]

It's a nice hobby to take a break from complaining.

[quote name='iSerra']Post Mortem added as third bonus for Meridian 4 Bundle.[/QUOTE]

This bundle just keeps getting better. I got all the games I didn't own for 2.67 and the bonus games are ones I don't have. Worked out quite well for me.

I have never played kings bounty but heard a lot of you say its good. Is the $4 Groupees a good price for it? Really no interest in the other games.

[quote name='Branyon47']I have never played kings bounty but heard a lot of you say its good. Is the $4 Groupees a good price for it? Really no interest in the other games.[/QUOTE]
IMHO absolutely a great deal for $4. But beware, the game is fairly long and battles can take a while if you want to minimize troop losses. You could also go on gamefaqs and read up on how to do that with resurrection and class skills, but you wont be able to do those things until later in the game (at least in the first game).

[quote name='shivan128']IMHO absolutely a great deal for $4. But beware, the game is fairly long and battles can take a while if you want to minimize troop losses. You could also go on gamefaqs and read up on how to do that with resurrection and class skills, but you wont be able to do those things until later in the game (at least in the first game).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, I went a head and got the bundle.

So Millennium 2 (from BaB5) is now on Desura. I mentioned this in the support chat but got no reply.

Motoki, you wanna take this on? :)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So any reason to get the first Grotesque game when the sequel is one of the bonuses? I'm finding it hard to find three titles I want:cry:[/QUOTE]

I quite like Grotesque 1. The characters are fun and the gameplay is simple but fun as well. Also the story is ok. I've heard most of the time that the sequel is the inferior one. Just my humble opinion of course.

[quote name='iSerra']Post Mortem added as third bonus for Meridian 4 Bundle.[/QUOTE]

looks interesting, but also reminds me of LA Noire which I didn't enjoy. Are more bonuses likely? I was surprised to only see 2, but 3 is still rather a lot fewer than some of the previous bundles.

They usually don't reveal bonus stuff until after the prior threshold is hit. Who knows, there could be four or five more games.

[quote name='Mooby']They usually don't reveal bonus stuff until after the prior threshold is hit. Who knows, there could be four or five more games.[/QUOTE]

They don't reveal them but they do usually list "2 out of 5" or something like that. This bundle initially stopped at "2 out of 2" but they must have added another tier due to the demand.

bread's done
Back