Groupon - Spend $10 Get $20 Toys R Us - IN STORE ONLY.

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
Got the link from Fabu Frugal(random city): http://www.groupon.com/deals/toys-r-us-november-pittsburgh?/

I think you should be able to order, even if you don't see it in your town.

The Fine Print

• Expires Dec 24, 2012
  • Limit 1 per person. In-store only. Not valid outside USA. Not valid until 11/23/12 at 5PM. Not valid toward Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards including those for digital content, photo studios, phone orders, special orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, or shipping & handling. Valid only on a purchase of $20 or more. Not withstanding anything above or below, vouchers not valid with Toys"R"Us after 12/24/12. Thereafter, Groupon will refund amount paid in Groupon credit for unredeemed vouchers. See full terms and conditions.
ETA:

For anyone who's interested, this would make Ratchet & Clank:Full Frontal Assault a $10+tax Day 1 purchase. I'm going to buy the disc version and it comes with the Vita download.

Edit 2:'Find something under $1.00 to get you to the $20 or more MINIMUM purchase.(MSRP is $19.99). Thanks United_Korea for pointing that out!'

Vita version of R&C:FFA delayed till January 2013. Thanks boogie4114!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...frontal-assault-coming-to-ps-vita-in-january/

"As a reward to fans for their patience, we will be giving them the first piece of DLC for the title, the Mini-Boss Skin Pack, as a bonus with their purchase of Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS3. This skin pack features three fan-favorite boss characters from past Ratchet & Clank games, including Chainblade from Going Commando and the Two-eyed Tyrhrranoid from Up Your Arsenal. Take a peek at these new skins in the screen below."

"If you are an immediate buyer, we understand that it hurts. Regardless the game was always going to be 19.99 on PS3 (before the Vita / Cross-buy thing even happened) so it’s still a good value at that price, and you do eventually get the Vita version.
Combine that with the competitive mode which you can play for a while and which we plan to support out to even during the Vita launch, and there will be content to check out still"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...127-for-19-99/

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=331645

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Umair56']If anyone manages to get it to work on a PSN card be sure to let us know.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be YMMV if it works or not. Last time when they had this offer up it didn't have all the fine print attached to the deal, and it also didn't work inherently in the store. The cashier had to get an override from a manager in order to get it to work. So if anybody is going to try and get this to work my advice is to not include the fine print portions below the coupon and just hand them the portion with the deal and bar code to scan in. So YMMV.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's going to be YMMV if it works or not. Last time when they had this offer up it didn't have all the fine print attached to the deal, and it also didn't work inherently in the store. The cashier had to get an override from a manager in order to get it to work. So if anybody is going to try and get this to work my advice is to not include the fine print portions below the coupon and just hand them the portion with the deal and bar code to scan in. So YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. I guess its worth a try. Worst case scenario I come back with that Ratchet game or a Vita case instead.

How would this work for the buy 1 get 1 for 40% off on Wii and Wii U games? Would it simply give you $20 off the total purchase or could you use two $20 groupons (for a total of $40) off the price of each individual game?

e.g.

$60 + $36 (40% off game) (-$20) = $76

or

$60 (-$20) + $36 (40%off) (-$20) = $56

[quote name='SOLDIER']What timezone is the Groupon using for its 5pm restriction?[/QUOTE]

It's whatever timezone you're in. Even if it's PST, if you're on CST or EST time, it clearly states on the coupon it will work after 5PM, so it's not like they can say no when it clearly states it on their. My guess it probably is already active, but the fine print on there will probably let them turn it down. In any case, a manager can override it too if it doesn't work as long as you show them the fine print on the coupon page.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']How would this work for the buy 1 get 1 for 40% off on Wii and Wii U games? Would it simply give you $20 off the total purchase or could you use two $20 groupons (for a total of $40) off the price of each individual game?[/QUOTE]

It's off the total purchase, and the coupon clearly states "Limit 1 Per Person." And you can only buy 1 coupon anyways during checkout, so there's really not much room for trying to abuse stacking here.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's whatever timezone you're in. Even if it's PST, if you're on CST or EST time, it clearly states on the coupon it will work after 5PM, so it's not like they can say no when it clearly states it on their. My guess it probably is already active, but the fine print on there will probably let them turn it down. In any case, a manager can override it too if it doesn't work as long as you show them the fine print on the coupon page.

It's off the total purchase, and the coupon clearly states "Limit 1 Per Person." And you can only buy 1 coupon anyways during checkout, so there's really not much room for trying to abuse stacking here.[/QUOTE]

I've ordered 2 for my sister under different e-mail;s in hoping they could stack but if they don't she would just use them individually.

[quote name='boogie4114']Apparently the Vita version won't be included with the PS3 retail version as it's been delayed until January.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ps-vita-ratchet-and-clank-full-frontal-assault-delayed-6400353[/QUOTE]

UGH!

First I was like........:bomb:

Then, I was like........:) but no longer :D

From that link you posted: "According to the PS Blog, it's still cross-buy as soon as it comes out on PS3; you just have to wait a while to actually play the Vita version."

Them and their delays, ugh! I guess I can wait. I'll play it in 3D until they release the Vita version.

Even though the Vita version is delayed till January 2013, I'm still gonna get it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...frontal-assault-coming-to-ps-vita-in-january/

"As a reward to fans for their patience, we will be giving them the first piece of DLC for the title, the Mini-Boss Skin Pack, as a bonus with their purchase of Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS3. This skin pack features three fan-favorite boss characters from past Ratchet & Clank games, including Chainblade from Going Commando and the Two-eyed Tyrhrranoid from Up Your Arsenal. Take a peek at these new skins in the screen below."

"If you are an immediate buyer, we understand that it hurts. Regardless the game was always going to be 19.99 on PS3 (before the Vita / Cross-buy thing even happened) so it’s still a good value at that price, and you do eventually get the Vita version.
Combine that with the competitive mode which you can play for a while and which we plan to support out to even during the Vita launch, and there will be content to check out still"

[quote name='PR Mega X']Too bad my $15 Groupon 'Welcome Gift' expired mere days ago :bomb:

Oh well, still picked one up.[/QUOTE]

15 dollar welcome gift? mine was only 10 :cry:. oh well. mine was goingbto expire today but i just bought this deal, now ive got 20 TRU dollars for free. hoping for a b2g1 free deal on some 3ds games

I just bought it but it still says processing.....was going to go and use it today. How long do theytake to show"

[quote name='Rod92905']I just bought it but it still says processing.....was going to go and use it today. How long do theytake to show"[/QUOTE]

Almost immediately. Mine showed up right away.

[quote name='Luxuria']So has anyone tried it on PSN cards yet? I know it's YMMV, but perhaps someone here has had luck in doing so?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can try it on anything until 5 p.m.

Limit 1 per person. In-store only. Not valid outside USA. Not valid until 11/23/12 at 5PM. Not valid toward Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards (including those for digital content), photo studios, phone orders, special orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, or shipping & handling. Not valid with any other "R"Us total transaction offer or on prior purchases. Void where prohibited. Valid only on a purchase of $20 or more. Refunds only for store credit in form of a Toys"R"Us Merchandise Return Gift Card. Coupon prorated among eligible items purchased.

So does this mean we can use it to buy something for 20 then return it back for a $20 gift card?

[quote name='navalg1337']Just got back from TRU. Groupon voucher didn't work on the psn card.[/QUOTE]

Did they deny you or did it flat out not work?

[quote name='navalg1337']Flat out didn't work and I did it just a little past 5pm.[/QUOTE]

did the coupon work w/ something else, like games?

[quote name='navalg1337']Just got back from TRU. Groupon voucher didn't work on the psn card.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, thanks for the update.

[quote name='navalg1337']Flat out didn't work and I did it just a little past 5pm.[/QUOTE]

Because of this I don't know what I am going to buy. I am still going to try on the psn card and once I get denied, I'll go for something else. Appreciate the info and quick response.

"Not valid toward Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards including those for digital content, photo studios, phone orders, special orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, or shipping & handling. Valid only on a purchase of $20 or more."

No breast pump rentals, either
/there goes my weekend plans

[quote name='tortamus']"Not valid toward Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards including those for digital content, photo studios, phone orders, special orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, or shipping & handling. Valid only on a purchase of $20 or more."

No breast pump rentals, either
/there goes my weekend plans[/QUOTE]

Damn, I guess that rules out Microsoft point cards and Amazon Kindle cards.
Anyone try it on Microsoft point cards and Amazon Kindle cards?
Thanks

So I will buy 8 of the gift cards... then I buy misc. merchendise totaling just over $20. I later return all the merchandise I bought with the gift cards.....I get about $160 in TRU gift cards back.....and with that (and a little bit of cash) I get my kids the Wii Sylander bundle. So I'll only have slightly over $80 in it. My kids are really wanting that exclusive Gnarly Tree Rex.:lol:

So these are coupons then? I was tempted to buy one, have my girlfriend buy one, and then use them both on a vita card.

[quote name='THKJamesMaxx']Does anyone know if you can combine multiple Groupon vouchers on one purchase?[/QUOTE]

It does not. Had someone come in when I was working try to no avail.

[quote name='Rod92905']So I will buy 8 of the gift cards... then I buy misc. merchendise totaling just over $20. I later return all the merchandise I bought with the gift cards.....I get about $160 in TRU gift cards back.....and with that (and a little bit of cash) I get my kids the Wii Sylander bundle. So I'll only have slightly over $80 in it. My kids are really wanting that exclusive Gnarly Tree Rex.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I am not really sure what you're trying to do but the groupon excludes gift cards.

I bought and downloaded one. They didn't have any more Holiday PS3 bundles (three area stores OOS) so I got a Moga Bluetooth controller for Android Phones. I may keep it, I may not, we'll see. The coupon dropped it down from $59.99 to $29.99. There was another instant $10.00 off as well, so final price with tax was $31 and change.

So I got one right away with my main account but my 2 "dummy" accounts never showed up. The credit cards (i used a different one for each) has a pending charge but no groupon yet. They must have figured out how to cut this type of stuff out.

[quote name='dj4monie']I bought and downloaded one. They didn't have any more Holiday PS3 bundles (three area stores OOS) so I got a Moga Bluetooth controller for Android Phones. I may keep it, I may not, we'll see. The coupon dropped it down from $59.99 to $29.99. There was another instant $10.00 off as well, so final price with tax was $31 and change.[/QUOTE]
Nah more like it dropped it down to $39.99, don't forget the coupon costs $10 ;)

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I got one right away with my main account but my 2 "dummy" accounts never showed up. The credit cards (i used a different one for each) has a pending charge but no groupon yet. They must have figured out how to cut this type of stuff out.[/QUOTE]

Did you clear your cache before each purchase?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Did you clear your cache before each purchase?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Maybe they were able to track that then. As long as they do not cancel the original one.

I work at TRU. Started to see a lot of these last night. Some one tried buying iTunes cards, but the register said "no match." Just wanted to confirm that the digital 'gift cards' wouldn't work. But it did work with sale prices on video games.

Thanks for the deal. Signed up just for this. Anyone else use BBRZ online mall for groupon? It's only 1 point per dollar spent, but it's still points.

bread's done
Back