GS/EB Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion $39.99!

It's about time. This game is worth $59.99 - now nobody has any excuse not to buy it. I got this about two months ago and keep coming back to it.

[quote name='sarausagi']Does it have a single player?

I'm just against online games for a reason.[/QUOTE]
All it is is single player. There is no online part to it except extra content downloads.

Whoa, whoa

So I got a 360

and stayed away from this game the whole time thinking it was an ONLINE RPG...

how long is it then? 40-50 hours? I don't play games obsessively so I'm saying just start to finish [end credits]

Dude Oblivion can be 20 to 150 hours long. It's pretty much an entire living, breathing world with multiple cities and dungeons and towns within a 16 square mile radius, all on that little DVD.

Between me and my wife 160+ hours was placed in this game.
It's a ridicuously good single player game in terms of length and replayability.
I will eventually download the Knights of the Nine content soon.

I bought the 360 long before I wanted to just because of this game.

This and Morrowind are my favorite games of all time!

Everyone should own this, whether you like RPGs or not. It can be mostly an action game if you dont like magic and stuff.

I might have to buy this again, I did everything in the game and had 120+ hours in it, and I want to do it again ! :)

Nice to see a price drop. I already have it on PC but will pick it up again when I get my 360 later this month. Wouldnt mind replaying it while sitting on the couch.

You know what's funny? What was once a trump of the PS3 launch lineup will now be too late and overpriced compared to the Xbox 360 version. Xbox 360 FTW.

I wish I'd waited. I bought the Collectors edition and haven't had the time to put into this game at all. i've played maybe 4 hours, not for lack of wanting, but because of school and work. Depressing I didn't wait.

Slightly off topic, but I'm really tempted to bite at this price, and I need some advice.

I've been plugging away at WoW for a few months, and I enjoy it quite a bit. Is it worth getting Oblivion if I have what is, essentially, a different never-ending fantasy game? I'm not really interested in an anti-WoW rant; just "are the two games different enough to justify my purchase?"

My BB still has the 360 CE, would love to pick that up at $40.

My $25 collector's edition (PC) just came in today from Amazon. Getting ready to install it now. :)

Don't forget to pick up Knights of the Nine from Circuit City for $9.99 too!

[quote name='trq']Slightly off topic, but I'm really tempted to bite at this price, and I need some advice.

I've been plugging away at WoW for a few months, and I enjoy it quite a bit. Is it worth getting Oblivion if I have what is, essentially, a different never-ending fantasy game? I'm not really interested in an anti-WoW rant; just "are the two games different enough to justify my purchase?"[/quote]

They are different enough. Oblivion has some MMO qualities, but is different enough (for the better? depends on what you like) to justify a purchase (especially for $40!).

[quote name='2Fast']They are different enough. Oblivion has some MMO qualities, but is different enough (for the better? depends on what you like) to justify a purchase (especially for $40!).[/QUOTE]

I suppose that's a good point: I can always pick up Oblivion and play it to whatever degree I want, over however long I want, for $40. Unlike PC games, I can always trade it in if I don't dig it. Thanks for the input.

used is 34.99, and if you buy online you can get 25% off @ gamestop.com with code: 25USED

bringing it down to ~26 before shipping!

[quote name='swetooth9']i never really liked RPG's but people keep saying that it's reccomended even though you don't like RPG's...why is that?[/QUOTE]
If you love accomplishing tasks, this game is for you. It sounds funny, but it's true. I'm a huge completionist and this game is extremely taxing (because of things to do), but also extremely rewarding (awesome gameplay, story).

Anyway, just by this game now and stop asking questions. :)

this game will be $30 soon. MS just announced it in the next list of platinum hits.

awesome awesome game though. my fav 360 game by far.

[quote name='testikleez']this game will be $30 soon. MS just announced it in the next list of platinum hits.

awesome awesome game though. my fav 360 game by far.[/quote]
It's definitely an awesome game and I'd highly recommend it. I'm wondering if you could point me to where this list is?

I've also seen this at many COMPUSA's for only $34.98. Take a look at their inventory on the web and see if your location has one. I have at least 2 copies of Obilivion in my area.

Well as for a universal drop read this (from a GS email)
Price Drops on Elder Scrolls
This is an 'M' rated game.
The fate of Tamriel is in your hands. For a limited time, Elder Scrolls has dropped $20 for the Xbox 360 and $10 for the PC. Better hurry though, this offer is only valid December 5-17.

Still hoping for it to happen tho.

i put 120 hours into this game on the PC. i plan on playing thru it again on the 360. it's excellent. there's so much to see and do, it really does impress.

for those on the fence: if this doesn't seem like your type of game (it didn't for me), get it and prepare to take a few hours (4 or 5) just "getting into it". i almost gave up around the 5 hour mark, and decided to keep playing since it was such an interesting concept. the gameplay and story grew on me, and i found myself playing it almost literally at every free moment.

[quote name='allyourblood']i put 120 hours into this game on the PC. i plan on playing thru it again on the 360. it's excellent. there's so much to see and do, it really does impress.

for those on the fence: if this doesn't seem like your type of game (it didn't for me), get it and prepare to take a few hours (4 or 5) just "getting into it". i almost gave up around the 5 hour mark, and decided to keep playing since it was such an interesting concept. the gameplay and story grew on me, and i found myself playing it almost literally at every free moment.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, i put a ton of hours in on PC. Now that im finally getting a 360 im looking foward to playing ALL of it again. Plus, there is still tons i stuff i havent even done. Amazing game.

I got this during the B2G1 free sale at TRU a few weeks ago. So essentially I got it for this price too. $120 for 3 Xbox360 games or $40 each.

This is going to be in the 2nd platinum hits wave coming up early next year. So if you can wait until that happens, it will be 29.99.

I have to admit I haven't played it yet. I like RPG's but I didn't like Morrowind at all.

Is this like Morrowind? The part I hated most was that you had to read all that text all the time and I wasn't sure where I was supposed to go or what to do.

Does oblivion fix this? Is there more voice acting than in Morrowind?

Actually, there are some reasons to wait. If you can wait off until the inevetible expanded version comes out, you can probably get NoN and a couple other expansion packs along with it.

[quote name='billyknoxville']you can get 25% off @ gamestop.com with code: 25USED[/quote]

Doesn't work...

[quote name='billyknoxville']used is 34.99, and if you buy online you can get 25% off @ gamestop.com with code: 25USED

bringing it down to ~26 before shipping![/quote]

I just tried using that code and got an invalid error when I tried to activate it. :(

[quote name='vanhanz']I have to admit I haven't played it yet. I like RPG's but I didn't like Morrowind at all.

Is this like Morrowind? The part I hated most was that you had to read all that text all the time and I wasn't sure where I was supposed to go or what to do.

Does oblivion fix this? Is there more voice acting than in Morrowind?[/QUOTE]

Lots more voice acting this time around, and much, much easier to know where to go during quests.

I found Morrowind boring, but took a chance.

I've got 145 hours in, have completed the Fighters and Mage Guild quests, halfway through Dark Brotherhood and haven't even started the Theives Guild quests (there are some of the fairly major quests/storylines, along with the literal hundreds of quests and adventures you will be assigned in just talking with people).

I am still endlessly impressed with the depth of the game.

The loading screens can be annoying, that's about my only complaint.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Is this B&M?[/quote]
Call the store, as its possible that it might be YMMV.

bread's done
Back