GS Game Days Sale Dec. 17-24

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
https://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

Highlights:

Hardware
(PUR members only) Buy XB1X for $499.99, get download code for Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, and a $50 off next purchase coupon to your PUR active offers by Christmas. $50 off coupon valid 12-26 through 1-1.

All PS4 1TB Slims for $249.99
Buy PS4 Pro for $399.99, get CoD WW iI free (if you buy by the 19th also choice of FIFA 18 or Battlefront 2)
PSVR Gran Turismo bundle $199.99
PS Plus 1 year code $39.99
GS exclusive 1TB XB1S Shadow of War bundle $299.99
XB1S 500GB Minecraft bundle $199.99
$10 off all new XB1 wireless controllers
New Nintendo 3DS XL in Black or Galaxy Purple $174.99
HTC Vive $599.99 w/$100 GS giftcard and Fallout 4 VR code

Games
CoD WW II (vanilla) $39.99
Destiny 2 (vanilla) $29.99
Battlefront 2 (vanilla) $34.99
Shadow of War (vanilla) $29.99
Evil Within 2 $29.99
Wolfenstein 2 $34.99
South Park The Fractured But Whole (vanilla) $29.99
Need for Speed (vanilla) $29.99
CoD Modern Warfare Remastered $29.99
Battlefield 1 Revolution (season pass version) $29.99
LEGO Ninjago Movie $29.99
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (vanilla) $39.99
LEGO City Undercover $19.99
LEGO Worlds $19.99
Cars 3 $29.99
Has Been Heroes (GS Exclusive) $9.99
Sims 4 (vanilla) $29.99
Madden NFL 17 w/free MUT Starter Pack $39.99
The Invisible Hours VR (GS exclusive) $14.99
Skyrim VR $39.99
Sony PlayLink games (Hidden Agenda, That's You, Knowledge is Power, Singstar Celebration) $14.99 each
.hack//G.U. Last Recode $39.99
Overwatch GOTY $29.99
Fallout 4 GOTY $34.99
Nier Automata $29.99
Persona 5 $29.99
World of Final Fantasy (PS4) $19.99
Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 or 2.8 $24.99 each
Everybody's Golf $19.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (vanilla) $24.99
Witcher 3 Complete $24.99
Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind $29.99
Forza Horizon 3 $29.99
Forza Motorsport 7 $39.99
Hitman Year 1 Steelbook $19.99
Fortnite $39.99
Assassin's Creed Origins (vanilla) $44.99
Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy or Batman Season 2 $19.99 each
Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 3 $14.99
Little Nightmares Complete Edition $19.99
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle $44.99
Telltatle Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 Complete or Batman Season 1 Complete on Switch $29.99 each
Rayman Legends Switch $24.99
Power A Wired Switch controllers $19.99 each
GAEMS M155 1080p Pro HD Gaming Monitor (GS Exclusive) $199.99
TB Recon 60p Gaming Headset (GS exclusive color) $49.99
XB! Afterglow Burnt Orange AG9+ headset (GS exclusive) $69.99

Collectibles
B1G1 50% off on Statues, Figures, Plushes, PoP! Vinyls, Puzzle/Board Games, Hats, Socks, and Bags
50% off Holiday items
20% off select Star Wars toys
30% off select Toys for All Ages
B1G1F on all Clearance Collectibles
40% off Household Geeky Gifts

All preownded games $9.99 or less are 4 for $20
Free 1 year Product Replacement plan w/purchase of any used system.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wither 3 Complete was $20 a few weeks ago digital and $16 with GCU sometime this summer. Too bad you missed those since you are still holding out.
yeah i missed it now the lowest it gets is $25 but i will wait

i am debating whether to pick up ROTTR now for $16 at bestbu or wait till it gets to 15.99 than use gcu

but i haven't seen it below 20 anywhere

Did you just bring in the receipt or did you have to bring the console in as well?
Mine was sealed so I brought it in. I'm pretty sure they need to scan in the serial # to return/rebuy but could be wrong. The serial # should be on the receipt so I would try with the receipt only first and worst case bring in the box or console.

It still seems hard to find Nier.

(Also, there's no such thing as a good Uncharted game. Naughty Dog hasn't made anything worth playing since Jak 3.)

It still seems hard to find Nier.

(Also, there's no such thing as a good Uncharted game. Naughty Dog hasn't made anything worth playing since Jak 3.)
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. But seriously? The Last of Us? WTF, Jak 3? No good Uncharted game? Such a hipster comment.

south-park-s10e02c01-thanks-16x9.jpg

Closest thing to something good they've made is "Left Behind" which wasn't saddled with the shortcomings of TLoU (namely the illusion of freedom, giving you the option of stealthing just up to the point where the game wants to remind you that as a player your agency is always limited, which was handled at least conceptually well with the ending, but incredibly poorly in the gameplay up to that point) or the poor writing that has plagued UC since the first game. Obviously the games look great, but mechanically they are rough to play, a problem with a good number of third person shooters so that's not just a Naughty Dog thing, and it's hard to be sympathetic or a character who is a mass murdering machine. I get why people like Naughty Dog games, they guide you down a path and look pretty, but even compared to something like the more recent Tomb Raiders, which very clearly ape a ton from UC, they feel so far behind and limited in scope. Some of this is rectified in TLL, like in the more open areas of UC4, but even that has a problem kicking all the bad habits that have come to mark PS3 and beyond era Naughty Dog.

Not really sure what the problem with Jak 3 is, aside from it not being as good as Jak 2 or any of the R&C PS2 titles. Crash Team Racing is also a good game; however, the original Crash games, while admirable at the time for what they did, are also not good games.

2 delivered in it's third act what was promised in Drake's Fortune, an actual lost city. If it sucked they wouldn't have re-did it in 3. I also had no problems with the final boss fight since I never play an Uncharted game on a difficulty higher than normal.
Yeah, a lost city with a huge open sky, okay.

I had to call 3 stores, but gamestop eventually allowed me to return/rebuy my Scorpio edition for the promo. The promo seemed to have trouble because the console was a Scorpio edition, so they had to run it through as an X1X.

Uncharted 3 is my favorite Naughty Dog game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don’t know how you go to sleep at night with your non-mainstream video game opinion.

Closest thing to something good they've made is "Left Behind" which wasn't saddled with the shortcomings of TLoU (namely the illusion of freedom, giving you the option of stealthing just up to the point where the game wants to remind you that as a player your agency is always limited, which was handled at least conceptually well with the ending, but incredibly poorly in the gameplay up to that point) or the poor writing that has plagued UC since the first game. Obviously the games look great, but mechanically they are rough to play, a problem with a good number of third person shooters so that's not just a Naughty Dog thing, and it's hard to be sympathetic or a character who is a mass murdering machine. I get why people like Naughty Dog games, they guide you down a path and look pretty, but even compared to something like the more recent Tomb Raiders, which very clearly ape a ton from UC, they feel so far behind and limited in scope. Some of this is rectified in TLL, like in the more open areas of UC4, but even that has a problem kicking all the bad habits that have come to mark PS3 and beyond era Naughty Dog.

Not really sure what the problem with Jak 3 is, aside from it not being as good as Jak 2 or any of the R&C PS2 titles. Crash Team Racing is also a good game; however, the original Crash games, while admirable at the time for what they did, are also not good games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

So some different games went on sale this week like FF XII for $25, MvC Infinite Deluxe for $50, & the CE for $100. The GS exclusive Ghost Recon CE is also $100, if you don't want a statue of Death.

If I buy a new Uncharted Collection am I going to get a used copy?
Those ass hats Definitely tried to pull that shit on me today when I went to pick up a copy. He tried to keep it hidden until after I swiped but nah buddy I said "if thats the open copy y'all use and pass around Ima need an unopened one" he then says oh all of them are like this" i then look down and it rings up $19.99 I said its supposed to be 9.99 then he gets his stupid look on his face and pulls out an unopened copy. Exactly why I hate that store but some deals u can't pass up.

Those ass hats Definitely tried to pull that shit on me today when I went to pick up a copy. He tried to keep it hidden until after I swiped but nah buddy I said "if thats the open copy y'all use and pass around Ima need an unopened one" he then says oh all of them are like this" i then look down and it rings up $19.99 I said its supposed to be 9.99 then he gets his stupid look on his face and pulls out an unopened copy. Exactly why I hate that store but some deals u can't pass up.
Once you break open the plastic, it's used. When will those idiots ever learn that? It's the main reason I hate GameStop; that, and those stupid price stickers they put on their games that are impossible to come off and ruin the integrity of the case. I can't believe they've been allowed to last this long.

Once you break open the plastic, it's used. When will those idiots ever learn that? It's the main reason I hate GameStop; that, and those stupid price stickers they put on their games that are impossible to come off and ruin the integrity of the case. I can't believe they've been allowed to last this long.
I sell items on craigslist, and about 90% of the stuff I sell is new new, as in brand new in box, still in the plastic wrap, whatever. I either get asked "what do you mean by 'brand new'" when messaged (as that's the condition I specify in my ad), or when I meet the person to sell the item they're like "Wow this is brand new". I bring this up, because it seems like the vast majority of the population has this skewed perception when it comes to the condition of pretty much anything anymore. It's not a hard concept to grasp, but because of sleaze bag companies like GS, or losers on craigslist that lie about the condition of an item, your average Joe somehow doesn't understand what constitutes new and what doesn't (or just overestimates the condition of their items if they're the ones selling, saying it's in better condition than it actually is).

Honestly, I give GS credit for improving the stickers that they use. As you say, the older ones were a menace, and they would often get affixed directly to the artwork (such a monstrous practice). The new stickers come off a lot easier and leave a lot less residue, and the only sticker-to-artwork jobs I've seen have been from long-sitting inventory. Minor praise against the backdrop of all of their other terrible practices (I do love ranting about their "refurbishing" skills), but credit where it's due.

Did anyone who did a return/rebuy on their Xbox one x Scorpio ed get the $50 coupon in the PUR yet? The offer said it would be in the active offers by 12/25 but I have not received mine yet. I did the return/rebuy on Thursday 12/21 and the PUBG game code printed on the receipt but the $50 future use coupon is nowhere to be found

Did anyone who did a return/rebuy on their Xbox one x Scorpio ed get the $50 coupon in the PUR yet? The offer said it would be in the active offers by 12/25 but I have not received mine yet. I did the return/rebuy on Thursday 12/21 and the PUBG game code printed on the receipt but the $50 future use coupon is nowhere to be found
I haven’t.

I haven’t.
Ok thanks. I'm hoping they didn't need to scan something special for the $50 coupon. Hopefully its just worded incorrectly and it will go live on 12/26 which is the first day it's valid. Hey spies..can you please make yourself/selves useful and check into the $50 coupon and see what the deal is and why it hasn't shown up yet?

Just an update in re my post about missing Xbox 1 x missing $50 coupon. The $50 off future purchase coupon good from 12/26 to 12/31 recently showed up in my PUR available offers

What all is "40% off Household Geeky Gifts"? exactly?

I saw a Mario lamp at Gamestop for $40 I liked, but not for $40! Would the 40% apply to things like that or what exactly?

One would think s

What all is "40% off Household Geeky Gifts"? exactly?

I saw a Mario lamp at Gamestop for $40 I liked, but not for $40! Would the 40% apply to things like that or what exactly?
One would think so. I would call the store and ask, but you might not get what you seek.

Need advice on few games thank you for your help

1. Rise of the tomb raider ps4. With GCU i can get it for 15.99 what are the chances of it becoming $15.99 without GCU anytime soon or is this the loweSt it's gonna be for a while

2. How's everybody's golf worth $20?

3.I am looking to buying witcher 3 complete edition bestbuy doesn't even have it and the lowest I have seen it get is $24.99 my sweetspot is $20
Not sure if it’s been said but TW3CE is 14.98 at toys r us

Is anyone else still waiting for their $50 off coupon to show up? I’d like to get some b2g1 games but would like to use that $50 towards them. Starting to think I won’t get my coupon.

What is this coupon you speak of?
If you bought an Xbox one x during the game days sale you got a coupon for $50 off a future purchase. The future purchase has to be between 12/26 and 12/31. Some of us who bought the one x at launch did a return and rebuy during the sale to get the coupon and also the free PUBG game. Others have said they got the coupon delivered in their available offers on the GameStop app, but I didn’t get it yet. The coupon is only good until the 31st so it looks like I’m out of luck.

bread's done
Back