GS/EB: trade 3 xbox 360 games, get an additional $20 store credit

aniousjoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
didn't see it in the titles or in any threads i looked at, so here ya go.

suppose to start today, and the exclusions are any 06 sports games, x-men the movie the game (great title), and perfect dark zero. that's it!! don't know if sports games includes blitz, so if anyone knows, please share.

here's some recent price quotes as well:

rumble roses xx- $3
table tennis- $5
oblivion- $20
quake 4- $7
tomb raider- $8
guitar hero game- $15
guitar hero guitar- $24
doa4- $9
kameo- $6
blitz- $6
eragon- $5

edit: these are also excluded- NCAA Football 2007, BK games. i actually got back online 'cause i knew ppl would ask about the BK games. thanks for the help on ncaa, guys. why x-men? i'm not sure.

as for value, here's my sidenote: with most of the games i mentioned above, it's possible to trade in some (rrxx, tt, and quake 4, for example), buy a couple eragon's w/ the $10 off coupon's (another example), wait for the gamecrazy promo, and flip the eragon's ($16 value before promo) with tomb raider ($12 before promo) and oblivion ($25 before promo!!), and get $110 store credit!!

only sucks 'cause i really don't like gamecrazy, but if you don't care where your credit is, this might be an idea for you. good luck to those that try this, tho'

thanks for the heads up! At a little under $7 extra per game, this is a great deal for those of you trading in older games that are no longer worth too much.

Hmm, I've never traded in my games at EB/Gamestop. if I do this do I have to menton this deal or will it be automatically applied?

[quote name='emceelokey']what about the Burger King games?[/quote]They get $0.50 per game, and normally are excluded from any 360-type trade-in promotion.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']I highly doubt the burger king games will work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. They'll probably tey to say it's a demo or a promotional game or some bs like that.

[quote name='skychotic']Hmm, I've never traded in my games at EB/Gamestop. if I do this do I have to menton this deal or will it be automatically applied?[/quote]

mention it 1000 times

[quote name='monkeydeew']mention it 1000 times[/quote]

And they'll still ignore it. Don't try stacking with your Edge card either, they'll treat you like a retard. Your experience may vary.

last time they had the trade 2 wii games get 1 free i threw down barnyard and chickenlittle and asked for wii play. the guy gave me 20$ store credit and said 'he had to go to lunch now' lol

On the last "Trade 2 Xbox 360 games get $10 extra credit" I stacked it with the Edge card fine.

But as per usual with Edge stacking, YMMV.

I never trade in games to gamestop or eb. They rip you off something fierce with whatever your trading in. I usually just keep my games i am a collector. Or trade them on here or locally.

Finally time to ditch Chromehounds I think. Going to have to find something else I don't want.

[quote name='averageguy']I never trade in games to gamestop or eb. They rip you off something fierce with whatever your trading in. I usually just keep my games i am a collector. Or trade them on here or locally.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing.

Whats GS's price policy on uncorrectly marked products? The reason I asked is I saw a game for X360 with a low price that it had to be the PC price. Could I get it at the marked price regardless if its their mistake?

I wonder if I could get enough for a Wii trading these games all in any thoughts?

Amped 3
Battlefield
Blitz
Blazing Angels
Chromehounds
DOA 4
Fight Night Round 3
Far Cry
Full Auto
Dead Rising
Just Cause
King Kong
LOTR:BFME
Madden 07 HOF Edition
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Need for Speed Carbon
NHL 2K7
Over G Fighters
The Outfit
Prey:CE
Rumble Roses
Table Tennis
Top Spin 2
Tiger Woods 06
Tony Hawk:American Wasteland
X-Men
Star Trek Legacy

Thats 27 games so that woud be a automatic $180.00 bonus right there plus another $18.00 for my extra 10% with my edge card so that makes $198.00 right there. So thats an average of $7.34 per game before you take in account what the game trades in for plus that 10% bonus on top of that.

[quote name='flybrione']Thats a rip trade in 3 games for the extra $20. What happened to 2 games?[/quote]

I wasn't aware that Gamestop ran a trade 2 games get extra $20 promotion. Seems it's generally 3 for an extra $10, and on some occassion 2 for an extra $10. 3 for $20 is probably the best specific 360 game trade-in deal they've provided recently if you don't count the +50% trade in credit coupon they had for one of their weekly specials.

This deal works quite well for games they'll only give you a couple of dollars for, and it's not bad for high trade in value games either ($25).

Adding a flat $6.67 credit to any 360 game you trade in will give you at most a 26.67% increase in trade in credit for $25 games and a 222% increase in trade in credit for $3 games. With this promotion it's pretty much a good time to trade in any 360 game you have that you don't feel like selling through CAG or eBay. Hey, $10 credit for each of these old games like Table Tennis is not bad.

[quote name='ajh2298']I wonder if I could get enough for a Wii trading these games all in any thoughts?

Amped 3
Battlefield
Blitz
Blazing Angels
Chromehounds
DOA 4
Fight Night Round 3
Far Cry
Full Auto
Dead Rising
Just Cause
King Kong
Madden 07 HOF Edition
Need for Speed Carbon
NHL 2K7
Over G Fighters
The Outfit
Rumble Roses
Table Tennis
Top Spin 2
Tiger Woods 06
X-Men
Star Trek Legacy

Thats 27 games so that woud be a automatic $180.00 bonus right there plus another $18.00 for my extra 10% with my edge card so that makes $198.00 right there. So thats an average of $7.34 per game before you take in account what the game trades in for plus that 10% bonus on top of that.[/quote]

You probably have enough if you're interested in getting the Wii system by itself ($250). I'm too lazy to check the wiki on each of those titles, but with a conservative estimate of $3 per game on your list, that's 27*$3 = $81 + $198 bonus credit - xmen and Tiger Woods 06 not qualifying.

Keep in mind that with xmen and tiger woods 06 excluded from this deal, you probably won't get the extra $22 since you'll only have 1/3 games possible for the last group of 3.

"Keep in mind that with xmen excluded from this deal, you probably won't get the extra $22 since you'll only have 2/3 games possible for the last bunch."

Why would the X-Men game be excluded its the one for the 360 that came out right before the 3rd movie.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=200132

I can always find another game to replace the Tiger Woods game, maybe Quake 4 or Kameo.

Hmm...this may be the time to trade in madden 07 since its value it going to fall greatly soon. Then I can used that credit towards 08.

I have a GS flier with some exclusions on it for this promo

2006 and older sports games
Burger King Titles
NCAA Football 2007
X-men
Perfect Dark Zero

It also says somewhat ominously other exclusions apply. Hmmm...

I stopped off at the Gamestop in Union Square on my way home from work to check and can confirm the details of what the two posters above me just said.

Again, the exclusions I saw on the poster are:
2006 and older sports games
Burger King Titles
NCAA Football 2007
X-men
Perfect Dark Zero

and the deal lasts through July 8, 2007.

I almost got them to do this on Sunday on top of my Edge card & the 30% extra for trading in 5 games or more. In fact, the guy said I was getting the extra $20 but it's not on the receipt anywhere. I'll hassle them tomorrow when I go back in and see if I can't swing it, but I'm not expecting to make much/any progress. Oh well. Honestly, now that I think about it, I would have been better off going to multiple GSs and trading in 3 360 games at each one. Damn it, I always think of this shit too late...

I hope this will make Oblivion and some of the other games prices go down because of the inventory of the used games going up with this deal, but knowing EB, thats not going to happen. I mean seriously, 55 for a used game thats about a year old, you can do better than that EB, but I wouldn't expect you to.

bleh ever since GS bought out EB Games...its been all down hill. Trade-ins are no longer worth it from that shit company. id rather have my game collect dust than give it to those creeps...my friends work at the GS near me and i dare not even trade my games in to them...getting 15 for COD 3 was enough to royally piss me off.

So can I use this along with the coupon for $10 off an Xbox 360 game? Or can I only do one of the deals at a time?

Just remember, gamestop often lowers trade values to go along with these type of promotions, so the bonus may not be all it's cracked up to be.

Also realize they're only giving bonus $6.666~ trade credit per game. It's really not that much considering how low their values are already, and how high their used prices are. This one is better than the trade two Wii games and get one free , though.

Traded in:

SC: DA CE - $9.00 + $6.67 = $15.67
Cars - $8.00 + $6.67 = $14.67
FN:R3 - $10.00 + $6.67 = $16.67

I didn't pay more than $19.99 for any of those titles, so I wasn't too disappointed. I put down the credit towards reserving DIRT.....can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

[quote name='ajh2298']I wonder if I could get enough for a Wii trading these games all in any thoughts?

Amped 3
Battlefield
Blitz
Blazing Angels
Chromehounds
DOA 4
Fight Night Round 3
Far Cry
Full Auto
Dead Rising
Just Cause
King Kong
Madden 07 HOF Edition
Need for Speed Carbon
NHL 2K7
Over G Fighters
The Outfit
Rumble Roses
Table Tennis
Top Spin 2
Tiger Woods 06
X-Men
Star Trek Legacy

Thats 27 games so that woud be a automatic $180.00 bonus right there plus another $18.00 for my extra 10% with my edge card so that makes $198.00 right there. So thats an average of $7.34 per game before you take in account what the game trades in for plus that 10% bonus on top of that.[/quote]

I would most likely pay you there tradei value + $7 + a bit more for most of those games Prey in particular. Im sure alot of other people would too. Help us out and get a better deal at the same time!

i actually work at gamestop, and my good for nothing asst manager didnt know of this deal. i went yesterday since it was my birthday, and wanted to trade in 3 games for a wiimote and nunchuck for mario party fun.

they said they heard of no such deal and nothing popped up on the computer, so i said fuck it took my games back and left.

AWFUL EXPERIENCE!waited over 20 minutes to find out that Madden Hall of Fame Edition is not accepted int his offer because it was "5 bucks" makes no fucken sense to me. It clearly says NO 06 Sport games. There was this fat biatch manager fuckING around with the computer trying to Bypass it and she couldnt do it. Plus this offer is not allowed to combined offers with including extra 20% trade in credit towards the preorder of MADDEN 08. At first, It was OK'ed that everything will be bundled. After 15 minutes, everything had to be voided after finding out it "cant be combined" took another 15 minutes of calling 3 different managers and at the end, Took back my games PISSED OFF.

Yeah, I had the same problem. I tried trading in madden 07, NBA 2K7 and NHL 2k7. The guy said that since they were all released in 2006 the deal didn't apply so I ended up getting a whopping $25! Assholes.

[quote name='skychotic']Yeah, I had the same problem. I tried trading in madden 07, NBA 2K7 and NHL 2k7. The guy said that since they were all released in 2006 the deal didn't apply so I ended up getting a whopping $25! Assholes.[/quote]

I would have told them to f' themselves, taken my games and left. 06 sports titles are those with 06 in the title, not based on when they were released.

I'd make a complaint to the DM.

i might have to take them up on this, I've been wanting to sell a few games now and seeing as no CAGs want them it might be time to take them in. ;)

does anyone know how much they give for ChromeHounds & N3?

bread's done
Back