GS/EBgames In store specials 4/13-4/19

Teknoman

CAGiversary!
[quote name='banpeikun']I just called my local Gamestop and they said Super Paper Mario is trading in at $30. So let's say you have two of them to trade, you'd get 30+15+3=48 (or possibly 49.50 if bonuses are compounded) each.

Then presumably you could buy them back for 45-4.5=40.50 each and make a profit of $9 per game.[/QUOTE]

In theory yes, but in practice....

Also, I got the new issue of GI today, looks like they have the bonus 10% coupon again. But it does say "cannot be combined with any other offer", so it might not work with the 50%

[quote name='banpeikun']I just called my local Gamestop and they said Super Paper Mario is trading in at $30. So let's say you have two of them to trade, you'd get 30+15+3=48 (or possibly 49.50 if bonuses are compounded) each.

Then presumably you could buy them back for 45-4.5=40.50 each and make a profit of $9 per game.[/QUOTE]

I should REALLY try this

When it says trade in any two games does that mean you can only trade in two at a time. Then repeat the process over and over

or

Can you just take like an even number of games, say ten, and still get the deal?

in the fine print it does say coupon must be presented and surrendered on use. not sure what that's for since you can print out as many as you want. i guess some people might bring in the actual flyer that they pick up in-store.

I'm going to trade in Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Metal Slug Anthology, Far Cry Instincts: Predator and Battle for Middle Earth 2....I know Wario Ware gets 25.00 and Metal Slug 14.00, but does anyone have any idea what the two 360 games get?

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm going to trade in Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Metal Slug Anthology, Far Cry Instincts: Predator and Battle for Middle Earth 2....I know Wario Ware gets 25.00 and Metal Slug 14.00, but does anyone have any idea what the two 360 games get?[/quote]

My guess is about $10 each or less, maybe more for Far Cry. BfME2 goes for $30 brand new I think.

I think I'll trade in Vegas & Tiger Woods 2007. I never even opened the later...

Hopefully they are both going for about $20-25+ each still.

this deal kinda blows I barely managed to break even on what I paid here is what happen on my transaction...

World Tour Soccer
trade in value= $5
bonus 50% = $2.50
extra 10% = $.50 cents

Virtua Tennis
trade in value = $4
bonus 50% =$2
extra 10% = $.40 cents

total trade in value = $14.40

I guess I'll be hanging onto those old PSP games ahh as my library is somewhat small

Any really cheap DS/PSP games to help exploit this? :p (I guess only really necessary if you have an odd number to trade in...)

I'm thinking of taking in rayman raving rabbids Wii and Sudoku Gridmaster DS even though sudoku will probably only bring in $5, but rayman would get around $36.

[quote name='CaoPi']this deal kinda blows I barely managed to break even on what I paid here is what happen on my transaction...

World Tour Soccer
trade in value= $5
bonus 50% = $2.50
extra 10% = $.50 cents

Virtua Tennis
trade in value = $4
bonus 50% =$2
extra 10% = $.40 cents

total trade in value = $14.40

I guess I'll be hanging onto those old PSP games ahh as my library is somewhat small[/QUOTE]

Like someone said earlier in this thread.. this deal is better for more newer games. A game like LoZ:TP is $27. + $13.50. + $4.05 =$44.55

I am DEF considering on getting rid of that and some others.. like Gears of War since that's $24. (i believe) $24 + $12 + $3.60 = $39.60

combine the two? $84.15
^ amazing.

Does anyone know the current trade in value for Enchanted Arms? (360 version)

I'm still waiting for the trade 3 get $10, but I'm pretty sure they'll limit it to 360/wii/ps3/psp/ds and it'll be useless

Wow. I bought Oblivion used from GS at the beginning of December for $29.67 including tax. If I traded it in now with the 50% off I could make $7.83 in profit.

I also got Viva Piñata for $15 plus tax. That means I'd get $52.50 if I traded them in. That would pretty much cover the cost it took to obtain them 6 months ago. Then I could pick up Viva cheap again now that it's $20, and wait for a price-drop on Oblivion.

Tempting. Though I would miss Oblivion.

I suppose I can expect a price-drop on Oblivion soon. I guess I could manage without it for a few months.

Should I go for it?

Well I already got rid of all my Wii games I no longer want... but according to their site Diddy Kong Racing (DS) gets $15 and Wario Master of Disguise (DS) gets $15. 15+15+15(7.50+7.50)=$45. I don't have an Edge Card and don't want to pay for one... doesn't seem worth it. $45 isn't bad for 2 DS games, 5 more dollars from me and I get a preorder on Pokemon Battle Revolution.

[quote name='banpeikun']in the fine print it does say coupon must be presented and surrendered on use. not sure what that's for since you can print out as many as you want. i guess some people might bring in the actual flyer that they pick up in-store.[/QUOTE]

You can only get the coupon from the website these won't be available in-store my friend.

Keep the trade values coming in - I think everyone can see the use of an updated CAG trade-in price wiki when deals like this come around. You can look through your collection and figure out what might be worth bringing in. Sure, you can call about a few things, but it is much better to have a list with lots of up-to-date prices on it. If no one else does it, I will update the wiki with the prices posted in this thread a bit later tonight. But if you do call to verify or check on a price please post that here as well. And please post all prices (as people have been doing already) BEFORE any potential bonus.

Here you go, io. The values are the same as they currently are, but now you can update the "current as of" date.

Condemned (360) - $8
Call of Duty 2 (360) - $7

Edit: These trade values are current as of today, 4/13.

[quote name='DX']Can someone give me a link to the wiki page with the prices?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Dude, just click the button at the top of the page that says "CAGWIKI".

[quote name='ThePoisonNinja']Isn't tomorrow the last day of the trade 2 360 games get $10 deal too? I hope it stacks with this coupon.[/quote]

The fine print of the coupon says "Not Valid with Other Offer" so I doubt it big time unless you get a clerk who is a complete 'tard.

OK, I updated the CAGwiki through this post and even pulled the latest values for DS and 360 from EB's web site. I'm being called away from the computer now so I'll xfer the rest of the EB web site values over later.

[quote name='cdeener']Dude, just click the button at the top of the page that says "CAGWIKI".[/QUOTE]

Oops....thanks.

[quote name='graf1k']Hey does anyone know if EB takes games without manuals and cases?[/quote]
Yes they do, and I don't think it affects the trade in price.

I'm thinking my psp and ds trades will be held off until the "trade 3 get +$10"; I just hope they'll take original Xbox games with that deal.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Yes they do, and I don't think it affects the trade in price.

I'm thinking my psp and ds trades will be held off until the "trade 3 get +$10"; I just hope they'll take original Xbox games with that deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, do that. Again this deal is really only for newer games to get the most of out of the value :)

After trading in my 4 games (Wario Ware, Metal SLug, Far Cry, LotR Battle for Middle Earth) I got a little over 90.00...sweeeet.

[quote name='seanr1221']After trading in my 4 games (Wario Ware, Metal SLug, Far Cry, LotR Battle for Middle Earth) I got a little over 90.00...sweeeet.[/QUOTE]

Details!
Did you do 2 transactions with 2 coupons?

And are you able to mix??

[quote name='io']OK, I updated the CAGwiki through this post and even pulled the latest values for DS and 360 from EB's web site. I'm being called away from the computer now so I'll xfer the rest of the EB web site values over later.[/quote]

io, here are some Xbox trade in values I got today, all pre bonus.

SNK vs Capcom SVC - $4
Evil Dead Regeneration - $2
R: Racing Evolution - $2
Matrix: Path of Neo - $2
GTA: San Andreas - $8
Castlevania - $6
Serious Sam 2 - $2
World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 - $4
Darkwatch - $3
The Warriors - $2.50
Sphinx on the Curse of something - $0.75
Dead or Alive 3 - $1.50
Tiger Woods 05 - $0.75
Max Payne 2 - $0.50
Sonic Heroes - $4
Lego Star Wars 1 - $7
KOTOR2 - $5
Far Cry Instincts - $2.50
Heroes of the Pacific - $8
Area 51 - $3

Thanks for updating the Wiki. :)

I had to use a coupon for each pair, and didn't try to mix

So it looked like this

Metal Slug Anthology
- Trade price: 14.00
- 50%: 7.00
- Edge Card: 1.40
- Total: 22.40 (I bought the game for 30.00 months ago!)

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
- Trade Price: 25.00
- 50%: 12.50
- Edge: 2.50
- Total: 40.00 (!!!WHAT I PAID ON LAUNCH!!)

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II and Far Cry Instincts both traded for 10.00 before the bonus, so this was no different then the trade two 360 games, get 10.00 extra deal.

However, after it was all said and done, I made 93.00, spent 42.00 on a used Godfather (wii) and have 50.00 to spare!

[quote name='benjamouth']io, here are some Xbox trade in values I got today, all pre bonus.

SNK vs Capcom SVC - $4
Evil Dead Regeneration - $2
R: Racing Evolution - $2
Matrix: Path of Neo - $2
GTA: San Andreas - $8
Castlevania - $6
Serious Sam 2 - $2
World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 - $4
Darkwatch - $3
The Warriors - $2.50
Sphinx on the Curse of something - $0.75
Dead or Alive 3 - $1.50
Tiger Woods 05 - $0.75
Max Payne 2 - $0.50
Sonic Heroes - $4
Lego Star Wars 1 - $7
KOTOR2 - $5
Far Cry Instincts - $2.50
Heroes of the Pacific - $8
Area 51 - $3

Thanks for updating the Wiki. :)[/quote]

Wouldn't you rather save your library than get such a puny amount of $$$?

Here is the deal I got. I brought in Wario Ware Smooth Moves and Oblivion (360). I got $40 for each title ($25 + $12.50 + $2.50) with coupon and Edge card. I put my credits toward Forza. Not a bad deal.

sweet, i got 75 bucks for cod3 (45) and graw2 (got it for a little under 30). im gonna wait for command and conquer 3 to come out for 360.

They must be lowering trade in values alongside these "deals" because I was offered a measly $20 before bonus for Crackdown and $6 for Chromehounds. These games sell for $55 and $26 used. The bonus brought them up to the bare minimum (and what I expected before the coupon) I was going to trade them for, about $30 and $10.

I walked out and laughed. GameStop is becoming such a joke.

[quote name='the_mailman']sweet, i got 75 bucks for cod3 (45) and graw2 (got it for a little under 30). im gonna wait for command and conquer 3 to come out for 360.[/QUOTE]

How did you get 45 for COD3 if the trade went down to like 18.

Went today to trade in 2 DS games, and when I gave the guy the coupon, he told me that the promotion wouldn't start until Sunday.

[quote name='arukasxsaku']Went today to trade in 2 DS games, and when I gave the guy the coupon, he told me that the promotion wouldn't start until Sunday.[/QUOTE]
You didn't bring the whole flyer? It clearly states 4/13-4/19 on it.

wii:
chicken little 10
ice age 2 11
spongebob 11
gt pro 10 ( i think)
barnyard 12

That is what it shows on my reciept from this week, before they price adjusted for the trade 2 get 1 free deal.

May do this for zelda and mario as i now have spare copies of theses after previous deal would rather have credit to use toward bioshock in august.

[quote name='jer7583']They must be lowering trade in values alongside these "deals" because I was offered a measly $20 before bonus for Crackdown and $6 for Chromehounds. These games sell for $55 and $26 used. The bonus brought them up to the bare minimum (and what I expected before the coupon) I was going to trade them for, about $30 and $10.

I walked out and laughed. GameStop is becoming such a joke.[/QUOTE]

In updating the Wiki I've seen a lot of $1-$2 drops, but many of the older quotes were from as far back as Oct/Nov (for example Far Cry Instincts 360 down $2 from last October - not bad). There are other things that have dropped a ton since a year ago, as to be expected.

There are some exceptions though. Brain Age went up $1 from the end of last year, R Racing Evo for Xbox up from 50 cents last summer to $2 now, Max Payne 2 unchanged from several months ago at 50 cents ;). Oh, and it appears they give $2 more for Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PS2 now (it is featured on their web page trade-in list now and is up $2 from $25 last June :lol:).

Wiki updated with all prices too here including their web site quotes...

[quote name='SpazX']I'm still waiting for the trade 3 get $10, but I'm pretty sure they'll limit it to 360/wii/ps3/psp/ds and it'll be useless[/quote] It's been discussed here several times, most all future trade-in deals that are worth doing will be limited to those systems. They're trying to get rid of their stock on games for the older systems so they have no reason to give extra for them anymore.

The good news is that the deal like that usually starts with something like trade 3 get $15 or somewhere around there then the offers get lower as the systems age.

[quote name='jer7583']They must be lowering trade in values alongside these "deals" because I was offered a measly $20 before bonus for Crackdown and $6 for Chromehounds. These games sell for $55 and $26 used. The bonus brought them up to the bare minimum (and what I expected before the coupon) I was going to trade them for, about $30 and $10.

I walked out and laughed. GameStop is becoming such a joke.[/quote]

I've stopped dealing with them almost completely because of this (and the low trade in prices to begin with). It's a joke for them to give you $6 and then turn around and sell the game for 400% of what they just gave you.

...Yet people still trade in games there and have no problems with it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']
...Yet people still trade in games there and have no problems with it.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's been shown many times that these deals are not always so bad. Look at my case, I broke even on Wario Ware after having is since it came out.

In the case of Battlefield 2, you're not ALWAYS going to get a good deal, but if you're wondering why people still trade them in, it's a hell of a lot easier then going to eBay.

[quote name='seanr1221']Eh, it's been shown many times that these deals are not always so bad. Look at my case, I broke even on Wario Ware after having is since it came out.

In the case of Battlefield 2, you're not ALWAYS going to get a good deal, but if you're wondering why people still trade them in, it's a hell of a lot easier then going to eBay.[/quote]

This is true only if they are running some sort of "deal". If you had taken your WW up there on a normal day, and they offered you $25(?), would you have still done the deal? Most, if not all of the games people are mentioning here are "newer" titles that are coming up with the best deals. I'm sure GS will sack these trade in prices shortly once they realize they aren't able to make a huge markup on the resale.

bread's done
Back