= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone buys this bundle, can you confirm if the games have activation limits? Someone from Groupees chat was saying the MangaGamer stuff has 5 activation limits per game.
Tebow chat group buy for $1 each if they don't? It's spankable for a buck.

Jast and Mangagamer have activation limits. I know Mangagamer at least allows you to request new activations if you need them. I've bought many, many games from Mangagamer and they're really worth buying. These aren't their best though Edelweiss is a fun one. Jast i think is the same way. 

I remember MangaGamer adding Steam keys if you bought directly from their site for one of their games.. so if these games do come to Steam, I guess there's that going for it.

That girlfriend the president game that ran in another bundle had activation limits too so I guess that is common with vns and they are living in the digital dark ages.

I wouldn't hold my breath for true hentai (not just ecchi) shit to get on Steam either and wouldn't necessarily trust manga gamer to give keys if it did.

PASS

Mangagamer has given keys for all their recent games going on Steam including Princess Evangile, Huniepop which they published, Dengeki Stryker and Go Go Nippon before it was in every bundle known to man. That said I sincerely doubt the $10 tier will ever appear on Steam though I feel Edelweiss was fun and had good characters.

I wish people would embrace the adult stuff. I much prefer all that sex to violence myself. I strongly support Mangagamer and to a lesser extent Jast USA. Mangagamer brings some very good titles, lots of Nukige (Which I played maybe 1 out of 6 or so) and generally does a good job releasing a lot of stuff throughout the year. Jast USA is generally good too though they are slow as heck. You're always guaranteed physical copies with their games at least. They have been going crazy on censorship lately which I disagree with, but they usually are alright.

There are very few companies localizing visual novels (though the number has increased lately with Sekai project and other smaller companies), so it's good to support them if you like these titles. Compared to many other companies your purchase counts a lot more overall for the companies. 

I'm still sad that tey never released the 18+ version of Aselia the Eternal. Maybe one day...

Also, Demonbane is loli-tastic. I'm surprised Groupees included it.
Yeah I doubt we'll ever get it. To me Jast USA seems way over their head in how many projects they have. It's amazing this year we have 3 games from them already though I wont play Starless even though I find the art appealing. Supposedly they're even still working on the sequel. I mean this year we finally got Hanachirasu which should have been out a year or 2 ago....Next game from them is Shiny Days. I'm still waiting patiently for the games they announced a year or 2 ago...the one with the witches....and the western one. I'm sure i'll see them in a year or 2.

Yeah I doubt we'll ever get it. To me Jast USA seems way over their head in how many projects they have. It's amazing this year we have 3 games from them already though I wont play Starless even though I find the art appealing. Supposedly they're even still working on the sequel. I mean this year we finally got Hanachirasu which should have been out a year or 2 ago....Next game from them is Shiny Days. I'm still waiting patiently for the games they announced a year or 2 ago...the one with the witches....and the western one. I'm sure i'll see them in a year or 2.
They're bringing Starless over? How would that even work with censorship? I mean, there'd be nothing left.

Good news: Groupees released a doujin bundle with adult content. Yu  Narukami apporves.

Bad news: They want $10 for 6 games.

Damn you, Groupees. Couldn't have accidentally had a preorder for like an hour. *sigh* In for the $4 one, I guess.

Jast and Mangagamer have activation limits. I know Mangagamer at least allows you to request new activations if you need them. I've bought many, many games from Mangagamer and they're really worth buying. These aren't their best though Edelweiss is a fun one. Jast i think is the same way.
And what's with this? Are activation limits like each time you boot up the game or just to prevent gamesharing over multiple devices?

I started playing Aces of the Luftwaffe, which is in the Jonny's Jams bundle, and well... it's decent, but it's also very casual and very obviously F2Pey.

You can't do anything other than move the plane and use a super attack, the plane goes on auto-fire as soon as the stage proper begins (this is why I called it very casual.) So as long as you evade the bullets you're fine, but enemies take multiple hits to kill and the amount of bullets can be overwhelming. You don't die in one hit, which is a good thing, and you seem to recover / heal over time. You can also pick up repair kits that fix you up.

The problem with this, though, is that you can't tell how much damage you actually have. Your screen shows damage in the form of cracks and bullet holes, but you really don't know if you're at low health until an alarm starts up.

You can also get up to two wingmen - which fire additional bullets at enemies. But unlike other shooters, they -can- be shot down.

You buy plane upgrades by picking up Iron Crosses from fallen enemies. You also have to use these to buy other planes... and open up stages. And this is the F2P part. You have to replay stages quite a bit to buy upgrades and open up levels. I get about 50-75 currency per stage, and a new character needs 400. Plane upgrades are also pretty expensive. You can see the original phone version let you pay for these upgrades.

Stages are split in three levels and a boss fight. You can replay each section separately, which is good when you're grinding for currency.

TL;DR - it's fun, but grindy, and it works in short bursts.

[quote name="Foxhack" post="12713108" timestamp="1432863950"]I started playing Aces of the Luftwaffe, which is in the Jonny's Jams bundle, and well... it's decent, but it's also very casual and very obviously F2Pey.

You can't do anything other than move the plane and use a super attack, the plane goes on auto-fire as soon as the stage proper begins (this is why I called it very casual.) So as long as you evade the bullets you're fine, but enemies take multiple hits to kill and the amount of bullets can be overwhelming. You don't die in one hit, which is a good thing, and you seem to recover / heal over time. You can also pick up repair kits that fix you up.

The problem with this, though, is that you can't tell how much damage you actually have. Your screen shows damage in the form of cracks and bullet holes, but you really don't know if you're at low health until an alarm starts up.

You can also get up to two wingmen - which fire additional bullets at enemies. But unlike other shooters, they -can- be shot down.

You buy plane upgrades by picking up Iron Crosses from fallen enemies. You also have to use these to buy other planes... and open up stages. And this is the F2P part. You have to replay stages quite a bit to buy upgrades and open up levels. I get about 50-75 currency per stage, and a new character needs 400. Plane upgrades are also pretty expensive. You can see the original phone version let you pay for these upgrades.

Stages are split in three levels and a boss fight. You can replay each section separately, which is good when you're grinding for currency.

TL;DR - it's fun, but grindy, and it works in short bursts.[/quote]
Ummm... Thanks MysterD... Oh it's not him.... Carry on then.

Check their respective store pages.

Yes, really. You're getting discount codes for the games, so you're getting the same game you'd get from the store.
But... that's too much work.

Nah, not really. In fact, I just did it. They're not censored. Lots of good eroge stuff in all the games. The nurse one is the most graphic. Fine, in for all of them. Especially considering how much they would be on their own. Edelweiss is normally $30. Crazy.

I can tell people don't generally buy VNs on here. The prices for them are usually $40 at the cheapest at launch of longer games and usually at their cheapest about $20. Nukige generally are in the barely over/barely under $20 but they also are usually short. Demonbane alone is usually about $35ish I think. Edelweiss is very funny. It's really frantic and your other friends are hilarious. I quite enjoyed it a lot. I'll be honest and say I think Aselia the Eternal drags a lot at the beginning. I wont give spoilers but it dragggggggggggssssssss. The battles are good but repetitive. Pretty good though.

*points the site name*

Look, there's always going to be niche shit and that's fine but obviously that sort of pricing won't work in other markets and clearly Groupees is not generally catering to the sort that will pay $40 normally for an indie game with their blind grab bag 8 for a dollar marketing strategy of late.

*points the site name*

Look, there's always going to be niche shit and that's fine but obviously that sort of pricing won't work in other markets and clearly Groupees is not generally catering to the sort that will pay $40 normally for an indie game with their blind grab bag 8 for a dollar marketing strategy of late.
Sure, it's not Groupees regular thing, but I like that they're trying some new things. I probably won't buy this bundle, but I like that it has happened.

I can tell people don't generally buy VNs on here. The prices for them are usually $40 at the cheapest at launch of longer games and usually at their cheapest about $20. Nukige generally are in the barely over/barely under $20 but they also are usually short. Demonbane alone is usually about $35ish I think. Edelweiss is very funny. It's really frantic and your other friends are hilarious. I quite enjoyed it a lot. I'll be honest and say I think Aselia the Eternal drags a lot at the beginning. I wont give spoilers but it dragggggggggggssssssss. The battles are good but repetitive. Pretty good though.
Well, I mean crazy in terms of content-to-price ratio. The nurse one is only about 8-10 hours long, but costs $20. Edelweiss is longer, but hardly worth the $30 asking price, speaking as a CAG. True, I don't purchase many VNs, but only because I know that they're all rather insanely priced. I've looked into a lot of VNs and have interest in the majority of them, including some not even translated, but the price keeps me away. I know that I certainly can't argue with $10 for these six games.

*points the site name*

groupees is catering to the type of crowd that will nickname their site poopees and still buy all their bundles

Well, I mean crazy in terms of content-to-price ratio. The nurse one is only about 8-10 hours long, but costs $20. Edelweiss is longer, but hardly worth the $30 asking price, speaking as a CAG. True, I don't purchase many VNs, but only because I know that they're all rather insanely priced. I've looked into a lot of VNs and have interest in the majority of them, including some not even translated, but the price keeps me away. I know that I certainly can't argue with $10 for these six games.
Agree I don't buy them often, but often it costs me about $43ish for my favorite ones with usually more story. I'm used to paying the prices by now since they are usually more niche than well just about all the rest of niche games. Edelweiss and other older VN, such as KiraKira and Da Capo...etc... I believe should be about $20ish. Around $40ish is fair IMHO for newer lengthy story VNs. The main problem is that since they are AO usually they don't get on Steam so only when the company decides a sale is necessary will you get really decent prices. JAST USA also usually ridiculously price their novels for a while. Demonbane should be around $25 or $20 but it's still pretty expensive. Jast USA really do decent physical copies though and some even include bonuses such as the artbook with Starless. Mangagamer are doing excellent physical editions now too. Unlike Jast USA, they only do the physical copies when the original digital games sell well. I support them all the way and the day Da Capo 3 goes up for pre-order (to get the horrible anime out of my mind) I will pre-order it.

To put it straight it's just a bigger niche of already niche games. I love VN and eroge and such and have likely played at least 100+ of these games. What can I say I support what I like haha.

Agree I don't buy them often, but often it costs me about $43ish for my favorite ones with usually more story. I'm used to paying the prices by now since they are usually more niche than well just about all the rest of niche games. Edelweiss and other older VN, such as KiraKira and Da Capo...etc... I believe should be about $20ish. Around $40ish is fair IMHO for newer lengthy story VNs. The main problem is that since they are AO usually they don't get on Steam so only when the company decides a sale is necessary will you get really decent prices. JAST USA also usually ridiculously price their novels for a while. Demonbane should be around $25 or $20 but it's still pretty expensive. Jast USA really do decent physical copies though and some even include bonuses such as the artbook with Starless. Mangagamer are doing excellent physical editions now too. Unlike Jast USA, they only do the physical copies when the original digital games sell well. I support them all the way and the day Da Capo 3 goes up for pre-order (to get the horrible anime out of my mind) I will pre-order it.

To put it straight it's just a bigger niche of already niche games. I love VN and eroge and such and have likely played at least 100+ of these games. What can I say I support what I like haha.
I would buy the ones I really liked, but I just don't make enough, nor do I have enough time to justify buying them. Even VNs would go into the backlog. I haven't even bothered tracking the games to see when they go on sale, at which time I would buy them. A separate thread on one of the sub-forums might be nice, but I don't know if there are enough interested people or enough sales to justify that.

If anyone is curious, Dustoff Heli Rescue is a crap mobile port if you're planning to play it with a controller (I was). Gamepads work for some people, but it only worked halfway for me, and I use an official wireless 360 controller. It works for the left and right directional buttons, but it doesn't work in any of the menus and I can't manually aim with controller (I have to set it to autofire to make it fire the gun).

The store page says full controller support, but this clearly isn't the case. It's hit or miss.

If anyone is curious, Dustoff Heli Rescue is a crap mobile port if you're planning to play it with a controller (I was). Gamepads work for some people, but it only worked halfway for me, and I use an official wireless 360 controller. It works for the left and right directional buttons, but it doesn't work in any of the menus and I can't manually aim with controller (I have to set it to autofire to make it fire the gun).

The store page says full controller support, but this clearly isn't the case. It's hit or miss.
Yeah, I played it for a bit yesterday. It was disappointing to say the least.

bread's done
Back