GS/EB weekly special: $5 off any used PS2 game ($14.99 or higher)

[quote name='darisma']Damn this one does not have a flaw like the one for gamecube! :([/QUOTE]

Unfortunately :(

I wonder if we'll see an Xbox version next week....

This is actually a pretty good coupon, assuming you are buying things close to the 14.99 price point.

Take god of war. It's 17.99 used. 5 off brings it to 12.99. With the edge card it's 11.70. The lowest price on half.com is $13 (plus shipping). Plus, if you look carefully, you can usually get a non-greatest hits game. They sell for the same :whistle2:/

[quote name='monkeydeew']xbox 360 had 5 off a few weeks ago with no minimum price. but they still wouldnt give me pocket racer for free :([/quote]

Cause it wasn't even $5. They have to be at least $5 for the coupon to work.

Looking at the ad, nothing really special about it. Mostly price drops that were necessary. I still can't believe they do those Ultimate Codes for games. How do those things sell at $10?

[quote name='darisma']Just curious. Do they have this ad as a printout at the stores???[/quote]

nope, they make you waste your own ink

[quote name='jonnyfivealive']thanks i can finally get kh2 for real cheap[/QUOTE]

yep, I just bought it today with the $5.00 off coupon + the Edge Card...my total out the door was $12.55 for a mint/used copy.

[quote name='speedy05']yep, I just bought it today with the $5.00 off coupon + the Edge Card...my total out the door was $12.55 for a mint/used copy.[/quote]

Exactly what I am hoping to do!

Definitely not as desirable for multiple purchases as last week's but here's a set of 4 for anyone who wants to carry extra.

Yeah, definately not as great as last week's since a good chunk of good PS2 games are either below the $14.99 range or are too expensive to really even warant a purchase. I definately wanna grab Final Fantasy XII, but not for $38 at a used price.

I find it disgusting that Katamari Damacy is $30 used, when I got it for free and new at Best Buy last week with their own coupon.

picked up God Hand with this coupon. The guys behind the counter didn't even know such a coupon existed so I had to convince them I got it online.
One other thing i'm beginning to hate (not sure if this is just my store) but 70% of all the used games come in a crappy generic dvd case. what the hell is up with that. the copy of god hand i got came in the original case, though.

I was psyched to find a mint complete copy of SMT: DDS 2 ( looks like it was a new one which the store opened to sell as used) for $20 with the $5 off.

[quote name='LoveMonkey']picked up God Hand with this coupon. The guys behind the counter didn't even know such a coupon existed so I had to convince them I got it online.
One other thing i'm beginning to hate (not sure if this is just my store) but 70% of all the used games come in a crappy generic dvd case. what the hell is up with that. the copy of god hand i got came in the original case, though.[/quote]

gamestop/eb often have ugly, greasy, smelly preowned cases, which is why I'm also picky on used games. If you trade in without a case you lose a dollar value or at least I tried to a while back...

This seems like a pretty good deal, actually. Pretty comparable to the B2G1F deals we prize so much, as long as we're shopping for cheap games.

Here's the mathematical comparison, assuming you're buying games priced at $17.99, which is pretty popular. I'm also figuring in an Edge Discount, though I'll give the figures without as well. I'm not considering sales tax, though, since that vaires from state to state.

B2G1F:
$17.99 + $17.99 + $0 = $35.98
$35.98 - 10% = $32.38
Total price per game: $10.80 ($11.99 w/o Edge card)

$5 off coupon:
$17.99 - $5.00 = $12.99
$12.99 - 10% = $11.69
Total price per game: $11.69 ($12.99 w/o Edge card)

So given that you don't have to find 2 other games to get the discount (wehich has sometimes been a problem), I say if you find a cheap game you'd like, then go for it.

[quote name='LoveMonkey']picked up God Hand with this coupon. The guys behind the counter didn't even know such a coupon existed so I had to convince them I got it online.
One other thing i'm beginning to hate (not sure if this is just my store) but 70% of all the used games come in a crappy generic dvd case. what the hell is up with that. the copy of god hand i got came in the original case, though.[/QUOTE]

yep, I bought a copy of God Hand today as well, couldn't resist the price with the $5.00 off coupon + the Edge Card, good times.

Definitely going to try getting God Hand new at CC with the BB 5$ coupon.

Anyway... I picked up Dark Cloud 2 (PS2) in pretty much brand new condition for 13.50 and Ark of Napishtim (PS2) in mint cond as well for 13.50. Good haul today, including a couple 5$ BB games.

[quote name='kingsoby1']Definitely going to try getting God Hand new at CC with the BB 5$ coupon.

Anyway... I picked up Dark Cloud 2 (PS2) in pretty much brand new condition for 13.50 and Ark of Napishtim (PS2) in mint cond as well for 13.50. Good haul today, including a couple 5$ BB games.[/quote]

good choice in Dark Cloud 2...my favorite RPG of all time (and i dont even like RPG's)

Got ICO and Shadow of the Colossus for $12 each. Still need to get Star Ocean and DQ8 if I can ever find them in decent condition with the boxes, maybe a few others too.

[quote name='xdl']Got ICO and Shadow of the Colossus for $12 each. Still need to get Star Ocean and DQ8 if I can ever find them in decent condition with the boxes, maybe a few others too.[/quote]When I saw the coupon I knew Star Ocean would be what I was going for. My store has tons of copies in good condition (so many the good cases were moved to the top "storage" shelf; took me a good five minutes before I looked up and saw them), and since it recently dropped to $14.99 it was even sweeter. Manager said he wasn't sure if the edge card would work, but of course it did, so all told I got it for $9.11.

One question though, what's the difference between the Purple Cover and the
cover with the guy on the front? It doesn't seem to be greatest hits as the spine and top aren't red... I'm hoping it's some rarity but I highly doubt it. :p

Thinking of picking up Xenosaga II (last one I need), as it's $14.99 as well, but I may be able to get it for $5 somewhere... so I'll have to work on that before the coupon expires.

I was going to pick up a couple of games until I noticed GS now puts some of their price stickers on the INSIDE of the dvd case,onto the ACTUAL cover insert.Being a collector I dont want to pay for a game only to end up damaging or ripping the ocver insert cuz of their stupidity so I passed.....

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I was going to pick up a couple of games until I noticed GS now puts some of their price stickers on the INSIDE of the dvd case,onto the ACTUAL cover insert.Being a collector I dont want to pay for a game only to end up damaging or ripping the ocver insert cuz of their stupidity so I passed.....[/quote]

Only some stores actually do that. I have never once had a problem getting those off without damaging the artwork. No residue either.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I was going to pick up a couple of games until I noticed GS now puts some of their price stickers on the INSIDE of the dvd case,onto the ACTUAL cover insert.Being a collector I dont want to pay for a game only to end up damaging or ripping the ocver insert cuz of their stupidity so I passed.....[/quote]

Only at the retarded stores do they do that.

[quote name='reibeatall']The one with Fayt on the cover is actually the slip case for the game, similar to DQ8. The purple is just the game inside.[/quote]
Oh, don't see that too often with games. Guess I'll have to see if I can get that slipcover somewhere.

I was thinking about picking up KHII but didn't.

Instead I picked up some DVDs because they had a B2G1 going on (like they usually do):
Sin City (complete and minty)
Chappelle's Show The Lost Eps (complete and minty)
X-Men Collection (complete and very good shape)

The only thing is that X-Men Collection was full screen when box says widescreen, luckily I can return/exchange it for something else.

They also had Spider-Man, complete 67 series for $25 but I didn't pick that one up since I couldn't find anything else in that range to make it a good deal.

[quote name='Vinny']
Instead I picked up some DVDs because they had a B2G1 going on (like they usually do):
Sin City (complete and minty)...[/quote]
The barebones or the Director's Cut? If the directors cut you got LUCK-E. If not, it's still a very cool movie :D

Grr... a GS I went to had Shadow of Rome last week @ 25$... but a no-go this week. Oh well, just bought it off ebay in mint cond for 20$ :)

Also, to the poster that was contemplating picking up Xenosaga 2 @ 14.99... it's going for that much brand new at BB (so use the 5$ coupon of course).

[quote name='kingsoby1']Grr... a GS I went to had Shadow of Rome last week @ 25$... but a no-go this week. Oh well, just bought it off ebay in mint cond for 20$ :)

Also, to the poster that was contemplating picking up Xenosaga 2 @ 14.99... it's going for that much brand new at BB (so use the 5$ coupon of course).[/quote]Holy crap thanks, I feel so n00bish now to have not checked on it :D Hmm, can't find it online. Will have to check in store.

bread's done
Back