GS/EB: trade 3 xbox 360 games, get an additional $20 store credit

aniousjoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
didn't see it in the titles or in any threads i looked at, so here ya go.

suppose to start today, and the exclusions are any 06 sports games, x-men the movie the game (great title), and perfect dark zero. that's it!! don't know if sports games includes blitz, so if anyone knows, please share.

here's some recent price quotes as well:

rumble roses xx- $3
table tennis- $5
oblivion- $20
quake 4- $7
tomb raider- $8
guitar hero game- $15
guitar hero guitar- $24
doa4- $9
kameo- $6
blitz- $6
eragon- $5

edit: these are also excluded- NCAA Football 2007, BK games. i actually got back online 'cause i knew ppl would ask about the BK games. thanks for the help on ncaa, guys. why x-men? i'm not sure.

as for value, here's my sidenote: with most of the games i mentioned above, it's possible to trade in some (rrxx, tt, and quake 4, for example), buy a couple eragon's w/ the $10 off coupon's (another example), wait for the gamecrazy promo, and flip the eragon's ($16 value before promo) with tomb raider ($12 before promo) and oblivion ($25 before promo!!), and get $110 store credit!!

only sucks 'cause i really don't like gamecrazy, but if you don't care where your credit is, this might be an idea for you. good luck to those that try this, tho'

Can anyone confirm this deal works at all GS stores? It's not mentioned on their site or anywhere else that I can see... And dates, please???

EDIT: Ah, so it is listed on their site. Cool. Time to get rid of TMNT, King Kong, Sonic, RR6, GRAW 1, and PGR 3.

It should as it's listed on their site as deal under Trade-In Values.

Anyone able to confirm is Edge Card can be combined? GameStop's being incredibly picky about this lately.

[quote name='Enemy15']i might have to take them up on this, I've been wanting to sell a few games now and seeing as no CAGs want them it might be time to take them in. ;)

does anyone know how much they give for ChromeHounds & N3?[/quote]

I trade-in N3 yesterday and they gave me $9. + $6.67, so a total of $ 15.67 for N3 with this offer when you trade-in 3 games.

I also trade-in,

Cars, $ 8. + $ 6.67 (not bad, considering I got it for FREE with the CC Forza 2 deal)
Splinter Cell, $ 9. + $6.67
Quake 4, $ 7. + $ 6.67
Saints Row, $ 9. + $ 6.67
Amped 3, $ 7. + $ 6.67

And the offer doesn't stack with the Game Edge card, the clerk at Gamestop told me that it was either one of the offers, but they can not be combined.

Now this is getting stupid. At this point, they may as well just shit all over the discount card if you can't even use it on trade-ins or adding a coupon to take down the price of USED games. The card is a BONUS that you get for buying the damned subscription to GI, not an offer (I over heard a couple employees after they watched a video from the company about how they now have to pitch the subscription first with the card as a bonus instead of the other way around).

[quote name='Tsukento']It should as it's listed on their site as deal under Trade-In Values.

Anyone able to confirm is Edge Card can be combined? GameStop's being incredibly picky about this lately.[/quote]
Indeed, they have been real picky about this recently.

I know on the 30% extra on 5+ games trade-in promtion, apparently the games had to be worth $2 or more to take advantage of it, as I traded in two games that were worth $0.50 and $1.50 that didn't get the extra 30%. They did get the EDGE 10%, though.

[quote name='Tsukento']Now this is getting stupid. At this point, they may as well just shit all over the discount card if you can't even use it on trade-ins or adding a coupon to take down the price of USED games. The card is a BONUS that you get for buying the damned subscription to GI, not an offer (I over heard a couple employees after they watched a video from the company about how they now have to pitch the subscription first with the card as a bonus instead of the other way around).[/quote]

Exactly. It's the ill-informed employees. The very reason I stopped going to Gamestop and go to the EB down the street. The EB workers know what's what, while the GS workers know what they think is right, which is not.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Whats GS's price policy on uncorrectly marked products? The reason I asked is I saw a game for X360 with a low price that it had to be the PC price. Could I get it at the marked price regardless if its their mistake?[/quote]

ANY store has to sell you a product for the price it's marked. You can't just mark prices one way and say they're higher at the desk.

[quote name='Rozz']ANY store has to sell you a product for the price it's marked. You can't just mark prices one way and say they're higher at the desk.[/quote]
They can and will. They'll fight with you about it, too. I was denied a mistagged Nyko guitar because it wasn't the same as in the computer and wouldn't honor it.

[quote name='Tsukento']They can and will. They'll fight with you about it, too. I was denied a mistagged Nyko guitar because it wasn't the same as in the computer and wouldn't honor it.[/quote]

They tried doing that to me once and I started a big fuss with a line behind me, after that the guy just gave me the price of the game. Around here they're good about honoring prices if they're wrong, often they do it without saying anything. If it doesent come up in the computer they're supposed to put in "Discount-Unknown" and take off the selected amount of money.

If the tag itself matches that of the game, they 'should' honor it. If it clearly says that the pricetag is for a different version/game, that's a different story.

If anything, report it to the DM. If anything, they'll get reamed for not keeping up with their pricing.

Well, i got Oblivion and GH2 bundle for roughly $15 total through that one site so i think i'm going to trade those two and then Rainbow Six: Vegas in and come out with around $99. Sound good given the circumstances?

You'd probably be better of selling GH2 on here. Hell, sell all three on here. You could easily get $100 for them.

Yeah, I love how TERRIBLY low of a trade-in value the bundle is. You pay close to $90 for the 360 one and get almost less than $30 in return.

So I went into Gamestop today tried to trade in Call of Duty 2, GRAW, and Crackdown and they guy said "The deal doesn't apply to games that ring up $5 or lower."

Crackdown - $9
Call of Duty 2 - $5
GRAW - $5

Two of three weren't elegible but no where is that advertised. The guy was nice about it but I decided to try Gamecrazy or some other store for trade ins.

Well, i hit up EB with Guitar Hero 2, Oblivion, and Rainbow Six: Vegas, came out with $98.01 which is fine considering i paid $15 for GH2 and Oblivion combined and $40 for R6V. So i spent $55, and got back $98...i can handle that.

[quote name='ikaden']So I went into Gamestop today tried to trade in Call of Duty 2, GRAW, and Crackdown and they guy said "The deal doesn't apply to games that ring up $5 or lower."

Crackdown - $9
Call of Duty 2 - $5
GRAW - $5

Two of three weren't elegible but no where is that advertised. The guy was nice about it but I decided to try Gamecrazy or some other store for trade ins.[/quote]
Gotta love the BS the company randomly pulls out of their asses in the middle of these sales with absolutely no corrections or notification to the customers.

Wow, Crackdown only gets $9? Anyone who would trade that in for $9 or the Guitar Hero bundle aren't exactly very intelligent. Or they just like getting ripped off.

Well Crackdown makes perfect sense. Most people bought it JUST for the Halo 3 beta. Stores are gonna be flooded to high hell with trade-ins of Crackdown. Out of 11 stores in my area, 4 of them have over 4+ used copies sitting around.

Guitar Hero, on the other hand, makes little to no sense.

[quote name='Tsukento']Well Crackdown makes perfect sense. Most people bought it JUST for the Halo 3 beta. Stores are gonna be flooded to high hell with trade-ins of Crackdown. Out of 11 stores in my area, 4 of them have over 4+ used copies sitting around.

Guitar Hero, on the other hand, makes little to no sense.[/quote]

Eh, you can still get much more than $9 online for Crackdown. I know it makes sense to the store, but for the customer, why would they trade it in to Gamestop instead of selling it online? Or better yet, try another store like FYE, they give $21 for it instead of the mesely $9 Gamestop gives.

Oh no doubt about it. But considering GameStop is a game retail store, it's to be expected that people would dump the games on them rather than other places. Hell, I don't think many people even know about FYE having trade-ins.

[quote name='Tsukento']Some of us don't have Game Crazy or any other options. >_>[/quote]

Sadly...no GameCrazy's within 50 miles of me :(

anyone know the trade in value for PGR3, Call of duty 3, and FFXI?

how is it compared to what i might get at gamecrazy or a disc replay?

You can't trade in FFXI. Once the code is used, it can't be used by anyone else. Same reason why they no longer take in copies of Phantasy Star Online (even though the servers are now down for the GC versions).

[quote name='Tsukento']You can't trade in FFXI. Once the code is used, it can't be used by anyone else. Same reason why they no longer take in copies of Phantasy Star Online (even though the servers are now down for the GC versions).[/QUOTE]

i never opened the FFXI, bought it from teh BB $10 sale and never touched it. would it still count?

They won't take sealed games either due to chances of actual theives attempting to sell stolen games as used and what not. :s

i've seen the workers at the GS by me take in sealed games before as used items, they just take off the plastic wrap, etc.

It's YMMV at best then, as most won't accept it if it's still sealed and even then, if FFXI isn't in the system with a price for used at all, then it's likely you wouldn't be able to trade it in either way.

[quote name='Ranma444']i've seen the workers at the GS by me take in sealed games before as used items, they just take off the plastic wrap, etc.[/quote]

It still won't be in the system, but the only way to know for sure is to go there and try for yourself. The funny thing is EBGames used to sell used copies of Phantasy Star Online for DC, and I remember the copies being disc only without codes.

Well, PSO had an offline mode and (at the time) people could call Sega to provide them a new code so they could get online. Guess Sega didn't do that anymore and doesn't accept PSO for GameCube anymore. Not sure about Xbox as that's STILL online.

There apparently is more restrictions to this deal than just the exclusions. I went in with FEAR, FNR3, PGR3, GRAW, SC: DA, and Table Tennis.

They took FEAR, Splinter Cell, and Fight Night without a problem, but the computer did not count Gotham Racing, Table Tennis, or Ghost Recon for the deal because they all traded in for only $5. So that seems to be the cutoff.

They weren't sure why, I showed them the list of exclusions, and the guy over-rode the system for me so I still got the deal. I don't expect most other GS/EB employees to be this accomidating, so this deal is now YMMV, since most games trade in for crap.

This deal is B to the S. I couldn't trade Ridge Racer, GRAW, or King Kong. Man, why did I even want to trade anything to them in the first place?

Wow, that's actually not very nice of EB/GS to have another hidden "exclusion" built into their system for this promotion:

no game

[quote name='Rozz']Eh, you can still get much more than $9 online for Crackdown. I know it makes sense to the store, but for the customer, why would they trade it in to Gamestop instead of selling it online? Or better yet, try another store like FYE, they give $21 for it instead of the mesely $9 Gamestop gives.[/quote]

Yeah thats crazy Crackdown is WAY better then most games out for 360!! I got it for the Halo 3 beta and found myself playing Crackdown and Not the same ol Halo 2 errr Halo 3

I finally lucked out...Traded Gun, Burnout, & Bomberman, got the edge card, the $20, and 20% because I put it towards my Halo 3 pre-order.

Here's some prices:

Bomberman: Act Zero - $4.00 / AD = 11.80
Burnout Revenge - $9.00 / AD = 19.40
Gun - $7.00 / AD = $16.80
= $48.00

AD = After Discounts ;)

My Gamestop experience:

I go to Gamestop one in the mall and opt to trade in my 3 xbox 360 games. The SINGLE employee in the store requires me to give all my personal info, despite frequenting the store. I give it to him. He asks if I have an edge card, I show him. He says it won't scan and that I have to call some 1800 number to get help. I tell him to forget the card and give me the trade in credit. He says its $31. I mention the extra $20 for 3 xbox 360 games. He is actually unfamiliar with it. When I point to the flyer on the desk in front of him, he knows what i'm talking about. He says the computer won't give me the extra $20 and only a manager can change it. I ask when a manager will be available, he says he has no idea, the manager left to help another store. Waste of my fucking time. fuck gamestop. fuck them and their employees. If you are a current employee of gamestop, I dislike your for support of one of the most corrupt corporations in america. They are the worst company ever.

Fine I'll backpedal. fuck the current employees of my local gamestop. Happy?

[quote name='seththefallen']My Gamestop experience:

I go to Gamestop one in the mall and opt to trade in my 3 xbox 360 games. The SINGLE employee in the store requires me to give all my personal info, despite frequenting the store. I give it to him. He asks if I have an edge card, I show him. He says it won't scan and that I have to call some 1800 number to get help. I tell him to forget the card and give me the trade in credit. He says its $31. I mention the extra $20 for 3 xbox 360 games. He is actually unfamiliar with it. When I point to the flyer on the desk in front of him, he knows what i'm talking about. He says the computer won't give me the extra $20 and only a manager can change it. I ask when a manager will be available, he says he has no idea, the manager left to help another store. Waste of my fucking time. fuck gamestop. fuck them and their employees. If you are a current employee of gamestop, fuck you for supporting them. They are the worst company ever.[/QUOTE]

You know what? i work for gamestop because im familiar with games and its down the hill from my house and it has flexible hours that fit my lifestyle. Saying fuck you to whoever works at gamestop because you had a bad experience there is not my fault nor any CAG who im sure, some of work at gamestop, stop being a asshole. Next time, use your head and call the store ahead of time before you walk in blindly, and act as of you didnt read these thread and seeing people are having problems with it. If you didnt read this thread fully and tried it anyway, well, thats your dumbass fault.

"The SINGLE employee in the store requires me to give all my personal info, despite frequenting the store."

And your going to have to do this everytime, even me who works at the store must do this when i trade shit in. the computer requires it, and i doubt the people who work there are your best friends who know when you were born, your phone number and address by heart because they like you so much. stop being stupid.

[quote name='seththefallen']My Gamestop experience:

I go to Gamestop one in the mall and opt to trade in my 3 xbox 360 games. The SINGLE employee in the store requires me to give all my personal info, despite frequenting the store. I give it to him. He asks if I have an edge card, I show him. He says it won't scan and that I have to call some 1800 number to get help. I tell him to forget the card and give me the trade in credit. He says its $31. I mention the extra $20 for 3 xbox 360 games. He is actually unfamiliar with it. When I point to the flyer on the desk in front of him, he knows what i'm talking about. He says the computer won't give me the extra $20 and only a manager can change it. I ask when a manager will be available, he says he has no idea, the manager left to help another store. Waste of my fucking time. fuck gamestop. fuck them and their employees. If you are a current employee of gamestop, fuck you for supporting them. They are the worst company ever.[/quote]
Not all the employees are bad. And some people aren't doing it to support GameStop but for themselves. o_O I don't like GameStop either, but telling all the employees to basically go fuck themselves because some jackoff gave you a hard time is rather childish.

[quote name='dios']You know what? i work for gamestop because im familiar with games and its down the hill from my house and it has flexible hours that fit my lifestyle. Saying fuck you to whoever works at gamestop because you had a bad experience there is not my fault nor any CAG who im sure, some of work at gamestop, stop being a asshole. Next time, use your head and call the store ahead of time before you walk in blindly, and act as of you didnt read these thread and seeing people are having problems with it. If you didnt read this thread fully and tried it anyway, well, thats your dumbass fault.

"The SINGLE employee in the store requires me to give all my personal info, despite frequenting the store."

And your going to have to do this everytime, even me who works at the store must do this when i trade shit in. the computer requires it, and i doubt the people who work there are your best friends who know when you were born, your phone number and address by heart because they like you so much. stop being stupid.[/quote]

The problem is not that it didn't work, its that the dumb guy on duty didn't know it had expired, he just said he couldn't figure out why it wasn't working and that he needed a manager. The manager called me after I complained to corporate and said that he doesn't know why that guy didn't call him on his cellphone and they decided to reimburse me for my trouble. Employees who are unaware of promos and their end dates, and how to contact managers when they get confused, are at fault in these situations. If he had said, "Oh I'm sorry the promo has ended." I couldn't complain, but thats not what happened.

Anyone know the trade value of PGR3? Ive got two for sure over $5, with my scratched up PGR3 being the third one if possible - not sure if its even worth the effort to head over there. The quality of deals for GS/EB has really been sub par since the merger.

today I traded in madden 07, nba live 07, and ncaa march madness 07. I received the extra $20 and then they added on an additional 20% since I pre-ordered madden 08. i received $48. good deal in my opinion.

[quote name='xdl']Anyone know the trade value of PGR3? Ive got two for sure over $5, with my scratched up PGR3 being the third one if possible - not sure if its even worth the effort to head over there. The quality of deals for GS/EB has really been sub par since the merger.[/quote]
According to the CAG Wiki...

Project Gotham Racing 3 - $8 - 4/17/07

[quote name='halo_pwner007']today I traded in madden 07, nba live 07, and ncaa march madness 07. I received the extra $20 and then they added on an additional 20% since I pre-ordered madden 08. i received $48. good deal in my opinion.[/quote]
Now that right there is pure BS on GameStop's part. They won't let you use the Edge Card yet they'll let you get an extra 20% for pre-ordering? Good god, this company is so broken.

It clearly states on the poster that "other exclusions apply." So there is no BS going on. People are just overlooking that little sentence.

[quote name='THoward7382']It clearly states on the poster that "other exclusions apply." So there is no BS going on. People are just overlooking that little sentence.[/quote]
That part's in reference to any games they haven't included on the list, like the "No games that have a trade-in value of less than $5." It, however, DOES state "Cannot be combined with any other offer." The extra credit for reserving during trade-in is a seperate offer, unlike the discount card. It's even at the top of the Trade-In page and even states the same "Cannot be combined with any other offer." text.

Just traded in Burnout Revenge, Far Cry and Phantasy Star Universe. Got about $15.67 each, all Xbox 360 Editions. Regular trade was 9 dollars each. Not bad, considering I payed $20 each for them and purchased them 6-10 months ago.

If I trade 3 games in, can I get the 20 dollars for thos plus the extra 20 percent trade in credit that you get for preording NCAA 08?

[quote name='saddamizer']If I trade 3 games in, can I get the 20 dollars for thos plus the extra 20 percent trade in credit that you get for preording NCAA 08?[/quote]

Read one of the other posts on this same page and you may see your answer: No.

bread's done
Back