Groupon: Purchase a $15 eBay Gift Certificate for $7

good deal but i must resist. This will just entice me to buy something that is more than the gift card is worth, and that is still money spent that I don't want to spend lol.

Nice, any word on multiples yet?

After the fiasco I had with them holding $120 worth of money for B&N groupons that didn't work.... I'm hesitant to fuss with buying a lot again.

Mine has not been delivered yet. It has been around 3 hours since I purchased. Apparently; If you buy off the mobile site, it will come quicker. That is all stuff I read on SD.

I just ordered one and it says to allow 48 hours for it to process. My guess is that they won't send out the eBay gift certificates until after the deal is done. Not a big deal for me since I wasn't planning to use it on anything today, but it might be for those of you who were hoping to use them on the Microsoft Points deal.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Nice, any word on multiples yet?

After the fiasco I had with them holding $120 worth of money for B&N groupons that didn't work.... I'm hesitant to fuss with buying a lot again.[/QUOTE]

You can get multiples but you need multiple accounts and credit cards. Only one per account and credit card. I bought 4 using different accounts since I had credit left. Use this site to get them fast http://touch.groupon.com/deals/ebay/ . Got mine already and might get more lol.

[quote name='Strongbad2143']You can get multiples but you need multiple accounts and credit cards. Only one per account and credit card. I bought 4 using different accounts since I had credit left. Use this site to get them fast http://touch.groupon.com/deals/ebay/ . Got mine already and might get more lol.[/QUOTE]

Have you actually confirmed this?

That's what they said for the last one and it was not true, you could just keep buying them.

Yeah I got four using separate accounts. I used 3 already so they do stack. You have to use the touch site otherwise you wont get them right away. This deal is on slickdeals and is like 40 pages long already.

[quote name='Strongbad2143']Yeah I got four using separate accounts. I used 3 already so they do stack. You have to use the touch site otherwise you wont get them right away. This deal is on slickdeals and is like 40 pages long already.[/QUOTE]

I understand that you can do this. I am wondering whether it is required, as it never has been previously. Always have used the same acct and credit card.

[quote name='fujimitsu']After the fiasco I had with them holding $120 worth of money for B&N groupons that didn't work.... I'm hesitant to fuss with buying a lot again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the B&N groupons made me never want to deal with them again.

They canceled my multiple gift cards and my order using them, which was fine, I knew it was a long shot for them to work. I was completely ok with just getting one in the end.

What I wasn't fine with was when they issued me my one remaining gift card and it didn't work. I emailed support, they insisted it did work, but I told them it was showing zero balance. This was followed by multiple back and forth emails where they continually insisted it worked and I kept telling them it had a zero balance, a trip to my nearest B&N (over an hour away from my home) with an unsuccessful attempt to redeem the gift card, and then a request for a refund that was denied by the customer service representative because "the deal was no longer active".

I then quoted the "Groupon promise" from their blog at one point to the representative which did not help me get a refund initially. It ended up with me writing one last email in which I told the rep that I was contacting my credit card company to do a charge back for the gift card that did not work and that I would like to close my Groupon account. I quickly received a one sentence response that said they were refunding my credit card for the Groupon.

A week and probably close to a dozen emails to handle an issue with one $20 gift card was ridiculous.

I bought $120 worth of them and they processed just fine my issue was more with B&N. B&N canceled all my orders and zeroed out the cards, took me a month to get groupon to refund.

Ugh but i just bought more.....

Just to confirm he is right, it won't let you use the same CC info for more than one anymore, even on separate accounts.

[quote name='Strongbad2143']You can get multiples but you need multiple accounts and credit cards. Only one per account and credit card. I bought 4 using different accounts since I had credit left. Use this site to get them fast http://touch.groupon.com/deals/ebay/ . Got mine already and might get more lol.[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right about this! This deal expires in 27 mins, but the eBay MS points should last for most of the day. If it hits later in the afternoon and still no gift card, I'll bite without it.

EDIT: The mobile site gives you the coupon instantly, but you can't use it until tomorrow. What a bunch of crap!

[quote name='kburns10']Hope you're right about this! This deal expires in 27 mins, but the eBay MS points should last for most of the day. If it hits later in the afternoon and still no gift card, I'll bite without it.

EDIT: Confirmed. Using the mobile link (although that one gives SD credit) got me an INSTANT gift card. I will be buying the MS points now! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

It wasn't instant for me, that's strange... now I'm worried.

Had to edit my post again. Turns out you can't use this until tomorrow. Even if you get it instantly, it gives you a message before you print that it cannot be used until tomorrow. Deal will most likely be dead by then (Although I remember the last one going well into the next day). Guess it depends how badly you want the points and if you're willing to risk the wait.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Have you actually confirmed this?

That's what they said for the last one and it was not true, you could just keep buying them.[/QUOTE]

I'd never, EVER try buying multiple anything from Groupon again. I created different accounts and had different emails, ended up only getting 1 valid GC after BN canceled all the orders, and it took weeks to sort out the mess with them refunding my initial $10 charges.

I'm in for 1, but that's it :)

It says you can't use them till tomorrow but if you try to use it, it will work. If you are worried about them getting canceled them use them right away. I bought a $50 eBay gift card with the groupons just in case they do get canceled. For some reason the regular groupon site takes longer to process. I would use the touch/mobile site to get them faster.

How come the only Groupons that show up in my email inbox are for crappy spa treatments and other stuff that I'll never use? I never would have known about this one if I hadn't seen this thread, so thanks OP!

[quote name='Strongbad2143']It says you can't use them till tomorrow but if you try to use it, it will work. If you are worried about them getting canceled them use them right away. I bought a $50 eBay gift card with the groupons just in case they do get canceled. For some reason the regular groupon site takes longer to process. I would use the touch/mobile site to get them faster.[/QUOTE]

Hmm..with everyone's issues that have posted about orders being canceled due to multiple orders, it sounds like they don't play with stuff like this. I think I'm a little too chicken to risk it lol.

First time I bought from Groupon. You dont get a confirmation email? Also it doesnt show up in your purchase account until the certificate is issued?

Any answers is appreciated.

Order using the touch site, you get them instantly.

I got the maximum of 3 with my 3 credit cards using various accounts. Bought starcraft 2 for $22, can't complain.

I feel zero sympathy for the people who tried to order multiple things from groupon and then had problems getting their money back for it. Abuse the system and you deserve whatever you have to deal with.

Thanks for posting this, I wish it had shown up in my inbox rather than the car wash one that did.

If I use a different email account to buy them vs another different account that's set up w/ PayPal & eBay, can I still use this thing?

The codes aren't email specific are they?

Man I understand if I have to wait to receive the actual coupon, but I'd like some kinda feedback after making a purchase. Just a confirmation email or something.

EDIT: okay it shows on the Groupon site itself, at least. When does "tomorrow" officially start?

I ended up getting 3 of them (3 different accounts, 3 different cards). I ended up getting WWE All-Stars for $30 shipped (or $9, depending on what you look at for "current" out-of-pocket expenses).

Which is great, because I didn't have enough money to get it at $60, so $30 off is fantastic (there was one more copy listed for $54.00 [ Buy It Now ], for anyone else that wanted it).

[quote name='solohunter']did you guys get a confirmation email immediately?[/QUOTE]Not me, the only confirmation of any kind I've seen is within the Groupon site itself. I bought mine a couple of hours ago.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I want to use it today. :([/QUOTE]

just used mine on the xbox live points, no problem. $28 total shipped for 4000 points card. + 7 for the $15 card.

35 total...not bad.

Dang, wish this happened before I went on an NES cart buying binge this weekend. Guess I'll still bite, what's a few more carts added to the collection :D

Thanks OP

[quote name='BustaUppa']Not me, the only confirmation of any kind I've seen is within the Groupon site itself. I bought mine a couple of hours ago.[/QUOTE]

hmm...i didn't have a groupon account, so i just filled out the page with my email address and i got the confirmation screen, but no email, and it didn't create an account...how do i know it went through?

[quote name='mang9432']just used mine on the xbox live points, no problem. $28 total shipped for 4000 points card. + 7 for the $15 card.

35 total...not bad.[/QUOTE]

You had to pay tax? Bummer. I just got 4000 for $32.

bread's done
Back