GS/EBGames 3DS pre-order trade-in promos

martyback

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8977/3dspromo.jpg

Saw this on another message board, apparently some people got an e-mail detailing that offer. Trade in a DSi XL or 5 games worth at least $8 credit and you'll get $125 towards your pre-order of a 3DS. Anyone care to confirm?

EDIT: It's been confirmed for Gamestop Canada

http://www.bargainmoose.ca/gamestop-canada-nintendo-3ds-trade-offer/

EDITEDIT: A new deal for US residents starting Jan. 24, trade in a DSi XL for $100, a DSi for $75 or a DSlite for $50 towards a pre-order of a 3DS. Not nearly as good but something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be happy to trade 5 8 dollar games if this is actually true. Hopefully this will be confirmed and go live soon.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'd be happy to trade 5 8 dollar games if this is actually true. Hopefully this will be confirmed and go live soon.[/QUOTE]

wow me too.

Like I said in another thread, GS was giving $60 for a trade in on a DSi to DSiXL.

If they're giving $125 for 5 games, I've got 5 crappy game to trade in.

God I hope this doesn't turn out to be : trade DS AND 5 games....

(Also, they're not gonna let you trade in 10 games for $250 credit. Whoever approves that promotion would be shot.)

those 5 x 8$ games usually end up being about 200$ were you to sell it through conventional methods. i do wonder if they will have a promotion for the ds lite trade in, but i doubt it.

[quote name='mythus']those 5 x 8$ games usually end up being about 200$ were you to sell it through conventional methods. i do wonder if they will have a promotion for the ds lite trade in, but i doubt it.[/QUOTE]

no. You'd have to sell each game at $40 and that's not happening with $8 trade in value games no matter how much you think GS is ripping people off.

[quote name='confoosious']no. You'd have to sell each game at $40 and that's not happening with $8 trade in value games no matter how much you think GS is ripping people off.[/QUOTE]

^What he said. Lol

[quote name='confoosious']no. You'd have to sell each game at $40 and that's not happening with $8 trade in value games no matter how much you think GS is ripping people off.[/QUOTE]

gs rips off people pretty hard. arnt 60$ games valued at 25$ within new releases. most 40$ games they sell would probably end up being 10$, i would think if you take that into consideration. i never trade in anything through gamestop though.

This could be a Canadian deal. They do this "trade X number of games with $8 TIV" all the time. I live near Canada border and went there two months ago for a trade in of the Mario 25th Anniversary DSi XL with FIVE $8 TIV games, and a Kinect with FOUR $8 TIV games.

No string attached, no extra penny paid. I just gave them some cheap games and got a DSi XL and Kinect out the door.

[quote name='mythus']gs rips off people pretty hard. arnt 60$ games valued at 25$ within new releases. most 40$ games they sell would probably end up being 10$, i would think if you take that into consideration. i never trade in anything through gamestop though.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

If the games you're taking in to trade for this promotion could get you $40 elsewhere, then you're doing it wrong.

I already found 5 8 dollar games, and if I was given 25 credit for each I'd make more money in credit than what I paid for them. Now it's just a matter on whether this deal is actually live in North America.

And the even bigger question is can you do it twice to get the system free...

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wow, thats actually a good deal. (Considering if you can find games to flip), gotta check Target's tommorow ;o[/QUOTE]
good point

Man if only hardware would be accepted I'd trade in my 360, sure I'd have to go play Gears 3 at my brothers, but everything else I can play on my PS3.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Do most of you have 5 $8 games? I looked at the TIV list and there's very few that are $8 and over[/QUOTE]

Kingdom Hearts:BBS
FF4 DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Afrika PS3
Mario and Luigi:BIS DS

I paid less than 20 each for all those games so I effectively get 25 bucks of the 3DS if this actually works.

Here is the information I was given about upcoming trades, this deal sounds different. That might be Canadian only.

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']25% Power Trade is Killzone 3, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Little Big Planet 2. valid till 2/6

Trade your Ds towards a 3ds,
DS Lite gets you $50.00
DSi gets you 75.00
DSiXL gets you 100 valid till 2/6

The 50% trade promo for trading in towards used goes to 1-30

Free GPG on used goes till 1-29[/QUOTE]

[quote name='miriamleo']This could be a Canadian deal. They do this "trade X number of games with $8 TIV" all the time. I live near Canada border and went there two months ago for a trade in of the Mario 25th Anniversary DSi XL with FIVE $8 TIV games, and a Kinect with FOUR $8 TIV games.

No string attached, no extra penny paid. I just gave them some cheap games and got a DSi XL and Kinect out the door.[/QUOTE]

You're claiming you traded in ~$72 worth of games and got $225 worth of hardware in exchange? Am I the only one who has a hard time believing Gamestop would ever take a hit that big?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']You're claiming you traded in ~$72 worth of games and got $225 worth of hardware in exchange? Am I the only one who has a hard time believing Gamestop would ever take a hit that big?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has taken some big hits before. I can still remember that B1G1 sale they had online, and the time i took about 60 dollars worth of flips and made about 200$

Also, 50 bucks for a DS Lite seems way higher than their normal price, though i still have many uses for it.

So can we get people to start posting flip strategies on here to take advantage of this?

I JUST sold my dragon age, castlevania, transformers and sf4 collectors edition on amazon (and got considerable buck, mind you) so i really got no games left I want to spare. Need to start roaming amazon's and bb's used games for flips

I use the gold Zelda DS Lite.. so.. no, you can't have that, Gamestop!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']You're claiming you traded in ~$72 worth of games and got $225 worth of hardware in exchange? Am I the only one who has a hard time believing Gamestop would ever take a hit that big? [/quote]

I wouldn't doubt it. Gamestop Canada usually has some really, really insane deals.

[quote name='JP']Here is the information I was given about upcoming trades, this deal sounds different. That might be Canadian only.[/QUOTE]

May give in and trade my DS Lite in. I got it for $60 when Walmart had those bundles on sale. Still, $200 is a bit much to dish out for a broke college student.

only ds games count for the promo?
and i thought someone said it was just for canada in another forum

edit- ah bummer it is for Canada only :/

I would be extremely surprised if the 5 game part applied in the US, they never have this good of a deal, especially on a hot new product

[quote name='confoosious']wow me too.

Like I said in another thread, GS was giving $60 for a trade in on a DSi to DSiXL.

If they're giving $125 for 5 games, I've got 5 crappy game to trade in.

(Also, they're not gonna let you trade in 10 games for $250 credit. Whoever approves that promotion would be shot.)[/QUOTE]

Or you could do it for 2 pre-orders at 2 different stores. Then cancel one put the credit on the edge card and get the deal for 10 games.

[quote name='joshnorm']Or you could do it for 2 pre-orders at 2 different stores. Then cancel one put the credit on the edge card and get the deal for 10 games.[/QUOTE]

Don't they state that if you don't trade it in when the time comes towards a certain product, that you would get the base value for the games you traded in?

I think this happened before for something else so people couldn't scam em.

This isn't like the yearly trade in special for Madden. 3DS is serious business.

[quote name='confoosious']Don't they state that if you don't trade it in when the time comes towards a certain product, that you would get the base value for the games you traded in?

I think this happened before for something else so people couldn't scam em.

This isn't like the yearly trade in special for Madden. 3DS is serious business.[/QUOTE]

Not sure you understand what he is saying.

Store 1: Trade in 5 games worth $8 for $125 toward 3DS
Store 2: Trade in 5 games worth $8 for $125 toward 3DS
Wait a few days/weeks/month
Store 2: Cancel 3DS Pre-Order and get $125 on gift card
Store 1: Use $125 gift card to pay off 3DS pre-order.

[quote name='confoosious']i'll go with JP's info.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most other searches result in this being called a GameStop Canada deal so this looks unlikely in the US.

Bummer...

[quote name='confoosious']wow me too.

(Also, they're not gonna let you trade in 10 games for $250 credit. Whoever approves that promotion would be shot.)[/QUOTE]

I hope so too.

For the $250 credit, couldnt you technically preorder it at one store with the trade in promo, then do the same thing at another store? Then you could just cancel one of them and put the credit towards the other one?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not sure you understand what he is saying.

Store 1: Trade in 5 games worth $8 for $125 toward 3DS
Store 2: Trade in 5 games worth $8 for $125 toward 3DS
Wait a few days/weeks/month
Store 2: Cancel 3DS Pre-Order and get $125 on gift card
Store 1: Use $125 gift card to pay off 3DS pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I know what he's saying.

But what I'm saying is if they were smart, when you cancel that pre-order and put it on a gift card, they'll only put $40 or whatever the base value of the games are because it wasn't put towards the item that gets the bonus. Now, I'm not 100% sure that they do this but I remember them doing it for something else (someone must have a better memory than me) but i could be wrong.

[quote name='confoosious']I know what he's saying.

But what I'm saying is if they were smart, when you cancel that pre-order and put it on a gift card, they'll only put $40 or whatever the base value of the games are because it wasn't put towards the item that gets the bonus. Now, I'm not 100% sure that they do this but I remember them doing it for something else (someone must have a better memory than me) but i could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Once the money is put on the pre-order the system doesn't know how you got the money. It doesn't know if you used cash, credit, gift cards, or a trade-in. Some people even have luck with getting cash back, but that is very very YMMV and IMO underhanded and wrong.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Kingdom Hearts:BBS
FF4 DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Afrika PS3
Mario and Luigi:BIS DS

I paid less than 20 each for all those games so I effectively get 25 bucks of the 3DS if this actually works.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you get more through other channels for all those games?

[quote name='martyback']http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8977/3dspromo.jpg

Saw this on another message board, apparently some people got an e-mail detailing that offer. Trade in a DSi XL or 5 games worth at least $8 credit and you'll get $125 towards your pre-order of a 3DS. Anyone care to confirm?

EDIT: It's been confirmed for Gamestop Canada

http://www.bargainmoose.ca/gamestop-canada-nintendo-3ds-trade-offer/

EDITEDIT: A new deal for US residents starting Jan. 24, trade in a DSi XL for $100, a DSi for $75 or a DSlite for $50 towards a pre-order of a 3DS. Not nearly as good but something.[/QUOTE]

hmmm.....any documented proof on the US deal?

This is tough... Trade in my lite for 50 bucks, but really for 30 since I'd be paying tax I'd otherwise not have to pay through amazon... or go through amazon... hmmm, amazon is sounding better...

Power to the shareholders is the best thing to come out of this thread.

fuck you, gamestop

bread's done
Back