Groupon - Spend $10 Get $20 Toys R Us - IN STORE ONLY.

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
Got the link from Fabu Frugal(random city): http://www.groupon.com/deals/toys-r-us-november-pittsburgh?/

I think you should be able to order, even if you don't see it in your town.

The Fine Print

• Expires Dec 24, 2012
  • Limit 1 per person. In-store only. Not valid outside USA. Not valid until 11/23/12 at 5PM. Not valid toward Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards including those for digital content, photo studios, phone orders, special orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, or shipping & handling. Valid only on a purchase of $20 or more. Not withstanding anything above or below, vouchers not valid with Toys"R"Us after 12/24/12. Thereafter, Groupon will refund amount paid in Groupon credit for unredeemed vouchers. See full terms and conditions.
ETA:

For anyone who's interested, this would make Ratchet & Clank:Full Frontal Assault a $10+tax Day 1 purchase. I'm going to buy the disc version and it comes with the Vita download.

Edit 2:'Find something under $1.00 to get you to the $20 or more MINIMUM purchase.(MSRP is $19.99). Thanks United_Korea for pointing that out!'

Vita version of R&C:FFA delayed till January 2013. Thanks boogie4114!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...frontal-assault-coming-to-ps-vita-in-january/

"As a reward to fans for their patience, we will be giving them the first piece of DLC for the title, the Mini-Boss Skin Pack, as a bonus with their purchase of Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS3. This skin pack features three fan-favorite boss characters from past Ratchet & Clank games, including Chainblade from Going Commando and the Two-eyed Tyrhrranoid from Up Your Arsenal. Take a peek at these new skins in the screen below."

"If you are an immediate buyer, we understand that it hurts. Regardless the game was always going to be 19.99 on PS3 (before the Vita / Cross-buy thing even happened) so it’s still a good value at that price, and you do eventually get the Vita version.
Combine that with the competitive mode which you can play for a while and which we plan to support out to even during the Vita launch, and there will be content to check out still"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...127-for-19-99/

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=331645

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']I just got an email from groupon for my town. It appears they are doing the $20 for $10 here too. I tried purchasing one on the same acct using the same card and it let me.

Here is a link:
http://www.groupon.com/deals/toys-r-us-november-ocala[/QUOTE]

Did you actually see the second gc come through? I made the purchase awhile ago and I still only see the first card I purchased the night prior, and I don't see a pending charge anywhere on my card. Weird...

[quote name='Squarehard']Did you actually see the second gc come through? I made the purchase awhile ago and I still only see the first card I purchased the night prior, and I don't see a pending charge anywhere on my card. Weird...[/QUOTE]

Same here, very interesting. All I know is when I placed it the website said "the paint is still drying" or some nonsense and it can take up to 24 hours to get it.

When I got mine on Thursday it showed up immediately. I received the email about it being in my area now and it apparently let me order another one but no signs of that one going through.

Used the first one today for Hello Kitty Guitar for my daughter. Ended up paying $15 total (Paid $10 for the coupon and $5 at the store). Great deal! Thanks! Fingers crossed my local order goes through, still got some shoppin to do!

Used mine on 10 Lego minifigures today (6 series 7 packs and 4 series 8 packs). They werw Buy 1 get 1 50% so after groupon I got them all for $14.13. $1.41/figure is a good price for these and my nephew loves opening them up. It is like baseball card collecting for Legos.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I just got an email from groupon for my town. It appears they are doing the $20 for $10 here too. I tried purchasing one on the same acct using the same card and it let me.

Here is a link:
http://www.groupon.com/deals/toys-r-us-november-ocala[/QUOTE]

Got it, instantly! Thanks!:)

Same Email. Different card. First try. I decided not to use my first Groupon for my self.

I was gonna say since Target has Epic Mickey 2, Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition, and Madden 13 for $49.99 and Scribblenauts Unlimited for $39.99 all for the Wii U this week you could price match the Target ad at Toysrus and use the groupon and get Mickey, Batman, and Madden for essentially $40 and Scribblenauts for $30.

I'll probably going to do this with Batman.

[quote name='MyPaper']How does refund works if you return something?[/QUOTE]
You probably have to bring it up with groupon as TRU treats it like a coupon.

[quote name='MyPaper']How does refund works if you return something?[/QUOTE]

I think you only get your $10 back and the groupon is not reactivated.

So I did a refund.

I bought a controller ($15) and some other stuff for someone that added to $6. Returned the controller (opened) and got a $15 gift card back.
They had to check the policy because the controller was open but ultimately I got a gift card back for $15 and no questions asked about the voucher.

I'm guessing you could buy stuff worth $20 and return it to get $20 GC's and stack that way, but idk. I think you have to tell them you want your refund as a GC/store-credit.

tried it on a 3ds points card (they didnt have any of the wii u shop ones) and it was a no go.

i guess ill either let the groupon expire and use the groupon credit on another deal or get some 3ds game. maybe layton. i wish my toysrus had a better selection of stuff

Are we even sure TRU will stock Ratchet: Full Frontal Assault? Their website doesn't even have it in their catalog...

[quote name='Kitoro']Are we even sure TRU will stock Ratchet: Full Frontal Assault? Their website doesn't even have it in their catalog...[/QUOTE]

The website doesn't show all the items the stores may carry. At least for me, my store carries many more games than the site shows. I remember not being able to find Diablo 3 on the site (searching Diablo 3 took me to a Puss in Boots game... wtf?). TRU has an awful site.

Anyone have problems getting this to work with vita games? I picked up Lumines today but the groupon would not work. they eventually just did an overide and marked it down after reading the terms and deciding that it should work on games

[quote name='Gertle627']I work at TRU. Started to see a lot of these last night. Some one tried buying iTunes cards, but the register said "no match." Just wanted to confirm that the digital 'gift cards' wouldn't work. But it did work with sale prices on video games.[/QUOTE]

Since you work at TRU I have a question..I am going to be purchasing Epic Mickey 2 Wii U since its one of the games that is required in order to get the 50 percent off any additional game..at TRU Epic Mickey is 59.99..at target its 49.99..I was wondering, if I bring the Ad from Target into the store can I get the game for 49.99 plus get the additional game for 50 percent off or can I not combine the savings?

I didn't find the new Ratchet at my TRU. I just went with two copies of Dark Souls and Rayman Origins. No vanilla Red Dead or Uncharted 3 either.

Hmmm... I'm gonna go check, anyway. I'll try to wait as long as I can before using it on something else. I, mostly, want R&C on my Vita. So, if I don't see it, I'll hold out a bit more.

If anybody is still looking for these, I've got two extra vouchers that I'm not going to end up using.

PM if you'd like to buy one (or both).

And they're gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
It said no prepaid cards with the Goupon. Almost didn't buy anything.

Ended up finding a price mistake on a Black Ops 2 Turtle Beach Headset, got it for $10 out the door. MSRP was $79, tag was clearly labeled with it as $29. They took the tag down after.

Worked out in the end.

Got :ps3: Deus Ex (14.98) and :ps3: Family Game Night 3 (9.98) with the B1G50% and had to add a $1 Hot Wheels car to go over the $20 mark. Not bad for about $10. Still waiting on a copy of Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal to show up in store before my other voucher expires.

[quote name='XF Gator']It said no prepaid cards with the Goupon. Almost didn't buy anything.

Ended up finding a price mistake on a Black Ops 2 Turtle Beach Headset, got it for $10 out the door. MSRP was $79, tag was clearly labeled with it as $29. They took the tag down after.

Worked out in the end.[/QUOTE]
Haha you're super lucky! I hope that guy or gal that puts up that sign doesn't get in trouble.

I didn't see R&C FFA either. Sorry for suggesting that, ya'll:cry:.

Not sure what I'm going to do with this thing if they don't get it by the time this Groupon expires. Maybe I'll find a Vita game deal or let it expire and get my $10 back.

Hi guys/gals, a quick question... Does anyone know what happens to the Groupon coupon if you return the items? Do you get it back or lose it? Thanks!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I didn't see R&C FFA either. Sorry for suggesting that, ya'll:cry:.

Not sure what I'm going to do with this thing if they don't get it by the time this Groupon expires. Maybe I'll find a Vita game deal or let it expire and get my $10 back.[/QUOTE]

I'll buy it off of you now if you're having second thoughts.

[quote name='Serpentor']Hi guys/gals, a quick question... Does anyone know what happens to the Groupon coupon if you return the items? Do you get it back or lose it? Thanks![/QUOTE]

people have mentioned that they got a TRU gc back from returns

Picked up Zombi U, Sonic Transformed, and two Pro Controllers with the groupon and B1G150%. Didn't think the pro controllers were going to go down soon and Sonic was only $40 and has great reviews.

That's pretty funny Homie because I'm planning to return the Wii U Pro controllers (two black ones to match the Wii U, I used the $20 Groupon on them). I might have a hard time since I opened one of them...

TRU's BOGO 50% is a great deal for the widely sought Pro controllers (Newegg haven't ship them yet according to some CAGs). However, they don't work on Mario U. They do work on Sonic Transformed though, even though the back of the game case didn't list them as compatible controllers.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Picked up Zombi U, Sonic Transformed, and two Pro Controllers with the groupon and B1G150%. Didn't think the pro controllers were going to go down soon and Sonic was only $40 and has great reviews.[/QUOTE]

it's a great game, i just need to find another game to pair it with since im already using my groupon on farcry 3 + halo

Picked this up for the nephew with the coupon,

photolyb.jpg

Came out to $2.50, and add on the $10 I spent on the coupon, so all in all $12.50. Definitely helps cut down on cost for gift shopping. ^_^

I grabbed Paper Mario Sticker Star and Sonic Transformed (Wii U) with the Groupon and B1G1 50%. Roughly $50 out of pocket for $80 in games. Win.

bread's done
Back