GS/EB: Memorial Day Sale: Online Now! 5/26-6/17 Complete Ad Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony 1337

CAG Veteran
CheapyD Edit:
Below are links to the complete ad. Sale starts Friday evening online and Saturday in stores. Check out those $5 UMDs!
Entire Ad

Online Offers:
Xbox 360 - Xbox
PS3 - PS2 - PSP - UMD
DS - GBA - GameCube
PC
Accessories
Trade-in offers

Here is a list of games that will be marked down in an upcoming Gamestop/EB Games sale.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3060/sale1zk0.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8705/sale2nk8.jpg

Enjoy.

[quote name='reibeatall']Look at the first 2 digits of the SKUs.

16 = GBA
18 = DS
19 = PSP
20 = XB360
21 = Xbox
22 = GameCube
27 = PS3
28 = PS2
64 = PC
80 = Accessories.
[/quote]
Alpha list, thanks to CocheseUGA:
In Alpha order:

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children 25%

Game Boy Advance
Cars 25%
Castlevania Double Pack 50%
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced 50%
Crash: Huge Adventure 64mb 3k EEPROm 25%
Crash/Spyro Superpack Purple + Orange 25%
Crash Superpack – Crash 2 + CNK 25%
Naruto II: Ninja Council 25%
Open Season 33%
Shrek 2/ Madagascar Bundle 25%
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis 25%
Teen Titans 33%

Nintendo DS
Age of Empires 25%
Brain Boost Beta 25%
Brain Boost Gamma 25%
Cars 25%
Crash Boom Bang 25%
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 25%
Flushed Away 25%
Open Season 25%
Phoenix Wright 33%
Sonic Rush 25%
Superman 25%
Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll 25%

Sony PSP
Activision Hits Remixed 25%
Armored Core: Formula Front 50%
Bust-a-Move Deluxe 60%
Cars 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 25%
Open Season 25%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 50%
PoPoLoCrois 50%
Sega Genesis Collection 25%
Sonic Rivals 25%
Worms: Open Warfare 25%

Xbox 360
Chromehounds 25%
Condemmed 33%
Fear 33%
Quake 4 50%

Xbox
25 to Life 25%
Bards Tale: Song of the Bard 50%
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat 50%
Capcom Classics Collection 25%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Counter Strike (PH) (BC) 50%
Crime Life: Gang Wars 50%
Destroy All Humans 50%
FIFA 07 50%
Fight Night Round 2 50%
Flatout (BC) 50%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harry Potter Goblet of Fire (BC) 50%
Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer 50%
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 50%
Jaws Unleashed 25%
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 33%
Medal of Honor: European Assault (BC) 50%
NASCAR 2006: Total Team Control 60%
NASCAR 07 50%
NFS: Carbon 33%
Open Season 25%
Real World Golf 50%
Scarface 33%
Shattered Union 50%
Shrek 2/ Shark Tale Combo 25%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Soul Calibur II (PH) 50%
Spongebob: Lights, Camera, Pants! 50%
SSX 3 (PH) (BC) 33%
Superman (Returns?) 25%
Tiger Woods 07 50%
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush (PH) (BC) 33%

Gamecube
Cars 25%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Flushed Away 25%
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life 50%
Legend of Spyro 33%
Naruto Clash of Ninja 50%
NFS: Most Wanted 33%
Open Season 25%
Sims 2: Pets 33%
Sonic Adventure DX: Director’s Cut 50%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Sonic Riders 50%

Playstation 3
Genji: Days of the Blade 25%
Full Auto 2 25%
NBA 07 25%
Playstation 2
24: The Game 50%
25 to Life 25%
Armored Core: Last Raven 50%
Blitz: the League 50%
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 50%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Champions: Return to Arms 50%
Crash Nitro Kart (GH) 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Crash Twinsanity 25%
Crash WOC 25%
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down 25%
Dragon Quest VIII 25%
Dynasty Warriors 5 50%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Family Feud 25%
Final Fantasy XII CE 25%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life SE 50%
History Channel Civil War 33%
Indigo Prophecy 50%
KOF 2006 50%
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude 25%
Need for Speed - ??? 50%
Masashi: Samauri Legend 50%
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks 50%
MX Unleashed 50%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 25%
Real World Golf 50%
RPG Maker III 50%
Rumble Roses 50%
Scarface 33%
Shadow the Hedgehog 50%
Sims 50%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Sonic Riders 50%
Sopranos 50%
Spider-Man 2 50%
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom 50%
Spyro: A Hero’s Tail 25%
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly 25%
SSX Tricky 50%

PC
Condemmed 50%
Diablo II 50%
Diablo II Expansion 50%
Guild Wars Online: Nightfall 50%
King’s Quest Compliation 50%
Magic the Gathering: Battle Grounds (Permanent Markdown)
Medieval 2: Total War 25%
Movies, The 25%
Rise of Nations 75%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Space Quest Compliation 50%
StarCraft 50%
WarCraft III Expansion 50%

Accessories
DS/GBA Universal Mini Pak 50%
DS Lite Play Pak 33%
DS Pro Tec Kit 50%
PS2 NBA Controllers 50%
PS2 Wireless 2pack 50%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS3 Component Cable 33%
PSP MS 2GB 50%
PSP Pro Tec Kit 50%
PSP Theatre Experience 50%
XB360 Charge Kit 50%
XB360 Component Cable 33%
XB360 Cooler 50%
XB360 DriveFX Logitech Wheel 33%
XB360 Inteligent Remote 50%
XB360 Multi-Hub 50%
Wii Component Cable 33%
Wii Fan Stand 50%
Wii Memory SD 2GB 50%
Wii Sports Pack 50%

Luckily I managed to get the last copy of Starcraft after stopping at 3 different GS. Then I also picked up KOF 2006, Samurai Legend Musashi, and Diabo II LOD. Man did I show real restraint...considering how many more I want.

[quote name='asianxcore']has anyone seen KOF 2006 at their EB/Gamestop?

just curious to around how many copies each store is getting before I head out.[/quote]
I got to my gamestop about 10 minutes after they opened and they had about 6 copies of kof06

Managed to score kof06 and bards tale. Too bad bard's isnt bc yet though :(
Gonna have to dig up my big black paperweight to play it.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Also going to strongly recommend Indigo Prophecy for those who don't have it. [/quote] Agreed. Definitely a great game. Although I played the PC version, not sure how the console version compares. And I played the Euro version, called Fahrenheit. Main differences were some scenes that were deemed too risque for us Americans and were removed from the US version. Not sure the additional scenes added much to the game other than a slightly awkward feeling afterwards. If you've played the Euro version, you know what I'm talking about... ;)

So the Castlevania 2-pack is still available online. Supposed to ship in 24h and it's been about 17h since I placed the order...checked my order online and it hasn't shipped yet. Anyone ever had any problems ordering from EB/GS and having their orders cancelled even though the website says the item you ordered is available and has been available for order long after you did so? I'm just paranoid I guess...I have a strong distrust of EB/GS...

[quote name='Roufuss']Just use the store locator. Every single store near me has 4+, all 30 of them in a 50 mile radius.[/quote] I would make sure to call the store to verify the item(s) is in fact in stock before driving out there. In my experience, the GS/EB online in-store inventory checker rarely reflects actual in-store inventory. I've wasted way too much gas relying on that thing...

[quote name='stoned99']Picked up 2 copies of Eragon 360 16 each a usb card reader / hub 10$ and SpiderMan new cartoon umd 5$. Interesting note about Eragon is they had the box marked as 60% off, but it range up as 50% off. I had them manually fix it, but the story was that the manufacturer dropped the price after the % off list went out and the sale price was actually only supposed to be 20$. I then traded Eragon into FYE for 26$ + an extra 10% because of my backstage pass card. So any easy quick 10$ profit. The second copy is going to the wherehouse (same trade in value), between this and the recent 10$ Tony hawk 8 I've built up a nice little nest egg ready for the next 25% off used sale they have :)[/quote]Eh? I just went to pick up a copy of eragon 360 for 19.99. How could it be oly $16??
Wierd

[quote name='eugaet']
So the Castlevania 2-pack is still available online. Supposed to ship in 24h and it's been about 17h since I placed the order...checked my order online and it hasn't shipped yet. Anyone ever had any problems ordering from EB/GS and having their orders cancelled even though the website says the item you ordered is available and has been available for order long after you did so? I'm just paranoid I guess...I have a strong distrust of EB/GS...
[/QUOTE]

They don't ship on the weekends, and you probably ordered it too late on Friday for them to send it out that day.

Tuesday is the earliest it will ship.

[quote name='Roufuss']They don't ship on the weekends, and you probably ordered it too late on Friday for them to send it out that day. Tuesday is the earliest it will ship.[/quote]
Hmmm. That doesn't sound like good odds that I will get my game then. First time ordering from EB/GS online...do I have anything to worry about?

[quote name='Halo05']Well, after scanning the 5 most recent pages I see that no one else had the same experience as I did. I took in my Gameboy Advance SP for the 20 dollar extra credit and got shot down. The ad is misleading but within the company hand-out it specifies that the only portable systems they give the bonus money on is the DS and PSP.

Still scored some good deals, I just thought I'd be getting fortyish bucks to help cover the costs, oh well. If anyone wants to buy a complete, black GBA SP, for 30 bucks plus shipping, drop me a line.[/quote]

Go Back with the receipt/games and SP (and perhaps the one page pf the ad with the trade-in verbage) ... get the order rerang with the proper trade-in, I confirmed the SP IS included with a manager yesterday...

I don't think anyone had the same luck as I did. When I went to the register, the cashier was playing with placing labels on used Pokemon Diamond. I didn't pay him much attention, so I paid and left. When I got home I noticed the Pokemon game in my bag! Lucky! Free Pokemon! ;)

[quote name='asianxcore']has anyone seen KOF 2006 at their EB/Gamestop?

just curious to around how many copies each store is getting before I head out.[/quote]

I saw at least 6 copies at mine. They werent going anywhere either.

I wonder if they'll be further drops. This sales seems like a flop despite a couple of good deals. No one's buying anything in the stores it seems like and they have a huge excess of inventory.

I noticed that too, when I bought Hunter: The Reckoning: Redeemer, since the bins were FULL still. Although, certain titles were conspicuously MIA(like Bard's Tale and Rumble Roses), but I guess people must really be looking for certain titles. I doubt this 'sale' will sell out, unless the spoiled brat/ soccer mom network does their job and advertises it via word of mouth properly.

I noticed also that many of the games WERE NIB/SEALED games, though some were the usual GS rigamarole(gutted, but 'new' copies). They had many of the PS2 2 pack of wireless controllers and many other items left when I was there at about 1-1:30pm, not that I'm looking for anything else from this sale.

Traded in a GBA SP for $40 (including $20 bonus) plus an additional $10 for trading in for a DS lite and then traded in a GC for $40 (including bonus) and a couple accessories and about 8 cheapo games for about $135 credit total towards a new DS lite.

Not bad since my daughter wanted the DS lite anyways.

I got to the Gamestop near my house 10 minutes before they opened, and they had nearly everything on the list, so I managed to pick up Harvest Moon: AWLSE, Armored Core: Formula Front, Steamboy, and Cowboy Bebop UMDs. They didn't have AppleSeed sadly.

I was surprised the Gamestop wasn't packed in the morning, and I was able to get what I wanted mostly (it pays to wake up early).

They had pretty much all the stuff advertised when I went out today, and this was in the afternoon. Didn't seem like the games were picked through very much and there were many people in the store either. Seemed like a lot of the games were the GS "new" games that were opened w/o shrink wrap. Just picked up Castlevania for the GBA, but I had a question about FF XII CE. None of the ones they have are sealed and I'm wondering if that is how they all are or ? What all is included in the CE? Just another DVD, special instruction manual and the metal case? There aren't any other inserts or a plastic sleeve case? Thanks!

[quote name='eugaet']
So the Castlevania 2-pack is still available online. Supposed to ship in 24h and it's been about 17h since I placed the order...checked my order online and it hasn't shipped yet. Anyone ever had any problems ordering from EB/GS and having their orders cancelled even though the website says the item you ordered is available and has been available for order long after you did so? I'm just paranoid I guess...I have a strong distrust of EB/GS...[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/gamedays/

Note: While you may place orders now online, they will not ship until Tuesday May 29 due to the Memorial Day holiday. Online orders will be limited to 2 units per title per customer. Dealer or reseller orders will not be honored. All products are offered while supplies last, so order now!

Lol I just got home and the store was full of kids and grandparents (and a few parents), it was fun, kids were jumping all over the place haha! So anyway, I made a mistake and took used versions of Condemned and FEAR, and was surprised at the counter that it totaled to $75! So I asked the obviously tired guy how come it totalled like that. He was also surprised so he hurriedly left the counter and checked the prices, then he found FEAR and Condmened, still in wraps, and said that those were the ones in sale. The total amounted to $57 including tax.

Well I went home happy =)

Man, that Castlevania double pack is hard to find. I sure hope they didn't overestimate their warehoused stock because I had to order it online. Forgot to pick up a Sandisk 2GB SD card (Wii-branded), so I guess the $2.99 shipping isn't too bad for two items.

BTW, the same Starcraft set is $7.4X at some Target stores.

Managed to find a Castlevania double pack, but had to visit the highest traffic store in the area, which happened to get three of these. I dont think any other stores in the area got a single one. Checked four other stores, all had none.

[quote name='xdl']Managed to find a Castlevania double pack, but had to visit the highest traffic store in the area, which happened to get three of these. I dont think any other stores in the area got a single one. Checked four other stores, all had none.[/QUOTE]

YMMV regarding the Castlevania Double Pack. Both stores I visited today had 8+ copies of the Double Pack each. Shattered Union was the title I had trouble finding.

To chime in... yeah, no Castlevania Double Pack in my area, either.

Checking out stores later in the day, it was somewhat clear that people around didn't care about the sale, since most of the bins literally looked liked that hadn't even been touched. When I went to GS in the morning, the only other customer was a guy who worked there.

On the note of the Wii SD-card... to use a Sony phrase, I paid for potential. Useless now? Sure. I'm just gambling that it'll be useful in the future, especially if they implement a play from card feature. 15000+ blocks is nothing to scoff at. Are there cheaper 2gig cards? Yeah, but I had no problem coughing up the extra $5-10 for the 'official' one. I realize that sounds stupid, but that's just where I stand.

[quote name='Halo05']That's how I read it too. I may try another GS on monday or something. I'm dying to know if anyone got their GS to take the SP for the additional twenty bucks.

There were probably 8 KOF 2006's at my local GS before I bought one.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it works. The POS auto bumped them up today for someones trade.

Damn, I thought gamestop.com took gift cards online like CircuitCity.com, but I guess not. Wanted to pick up Final Fantasy XII CE using my gift card online since I'm on a sort of tight budget, but don't want to have to pay all cash + shipping. And they didn't have any new copies at the store I went to either, just a bunch of used ones. :cry:

[quote name='carthitup']To chime in... yeah, no Castlevania Double Pack in my area, either.

Checking out stores later in the day, it was somewhat clear that people around didn't care about the sale, since most of the bins literally looked liked that hadn't even been touched. When I went to GS in the morning, the only other customer was a guy who worked there.

On the note of the Wii SD-card... to use a Sony phrase, I paid for potential. Useless now? Sure. I'm just gambling that it'll be useful in the future, especially if they implement a play from card feature. 15000+ blocks is nothing to scoff at. Are there cheaper 2gig cards? Yeah, but I had no problem coughing up the extra $5-10 for the 'official' one. I realize that sounds stupid, but that's just where I stand.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up to use in my TREO. One for me and my wife. I got room for ringers to no end now. I woulda got one for my camera, but I dont think it will save the photos fast enough to make me happy. I may try it out though and see.

Well, I went completely batshit nuts there today. Bought this:

PS3:

Sixaxis controller
PS3 Blu-Ray remote

PS2:

Dragon Quest 8
Rumble Roses

PSP:

Taito Legends
PoPoLoCrois
Sega Genesis Collection
Outrun 2006
Armored Core

UMDs:
Cowboy Bebop
Fifth Element
Steamboy
Layer Cake
Bewitched
Replacement Killers
House of Flying Daggers
Hitch
The One
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Resident Evil
Resident Evil : Apocalypse
When A Stranger Calls
Kung Fu Hustle
Hollow Man
Starship Troopers

My boy went with me and he cashed in too:

Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut
Ed, Edd, & Eddy
Rayman Arena (used)

Picked up the Harvest Moon girly game for the daughter to play on the cube.

Forgot to get the PSP theater, so went online to order that, and found 5 more UMDs I wanted - T2, the 2 Darkstalkers, Stealth, and Ultimate Avengers!

Final Tally:

2 PS3 peripherals
3 PS2 games
4 Gamecube games
5 PSP games
21 UMDs
PSP Theater

And the kicker........just as I was leaving, a guy traded in Monster Hunter Freedom for PSP, so I hung around and snagged it for $26. Spent way too much money? Hell yes. Worth it? Hell yes.

I don't understand how DW5 for $25 can possibly be considered a CAG quality deal, but I'm weird like that.

Still, I'm gonna bug out for Condemned, the only steal there that I want and don't have (I'd be all over Rumble Roses... and yes, I don't mind it sounding like that... if I didn't already nab it for $5 earlier.).

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Well, I went completely batshit nuts there today. Bought this:

PS3:

Sixaxis controller
PS3 Blu-Ray remote

PS2:

Dragon Quest 8
Rumble Roses

PSP:

Taito Legends
PoPoLoCrois
Sega Genesis Collection
Outrun 2006
Armored Core

UMDs:
Cowboy Bebop
Fifth Element
Steamboy
Layer Cake
Bewitched
Replacement Killers
House of Flying Daggers
Hitch
The One
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Resident Evil
Resident Evil : Apocalypse
When A Stranger Calls
Kung Fu Hustle
Hollow Man
Starship Troopers

My boy went with me and he cashed in too:

Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut
Ed, Edd, & Eddy
Rayman Arena (used)

Picked up the Harvest Moon girly game for the daughter to play on the cube.

Forgot to get the PSP theater, so went online to order that, and found 5 more UMDs I wanted - T2, the 2 Darkstalkers, Stealth, and Ultimate Avengers!

Final Tally:

2 PS3 peripherals
3 PS2 games
4 Gamecube games
5 PSP games
21 UMDs
PSP Theater

And the kicker........just as I was leaving, a guy traded in Monster Hunter Freedom for PSP, so I hung around and snagged it for $26. Spent way too much money? Hell yes. Worth it? Hell yes.[/QUOTE]

Was Taito Legends for the PSP on sale? Or was it the standard $20?

Thanks!

RD

[quote name='eugaet']Hmmm. That doesn't sound like good odds that I will get my game then. First time ordering from EB/GS online...do I have anything to worry about?[/quote]

How does them having a policy that they dont ship out on a holiday weekend (I'm sure there not the only online retailer that doesnt) sound like you wont get your game ?? This is my first time also and even I'm not that skeptical without being given a reason....Start worrying if you havent recieved an email by Wednesday....I know I will....

[quote name='RollingSkull']I don't understand how DW5 for $25 can possibly be considered a CAG quality deal, but I'm weird like that.[/QUOTE]

I suppose from a collector's standpoint it might be - but I agree. I enjoy the DW/SW games, but to me they're like sports games. Every new iteration pretty much makes the older ones obsolete.

Anyway, I got what I went after today - Castlevania: Curse of Darkness & Champions: Return to Arms. Return never saw any kind of price drop that I noticed, and actually seemed pretty hard to find, so I was very happy to get it for $15. Also grabbed Armored Core (psp) on a whim - hard to turn down a $10 psp game that looks promising (already had Popolocrois ;)).

Can someone catch me up on the 360 trade-in deal? I tried going back a few pages but couldn't find what I wanted to know. Am I to understand there are NO exceptions to it, including the BK games?

EDIT: Also, gotta add this. It's strange to say it - but gotta give a kudos for GS for doing this sale right. They didn't list games most stores haven't had in ages just to clear inventory - they actually stocked the stores with the games for the sale. I've given GS a lot of grief lately, especially over the Rhino "merger", but gotta give them props when they manage to do something right.

Well, it's not the best sale in the world given the titles listed but I'm pretty happy with the whole thing and the way EB handled it. I walked into an EB earlier and everything listed was sorted very neatly into bins in the middle of the store, everything in good condition. Best of all, no bastards had come in to pick through everything. Stock was very good.

In all I unloaded a GBA SP that has been wasting space around here for some time and picked up the CV Double Pack, CV: Curse of Darkness, and the Starcraft Battle Chest for a totla of $17 or so. I may go back in during the week to pick up Diablo 2 and expansion, Rise of Nations, and the Warcraft 3 expansion.

Good sale, overall.

I didnt read through this whole thread, but when I was at gamestop earlier I noticed the Bulls madcatz controllers for ps2 were marked at $9.99 with a 50% off sticker on it meaning it would be $5.

I made sure it was off of that because I checked out some of the other video games and they were full price and then had those stickers with the 50% off of it aswell.

So I was just wondering if they were ringing up at $5 each and not the $10 as they show on the website...

So, remember that $300 order that I mentioned earlier...it got cancelled.

We received your order request for multiple titles. Due to the supply
and demand for these items and the limited quantity we have on hand, we
will not be able to process thise order for you at this time. Based on
this, we had no choice but to cancel this order.
What a load. The only item that I ordered multiple copies of was Akira UMD and that was only 2 copies. fuck Gamestop.

Better jump on these sales tomorrow.. Many cities will have this ad in local papers tomorrow I bet.

Stores I think will be replenished on some items late next week too

I would have bought Naruto for GC for $10 but they gutted every damned copy. For some reason it seemed like some games were gutted random. Many games were sealed on the floor, such as the Diablo II I got, but others werent. Hmm.... well this was an alright sale, nothing amazing. I'll be checkin' out the CC sale tomorrow though :D

My store had TONS of copies of pretty much everything. No one was looking at the bin though or even buying anything from it.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I od'ed on this sale...my two orders looked like this:

Description Qty Amount
----------------------------------------------------- --- ----------
Quake 4 1 $14.99
Soul Calibur 2 1 $4.99
Akira 1 $4.99
Cowboy Bebop 1 $4.99
Ninja Scroll 1 $4.99
PoPoLo Crois 1 $9.99
Sega Genesis Collection 1 $22.49
The Sopranos 1 $9.99
Castlevania: Aria & Harmony 2-Pack 1 $14.99

Subtotal : $92.41
Tax : $7.76

2ND ORDER:

Description Qty Amount
----------------------------------------------------- --- ----------
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 1 $9.99
Nyko Xbox 360 Intelligent Remote 1 $9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warrior 2 1 $14.99
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition 1 $14.99

Subtotal : $49.96
Tax : $4.20
Handling : $0.00
Grand Total : $54.16

Thanks alot OP and Cheapy!!![/quote]

Well I went to the mall today and picked up the only item that I wanted and couldnt get online,Harvet Moon for GC...Although I wont play majority of the stuff I got,my collection is getting up there....

There seems to be some confusion about this, so I just wanted to clarify my experience.

I picked up FFXII CE today, and I brought the opened copy from the bin (the manual was inside, but no DVDs) up to the counter. The clerk took the display copy, fished out a brand new and shrink wrapped copy from the drawers behind the counter, and gave me that.

[quote name='briansraregames']So, remember that $300 order that I mentioned earlier...it got cancelled.

What a load. The only item that I ordered multiple copies of was Akira UMD and that was only 2 copies. fuck Gamestop.[/quote]

Maybe gamestop read your previous post about your intent to resell the games and then cancelled it ??? hmmm......j/k... nah but that does suck.....

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Maybe gamestop read your previous post about your intent to resell the games and then cancelled it ??? hmmm......j/k... nah but that does suck.....[/quote]

And they still have my $300...

Hey, is Return to Arms good? The only Snowblind game I've played was Bard's Tale, which was a blast but it got old. I was torn between a rebuy of MK:SM, Condemned, and RtA, so I got Metal Slug Anthology instead.

Just curious too, what have you guys been seeing as far as gutted vs non gutted games? I went to 4 local stores today and 3 of them gutted every single copy of every single game on sale, even the 4.99 UMDs. I can't imagine how long it took to do that, what a waste of time.

The other store figured out that they could save a lot of floor space by gutting 1 copy of each game for display and keeping the rest in the back.

[quote name='briansraregames']Just curious too, what have you guys been seeing as far as gutted vs non gutted games? I went to 4 local stores today and 3 of them gutted every single copy of every single game on sale, even the 4.99 UMDs. I can't imagine how long it took to do that, what a waste of time.

The other store figured out that they could save a lot of floor space by gutting 1 copy of each game for display and keeping the rest in the back.[/QUOTE]

really like those $2-5 profit margins, eh? :lol:

[quote name='RollingSkull']I don't understand how DW5 for $25 can possibly be considered a CAG quality deal, but I'm weird like that.[/quote]
Better than paying $40 including shipping for a used copy on amazon. It's not a terrific game, but it's the best version, especially for us with Xtreme legends. It's not a steal, it's just one of those games that are damn hard to find for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back