GS/EB Buy 2 Save 10% B-4 S20% B-6 S30% - Major YMMV?

iamryanstover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (93%)
---------------
Update 7/10 - Spoke with a manager at another store and he informed me this is Michigan, northern Ohio, and northern Indiana only. Sorry guys.
---------------

100% Confirmed Starting Friday 7/10

Game Stop/ EB Games
Buy 2 Save 10%
Buy 4 Save 20%
Buy 6 Save 30%

As always stacks with Edge for further 10%
Found near Michigan State University. The manager also said he expects GS to have more big deals in the near future as his regional said this was their worst quarter he had ever seen. Also the manager had not heard anything about the Buy 2 Get 1 weekend 7/16-7/19

All USED games are included
NO new games

I saw the flyer but the manager would not let me take one with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those locations near Universities tend to have crazy deals/offers. Either way, that's a pretty nice deal. Saves the hassle of finding games at the same price.

Interesting deal. Unless you buy six games, it isn't any better than the B2G1 if you are going for say, two sets of three games with the same price since at $54.99 getting one free and using Edge makes each game cost about $33 and it is the same with 30% + 10% off.

It would be great if you want a bunch of games at different price points though.

I think...

Hoping it'd be the same as the trade-in deal, where its 6/40%, but this is still decent. I think I'll grab Lego Batman and Mirrors Edge. Not sure what else though. Maybe I'll get Bigs 2 if their website gets it back in-stock. Anyone have any recommendations for four other games that are in the $24.99-$49.99 price range?

Also, will there be a coupon code so we can do this online?

If you're not getting equal-valued games, this is a good promotion. If you are, you're losing money compared to b2g1.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']If you're not getting equal-valued games, this is a good promotion. If you are, you're losing money compared to b2g1.[/QUOTE]

How are you losing money? Both this (for 6 games) and B2G1 + edge work out to a 40% discount.

If all 3 games are the same price you save 3.33% with B2G1, and only have to buy 3 games. This sounds YMMV but it might not be.

this is an awesome deal if you (like me) can never find 3 games you want that are the same price at the b2g1. i'm stoked!

Damn. I just bought two used games from different stores this week. Any chances of me being able to return both games to one, as I'm in the seven days, and then rebuy them to get the deal?

Edit: NVM. I got 30% of one game due to the Wii coupon. Just remembered. I'm all set. :)

Strange deal, only because they always do this for TIV, might confuse people running the same promotion backwards.

[quote name='freshzen']If all 3 games are the same price you save 3.33% with B2G1, and only have to buy 3 games. This sounds YMMV but it might not be.[/QUOTE]

With B2G1 and 3 games of the same price, you save 40% on each game. This deal is pretty damn cool if you ask me. Any idea if it's just a YMMV deal or if it's a deal GS is going to be running for a while?

That's SO AWESOME! When someone said this might happen for buying I was hoping it would(though 50% with edge would've been sick too =P) because I do want a lot of games but hardly any are the exact same price. Just getting like a 35, 30 and 25 dollar game, this beats the b2g1.

So confirmed to be real AND national...or?

This is better than B2G1F, it provides the same discount if you buy 6 games and you don't need to find similar priced games. Plus if you can't find 6 games you want you can just get a few $1-$2 sport games (as low as 60 cents after discount).

30% + 10% edge card = 40%

compared to B2G1F

33.33% + 6.66% (10% off 2/3 games) = 40%

Aha good point. I was factoring in the 10% on all 3 games as well, as I'm sure most people were.

Wow. So much wow. My GS better be freaking stocked, I hope it is. Aw if it starts friday I work in the morning, have to hit it that night then.

Wow, yeah, as PenguinMaster points out, you can just use crappy, old sports titles to reach the 6 required games if you're a couple short. I know that every GS around me has a ton of old Maddens and such in the PS2 bins.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, yeah, as PenguinMaster points out, you can just use crappy, old sports titles to reach the 6 required games if you're a couple short. I know that every GS around me has a ton of old Maddens and such in the PS2 bins.[/QUOTE]

And if you get them for a current system, couldn't you use them later for a 3/10$ extra deal? That's a common deal right?

Actually correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you would almost make money doing that...Let's say you got madden 06 on 360 and 07 on ps3/360, which would cost you 13 before 40% off, then you trade them in for 10$ + like another 1-2$ for the games themselves? You might make a dollar or two on cheap titles and break even if you spent a couple more bucks.

Might be good for people into trophies/achievements on these games without just doing the return before 7 days on used games, I guess. I don't know, just something I thought about heh.

Luckily I've already got even more than 6 games I'm looking for so I won't need to get any filler titles.

So it's confirmed starting at the one near MSU. Anyone know if this is a national, regional, or simply local thing?

[quote name='Vortextk']And if you get them for a current system, couldn't you use them later for a 3/10$ extra deal? That's a common deal right?

Actually correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you would almost make money doing that...Let's say you got madden 06 on 360 and 07 on ps3/360, which would cost you 13 before 40% off, then you trade them in for 10$ + like another 1-2$ for the games themselves? You might make a dollar or two on cheap titles and break even if you spent a couple more bucks.

Might be good for people into trophies/achievements on these games without just doing the return before 7 days on used games, I guess. I don't know, just something I thought about heh.

Luckily I've already got even more than 6 games I'm looking for so I won't need to get any filler titles.[/QUOTE]

Games with a trade in value of less than $1 (which would be all old sports games) are not eligible for the trade 3 get an extra $10 promotion.

Ah, was wondering about that. I had to track down how the deal even worked(only for current gen games, for the january one I saw) because I've never used it.

Then yeah grabbing a few 1$~ games would be best. Buying 3 games at multiple prices with 3 fillers at 6$ is still probably better than a regular b2g1 on the first 3. Simple logic but I still wouldn't have thought of it =P

I'm really hoping this isn't just a regional or store specific deal. I'm quite excited about this, if it's available everywhere. I always have a tough time matching things up for a B2G1, and it usually involves me doing a lot of return/rebuying at different stores. This definitely makes things easier. I'm guessing this would work on accessories, too?

Ill have to go see what I can find and buy the remainder of the six games as old madden and ncaa games.

I think I have my list setup:

Mirrors Edge
Tigers Woods 10
The Bigs 2
Lego Batman
The Force Unleashed
The Godfather 2

Total comes out to around $117. Not too shabby. I just have to hope that my store gets a used copy of Bigs 2, or it atleast goes back up online.

awesome, cheap filler games to reach 6 could then be used for the current trade promo that requires 6 games to get the $40% bump.

So, do we have any confirmation that this is nationwide? At the moment is sounds like it might just be at one or two stores.

Looks like someone near MSU might be doing shopping for everyone here. =)

This is actually a good deal. Yeah you have to buy 6 but if you look at the majority of shoppers, they only buy 1. They're hoping to sell more with this. I'm excited because now I don't have to find 3 like-price games. Just wished they'd bring back CellFire.... automatically 20% off or 20% more TIV.

[quote name='CaoPi']why can't it be buy 3 get 15% or by 5 get 25% off? greedy GS[/QUOTE]

Just add a $.99 sports game.

I hope this is national as well. If so I am bringing my unopened Guitar Hero World Tour and buying TONS of games, I have almost $400 dollars store credit.

Unfortunately I have a feeling it is not national.

If this turns out to be national, can I suggest a gibberish-to-english translation for the thread title:

Gamestop Used Game Sale: Buy 2/4/6 games save 10/20/30%

Thanks OP, but your abbreviations took a while to decipher.

Cool GS has a lot of games that are only $1. One ex:

2 games $26.99 (53.98)
4 games $1 ($4)
= $57.98*.6= $34.79
like paying $17.4 for each expensive game.

that said, I highly doubt this is national since B2G1 is coming next week.

Originally posted by J7.
Cool GS has a lot of games that are only $1. One ex:

2 games $26.99 (53.98)
4 games $1 ($4)
= $57.98*.6= $34.79
like paying $17.4 for each expensive game.

that said, I highly doubt this is national since B2G1 is coming next week.

Math is a bit off here. Actually is

2 games $26.99 (53.98)
4 games $4.00 (4.00)
= $57.98*.3= $40.59 OR $20.29 each.

this thread is gonna provide CAGers with an extreme case of

joey_blueballs.jpg

because it is most likely just a local sale.

(PIC is not someone I know or me)

[quote name='au7oma7ic']this thread is gonna provide CAGers with an extreme case of

because it is most likely just a local sale.

(PIC is not someone I know or me)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it makes me want to cry. I was totally ready to snatch up some games. I guess I'll just use the B2G1.

:cry:

Spoke to two managers in OH and asked them if they are aware of anything going on tomorrow. They both said they didn't hear about this sale.

[quote name='xverion']Math is a bit off here. Actually is

2 games $26.99 (53.98)
4 games $4.00 (4.00)
= $57.98*.3= $40.59 OR $20.29 each.[/QUOTE]
My math was correct.

$57.98*.3 is not $40.59.

You get 40% off with Edge so you take $57.98 and pay 60% of that, as I had the *.6, which gives you $34.79, which is each expensive game for $17.4, and the 4 $1 games basically for free.

Or $34.79-4.00= $30.79/2=$15.4 for each expensive game and $1 for the 4.

You know what would be nice? If the OP did some homework and actually asked the store manager if it was only going on in that store.

Ah, GS is gonna clear a bunch of their 2003 sports titles. Doubt it'll be happening at my local GS though, seems very regional

Anyone find out if this is a regional or national sale yet? Keeping my fingers crossed but highly doubtful.

Just talked to asm of florida city, fl store and he had no knowledge of this. im thinking possible regional sale or maybe its something that only activates once they f12 your transaction.
just my 2 cents. but it all honesty the 20% coupon for 360 is more appealing to me for this week and waiting for the b2g1 next week just so i dont have to buy more useless "filler" crap to make the percantages work in my favor.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']This is better than B2G1F, it provides the same discount if you buy 6 games and you don't need to find similar priced games. Plus if you can't find 6 games you want you can just get a few $1-$2 sport games (as low as 60 cents after discount).

30% + 10% edge card = 40%

compared to B2G1F

33.33% + 6.66% (10% off 2/3 games) = 40%[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Best option is to look for old sports games on Xbox for $0.99.

All original Xbox games are 25% off.
Then take 30% if you get 6 games (which should be easy)
Then take an extra 10% off with the Edge card.

So 65% off $0.99 is $0.35

Even if you buy 5 cheapy Xbox sports games to get the 30% off, you're only spending $1.75.

So now this allows you to get 40% off any used game. A $54.99 game is now $32.99 plus the $1.75 you might spend for the other fives games.

All around better deal then the B1G1.

BTW: Plus if you're looking for original Xbox titles, 65% off is a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back