GS/ EB Marketing 10/22 -> 11/11: Trade 2 PS3/360/Wii get $10 extended!

hysterisch

CAGiversary!
Just figure I'd post the two trade offers I remembered from the new Gamestop marketing that starts on Monday.

1) The trade 2 360/PS3/Wii games and get an extra $10 gets extended through Nov. 11. :D

The extra $20 for systems ends Sunday, 10/21! :cry:

2) Power trade: 20% extra for trades put towards Mario Party DS, Mario Galaxy or Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I'm too lazy to check the other offers (and I'll probably forget to check until Monday) so if any other GS employees want to post anything else of interest,....

Sweet, thanks. My new 360 pack-in games aren't gonna get here til next week :/ They are going straight GS, do not pass go, but do collect $10

[quote name='cranguy']Sweet, thanks. My new 360 pack-in games aren't gonna get here til next week :/ They are going straight GS, do not pass go, but do collect $10[/quote]

It's one disc and it only trades as one SKU so you will need another SKU traded in to get the bonus

[quote name='metaly']Extra $20 for old systems? How much is the regular trade-in on a slim PS2?[/quote]

$30+20

[quote name='microbim']It's one disc and it only trades as one SKU so you will need another SKU traded in to get the bonus[/QUOTE]

Uh no, it's two discs.

[quote name='twen']Uh no, it's two discs.[/quote]

mmm...well, as a person who's a manager in this company, i assure you that it's one disc and it trades as one SKU

[quote name='microbim']mmm...well, as a person who's a manager in this company, i assure you that it's one disc and it trades as one SKU[/quote] To be fair, if by "this company" you mean GameStop, then we've all kinda come to learn that most employees of GameStop don't seem to know what they're talking about. Especially managers.

Although SOME places opened up Xbox 360 cases and placed in two games.

[quote name='microbim']$30+20[/quote]

Which is what I fully expected to get for a fat PS2 (somebody had gotten that just a week before) when I took it Monday, but it "mysteriously" went down to $20 during this "deal," so I only got $20+$20 for it.

[quote name='Birakon']does the 20 + for systems count PSP slims?[/quote]

why wouldn't it? It's a system and yes, the trade in 2 for $10 should be stackable

[quote name='Tsukento']To be fair, if by "this company" you mean GameStop, then we've all kinda come to learn that most employees of GameStop don't seem to know what they're talking about. Especially managers.

Although SOME places opened up Xbox 360 cases and placed in two games.[/quote]

So an outsider will know about GameStop policies and promos than a GS Manager...

What planet are you living on?

[quote name='microbim']So an outsider will know about GameStop policies and promos than a GS Manager...

What planet are you living on?[/QUOTE]
There's already been pictures of the 2 separate discs in 1 case.

[quote name='pete5883']There's already been pictures of the 2 separate discs in 1 case.[/quote]

Those were a limited to one week before Microsoft actually shipped the seperate disc with both games to retailers (first week of October only).

Now, by the way, the disc comes included in one case inside the console box.

[quote name='microbim']So an outsider will know about GameStop policies and promos than a GS Manager...

What planet are you living on?[/quote]
Judging on the GameStop's history and stuff that's been reported here, yeah.

[quote name='microbim']Those were a limited to one week before Microsoft actually shipped the seperate disc with both games to retailers (first week of October only).

Now, by the way, the disc comes included in one case inside the console box.[/quote]

Umm, no. Maybe at GS/EB, but the 360 I *JUST* bought this week has the games on 2 separate discs. The discs themselves hae no indications of being pack-ins either.

I can provide pics if necessary.

I can't wait to dump these 2 discs :lol:

I don't know if this has been mentioned but they will only do $10 per transaction. I brought in 10 360 games and they were only going to give me $10, so I have gone back every day for the last 4 days to get my full $50. Once again GS doesn't miss any opportunity to be douchebags.

One would think that a single disk wouldn't be big enough to hold both Forza 2 and Marvel. Besides, there's been plenty of people trading/selling their pack-in games.

Who knows if you're even able to trade in the two free games. The Table Tennis that I got free with my 360 back in August was just in an envelope sleeve, not for resale, etc.

[quote name='variablesunknown']I don't know if this has been mentioned but they will only do $10 per transaction. I brought in 10 360 games and they were only going to give me $10, so I have gone back every day for the last 4 days to get my full $50. Once again GS doesn't miss any opportunity to be douchebags.[/quote]

They never miss a change at that!

TBW

[quote name='variablesunknown']I don't know if this has been mentioned but they will only do $10 per transaction. I brought in 10 360 games and they were only going to give me $10, so I have gone back every day for the last 4 days to get my full $50. Once again GS doesn't miss any opportunity to be douchebags.[/quote]

Are you serious? fuck that. I'll call them ahead of time and ask. If not, going multiple times FTW.

[quote name='DX_Psycho']does this stack with EDGE?[/quote]

It did when I did it yesterday.

Got:

Forza 2- $15 + 1.50(edge)

Fuzion Frenzy $7 + $.70

+ $10 bonus

= $34.20 in store credit

Strange thing is, it's not supposed to, but took another two to another Gamestop and still got the extra $10 when trading in for cash(got $25 for the same 2 games).

[quote name='manthing']Umm, no. Maybe at GS/EB, but the 360 I *JUST* bought this week has the games on 2 separate discs. The discs themselves hae no indications of being pack-ins either.

I can provide pics if necessary.

I can't wait to dump these 2 discs :lol:[/quote]
Sounds like another GS/EB manager may have missed a memo somewhere.... just my take on it though, as it seems many are reporting the opposite packaging format then what the manager has stated (as can be seen in the quote... people state it is on seperate disks, not lableled as a package) ::whistles and puts on flame suit::

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Who knows if you're even able to trade in the two free games. The Table Tennis that I got free with my 360 back in August was just in an envelope sleeve, not for resale, etc.[/quote]

You can trade a disc only with "Not for Resale" on it.

[quote name='tangytangerine']It did when I did it yesterday.

Got:

Forza 2- $15 + 1.50(edge)

Fuzion Frenzy $7 + $.70

+ $10 bonus

= $34.20 in store credit

Strange thing is, it's not supposed to, but took another two to another Gamestop and still got the extra $10 when trading in for cash(got $25 for the same 2 games).[/quote]

The policy is that you can only stack the Edge benefit when you trade for cash.
They did not press ALT-P for No Promos.

[quote name='microbim']You can trade a disc only with "Not for Resale" on it.[/quote]
Yeah, otherwise there wouldn't be any Devil May Cry, DMC2, or DMC3 from the Anniversary sets laying around.

[quote name='microbim']The policy is that you can only stack the Edge benefit when you trade for cash.
They did not press ALT-P for No Promos.[/quote]
Now you're full of it. There's been loads of promos before that've let you stack the Edge without trading in for cash.

[quote name='Tsukento']Yeah, otherwise there wouldn't be any Devil May Cry, DMC2, or DMC3 from the Anniversary sets laying around.

Now you're full of it. There's been loads of promos before that've let you stack the Edge without trading in for cash.[/quote]

Okay, I think you are to not understand, homs.
What I wrote is that you can not use any promos when trading for cash.

Whoever rang it up must be a total tool. The computers automatically do the promotions, so they are probably disabling it and manually adjusting the 2 games. I've done plenty of transactions in the past few weeks where it gives the extra $10 for every 2 traded in (unless the game(s) traded in for $1 or less and therefore wouldn't apply).

If you trade more in and they don't give you the full amount, go to tellgamestop.com or call the corporate office and file a complaint. That'll mess with their store ranking, which should mean the manager will properly train his/her employees (or self, in most cases) how to ring up these promotions to avoid it happening again. Then again, I think too highly of the other managers in the company sometimes...:roll:

[quote name='hysterisch']Whoever rang it up must be a total tool. The computers automatically do the promotions, so they are probably disabling it and manually adjusting the 2 games. I've done plenty of transactions in the past few weeks where it gives the extra $10 for every 2 traded in (unless the game(s) traded in for $1 or less and therefore wouldn't apply).

If you trade more in and they don't give you the full amount, go to tellgamestop.com or call the corporate office and file a complaint. That'll mess with their store ranking, which should mean the manager will properly train his/her employees (or self, in most cases) how to ring up these promotions to avoid it happening again. Then again, I think too highly of the other managers in the company sometimes...:roll:[/quote]

In case you haven't noticed, the company dosen't care about rankings anymore. The districts don't have any rankings anymore either.

I really like how Microbim has to put the Gamestop logo in every post. It's probably a good thing-- I was really doubting his creditentials as a Gamestop manager until I saw he diligently identified and advertised himself as a Gamestop manager.

[quote name='microbim']Okay, I think you are to not understand, homs.[/QUOTE]

what the fuck? stop raping english please.

[quote name='microbim']In case you haven't noticed, the company dosen't care about rankings anymore. The districts don't have any rankings anymore either.[/quote]

They do care about the customer service ranking though.

traded in

Superman-10.50
WarTech-12.50 (bought for 9.99 hated game, but made a few $)
+ 10% = 23.50

bought-

PS3
Dark Kindgom (great game) - 17.99
NBA2k7 - 7.50

[quote name='microbim']Okay, I think you are to not understand, homs.
What I wrote is that you can not use any promos when trading for cash.[/quote]
No, what YOU wrote was the following:

The policy is that you can only stack the Edge benefit when you trade for cash.

This means that you were saying that it's corporate policy to only stack the Edge card when you trade in for cash. What didn't understand is your butchering of the English language.

For someone who's supposed to be a professional, you really are proving why GameStop managers aren't exactly respected.

Just went to my local Gamestop and they guy said the promo (Etra $10 for 2 trades) ended Sunday. I mentioned I heard it was extended through 11/11 and he said no. tried to ring them up and no promo popped up.

Is this a corporate deal?

[quote name='DX']Just went to my local Gamestop and they guy said the promo (Etra $10 for 2 trades) ended Sunday. I mentioned I heard it was extended through 11/11 and he said no. tried to ring them up and no promo popped up.

Is this a corporate deal?[/QUOTE]

Something's screwed up in their computer most likely because in the newsletter GS just sent out today they advertise it ending on Nov 11th.

[quote name='thericochet']Something's screwed up in their computer most likely because in the newsletter GS just sent out today they advertise it ending on Nov 11th.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after I posted I hit EBgames.com and saw it there as well. Called the guy at the store, he apologized and said to come back down and he would try to make it work.lol

"Try"....I told him I live like 12 miles away and he cant even gurantee it will work? He finally said come back and he wil "make" it work.

Jeez....

[quote name='DX']Yeah, after I posted I hit EBgames.com and saw it there as well. Called the guy at the store, he apologized and said to come back down and he would try to make it work.lol

"Try"....I told him I live like 12 miles away and he cant even gurantee it will work? He finally said come back and he wil "make" it work.

Jeez....[/quote]

if you want to nail him, you can complain to the dm that they didnt put up their proper marketing signage and someone will catch hell for it

[quote name='Magic24']do they take the burger king games ?? so if i like trade in 2 burgerkings games ill get that 10$ with it ??[/quote]
ninja you crazy

[quote name='Magic24']do they take the burger king games ?? so if i like trade in 2 burgerkings games ill get that 10$ with it ??[/QUOTE]
YES!!! bring all your BK games ^__^;

bread's done
Back