GS/EBgames In store specials 4/13-4/19

Teknoman

CAGiversary!
[quote name='regisphilbi0']Wow.. thanks for figuring that out! Now I just need to find a ride (I HATE not having a car). For the DS promotion... can I trade it in, only need to pay $69.99 and then do the trade promos so that I can only pay a few bucks out of pocket?[/QUOTE]

Trade the games first and get that credit then walk to the car or "happen to see the DS promo" afterwards... Then run to the car and grab your coincidentally complete DS package and bring it back in and use your credit.

At least thats how I would do it. With so many stories of people getting various responses and you not having a ride that may be willing to drive around.

[quote name='Snake2715']Trade the games first and get that credit then walk to the car or "happen to see the DS promo" afterwards... Then run to the car and grab your coincidentally complete DS package and bring it back in and use your credit.

At least thats how I would do it. With so many stories of people getting various responses and you not having a ride that may be willing to drive around.[/QUOTE]
Alright, thanks, I'll try that. I appreciate the help.

[quote name='monkeydeew']has anyone tried papermario and zelda?
30(1.5)+3 + 27(1.5)+2.7 = 91.20?[/quote]

I did that on Sunday!

Anyone know if Castlevania DoS is getting anything for trade? Every time I start playing this game, for some reason, I just can't get into it. I'm thinking about trading in and waiting for a B2G1 sale (I need a few PSP and DS games).

Edit: Never mind, just found that the CAGWiki has been updated ... I can get 11+ for it which is more than I paid, Rock On!

Just got my Game Informer in the mail and it includes one of those "Extra 10% discount on used games" coupons. Make sure you take credit onto your edge card so you can use this coupon on a seperate transaction. Woohoo! Good month for EBGames.

[quote name='walletandgromice']Wii:
SSX Blur $22 before extra 50%
Zelda still $27

360:
Full Auto $10
Quake 4 $6
GoW $24

I only wound up trading Blur, Zelda and Full Auto.

Also helped a guy out who had a stack of 16 games to trade and hadn't heard of the deal. Glad I brought two print outs![/quote]

I did Warioware (Wii) and Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Wii).
I bought Paper Mario new and a used copy of Meteos Disney Edition. (But I get a 15% employee discount) I had to pay 32 cents.

hi guys .. so i was quoted $8 for MADDEN 07 and $15 for NBA 2K7 .. this is w/out the +50% so it would be a total of $34.50.

I asked about the EDGE card, sales person said i'd have to subscribe to GAME INFORMER - i thought the EDGE membership would be free .. oh well .. alson does anyone know how much more value will add up if i put my CREDIT towards FORZA 2?

[quote name='sammysalsa']hi guys .. so i was quoted $8 for MADDEN 07 and $15 for NBA 2K7 .. this is w/out the +50% so it would be a total of $34.50.

I asked about the EDGE card, sales person said i'd have to subscribe to GAME INFORMER - i thought the EDGE membership would be free .. oh well .. alson does anyone know how much more value will add up if i put my CREDIT towards FORZA 2?[/quote]

umm, you have to do the preorder of forza 2 in the same transaction as when you traded your games in; and i believe it would be +10%

and no, you have to pay for the Edge card...or else everyone would get 10% off (not that it would bother me, but it would bother EB)

Here are my trades with the 50% bonus coupon and 10% Edge card stacked.

Wii
Rayman Rabbids $22.00 + $11.00 + $2.20 = $35.20
Wario Ware $25.00 + $12.50 + $2.50 = $40.00

Xbox360
Tiger Woods 2007 $18.00 + $9.00 + $1.80 = $28.80
Madden NFL 2007 $8.00 + $4.00 + $0.80 = $12.80

PSP
Ace Combat X $15.00 + $7.50 + $1.50 = $24.00
Field Commander $8.00 + $4.00 + 0.80 = $12.80
Gradius Collections $$6.00 + $3.00 +0.60 = $9.60
Ridge Racer $3.00 + $1.50 + $0.30 = $4.80

Total: $165.00

FYI. if you're trading in 2 xbox360 games make sure you tell them you want to use the coupon and not the $10 bonus deal... Unless the $10 bonus deal is more then the 50% credit.

[quote name='plastikpyro']Here are my trades with the 50% bonus coupon and 10% Edge card stacked.

Wii
Rayman Rabbids $22.00 + $11.00 + $2.20 = $35.20
Wario Ware $25.00 + $12.50 + $2.50 = $40.00

Xbox360
Tiger Woods 2007 $18.00 + $9.00 + $1.80 = $28.80
Madden NFL 2007 $8.00 + $4.00 + $0.80 = $12.80

PSP
Ace Combat X $15.00 + $7.50 + $1.50 = $24.00
Field Commander $12.80 + $8.00 + 0.80 = $12.80
Gradius Collections $$6.00 + $3.00 +0.60 = $9.60
Ridge Racer $3.00 + $1.50 + $0.30 = $4.80

Total: $165.00[/quote]

problem w/ field commander? ;)

My friend was just trying to trade in Battlestations: Midway and Saints Row and they told him the promo was over. Seems like he was lied to if everyone got deals today.

[quote name='TahoeMax']My friend was just trying to trade in Battlestations: Midway and Saints Row and they told him the promo was over. Seems like he was lied to if everyone got deals today.[/QUOTE]

You need a coupon to do this.

For the record, anyone have any luck getting an emp to do more than two games per coupon? ie; has anyone been able to do, say 8 games on one coupon? My cousin was able to trade 4 games on one coupon, but I'm almost 100% sure it was because the EMP didn't really care about rules of any sort (he was the kinda "druggie" type of person).

I got in excess of like 20 games I want to take in, but I want to be sure before hand.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']You need a coupon to do this.

For the record, anyone have any luck getting an emp to do more than two games per coupon? ie; has anyone been able to do, say 8 games on one coupon? My cousin was able to trade 4 games on one coupon, but I'm almost 100% sure it was because the EMP didn't really care about rules of any sort (he was the kinda "druggie" type of person).

I got in excess of like 20 games I want to take in, but I want to be sure before hand.[/quote]

I only traded in 2 games, but the guy gave me back the coupon and said to keep it in case I wanted to use it again.

Some values for the CAG Wiki: (prices as of 4/17/07)

Godfather PS3: $27
Godfather Wii: $24
Def Jam Icon PS3: $22
Def Jam Icon 360: $25
NBA Street Homecourt PS3: $26
NBA Street Homecourt 360: $20
Medal of Honor Vanguard Wii: $25

So the coupon says offer expires 4/19. Will they still take it on the 19th or is the 18th the last day? I'm just curious if they won't let me do 4 in one trade and someone said the guy told them one use of the coupon per day, meaning I'd have to make 2 trips.

[quote name='graf1k']So the coupon says offer expires 4/19. Will they still take it on the 19th or is the 18th the last day? I'm just curious if they won't let me do 4 in one trade and someone said the guy told them one use of the coupon per day, meaning I'd have to make 2 trips.[/quote]

The deal ends on the 19th. A new Weekly ad will be put up on the 20th and all other deals will be expired.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']You need a coupon to do this.

I got in excess of like 20 games I want to take in, but I want to be sure before hand.[/QUOTE]

I imagine this is pretty YMMV. I traded in 4 games on one coupon but only because I chose not to trade in 6 other games I had. They would've taken the rest of my games all on the same coupon if I wanted to trade them in. At any rate, you can try taking in multiple copies of the coupon if they try to deny you. If one store gives you a hassle then try another store. I'd do it today so that you have a one day buffer in case they limit you on how many games they'll allow you to trade in.

[quote name='swetooth9']umm, you have to do the preorder of forza 2 in the same transaction as when you traded your games in; and i believe it would be +10%

and no, you have to pay for the Edge card...or else everyone would get 10% off (not that it would bother me, but it would bother EB)[/quote]
hey thanks ... that's what the sales person told me -"i'd have to put the whole value towards FORZA 2".

thanks again

Here's my experience this evening:

Traded in 4 360 games. At first the guy tried to take all four games at once, but since the coupon code only works with 2 games at a time, it overrode the promo with the $10 extra deal on 360 games. Took the guy a few tries to figure this out, even after I casually suggested to try it in two separate transactions.

Although they were willing to do the promo multiple times, they did require hard copies of the coupon, so luckily I had several copies on me at the time.

Here are the trade in values I got today (not including bonus credit):

PGR - $8
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (LE) - $9
WWE SvR '07 - $16
NBA 2K7 - $15

I'm going to try taking in the following today, will update the Wiki when I get back:
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
Death Jr.
GTA: Vice City Stories (PSP) or Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (if MM is almost the same value as GTA)

I'll be sticking this on my edge card credit and waiting for a B2G1 for all used games (I wanna get Killzone: Liberation, Fireteam Bravo 2, and possibly Rachet & Clank).

Here's my Round 2 Results:

4/16
Touch Detective - $10
Saint's Row - $16

I think SR is already posted, but TD's date can be updated.

I traded in four games at once and they didn't have a problem. Didn't even need the second coupon. The guy even asked me if I wanted to preorder something and get an another 20% on top of the 50% from the coupon and the 10% from the edge card but apparently it wouldn't give the last 20% so no dice on that. Still here's what I got. As best as I can figure the GMR 10% is the edge card.

Lost Planet CE = $24
Bonus = $12
GMR 10% = $2.40
Total = $38.40

Virtua Tennis 3 (360)= $20
Bonus = $10
GMR 10% = $2
Total = $32

Just Cause (360) = $10
Bonus = $5
GMR 10% = $1
Total = $16

Rainbow Six: Vegas (360) = $25
Bonus = $12.50
GMR 10% = $2.50
Total = $40

Grand Total = $126.40

I was expecting a little more as I honestly thought they'd pay a little extra for Lost Planet CE and I figured Just Cause would be more like $15, but apparently not. Also $20 for Virtua Tennis 3 seems pretty low considering how new it is but hey, whatever. I still might go back tomorrow and trade Tiger Woods 2007 if I can find another game to go with it.

Oh and thanks to a fellow CAG earlier in the thread, I found out there is absolutely no trade-in value penalty for not having the case. I kept the Rainbow Six case so I could have a normal one for Viva Pinata. If I trade in Tiger Woods tomorrow, I'll keep that one too to have normal case for Gears of War or Oblivion.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']This may sound like a dumb question, but can anyone update the Wiki?[/quote]
Look a few posts above you, io updated the Wiki at 3:50AM CT, with everything that was known to that point. I'm sure he'll get to it (or someone else) as time allows.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I'm going to try taking in the following today, will update the Wiki when I get back:
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
Death Jr.
GTA: Vice City Stories (PSP) or Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (if MM is almost the same value as GTA)

I'll be sticking this on my edge card credit and waiting for a B2G1 for all used games (I wanna get Killzone: Liberation, Fireteam Bravo 2, and possibly Rachet & Clank).[/QUOTE]

what were the trade in values on those PSP games?

Most recent values as of today 04/18/07
Gamecube:
Lego Star Was (Second Trilogy) $8
Xmen Legends $2

DS:
Bomberman $5
World Championship Poker $2.5

Wii:
Zelda Twilight Princess $26

[quote name='plastikpyro']what were the trade in values on those PSP games?[/quote]
All for PSP (except Castlevania):
GTA: Vice City Stories - 11
SOCOM: FTB - 6
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - 6
Death Jr - 5
Sega Genesis Collection - 10
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - 7

All-in-all I walked out with $72 in credit. I'm jonesin' for them to have a B2G1 sale now. The manager was really cool too, he told the guy ringing me up to just do it all on one transaction and to manually discount the 4 that didn't update. The guy applied to coupon and it applied to all without any intervention.

I asked if I applied the credit towards Halo 3 if it would add 20%, he said it wouldn't since I got the 50% coupon, it was worth a try.

[quote name='geekeezoid']i traded in 12 games all at once and had no problem... so i dont think it has to be 2 at a time per coupon...[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if there are ways around it (i.e. manual discounting), but the guy I saw did everything by the book and the system was preventing him from doing all trades in one transaction. Each time he tried, it would only pull up the $10 promo. It did work when he limited it to 2 games at a time. And no, I don't think the manager was on shift because it was pretty close to closing time...

That was just my experience anyway...:cool:

Alright, check this out, another great shopping spree at EB/GS!

Trade in-value
NFS: Carbon-17
Just Cause-10
COD2-7
Oblivion-25
total would have been $59 if I wasn't a CAG

Here is what I did;
used the coupon +50%,
then the edge card +10%
preordered Halo3 +20%

my preown total was 131.67

Also paid off Halo3 and Forza2 saved another $12 in tax.:applause:

A new price for the wiki:

Excite Truck - $17

And rayman is still $22 so it didn't drop in the past couple days :p

I got lucky as hell though, there was only one guy there, no manager, and it seems like I was the first person to use that coupon. So he put it in, but I guess he didn't hit whatever button you have to to total it up, so he also did a manual override for the 50%, then when he totaled it the coupon went into effect so I ended up with an extra 100% trade-in plus the 10% edge. So it went:

Rayman - $22 + $11 + $11 + $3.30 = $47.30

Excite Truck - $17 + $8.50 + $8.50 + $2.55 = $36.55

Total: $83.85

Will they check up on that? I hope the dude doesn't get fired (and the extra credit doesn't somehow get taken away...).

[quote name='SpazX']A new price for the wiki:

Excite Truck - $17

And rayman is still $22 so it didn't drop in the past couple days :p

I got lucky as hell though, there was only one guy there, no manager, and it seems like I was the first person to use that coupon. So he put it in, but I guess he didn't hit whatever button you have to to total it up, so he also did a manual override for the 50%, then when he totaled it the coupon went into effect so I ended up with an extra 100% trade-in plus the 10% edge. So it went:

Rayman - $22 + $11 + $11 + $3.30 = $47.30

Excite Truck - $17 + $8.50 + $8.50 + $2.55 = $36.55

Total: $83.85

Will they check up on that? I hope the dude doesn't get fired (and the extra credit doesn't somehow get taken away...).[/quote]

good for you but...

you hope the dude doesnt get fired yet you don't tell him that he made a mistake? Atless be honest and say i dont give a shit if the guy gets fired cause i made my 100% profit. you're sick.

and just to let you know GS/EB checks on everything every week and if they find a mistake they'll take away your credit and they'll take away your edge card without any refund and plus they'll put up a big ass picture of your fugly face in front of the counter so you'll never be allowed to shop there. :roll:

Just got back:

Phantasy Star Universe (360) - $14 + 60% = $22.40

Resistance - $24 + 60% = $38.40

Castlevania: DoS - $7 + 60% = $14.50

Total: $75. 30

[quote name='zewone']Just got back:

Total: $75. 30[/QUOTE]

Very nice. Makes me wish I picked up PSU last week when it was $12.99!. And that's still a damn good price for Castlevania!

good for you but...

you hope the dude doesnt get fired yet you don't tell him that he made a mistake? Atless be honest and say i dont give a shit if the guy gets fired cause i made my 100% profit. you're sick.

and just to let you know GS/EB checks on everything every week and if they find a mistake they'll take away your credit and they'll take away your edge card without any refund and plus they'll put up a big ass picture of your fugly face in front of the counter so you'll never be allowed to shop there. :roll:[/quote]

BS.

[quote name='dm877']good for you but...

and just to let you know GS/EB checks on everything every week and if they find a mistake they'll take away your credit and they'll take away your edge card without any refund and plus they'll put up a big ass picture of your fugly face in front of the counter so you'll never be allowed to shop there. :roll:[/quote]

BS.

[quote name='chior']Miracle happens here.;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know. That's over 100%, that's what's on my receipt, I'm not sure what happened. Looking at my receipt, it looks like he manually overrid the bonus and then when he totaled it, the coupons bonus came in. I didn't notice until right now. Would have been nice if he did that for all my games. :)

[quote name='zewone']Just got back:

Total: $75. 30[/quote]

Man what the heck, I traded in PSU for 360 at the end of March (3 weeks ago) and I only got a $10 base trade-in value! Very surprised to see the trade-in value of this game raised.

I updated some prices today:

Fight Night Round 3 (360) - $12 + 50% = $18.00
Super Mario 64 DS (DS) - $9 + 50% = $13.50
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble (GC) - $3

came to $34.50

I picked up the older Paper Mario (GC)
and
$14.80 in credit.

Something to note was the clerk was a newb and gave the the most serious WTF look i've ever seen given anywhere, anytime. His voice quivered when he asked his manager if he had seen the coupon. I was also quite tempted to take in Gears but it makes me feel like such a badass.

[quote name='dm877']good for you but...

What's your problem? He didn't do anything wrong, the employee screwed up. If they make a mistake, you don't tell them. Spaz probably didn't even realize until he saw the reciept anyway. You think he should go back into the store asking if he can give back his credit. What kind of cheap ass gamer are you?

bread's done
Back