= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only preordering, because I know if I don't it will be full of stuff I want and end up costing me more.

Of course, now that I ordered it It will suck, but that's just the way my luck works.

Eh, usually I end up buying the Greenlight bundles for a couple of games, so it's hard to say no to the full package for just .25 cents more... hoping for some waifu material at least.

Added up the previous versions of greenlight bundles I bought and the average is slightly higher than $1.25. So that's reason enough for me to byte.

greenlight never has steam keys?
Eventually if they get Greenlit unless the developers find a way to not give keys, which usually ends up in a bunch of backlash and we get the keys eventually unless another company gets the game.....so yeah not in the original bundle at least.

Eventually if they get Greenlit unless the developers find a way to not give keys, which usually ends up in a bunch of backlash and we get the keys eventually unless another company gets the game.....so yeah not originally at least.
k thanks. hopefully they send me a link to download the games... still have not got the email..got it

The Greenlight bundle looks like it was worth the $1.25 investment. There's a few games that look good enough to warrant a purchase in there for sure.

I was going to rush and buy the heavy metal bundle since I can never get enough metal, but then I saw Digital Summer in the mix. I hate that band with a passion. Boring bland garbage music right off the bat. On top of that they graffiti'd up my town with their bumper stickers all over street signs for a long time before they finally got signed. I don't care that they are from Phoenix (my home town) that doesn't mean I have to like their crap. A buddy of mine had me listen to their demo CD when they were first starting out and it was awful. I can't believe these idiots made it. Gah! /end rant

I'm really only interested in star nomad. I came close to pulling the trigger on that when it was featured on IGS.

I'll wait and see if they do the one game minimum.

Par for the course with this Greenlight stuff.  A few of the "covers" look interesting, but once you click to watch the gameplay vids, you realize it's the same low quality stuff no one would ever pay more than a few cents for (if that). 

Decent Greenlight bundle, though I already have Barter Empire from the IndieRoyale Greenlight bundle running right now.

A Camp in the Woods looks bad but i'll play any RPGMaker game

An Imp? A Fiend! looks decent for a hard platformer

Barter Empire looks kind of horrible

Ghost Encounters looks OK for a hidden object game

Hassle Heart looks junky overall

Kazgar's Revenge looks alright too and is an action RPG...hopefully it's playable

Star Nomad is a high want that looks like a quality game

Thief Town could be a fun local multiplayer game

VolChaos looks good and appears to be a decent platformer

Why So Evil doesn't look too hot either, but maybe OK for a puzzle game

Hopefully 1 or 2 out of the bunch are fun overall. Really happy about Star Nomad though since I missed it on IGS and it looks pretty good and the developer listens to all feedback to make the game better hopefully.

I'm really only interested in star nomad. I came close to pulling the trigger on that when it was featured on IGS.

I'll wait and see if they do the one game minimum.
Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger on that IGS too, and I'm glad I forgot now. That Deadwood game looks like it's probably a decent HOG, so that rounds it out for me. $0.25 saved.

Plus I was eyeballing that Barter Empire in some other greenlight bundle (maybe a Royale?), so bonus is bonus.

Also their pricing structure is a bit weird, it's cheaper the more you buy but the last four are all over the place, unless I did the math wrong.

$0.50 per game for the first two, $0.43 for the next two, $0.39 and $0.36 for the next two, $0.37 and $0.34 for the last two.

Also their pricing structure is a bit weird, it's cheaper the more you buy but the last four are all over the place, unless I did the math wrong.

$0.50 per game for the first two, $0.43 for the next two, $0.39 and $0.36 for the next two, $0.37 and $0.34 for the last two.
That format doesn't make sense to you? Have you ever bought in bulk? The more you buy the bigger the discount. It's actually a very common practice. Some companies' entire business model revolves around bulk purchasing (see Costco as a good example).

The pricing goes (unless my math is wrong too):

$.50/2

$.47/3

$.465/4

$.45/5

$.435/6

$.425/7

$.415/8

That format doesn't make sense to you? Have you ever bought in bulk? The more you buy the bigger the discount. It's actually a very common practice. Some companies' entire business model revolves around bulk purchasing (see Costco as a good example).

$.50/2

$.47/3

$.465/4

$.45/5

$.435/6

$.425/7

$.415/8
Sorry I didn't mean the whole "cheaper more you buy" is weird, I just thought the last 4 with their up-n-down pricing was weird, but I now realize I did the math wrong, so forget what I said.

Sorry I didn't mean the whole "cheaper more you buy" is weird, I just thought the last 4 with their up-n-down pricing was weird, but I now realize I did the math wrong, so forget what I said.
No worries, I realized after I posted that's what you meant, but I didn't want to try to stealth delete/edit it and look even more like a tool than I'm sure my post made me seem.

$.50/2

$.47/3

$.465/4

$.45/5

$.435/6

$.425/7

$.415/8
Oh, it is weird for bundles. Even most BABs are fixed-tier prices per game, but Groupees has done this sort of thing before.

And frankly, it's tough to really compare indie game bundles to regular physical commodities in this way. Buying in bulk nets you a discount on real-world items because you're buying multiple copies of the same thing and ultimately the supplier makes his money back by selling a bigger quantity than he otherwise would. The same sort of principle applies to bundles but bundles are groups of a bunch of different things and each supplier is only getting compensated based on the total number of bundles sold (at least that's how I understand the contracts to work).

Just want to publicly thank RCSample for giving me an extra that he had. I'll leave it to all you amateur detectives to figure out which game it was.

is Star Nomad in the BABG11 good?
I like it. I got a free key from the dev and decided to give it a whirl. It's sort of like a top-down Privateer, I guess. Defintely more playable on a PC screen than my 5" phone screen.

Pro's

• Buy low/sell high
  • Pew Pew
  • Missions
  • Easy on the eyes (gud grafix)
Cons

• Wish there was a windowed mode
  • Would like to use keyboard to control ship rather than clicky-clicky thing (mouse)
  • Is there an overall plot?
  • Is there enough meat for me to keep playing?
  • Weird "Save Game" ? Can "continue". After I get killed, I get to keep my money but my new ship went away....wha?

I was having some buyers remorse there, but after looking through everything, there's some okay stuff in there.  The block game looks decent, the Imp game looks really good, and I'm always ready for a terrible point and click adventure.  I love terrible point and click adventures. 

The thief game looks terrible and the robot heart puncher thing looks mind numbingly bad. 

I don't think a Camp in the Woods is complete. According to Greenlight I think it's in an alpha state with no story or something....so likely it's about nothing. It's pretty much Desura Steam Early Access. 

I don't think a Camp in the Woods is incomplete. According to Greenlight I think it's in an alpha state with no story or something....so likely it's about nothing. It's pretty much Desura Steam Early Access.
Well, to be fair, that is about something--it's about what a dreadful mistake Early Access turned out to be.

I don't think a Camp in the Woods is complete. According to Greenlight I think it's in an alpha state with no story or something....so likely it's about nothing. It's pretty much Desura Steam Early Access.
Pffft.

Desura's was doing alpha games long before Steam started with Early Access.

Pffft.

Desura's was doing alpha games long before Steam started with Early Access.
Very true hell half of the games in Freedom Friday are alpha games or someone's demo game. Doesn't change the fact the games story isn't there. Heck you would think for a game, mainly in RPGMaker that the story would be there earlier....oh well, we'll see if it is ever finished.

So anyone watch We Are The World music video?

I felt so uncomfortable, I couldn't make it through the whole video

It is in the spoiler below if you don't feel like d/ling it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtVgLGAArbQ

Thanks for the ear nails I used to block out the sound. Is this the Groupees community? Fat guy, stoner chick, and PTSD Vietnam dude?

This is the talent competition of the final candidates for the new position at Poopies.
I hope Agent Orange, the war trauma victim wearing a bandana, gets the job. He looks crazy enough to shoot them all if they ever let Ajay make another bundle.

At least one guy in that video was drinking Tito's Vodka. That was the highest quality thing about that video.
High quality in the video....haha. It felt like when I first discovered Quicktime anime.....yeah it sucked but at the time Real Media and Quicktime seemed like OK formats and they were a decently small size as well!

bread's done
Back