GS/EB: trade in 2 psp/ds games, bonus $10 store credit

saw this in the window at gs today. havent seen it online though, can anyone else confirm?

*added from the website
Trade 2 PSP/DS Games for Extra $10 Offer Trade 2 PSP/DS games get an extra $10!
Expires: 8/19/2007.
Ping Pals & Sprung excluded from offer.
Other exclusions may apply.
Offer not good on cash trades.
Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value.
Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Trade-ins subject to manager approval.
Offer subject to change at anytime
(lame).
See store associate for details. No dealers.

*added from gs/eb email newsletter, check your spam folder
Receive An Extra $10 Trade-In Credit (In-Store Offer Only)
Handheld gaming just keeps growing and growing. Expiring August 19, when you trade-in two DS or PSP games receive an additional $10 trade-in credit towards your next purchase. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-In Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply, see site for details.

Did another visit today.

Harvest Moon DS ($10 base + $1 edge)
Lego Star Wars II ($7 base + $0.70 edge)
+ $10 promotion

$28.70 in credit total.

I read this thread today and later I went to my local GS to sell 6 PSP game and got 65 store credit for them each one was 3 or 7 Dollers so i was like wow becuse it is not every day you get a good deal at GSbut maybe it was not the best...

[quote name='sega4ever']Can I do this with 1 ds game and 1 psp game?[/quote]

yep, it should all be automatic when they scan the 2 games you are trading in

does anyone have the exclusion list ofr this deal? I traded in some games and there was about 2 under $2 taht the deal didn't apply to. The clerk told me to go online and look up the exception list since he didn't have iton hand, but I don't see it on the site.

Does anyone know if a Babbage's is the same as Gamestop/Ebgames? I am going to a mall with one of these and i was wondering if they do the same trade in deal as Gamestop/Ebgames. If you go on gamestop.com and check if they have a game instock at a store near you a babbage's is listed on my list so this is why i am wondering.

I've been to 3 BB's and still have yet to find harvest moon, even though I've nabbed like 13 frontlane PSP games....

Hey guys new to the thread so if it's been asked alread, I apologize in advance. Are you able to combine this deal with the 20% trade-in bonus for preordering Halo 3? Because if so that would be awesome!! Thanks.

I believe you can combine this with 20% extra for Halo 3. I was trying to get 10% extra for my Bioshock preorder but the guy didn't see it on his trade in promo list. He did offer the 20% for Halo 3 instead.

I got 4 $5 frontlane BB PSP games for $21.36 and got the following values at GS
(Game... base + 10% edge card + 1/2 of $10 bonus = trade-in $)
Dave Mirra BMX... 7.00 + 0.70 + 5.00 = 12.70
Pursuit Force... 6.00 + 0.60 + 5.00 = 11.60
Ape Escape Academy... 5.00 + 0.50 + 5.00 = 10.50
Gunprey... 5.00 + 0.50 + 5.00 = 10.50
Total trade in value is $45.30
Subtract cost(7% tax)$21.36
Profit comes out to $23.94

Yay for expired BB coupons that still work and generous promos!

Do you get any extra for trading in the boxes, manuals, box art, etc? I went to my local EBgames, and they said I would only get half price for just the game without the box. Is that true everywhere?

So, I pick up Lumines II (x2) and Gunpey (x2) after work this morning. Go into the GameStop down the street, he says he cant take games that have never been opened. So I figure no problem, I'll open them, and trade them in at the EB in the Mall. Get in there, the guy looks at them. Tells me they cant take them. I ask why. He says they are too new...............................Im stunned. I say, are fucking serious? would you rather the discs be all scratched, have cracks in the case, and no manual? And then leave without an answer.

Just got back from trading in a handful of DS and Wii games (now have a 360 - woot ^.^)...anyway, here were some of the prices I got for the DS titles:

Elite Beat Agents - 8.00 (14.30 after)
Yoshi's Island 2 - 10.00 (16.50 after)
Mario Hoops 3 on 3 - 10.00 (16.50 after)
Sonic Rush - 4.00 (9.90 after)

Are you supposed to get a 10% Edge bonus to the extra 10 dollar credit as well? Cause I know I didn't get that on my Wii games with the 10 dollar extra coupon, but for these I did get it.

[quote name='JLazzuri']Hey guys new to the thread so if it's been asked alread, I apologize in advance. Are you able to combine this deal with the 20% trade-in bonus for preordering Halo 3? Because if so that would be awesome!! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to, but using the EDGE card to triple-dip is YMMV. I tried at a few places by me in NYC but none of them would let me pull off all three, so I ended up just taking the credit instead of putting it toward Halo 3. In retrospect I should have given up using the EDGE card, but I hate being tied to a specific store for a preorder.

Well, went by K-Mart to see if they had any games left over from their sale, but I found zip. Headed up to Gamestop to trade in Super Mario 64 DS and Polarium. I went up to the counter and asked the guy if he knew about the trade two DS/PSP games get $10 extra credit. He said he did. So I handed the games over and he rang them up.

A few seconds later he got this confused look on his face. He says, "It's not ringing up the $10 extra deal. I think it's because the trade in has to be over a certain amount and Polarium is only worth $1.50 trade in credit". I tell him, "That's not what the ad says. It says some games are excluded, but it says nothing about a minimum trade in value. I called yesterday and was told Polarium was not excluded from the deal." So he types some stuff up and then says he'll have to do it manually. So it ends up he just tacked $10 onto Polarium and got me the extra credit.

Funny thing is, Polarium only sells for $9.99 used and he technically gave me $11.50 trade in value. Ahhh, gotta love those folks at Gamestop.

[quote name='JLazzuri']Hey guys new to the thread so if it's been asked alread, I apologize in advance. Are you able to combine this deal with the 20% trade-in bonus for preordering Halo 3? Because if so that would be awesome!! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

They were unable to do this for me the other day. It does not work automatically and thus needs to done manually if they'll allow it. It is much harder to get them to do manual overrides, though, so YMMV on that one. Unfortunately, the cool manager (who got me my Wii preorder at launch) moved on to better things. He would manually override stuff left and right in previous promos and give me all kinds of extra credit (like 10% preorder bonus on top of the old trade 3 get $10 extra, etc). Now it's up to the whims of whatever scrub is in there on a given day and most barely know how to ring things up normally, let alone override anything.

[quote name='io']Now it's up to the whims of whatever scrub is in there on a given day and most barely know how to ring things up normally, let alone override anything.[/quote]Seeryuslee. You should have seen how long it took 2 winners to ring me up with a coupon, Edge, and credit on my Edge card.

[quote name='ananag112']Do you get any extra for trading in the boxes, manuals, box art, etc? I went to my local EBgames, and they said I would only get half price for just the game without the box. Is that true everywhere?[/quote]

That's BS, a game has the same trade-in value disc-only as it does complete.

The game itself has the same value -- until they arbitrarily substract fees for this or that.

50 cents for a missing box in my case, but definitely not the extreme of losing half the total value.

Skip the store that pulls that crap and they lose out too.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']A few seconds later he got this confused look on his face. He says, "It's not ringing up the $10 extra deal. I think it's because the trade in has to be over a certain amount and Polarium is only worth $1.50 trade in credit". I tell him, "That's not what the ad says. It says some games are excluded, but it says nothing about a minimum trade in value. I called yesterday and was told Polarium was not excluded from the deal." [/quote]

I traded in Polarium just a few days into the deal without a problem. I wonder if they've added it to exclusions or perhaps they have modfiied the deal to include only games with a certain trade-in value.

Picked up 2 Trace Memory DS for 4 bucks each and 2 Lumines 2 PSP for 8 bucks each at TRU thanks to 20% coupon. Total $26 spent

Trade a set of one of each at 2 EBs.
Lumines 2 7.70 Edge
Trace Memory 3.30 Edge
Bonus 10 = 21 x 2 = 42

$16 total profit. Points card for Super Metroid on Monday bought, Metroid Prime 3 pre order paid off remaining balance. Nice.

Picked up 2 Trace Memory DS for 4 bucks each and 2 Lumines 2 PSP for 8 bucks each at TRU thanks to 20% coupon. Total $26 spent

Trade a set of one of each at 2 EBs.
Lumines 2 7.70 Edge
Trace Memory 3.30 Edge
Bonus 10 = 21 x 2 = 42

$16 total profit. Points card for Super Metroid on Monday bought, Metroid Prime 3 pre order paid off remaining balance. Nice.

Does anyone know the trade-in value of Need for Speed:Underground rivals for psp? I looked in the wiki but its not there. I am guessing its really low since its not even on the gamestop site. That also makes me think it won't apply to this trade in deal?

Round three for me, io if you would please:

DS- Star Fox Command $7
PSP- Legend of Heroes III - Song of the Ocean $9

My entire handheld supply is now gone. . .

[quote name='Hibiwa']The game itself has the same value -- until they arbitrarily substract fees for this or that.

50 cents for a missing box in my case, but definitely not the extreme of losing half the total value.

Skip the store that pulls that crap and they lose out too.[/QUOTE]

I didnt know that some GS pulled stuff like that, but I can believe it.

Around here, I know a GS that takes off $2 for each disk they deem too scratched up (They claim they need to be resurfaced, but right after the trader leave, I see them start putting a sticker on it and putting it up on the shelf. Will they in fact resurface the disk itself, well, I dont want to jump to conclusions but they do put it in one of the envelopes and then casually throw it into a bin behind them, a bin to be resorted, or to be resurfaced?) Actually, its really only the one or two gung ho, strict to the rules employee, but I never trade there anyways since when I need to trade, I go to a closer one.

[quote name='KingCrow02']Would I be able to trade-in two of the same game? I have a couple copies of Madden 08 for the DS.
[/quote]

It depends ont he person that helps you take the games. Some people had luck trading in the same game and getting bonus while other people have been accused of stealing.

Im guessing you got the madden 08's from the tru promo. I don't know how much you get for madden 08 now, but you might be losing money if you trade it in.

Went in for another try today since I got denied yesterday. I was hoping that someone else was in there today and lucky there was a very nice woman in there today.

Lumines II (x2) $7 base + .70 Edge + $5 Promo = 12.70
Gunpey (x2) $5 base + .50 Edge + $5 Promo = 10.50

Total= $46.40

Bought them from TRU for $29. So about an $18 profit. Going tomorrow to pick up two Bust a Move's (DS) for about $6 from TRU. It gets a base of $7, so I'll make about $12 off of that)

Yesterday:

DS Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi - $4
DS Freedom Wings - $4
DS Guilty Gear Dust Strikers - $6
DS The Sims 2 - $5
PSP Mind Quiz - $6
PSP Hot Shots Golf - $3
Wii Open Season - $8

With the Wii +$10 coupon and the Edge card, the total came to $79.60.

This was round 3 for me and now I have $197.80 credit.

I originally thought this and the Wii coupon would be meh, but now I'm gunning for a PS3 or 360. Don't think I'll make it, but now I have a goal.

I updated the wiki with info up until this post.

I'm tempted to jump on this, but all of my DS games are quality. I'd like to ditch Mario Basketball and Nintendogs (but my girlfriend loves the game) and pick up a used Wii or DS game and stack it with the Edge and 10 percent off coupon. I checked the CAG wiki and it looks like I'd get 31 dollars including the bonus 10. I'll probably end up doing it just because it's a reasonable idea.

[quote name='harunim']Anyone know the Madden 08 Trade-in value for DS?[/quote]

I just got $11 today in an upstate NY Gamestop.

Are Pokemon Diamond/Pearl DS still trading in for $18 each?

If so, then buying Madden 08 DS + Pokemon Diamond or Pearl at TRU for $39 (using 20% off coupon and buy madden, get 1 game 50% off promo) is a nice money maker if you trade Pokemon + a clearance DS game like Lumines II, assuming you can recover the $23.99 cost of Madden.

I'd like to try this to knock $10 or $20 off the cost of my Bioshock LE pre-order.

[quote name='robowler']Are Pokemon Diamond/Pearl DS still trading in for $18 each?

If so, then buying Madden 08 DS + Pokemon Diamond or Pearl at TRU for $39 (using 20% off coupon and buy madden, get 1 game 50% off promo) is a nice money maker if you trade Pokemon + a clearance DS game like Lumines II, assuming you can recover the $23.99 cost of Madden.

I'd like to try this to knock $10 or $20 off the cost of my Bioshock LE pre-order.[/quote]

This would only benefit people that want to keep Madden 08 DS.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']so, you're saying you've been hawking games from this promo and managed to get around $400 of credit?[/quote]

i managed to get enough to pay off my elite before the drop and get a copy of Wartech and pay off my Bioshock LE with this deal...but i didnt buy anything specifically to flip... it was all games i had in my collection...i wish i had time to find cheap games to flip for this deal

[quote name='Jedi1979']i managed to get enough to pay off my elite before the drop and get a copy of Wartech and pay off my Bioshock LE with this deal...but i didnt buy anything specifically to flip... it was all games i had in my collection...i wish i had time to find cheap games to flip for this deal[/quote]

so, its not exactly like you got your elite for free.. you originally put all that money into the games you traded in

i always get a kick outta seeing people here brag how much credit they have at a particular store.. when you don't just get free credit.. you gotta spend the money in the first place to get some kind of credit back ;)

[quote name='boooey']so, its not exactly like you got your elite for free.. you originally put all that money into the games you traded in

i always get a kick outta seeing people here brag how much credit they have at a particular store.. when you don't just get free credit.. you gotta spend the money in the first place to get some kind of credit back ;)[/quote]

i didnt pay full price(or even close to) for the majority of them and the majority of them were more then a year old along with the fact ebay would have netted me less then what GS gave me...i always do my research first before determining the best route

plus i didnt say i got it for free...i just got it for a pile of games that havent been touched in 6-12 months

[quote name='boooey']so, its not exactly like you got your elite for free.. you originally put all that money into the games you traded in

i always get a kick outta seeing people here brag how much credit they have at a particular store.. when you don't just get free credit.. you gotta spend the money in the first place to get some kind of credit back ;)[/QUOTE]

True, but spending about 65$ for an Xbox 360 is pretty fucking rockstar to me.

(13x copies of Harvest Moon DS ----> Used Xbox 360 Core $189.99)

[quote name='varsitygamer']True, but spending about 65$ for an Xbox 360 is pretty fucking rockstar to me.

(13x copies of Harvest Moon DS ----> Used Xbox 360 Core $189.99)[/QUOTE]
Seriously, I'd much rather pay $140 in crap $5 PSP games and stuff I never play for a 360 than actually pay $399.99, then $69.99 for Halo

There's 5 BB's within 20 miles of my house, I have a printer, my car gets good gas mileage, and I had a half hour on Wednesday, 2 hours yesterday and 3 today to spare

Well worth the $403.65 I've racked up, spending only $140+tax and half a tank of gas

The ridiculous pile of BB receipts and bags I have in my trunk right now is pretty insane though hahaha

[quote name='SoccerEBA3']Seriously, I'd much rather pay $140 in crap $5 PSP games and stuff I never play for a 360 than actually pay $399.99, then $69.99 for Halo

There's 5 BB's within 20 miles of my house, I have a printer, my car gets good gas mileage, and I had a half hour on Wednesday, 2 hours yesterday and 3 today to spare

Well worth the $403.65 I've racked up, spending only $140+tax and half a tank of gas

The ridiculous pile of BB receipts and bags I have in my trunk right now is pretty insane though hahaha[/quote]

impressive....$403.65 in credit. I only managed $130 in credit, but thats better than nothing. Secured my copy of Persona 3 and either Halo 3 LE or Eternal Sonata

bread's done
Back